It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Here is some evidence from the OT to show that the "editors" of the new testament as some like to think ,did not change. That is if you believe that Jesus is God in the flesh and fulfilled all of the OT prophecies. If so then let us see what the unedited by the catholic overlords of the bible Old testament has to say.

Jeremiah 23:5-6 'The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness

Isaiah 9:6 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; wand the government shall be xupon4 his shoulder, and his name shall be called5 Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

That is if you believe that Jesus is God in the flesh and fulfilled all of the OT prophecies.

How can Jesus be God in the flesh, if he took his seat next to Father? If you are saying since he is part of the Godhead, he is God, and he was here on Earth, I can see where you say this.
edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

That is if you believe that Jesus is God in the flesh and fulfilled all of the OT prophecies.

How can Jesus be God in the flesh, if he took his seat next to Father? If you are saying since he is part of the Godhead, he is God, and he was here on Earth, I can see where you say this.

1 Kings 2:19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You obviously have a Bible. You obviously know whats in it. So why with these dumb questions?

I would guess that you may not be in a church that has any inkling of what outreach is, are not submitted to any real leadership, and probably don't tithe.

I'm probably right on two out of three?

I'm still a little dumbfounded by your question actually

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

1 Kings 2:19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

Let me rephrase. Why do you believe God and Jesus are one in the same?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
You obviously have a Bible. You obviously know whats in it. So why with these dumb questions?

I would guess that you may not be in a church that has any inkling of what outreach is, are not submitted to any real leadership, and probably don't tithe.

I'm probably right on two out of three?

I'm still a little dumbfounded by your question actually

Does Jesus state, you must confess him as Savior to enter heaven? Why can't you answer the question instead of drawing assumptions. You are dead wrong on all.

I guess questioning what others believe in is wrong?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Those names were made up by Zacharia Sitchen!

Gosh, So you think Sitchen was alive 10,000 years ago when the Sumerian Tablets came into being.

The names are translations of the Sumerian Texts, which speak to real entities.

I would highly suggest that you are not on top of the Sumerian Tablets translations.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Let me rephrase. Why do you believe God and Jesus are one in the same?

You have over played your hand with this line of questioning you are pursuing. Its almost as if you are taking classic apologetic arguments and attempting to discredit them by testing the knowledge of other Christians.

In answer to the question Psalm 45:6-7 , Hosea 1:7, Zech 2:10-11

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Romans 14:9

9) For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Romans 14:11

11) For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Philippians 2:5-6

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

quoting the old testament is fruitless... the point is, that is an English translation of a Latin translation of a Greek translation of a Hebrew translation...there is no denying it...sure they checked the originals where they could, but without looking at the original, it is hard to tell where the grammatical giveaways would obviously show two different authors, or as in some cases they actually show additions on the ends of books with completely different penmanship, and yet they still try and pass it off as being from the same person...

you cannot prove anything by cutting and pasting several cross references that have already been scripted since before you were even conceived...that proves nothing but what "they" want you to see...also the context...

nobody admits that when the prophets speak of the branch, that there was a priest at the same time with the name yeshuah that is mentioned in the next few verses...they rush past it hoping you didnt catch it or wont ask any questions about it...and it was not jesus of nazareth...so what does that mean??? that jesus, aka, joshua, aka, yeshua, or any variation of the name was as common in Hebrew lands, as fred or tom is in America today...

it does not prove anything...

also if you were going to edit a magazine...and you were the cheif editor...would you not want to make sure the brand and the company were consistently represented throughout the whole publication???

this is why there seems to be continuity throughout a patchwork of several different books...because it was edited to be just that...if we had the originals, or the first drafts, im telling you we would not be looking at the bible with the same unquestioned blind acceptance and give it ultimate authority like many still do today...we would be asking ourselves how we were so easily suckered into a lie...

edit on 20-7-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I am asking because Jesus and God are separate entities. Again, you keep seeming to coin my intent on to me, why do you keep doing this? I can't speak for you, so I must ask why. But, yet you and others will tell me why I did something, I don't understand that.

In the beginning there was the Son and the Father. Father sent the Son down to be a sacrifice. When he was sent he, his self (Jesus), and Father indwelt in the vessel to become one whole person. This is why he said me and the Father are one.

You believe in this, you should be able to show why you believe in this, not attack the poster because it is asked of you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Mes·si·ah (m-s)
n.
1. also Mes·si·as (m-ss) The anticipated savior of the Jews.
2. also Messias Christianity Jesus.
3. messiah One who is anticipated as, regarded as, or professes to be a savior or liberator.

1)Are you of Jewish ancestry?
2)What does "also messias christianity jesus" mean?
3)Anticipated? Fine. Regarded as? Ooookay... Or professes to be a savior or liberator?

edit on 20-7-2012 by wildtimes because: bad mood.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Those names were made up by Zacharia Sitchen!

uh, no they were actually in the epic of Gilgamesh, and several other tablets...(true Sitchin does take creative license for some of the book he compiled from the originals, but a huge portion of it is directly translated and word for word of the original tablets...cannot deny that, no matter how hard one tries...)

and all the other ancient writings that genesis was plagiarized from...and a bad job of it too, because they left a lot of details out that would have revealed their attempt at lying to people if it had been allowed to remain common knowledge...instead it was buried for centuries, by those that had everything to lose by exposing their lies...by those pretending to be gods, and those who were their priestly administration, and the kings who benefited from slave labor...(which system still exists today even though we have had the labels changed on us time and time again) these tablets were then dug up, but now they are still largely hidden away in museums in storage...because scientific circles, the church, government and all other organizations are still trying to maintain the status quo, and the truth would destroy that...they all work for the same evil forces that enslaved humanity for as long as we have had our current form...

the answers are right there as to what happened, how we were created, why we were raised from the level of apes to something resembling those that tampered with our DNA...the answers are in our DNA too, but people still choose to ignore it...you cannot refute the hard evidence present in every living human being on the planet...there are volumes there chronicling the origins of every one of us...where we came from, who our ancestors were, and what lands they traveled through to get where we all are today...

evolution cannot explain the missing link, because there are no missing links...we were taken from one creature and turned into another...the evidence is in our DNA again... the fused chromosomes, which is only possible in a lab...we did not know this til recently when we began tampering with DNA on our own, but now that we know it is a fact, that cannot be refuted...

now since we know that DNA manipulation in a lab is possible...how is it impossible for a more advanced people to not have this technology and use it on our ancestors to create us? the markers are all there...so who did it? the creator does not do that...but i believe the creator allows certain members of creation to participate in creation...as long as they do not interfere too much...but if they cross the line and create for the purpose of abuse, then that is against the laws of nature and the spirit...

that is why the evil ones, the enemy, are called demons...they refuse to obey the mandate of the living creator not to interfere with natural growth, and they selfishly have used us and lied to us...and continue to do so by proxy of their worldly hierarchy...

i believe that CERN is the "demons" ( which is a very simplistic label) attempt at crossing the dimensional chasm they are trapped behind in order to physically control our planet once again...since they were already banished once before...

i believe "angels" have interfered when they were moved by the spirit to do so and sometimes they hesitated because they do not want to break the mandate not to interfere too much...but if interference is for benefit, it is allowed...only we must learn...we cannot have everything handed to us...

it is time to grow up and take our place as servants of the living creator and stand up against the forces of evil, no matter how bleak a picture they try to paint or how much fear they try to plant...what has been foreseen does not have to happen, but will if we refuse to stand up and let the light shine through us...

I agree with most of you assessments. But, I do think the Creator gods pretty much pulled out and left us to make do on our own. Humans are expected to use the brain, keep it highly functional, and optomize intelligence.

All the banter about pray to god for this in that is all about having people sit on their hands and do nothing.

What works is staying involved, always keep learning, always make adjustments and course corrections in society, and don't do the Christian games of sitting on your hands and being so lazy that you don't learn the rest of the story of religion that goes ahead of the little book.

Anyone that thinks the one little book is all they need to know is an example of the bad part of religion.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Philippians 2:9-11

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

EVERY TONGUE SHOULD CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

As all will do.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What works is staying involved, always keep learning, always make adjustments and course corrections in society, and don't do the Christian games of sitting on your hands and being so lazy that you don't learn the rest of the story of religion that goes ahead of the little book.

Anyone that thinks the one little book is all they need to know is an example of the bad part of religion.

Thank you!
Bump!

Always stay involved, always keep learning, always make adjustments......
don't sit on you hands!!
edit on 20-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

As all will do.

How and when?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

As all will do.

How and when?

At the very end, when all understands what is.

*Not the end spoken about in Revelations.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So, JHill, even though we haven't agreed on everything, should we all concede that Jesus Christ is LORD and that by recognizing and confessing this fact, we bring glory to God?

I think you play a lot of word games, but if you want me to say that God is really our Savior, and that God is the one who actually saved us by sending Jesus Christ to die in order that he will be our LORD, I'll concede to that.

But if this is indeed how you see it, it would have been nice if you just came out and told us that instead of leading people around to think a million different things that led in all directions to scatter everyone.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1

paul, stopping to help the believers mend tents, or fix things, or collecting money to buy food for the widows...that is worship...worship is about action, not about standing in one place making hand signals and dancing...

Yet they taught that it wasn't man's works alone that would get them to Heaven.

Nope. It was going to take more than that on their part.

well we all know faith without works is dead, but works alone cannot save you...in other words dont expect to be given a get out of jail free card for giving generously to a charity, or some other good work...

its not a contest...that is the point of the idea...there were those that preached that good works were going to save you...and thats just as wrong as: hocus pocus is going to save you, or baptism, or saying the magic words or whatever...

growth is a process...not some instantaneous magical event...

salvation is through growth, not through magic...

the problem i have with the formula that has been edited into the bible and cleverly woven to suggest it is truth, is that it is witch craft dressed in the garments of Jesus...

you can take the same story as what has been added to the gospel...and find it in the cult of Julius Caesar...the cult of Dionysus...the cult of Osiris (which is still living through the Illuminati, and hidden within the masonic lodge)...so it is obvious to me who orchestrated the hijacking and editing of the bible and the story of Jesus...

the enemy did, by proxy of the occult...and have fooled us all into a form of idolatry and witch craft that is identical in all respects except labels and vestments...and so we are fooled into thinking it is something different, or that those others were "diabolical imitations" as if the devil could foresee Jesus arrival and imitate it before it could even happen...(hogwash)...the "devil" or the enemy is not as powerful as we give credit...the enemy is weak and has given us the illusion that they are many and strong...the truth is we outnumber the enemy, and if we listen to the light we have that on our side and we can defeat the enemy...and all we need to do to defeat the enemy is rebuke them and refuse to obey their schemes...thats it...

thats why they have killed every prophet, teacher, and holy man that ever appeared on the earth...even some we would not even consider prophets have been murdered recently because of their refusal to "play the game"...

i say again...human sacrifice is of the devil...and to suggest that the creator would suddenly accept the act of human sacrifice and side with the enemy, is saying that the creator and the devil are one and the same, and i cannot abide by that...it is irreconcilable to me...but if you take that insight and apply it to the act of blood sacrifice and genocide, then you can see who was impersonating the creator to begin with...it was the enemy, the god imposters...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join