It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 22
13
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1
 




...so it is obvious to me who orchestrated the hijacking and editing of the bible and the story of Jesus...


Me too.

Your mind.

Influenced by "others".




posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined
 




So, JHill, even though we haven't agreed on everything, should we all concede that Jesus Christ is LORD and that by recognizing and confessing this fact, we bring glory to God?


Yes, it would not be any other way.



I think you play a lot of word games, but if you want me to say that God is really our Savior, and that God is the one who actually saved us by sending Jesus Christ to die in order that he will be our LORD, I'll concede to that.


I am not one to play games, I am very absolute. There will be others who will come who will be far worse than I, with testing.



But if this is indeed how you see it, it would have been nice if you just came out and told us that instead of leading people around to think a million different things that led in all directions to scatter everyone.


I wanted to hear other responses, this is why I didn't state what I know to be true. This is why you don't assume what I am saying.
edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1
 




but if you take that insight and apply it to the act of blood sacrifice and genocide, then you can see who was impersonating the creator to begin with...it was the enemy, the god imposters...


Second hint.

The "god imposters" work for Satan leading you to believe that the Bible is flawed.

The "god imposters" are all the "others" that claimed to be gods, when they never were. They were fallen angels. Satan and the fallen angels do have the power to get you to believe that Christianity is a copycat religion.

Jesus said that "all that ever came before me were thieves and robbers". And yes, they did all of this to throw you off of the path to Jesus before he ever came along.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1
 




...so it is obvious to me who orchestrated the hijacking and editing of the bible and the story of Jesus...


Me too.

Your mind.

Influenced by "others".


sorry i dont hijack or edit the bible, i read it, the different versions the different translations, the texts in the original languages with the most literal translations, and study the context of the words...usage determines the context...continuity does not determine the context...

but i also have read some of the books that predate the bible, and many of the stories are written in clearer detail instead of paraphrased or summarized, which leads me to doubt the editors in some cases, and verifies some aspects in other cases...

the truth always comes out...and those that have attempted to hide it and weave lies into the bible have failed...as i have said before, the laws of the creator, of nature and the spirit always balance things back out whether we like it or not...


ad hominem is a poor way to argue a point...


try again...



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1
 




but if you take that insight and apply it to the act of blood sacrifice and genocide, then you can see who was impersonating the creator to begin with...it was the enemy, the god imposters...


Second hint.

The "god imposters" work for Satan leading you to believe that the Bible is flawed.

The "god imposters" are all the "others" that claimed to be gods, when they never were. They were fallen angels. Satan and the fallen angels do have the power to get you to believe that Christianity is a copycat religion.

Jesus said that "all that ever came before me were thieves and robbers". And yes, they did all of this to throw you off of the path to Jesus before he ever came along.


the fallen angels as you call them only have power if you give it to them...i give them none and they absolutely hate me for it...how do i know? i have been told by some who are closer to them...because i expose their lies...

the thieves and robbers Jesus spoke of were the religious leaders of his day and the ones who came before him who used their followers (the flocks) as a means to get rich and fat and then left them to the wolves...do not take those words out of context...that is the same as lying...

try again...



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1
 


You don't have to be the one to highjack or edit the Bible.

You only need Satan and his little minions to influence your thoughts while you're trying to read it and compare translations.

Guard your mind by praying to God before reading it. Ask that you only receive interpretation from the Holy Spirit.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1
 


Jesus mentions the "thieves and robbers" more than once and he wasn't referring to just the religious leaders. Two or three verses prior to the one I'm talking about refers to the thieves and robbers as being anyone who tries to get to God through anyone but him, Jesus. There is no other way to God. Jesus is the only way. This is what he meant by thieves and robbers. Those who try to go around Jesus to get to God are the thieves and robbers.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1
 


You don't have to be the one to highjack or edit the Bible.

You only need Satan and his little minions to influence your thoughts while you're trying to read it and compare translations.

Guard your mind by praying to God before reading it. Ask that you only receive interpretation from the Holy Spirit.



oh i do just that...in fact the scripture you paraphrased was something we read in bible study a month ago...
i do not have any problem with little voices from demonic influence as you are trying to diagnose

what i do have is a case of the jumping cursor (possibly a virus) so i will leave you to ad hominem some more since it is most satisfying to you...

and i will go scan my computer to make sure its ok...

then i will come back and reply to whatever ad hominem response you decide to pull out of your hat between then and now...

dont even think for a second that i am running away... i can go on for ages on the same subject...



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1
 


Jesus mentions the "thieves and robbers" more than once and he wasn't referring to just the religious leaders. Two or three verses prior to the one I'm talking about refers to the thieves and robbers as being anyone who tries to get to God through anyone but him, Jesus. There is no other way to God. Jesus is the only way. This is what he meant by thieves and robbers. Those who try to go around Jesus to get to God are the thieves and robbers.



show the scripture...not the commentary, but the scripture in context...anyone can parrot commentary from youngs or macarthur...



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1
 





the fallen angels as you call them only have power if you give it to them...i give them none and they absolutely hate me for it...how do i know? i have been told by some who are closer to them...because i expose their lies...


Without discernment from the Holy Spirit, you'll never know that for sure. The fallen angels can come disguised as light to get you to give your power over to them. They are tricky that way. As for those that you say who are closer to them exposing their lies, they all work together in unison to confuse you, so I wouldn't believe any of them until you use the Holy Spirit. By the way, you have to believe that Jesus is LORD in order to gain access to the Holy Spirit, otherwise you're open to believe anything any other spirits tells you.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

show the scripture...not the commentary, but the scripture in context...anyone can parrot commentary from youngs or macarthur...


Sorry, about that. I was having computer problems too for awhile. Here are the scriptures I was talking about.

John 10:1-10

10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1
 


Studythem, I just went back and read your posts again and you seem to riding both sides of the fence.

Let me pull up one of your quotes:



its things like this i have a problem with...because this shows clearly that the bible was edited to make the truth into a lie...and clinging to it as it is, without question... is not faith, but willful ignorance of the truth... and when did Jesus say "yes worship me!!! i am the son of god!!!" no, i think he did not...in fact i think his reaction/revulsion to people bowing down to him was redacted on purpose to make people jump to the doctrinal conclusions the bible editors wanted us all to jump to...and the books that came later in the new testament were worded to fill in the blanks Jesus either left, or the blanks left from the multiple redactions...


I have a hard time believing that as long as you're riding both sides of the fence that you have true access to the Holy Spirit even though you're taking a Bible study class. If you think the Bible was edited to a point of losing it's true meaning, you've given over all of your power to the other side because that would be the same as you saying that God didn't have the power to keep his message in tact. When you lessen God's power, you're giving more power to the other side.

I have to turn in now, but I'll check back tomorrow. Have a good evening.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by studythem1

show the scripture...not the commentary, but the scripture in context...anyone can parrot commentary from youngs or macarthur...


Sorry, about that. I was having computer problems too for awhile. Here are the scriptures I was talking about.

John 10:1-10

10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


in this passage Jesus was talking about himself entering the door and all others who try to enter the back way or over the wall are thieves and robbers...again context is so easily ignored...

then he says he is the door...in other words he shows the way...and the correct terminology is not saved, but refuge...rest...



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1
 





the fallen angels as you call them only have power if you give it to them...i give them none and they absolutely hate me for it...how do i know? i have been told by some who are closer to them...because i expose their lies...


Without discernment from the Holy Spirit, you'll never know that for sure. The fallen angels can come disguised as light to get you to give your power over to them. They are tricky that way. As for those that you say who are closer to them exposing their lies, they all work together in unison to confuse you, so I wouldn't believe any of them until you use the Holy Spirit. By the way, you have to believe that Jesus is LORD in order to gain access to the Holy Spirit, otherwise you're open to believe anything any other spirits tells you.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)


yes the fallen angels as you call them do come disguised in light, but like any disguise it fails...they are not that clever...as we can see through all their attempts at cleverness...they slip up time and again... as do their worldly minions...which is evidence that they are not as powerful as the fear laden false doctrines of the council of Nicaea have led us to believe...and i know that the council of Nicaea was a part of their scheme of control and hijacking...

discernment and the holy spirit were given to us precisely to weed out the tampering that was done to the bible, and especially the new testament...

this is why we are told to worship in spirit and in truth...because the spirit is our guide to the truth...

the lie is told that there is an exclusive means that only one religion has the key to salvation, and this is how the evil ones gain entry into the mind...

it is classic problem/ reaction/ solution tactics...

create a problem, cause the target to react, then offer a solution...confusion in order to control and enslave...

i am not confused on this...but some still are...
edit on 21-7-2012 by studythem1 because: spelling



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1
 


Studythem, I just went back and read your posts again and you seem to riding both sides of the fence.

Let me pull up one of your quotes:



its things like this i have a problem with...because this shows clearly that the bible was edited to make the truth into a lie...and clinging to it as it is, without question... is not faith, but willful ignorance of the truth... and when did Jesus say "yes worship me!!! i am the son of god!!!" no, i think he did not...in fact i think his reaction/revulsion to people bowing down to him was redacted on purpose to make people jump to the doctrinal conclusions the bible editors wanted us all to jump to...and the books that came later in the new testament were worded to fill in the blanks Jesus either left, or the blanks left from the multiple redactions...


I have a hard time believing that as long as you're riding both sides of the fence that you have true access to the Holy Spirit even though you're taking a Bible study class. If you think the Bible was edited to a point of losing it's true meaning, you've given over all of your power to the other side because that would be the same as you saying that God didn't have the power to keep his message in tact. When you lessen God's power, you're giving more power to the other side.

I have to turn in now, but I'll check back tomorrow. Have a good evening.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)


riding both sides of the fence? since when? my stance is clear... i did not arrive at this arbitrarily, but for years i have asked the spirit to guide and reveal...both in scripture, and other literature what the truth is...and the truth always is revealed...ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and he door shall be opened...

the truth does not come to us bound in between two leather covers alone, but the whole of the truth is all around us, it is everywhere...and we must take it all in...separate the seeds from the watermelon so to speak...and weigh carefully what is and is not true...

when the scriptures are correct they are dead on, but when they are not, that is where the lies have taken up residence...so...if the bible said the world was flat... and even though we know it is round now, would it be wise to still claim the world is flat? no, it would be silly, that is a denial of truth and growth...but yet such a thing was done by theologians in the days when it was widely accepted that the world was flat...they would cite scriptures that speak of the four corners of the earth,as if we live on a map...

all i am saying is we cannot rely on the flawed commentary of the scriptures, and in some cases if we are completely honest, there are passages that are not original, and are additions to, or embellishments that take away the credibility of the doctrines that are based on them...the context of the past was limited

i am simply exposing the problems inherent in the additions to the scriptures...is there not supposed to be a severe penalty for adding to or taking away from the scripture? but this was precisely what has been done systematically to the bible that has been accepted as canon, and to all the texts that were rejected, burned and eradicated...thousands of volumes in the library of Alexandria were burned because of the need to control others minds...instead of allowing them to worship in spirit and in truth...

of course some were rejected under sound reasoning, but some were rejected because they would have exposed the lies that were woven into the existing books assembled into the "book"...

but as with all things, the truth prevails and makes itself known...in spite of mans tampering and manipulation, and the enemy's tampering and manipulation...the truth survives, is uncovered, is dug up and revealed again and again...and this is because the creator inspired those people who came before to tuck things away and made a provision for us so we know the truth in spite of the tampering and manipulation...

the creator is not a dictator...the creator does not need to exert control...that is a mortal flaw...the creator allows free will and if we truly live by the spirit and have real faith, then we will come to understand the truth and all will be revealed as we continue to learn...

if we take it upon ourselves to eradicate what we do not agree with because it does not fit the approved doctrines that have been voted on by a group of corrupt dead church fathers, then we truly have no faith at all, because we deny the power of the creator and the spirit of the creator to reveal and show us the truth...and we also deny the power of the creator to inspire others to find the same or to find additional insight in the scripture...
edit on 21-7-2012 by studythem1 because: spelling



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus
 



religion means literally to bind again...and again....

why would a religion claim to come to set the captives free, but the same religion that takes Jesus name and misuses it would be designed to enslave? because it is a misuse...a misrepresentation...a hijacking...

the creator gods as you call them...are gone in a sense, but only physically, their influence is still here, and they have set up a system of enslavement in the event that they find their way back so they can take over again...they were not benevolent, for the most part they were selfish...they destroyed their own home and sought to plunder ours...and then they turned us into the stunted creatures we are, advanced beyond where we should be, mentally limited, and spiritually stagnant...we have got to grow into our britches...yet we think we have outgrown them...

there are several parts of the brain we do not even use because they are switched off...deliberately...

there are over 4000 possible defects engineered into the human genome...no other creature on earth has that sort of disadvantage resident in their DNA...that is deliberate...

we have fused chromosomes, something only possible in a lab...that is deliberate...

certain domestic plants/animals show signs of genetic tampering inherent in their DNA...they just appear out of nowhere, ready for farms...that is deliberate...

the cheetah, is the only cat that has also got dog DNA in it...that is deliberate...in fact they were used to hunt with and domesticated widely in Egypt...

we have a lot of things to overcome, and roadblocks in the way of our development as the whole of the human race...

but before we can overcome these hurdles, we must learn to grow up and throw off the oppression that has been built up around us since before we even were born...we have to stand up for what is right and what is good before we can even dream of advancing, or learning to use the other parts of our brain we do not use...or actually leaving the solar system...

the enemy would have us believe we can just sit on our hands and wait in "faith" for a rescue to come...as if the clouds will open up and a giant hand will scoop us out of the frying pan...instead of using our gift of intelligence and our ability to know right from wrong to come together and resist evil...

evil is not some nebulous, vague concept... it exists, and there are mortal beings here and in other places that wield it as a weapon against us all...

no i dont think they abandoned us...most of those who were here, were forced to leave by others, they were banished to another place/ dimension...which they have been trying to get out of and come back from...

there are others as well, and remnants of their power...some are good, some are evil, some are simply carrying out a set of commands like robots, and there is no motive or feeling involved...

but whoever is nearby, and is in tune with the creator is definitely torn between intervention, and really hoping that we will be able to grow up and stand on our own...they are waiting for us to do that...but because the creator allows free will, they feel they must also allow it as well...that shows tons of faith...

but if we refuse to stand up, and think sitting on our hands and allowing things to unfold as they have been foretold would happen, instead of recognizing they are warnings of what might happen, we will experience the worst...

if however we grow up and stop having the "poor little me" episodes and take responsibility for this world we claim to have stewardship over...then we will begin to see the real miracle unfold...



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Many are taught that accepting Jesus Christ and accepting him into your life, you will be saved from hell. But, did Brother make this claim? The closest we can come to this is:

John 14:6


Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


Could Jesus have meant, imitate me, be like me, and you can enter heaven? Do you really think people who lived their lives like Brother, but don't accept him as Savior will be sent to eternal damnation?

You have other scriptures that talk about accepting Christ, but did Brother specifically say to do this or perish? Is it possible with having a direct relationship with God, or choosing your own way to God, but being good?
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)


"I" am the way, the truth and the life.
"You" are the way, the truth and the life. Look to your own 'I am' to find the way, the truth and the life. Look to find the 'me' inside and you will find your way to the father.
People always read the words in the bible as though you have to be like Jesus but if you read it as it is written as though it is you saying it - I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life then find out what this 'I am' is.
The way home is through yourself.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined
 


How do you know that? That's a pretty outlandish claim considering that interpretation is based off multiple interpretations and translations before hand. How do you know what he meant by that at all. It has obviously been written in the best translation/interpretation already. I think he was indeed talking about thieves and robbers. Not that those who try to find god with out him are thieves and robbers and will be punished....

Sorry I ain't biting your cookie.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


I find it makes more sense to read much of the bible as if you, yourself is saying it. Otherwise you end up having some quack who's " Closer to god " Telling you something like picking grapes is interpreted as masturbating, it's a sin, and you will go to hell for it.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich
 


Exactly.
I am is God but what am I?



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join