It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Jesus said 'I am the alpha and the omega'.
I is before and after any thing.
I is the presence in which all takes place.

All seeing, all knowing, everpresent I (eye).
edit on 21-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

but if we refuse to stand up, and think sitting on our hands and allowing things to unfold as they have been foretold would happen, instead of recognizing they are warnings of what might happen, we will experience the worst...

Exactly when did the Bible, as a book of prophecy, become a book of events that "might happen"?

And what makes you think after thousands of years of error that mankind has the ability to redeem themselves for the better? I say the truth is found through repeated history.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

"I" am the way, the truth and the life. "You" are the way, the truth and the life. Look to your own 'I am' to find the way, the truth and the life. Look to find the 'me' inside and you will find your way to the father. People always read the words in the bible as though you have to be like Jesus but if you read it as it is written as though it is you saying it - I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life then find out what this 'I am' is. The way home is through yourself.

Even if you took out all of the "I am" statements out the Bible, you couldn't possibly come to this conclusion if you had indeed read the Bible.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Look to find the 'me' inside and you will find your way to the father.

You said the father, but not Father, so I must ask, which Father are you referring to? As it stands, you can have two separate Fathers, but not both at the same time.

I ask because when people say Father, it's personal to them. But, when they say to the Father, that is separating yourself from Father.

Maybe you meant something different, but I am very absolute.
edit on 21-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Look to find the 'me' inside and you will find your way to the father.

You said the father, but not Father, so I must ask, which Father are you referring to? As it stands, you can have two separate Fathers, but not both at the same time.

I ask because when people say Father, it's personal to them. But, when they say to the Father, that is separating yourself from Father.

Maybe you meant something different, but I am very absolute.
edit on 21-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

The father is the source. Return to source.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14;6

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

"I" am the way, the truth and the life. "You" are the way, the truth and the life. Look to your own 'I am' to find the way, the truth and the life. Look to find the 'me' inside and you will find your way to the father. People always read the words in the bible as though you have to be like Jesus but if you read it as it is written as though it is you saying it - I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life then find out what this 'I am' is. The way home is through yourself.

Even if you took out all of the "I am" statements out the Bible, you couldn't possibly come to this conclusion if you had indeed read the Bible.

I didn't say 'take out' the I am statements out of the bible.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I'm suggesting that you find another text to back up your statements of what "I am" means, because the Bible doesn't come close to suggesting that "I am" is all about self.

A little Bible study goes a long way and it doesn't appear that you've done any.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

When the 'I am' is deeply examined lies, confusion and fear will drop away.
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

The truth shall set you free.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I'm suggesting that you find another text to back up your statements of what "I am" means, because the Bible doesn't come close to suggesting that "I am" is all about self.

A little Bible study goes a long way and it doesn't appear that you've done any.

What does 'I am' mean? What is this thing you call 'I'?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The father is the source. Return to source.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14;6

This was a statement made by JESUS. Jesus really existed. Jesus really died on the cross so that all sin and evil could be wiped clean. This is why he said that no one could get to the Father except through HIM. If you can't acknowledge that Jesus came to die in order that you might have eternal life, then you miss the point of the Bible entirely. It's not about self. It's about acknowledging Jesus for who he was and what he did for you.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
Hate to break it to you but unless you have read the bible and understand the reasoning behind this occurrence then you are venturing into conjecture as well. Poorly I might add. Also how are you to know what is right behavior/love without Gods word to guide you? Treatment of women across different cultures is a prime example some cultures use male privilege to excuse injustice to women where others do not. They even have their own scriptures to back it up but weighed against objective truth we can see that to rape/abuse your spouse because you own her is completely wrong. Gods word stands up to truth.

I read the Bible, and understand reasoning behind this occurrence. But it doesn't make any more thruthful in my eyes. Let's face it, Bible (especially Old Testament) is full of baloney and inconsequences, and it's absolute ignorance to accept some and shut your eyes for the others.
Entire race coming from three people? (Eve, Adam, Kain) Incest all the way, ask your priest about it, see what he says to you. God getting angry and slaughtering human race save happy couple Noah and his wife (who lived something around 900 years, go check, its IN THE BIBLE). God helping destroy the walls of the city Jericho so his believers can jolly plunder it and kill the infidels? Not very godly, you know.
The injustice to woman is strong part of all 3 major religions of the world, islam, christianity and judaism. Mostly because the were invented and implemented by men. We're not better, rights and respect came from development of our civilisations, not because of religion. You want some quotes from catholic archbishops and popes and their views on the women? Plenty of it. Look at todays church and difference in role of men and women in it.

Also most of christian celebrations are just secular or pagan celebrations of passing seasons, Easter the best example (why it's called Easter and celebrate EGGS? Think about it. Answer is right there)

And last but not least. The difference between good and evil DO NOT come from religion. You see, religions never had big problem with killing, raping or looting only issue was who holds the sword and whos getting killed ("Kill them all, God will recognize his own", rings a bell?). And how big chunk of looted stuff they received. Today is no different. Nazis were goin to IIWW with "God with us" slogan on their banners (Gott mit uns). American troops receives mighty support from religious quacks. Just to keep them obedient with promise of happy afterlife.

So... You're wrong. In everything you wrote, no exceptions.
What you're basically doing is belittling God the Creator, that somehow he is so occupied with our race. The mere suggestion that we are created to HIS (why not HERS? Why we always refer to God as a men? Answer was above) likeness is the BIGGEST BLASPHEMY of them all.
One perhaps you will understand true concept of God. Or at least shadow of it, because in full its so far beyond our comprehension.
edit on 21-7-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

As it relates to the Bible, "I AM" were statements made by God and Jesus only. God stating that he was "I AM" was to let the people know that HE was the Alpha and Omega and that he is the ONLY one who has existed throughout eternity. This statement was to let everyone know that he was the one true God and that there were no other gods greater than him. Jesus said "I am" the Son of God. Jesus also existed in Heaven before he came down to earth to die for your sins. Only these two. No others. No one else can claim "I am".

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I disagree.
The source of you is the source of all and when this fact is realized you will know what you are and you will realize that there is no other.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

But, when they say to the Father, that is separating yourself from Father.

Right, using the formal expression, with the article, is showing respect, something that God deserves, and demanded by the Bible. Your informal address to God is your self-elevation, and disrespects God.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

As it relates to the Bible, "I AM" were statements made by God and Jesus only. God stating that he was "I AM" was to let the people know that HE was the Alpha and Omega and that he is the ONLY one who has existed throughout eternity. This statement was to let everyone know that he was the one true God and that there were no other gods greater than him. Jesus said "I am" the Son of God. Jesus also existed in Heaven before he came down to earth to die for your sins. Only these two. No others. No one else can claim "I am".

Can you say you are not? No - you say 'I am', that is if you are being honest. There is only one I am but it appears that many are saying it, claiming it. I am can only be said in the present tense, it is present tense knowing that i am. 'I am' is the truth, whereas 'I was' or 'I will be' are not truth, they are thoughts, imaginings. Only 'I am' is true.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The father is the source. All arises from source. Nothing is separate from source.

Man just 'believes' that he is separate, 'thinking' makes him believe all sorts of 'things'.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I disagree.
The source of you is the source of all and when this fact is realized you will know what you are and you will realize that there is no other.

The source is God. We were all created by God. When this life is over, we will join God in Heaven and we will be living with God and living like God, but that still doesn't make us God. We had a beginning. God did not. God will still rule his/our kingdom when we're all joined together.

If you want to believe otherwise, I just suggest that you use another text to prove your theory other than the Bible, because the Bible proves your theory wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I am is the way, the truth and the life. I am is presence. Any other God is past or future and worshipping future or past is not the way, the truth or the life. To look at future (i will be) or past (i was) is what causes human suffering. Stay with the 'I am' and you will be set free of the prison of mind made imaginings. The false self (some call ego) vanishes when staying in the 'I am' (present awareness).

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'll expand a little bit further by saying that until such time that we are united with God, we have access to the Holy Spirit (that is the Spirit of God inside us for now) in order to keep us connected to God until the time that we are physically joined together with him in his kingdom. At least, according to the Bible.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I disagree.

The source is God. We were all created by God. When this life is over, we will join God in Heaven and we will be living with God and living like God, but that still doesn't make us God. We had a beginning. God did not. God will still rule his/our kingdom when we're all joined together.

If you want to believe otherwise, I just suggest that you use another text to prove your theory other than the Bible, because the Bible proves your theory wrong.

If the source of you is God then you can turn around and look directly at your source now. If you believe that you have to wait until a future date then that is all that is stopping you from seeing the truth.
Can you be sure you had a beginning?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join