It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

JHill76, do you believe what Paul taught in the Bible?

Did Peter back up Paul's statements in the Bible?

I don't see how this has anything to do with my question.

But, be more specific. Are you asking: Do I believe everything that Paul has written, or do I believe he was led by the Spirit in what he wrote?

Sure, go ahead and answer the question based on the way you asked it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i believe the people who wrote the original books in the new testament were inspired, but that doesn't mean the people who edited them to suit their own selfish agenda were divinely inspired...and it makes it worse because they have turned the truth into a lie...

link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I know that Paul was given to man by way of Father for the sole fact that many would think they could never live like Jesus. But, with Paul he is a common man, and he showed the way to live and enter heaven from his understanding, many will say they can relate to Paul better than they could relate to Christ, because of his divinity.

link   
reply to post by studythem1

saying we have to make converts is a marketing scheme...nobody, not even the creator benefits from this...only greedy human leaders...

I'm not talking about making converts. I'm talking about sharing the Word that Jesus taught. That doesn't require trying to convert anyone, but without people sharing the Word, it never would have made it too far out of Israel, now would it?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I know that Paul was given to man by way of Father for the sole fact that many would think they could never live like Jesus. But, with Paul he is a common man, and he showed the way to live and enter heaven from his understanding, many will say they can relate to Paul better than they could relate to Christ, because of his divinity.

Now, do you really think that if Paul was sent to man by Father that Father would have allowed him to stray to such a point that he wasn't teaching the TRUE overall big picture and message?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Now, do you really think that if Paul was sent to man by Father that Father would have allowed him to stray to such a point that he wasn't teaching the TRUE overall big picture and message?

The question I asked is not going to make or break you or keep you in or out from heaven. That is one small crumb in a big pan, so I don't see where you are saying stray. I wanted to know why do others teach that you have to confess him as Savior to enter into heaven, by responses, I see why.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

paul, stopping to help the believers mend tents, or fix things, or collecting money to buy food for the widows...that is worship...worship is about action, not about standing in one place making hand signals and dancing...

Yet they taught that it wasn't man's works alone that would get them to Heaven.

Nope. It was going to take more than that on their part.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

saying we have to make converts is a marketing scheme...nobody, not even the creator benefits from this...only greedy human leaders...

I'm not talking about making converts. I'm talking about sharing the Word that Jesus taught. That doesn't require trying to convert anyone, but without people sharing the Word, it never would have made it too far out of Israel, now would it?

every time Jesus mentioned sharing, it was in the context of a meal...not a hot dog vendor, but a real sit down meal...

to me witnessing is like a hot dog vendor...its cheap, unhealthy and tastes good, but its not really what its all about...however a meal is shared between friends, its wholesome, satisfying and full of nourishment that lasts for a very long time...and this is how we share the word and gain insight, through discussion over it and through spiritual inspiration...not trying to "sell" the word like a hot dog...or worse... by trying to shove the "hot dog" down peoples throats...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The question I asked is not going to make or break you or keep you in or out from heaven. That is one small crumb in a big pan, so I don't see where you are saying stray. I wanted to know why do others teach that you have to confess him as Savior to enter into heaven, by responses, I see why.

Yes, the reason others teach that you have to confess him as Savior is because that's exactly what Jesus and Jesus alone did. He saved us from death and brought us eternal life and no one else did that. If we don't confess this information to others, how will anyone know how we were saved?

So, yes, Jesus was our Savior whether people want to confess it or not. No one else was capable of doing it.

I'll leave it to everyone else to decide how important they think it was to confess, but if we're going by the Bible, I would say that acknowledgement of those actions is the key to understanding God's will.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

If we don't confess this information to others, how will anyone know how we were saved?

So, by this, you are saying it is used down here when speaking with others, but not a requirement to walk into heaven?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

reply to post by stupid girl

I would imagine that confessing with your mouth was something that God expected us to do in the form of witnessing. Remember, children of God aren't supposed to hide their light. They are supposed to share it with others.

i dont believe it is witnessing that is the correct format, or that any format is necessary...confessing that you believe in the creator, that you honor the creator of the universe, and that you are thankful for the life that came from the creator of all, is confession enough...true worship is being what we were designed to be, which is bearers of life...if we live, share, raise children, are kind to our fellow man, and learn to grow up, that is worship...

what is a part of sharing the light is exactly what Jesus told peter to do after the miracle of the net full of fish..."feed my sheep" was the mandate...that meant physically as well as spiritually...

instead of hording the gift peter was given for himself, for business, he was told to feed the sheep...why were they sheep? because as soon as they heard Jesus was back, they dropped everything, forgot to pack food and hurried off to see him...sheep are the fools of nature, so even though they were foolish Jesus had compassion enough to think of them when the blessing of the fish was bestowed on the fishermen...this is worship...

paul, stopping to help the believers mend tents, or fix things, or collecting money to buy food for the widows...that is worship...worship is about action, not about standing in one place making hand signals and dancing...

"witnessing" is more effective by holding your tongue and exhibiting positive action than it is by saying anything...we are not to win converts, but be truth, be compassionate, to be examples, friends...and hopefully our actions will help another soul to grow...

it is selfish to keep score...the creator doesn't do that, but the enemy does, so where do these selfish ideas and false doctrines come from? the enemy...

How can you honor the creator if you reject his son, his mission, and his instruction? Witnessing is an expression of faith. It is good fruit. It is not a tally system for acceptance from the lord. It is appreciation to the lord and you are helping him spread his message which he is delighted in. Are you your brothers keeper? If you are expressing your faith through positive actions like the example of Paul above then people will be curious as to where this comes from. Are we to hold our tongue then? Look at the Christians in places like china. How could the good news have been spread in a place where it is forbidden if you can not bear witness to others about the truth of the lord?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

Originally posted by studythem1

reply to post by stupid girl

I would imagine that confessing with your mouth was something that God expected us to do in the form of witnessing. Remember, children of God aren't supposed to hide their light. They are supposed to share it with others.

i dont believe it is witnessing that is the correct format, or that any format is necessary...confessing that you believe in the creator, that you honor the creator of the universe, and that you are thankful for the life that came from the creator of all, is confession enough...true worship is being what we were designed to be, which is bearers of life...if we live, share, raise children, are kind to our fellow man, and learn to grow up, that is worship...

what is a part of sharing the light is exactly what Jesus told peter to do after the miracle of the net full of fish..."feed my sheep" was the mandate...that meant physically as well as spiritually...

instead of hording the gift peter was given for himself, for business, he was told to feed the sheep...why were they sheep? because as soon as they heard Jesus was back, they dropped everything, forgot to pack food and hurried off to see him...sheep are the fools of nature, so even though they were foolish Jesus had compassion enough to think of them when the blessing of the fish was bestowed on the fishermen...this is worship...

"witnessing" is more effective by holding your tongue and exhibiting positive action than it is by saying anything...we are not to win converts, but be truth, be compassionate, to be examples, friends...and hopefully our actions will help another soul to grow...

it is selfish to keep score...the creator doesn't do that, but the enemy does, so where do these selfish ideas and false doctrines come from? the enemy...

How can you honor the creator if you reject his son, his mission, and his instruction? Witnessing is an expression of faith. It is good fruit. It is not a tally system for acceptance from the lord. It is appreciation to the lord and you are helping him spread his message which he is delighted in. Are you your brothers keeper? If you are expressing your faith through positive actions like the example of Paul above then people will be curious as to where this comes from. Are we to hold our tongue then? Look at the Christians in places like china. How could the good news have been spread in a place where it is forbidden if you can not bear witness to others about the truth of the lord?

because, in spite of all the attempts of the Chinese govt and corporations to control the people, they still have to allow some things in order to have better slaves...and the corrupt version of Jesus message we call Christianity, is more effective than any other tool of oppression they have wielded...because it so thoroughly brainwashes and renders the slaves subservient and happy to be so trampled on...that is why it is allowed, but at the same time outlawed...they have to look like they dont want it there to save face, but they allow it for the purpose of good business...and better working slaves...

also i never said i reject Jesus, or his message, but i reject the editing that was done to his words, and i reject the conjecture that tries to interpret his word to mean other than what they mean...i also reject the lies of all those who claimed to come in the name of Jesus or the creator...because their true nature has been revealed...

misrepresenting ones self, or claiming to come in their name, or claiming that your words are theirs is all a lie...that is what is wrong with people today, we have all been lied to, but many still cling to the lies because they are afraid of what they will find on the other side...they are afraid of the truth they have not heard yet...they are afraid to have to change, or grow...they want the familiar, what is handed to them, what is easy to look up or cross reference...its the selfish part of our nature at its finest...
edit on 20-7-2012 by studythem1 because: more explanation

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here's the greatest mystery to be revealed from the Bible.

Remember where the Bible says that when Jesus returns, that every knee will bow and tongue confess?

Confess what? Well, that's up to each individual, but the mystery is that Jesus will expect everyone to confess that HE IS LORD.

Now, once again, according to John 6:36, not everyone who sees Jesus will recognize him as LORD, but that's what everyone is going to have to confess in order to enter Heaven. Those who don't recognize him or "believeth in Him" as the Bible says, won't be receiving eternal life with Him.

Based on all of the chances that the Bible says that Jesus will give us in order to recognize this fact will make it pretty hard for anyone to deny him, in my opinion, but that's not to say that some won't.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Could Jesus have meant

I'ma tell you what Jesus meant when he said that...it means I am God manifested so salvation cannot go through without going through with me first. Jesus is God if you believe in the bible, they just don't tell you that because people actually think he is the son of god...he was god in human form....if you believe in such things that is.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Here's the greatest mystery to be revealed from the Bible.

Remember where the Bible says that when Jesus returns, that every knee will bow and tongue confess?

Confess what? Well, that's up to each individual, but the mystery is that Jesus will expect everyone to confess that HE IS LORD.

Now, once again, according to John 6:36, not everyone who sees Jesus will recognize him as LORD, but that's what everyone is going to have to confess in order to enter Heaven. Those who don't recognize him or "believeth in Him" as the Bible says, won't be receiving eternal life with Him.

Based on all of the chances that the Bible says that Jesus will give us in order to recognize this fact will make it pretty hard for anyone to deny him, in my opinion, but that's not to say that some won't.

you just quoted/paraphrased 3 places that show glaring contradictions... not every one will see Jesus and recognize Jesus as lord, but everyone will confess he is lord??? and then they have to do this to get into heaven??? so who got in??? those that confessed or those that confessed and recognized???

are we so sure that the "every knee" text is to be taken literally? what is the context? was it a dream? if so could it have been a vision of the forced conversions of the catholic church??? we have to understand these things before we assume...

its things like this i have a problem with...because this shows clearly that the bible was edited to make the truth into a lie...and clinging to it as it is, without question... is not faith, but willful ignorance of the truth...

and when did Jesus say "yes worship me!!! i am the son of god!!!"

no, i think he did not...in fact i think his reaction/revulsion to people bowing down to him was redacted on purpose to make people jump to the doctrinal conclusions the bible editors wanted us all to jump to...and the books that came later in the new testament were worded to fill in the blanks Jesus either left, or the blanks left from the multiple redactions...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Perfect timing Evanzsayz!

Here's a link to Revelation, chapter 19

kingjbible.com...

Notice how verse 9 mentions "the marriage supper of the Lamb (Jesus)" and verse 17 then switches over to say that it is the "supper of the great God".

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by jhill76

Could Jesus have meant

I'ma tell you what Jesus meant when he said that...it means I am God manifested so salvation cannot go through without going through with me first. Jesus is God if you believe in the bible, they just don't tell you that because people actually think he is the son of god...he was god in human form....if you believe in such things that is.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

Jesus and God are separate. This has been debated many times on this board.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

My point is that even when people see Jesus at the second coming, that not everyone will confess that he is LORD. Not everyone will confess that Jesus IS God.

Hopefully, the link to Revelation 19 will help to shed a little light on the situation.

I'll be back in a moment after digging up the verses on every knee will bow.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i think when Jesus said

"no man cometh unto the father but by me..." it was an example...

in other words, if we do not do our part to reach out to other people with a genuine spirit, then nobody else is going to do it, or we should act as if nobody else will...

in other words " if i dont show kindness, to others, nobody else is going to do it, if i dont allow the spirit to move through me, then nobody will see the presence of the creator..." in other words our actions are important...and Jesus was teaching a motto, or a mantra...something to repeat to motivate and inspire...

the same as "what i do is important today...nobody is going to see the creator manifest in my life unless i reveal it..."

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

im sorry, but i do not entirely buy the accepted interpretation of revelation...there is much prophecy there, but there is also much that is gibberish, or will not be understood until it is right in our faces, and also...so much has been edited in the bible that it takes discernment to weed out the lies...something most so called believers are afraid to venture into...

i do not care to be taken down a path of scripted passages that you are parroting from your extensive training on the subject matter... call me shrewd, but i took 3 years of religious studies, and seminary before i left in disgust...and that was almost 20 years ago...i could no longer stomach the lies...since then i have stepped outside the box and read several other things besides just the bible, and it not only enhances and verifies what is true in the bible, but exposes the lies and blasphemies there too...

modern legal statutes and codes were written by the same occult societies that edited the bible...its all to confuse and enslave people...

also you said in one breath that not everyone will bow or confess, but then you quote a scripture that says just that...

????

this is why i do not trust the editors of the bible...because they forgot to correct all the glaring inconsistencies...and that is the most obvious mark of a lie...

i can trust the creator all day...i have been living by faith for the last 10 months especially, and all my needs are met, all my blessings, i know where they come from...

but i cannot condone or uphold nonsense and lies and give the creator credit for nonsense and lies...and i refuse to do so...
edit on 20-7-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join