It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I reference it, because I know it to be true on how he was taken above. Now, he teachings on Christ, this is one mans view, how can you take one man against what Jesus said? This is like only following your pastor in church.

As I recall, Peter backed up everything Paul said.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by jhill76

Now you are entering into the area where you are asking too many questions. That is what they call "blashpemy".

It happens to anyone who doesn't fall into the exact mold of each individual religion. Believe it or not, there are some factions of "Christians" who believe that you must not only profess a belief in Christ as God, but you must also be saved and born again in order to gain entrance into heaven. These groups do a bit more tweaking of the scripture to make things work for them.

I as a free thinker get accused and damned to hell on a regular occasion even though I believe in God and consider my self a the very least, a believer in Christ. If these bozo's are right, Heaven will be a very lonely place and the party will be in Pergetory. I'll bring the chips.

It is not asking questions that is the problem it is the conjecture not grounded in any kind reason that is the danger. Its like saying "What does God look like?" this isnt bad but if I were to say well God might look like a giant pop-tart and because it does not say that he isnt then we can assume this could be true, we are just free thinking. Even worse it is like saying Paul whose words can be tested for truth against the rest of scripture tells you what God looks like based on divine revelation but because you didnt see where God described his appearance directly you disregard it.

Hopefully you see the point im making. Might not be the best analogy/example. Gods appearance described by Paul in this example is purely hypothetical so please dont go looking for scripture about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you, but to think that creator of universe had a son with human woman, to actually believe that you have to be vigorously indoctrinated from very early age. Oooops, we are, hahahaha

God having baby with earthling is notion perpetruated through different mythologies (Zeus had few actually), Its just make believe, humanity's gigalomania.

Way to God lies in your behavior and love to your kind. Most of religious lacks it because they treat people from other religions as deemed to be punished in afterlife. So better stay the hell out from them!

Just another tool of control and division.
edit on 20-7-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

Here you go!

John 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now remember, in John 6:36, not everyone who has seen or sees him will believe in him.

This is the key!

Correct, on your answer to this scripture. But, does this say you must confess he is your Savior as a requirement to enter into the gates? Belief in him and his work, and confessing him as your savior is two different things.

So now the question has changed from:

Can a person follow the teachings of Jesus, just His teachings, the words that are in red in the New Testament, and still get in through the back door of heaven?

TO:

Does a person have to confess, as in speak with their mouth, outloud, the words "Jesus You are my Savior" to partake of the pearly gates?

To that, I would have to say technically no.
What if the person had one of those gnarly hole things in their throat from too much cigarette smoking?

Would the question change to "Does a person have to robot talk 'Jesus You are my Savior' with their battery powered throat vibrator apparatus thing to partake of the pearly gates?"

Or how about, "Does a person have to mouth the words 'Jesus You are my Savior' with their lips, with or without sound, entirely up to them, to partake of the pearlies?"

I'm assuming the point you are trying to make is based on Romans 10:9:

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

While what Paul states is Truth, he does not imply that this is the only single way that a person is to obtain salvation.

Do you disagree that what Paul stated is true?

He is merely stating a fact, not an ultimatum.

It would be akin to assuming that because he says "As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” a few sentences later, that only people who bring good news can have good lookin' feet.
That's ignorant.

Romans Chapter 10 is to be read in context.
A person can confess with their mouth.
But a person can also confess with their heart and mind.
edit on 20-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
Hate to break it to you, but to think that creator of universe had a son with human woman, to actually believe that you have to be vigorously indoctrinated from very early age. Oooops, we are, hahahaha

God having baby with earthling is notion perpetruated through different mythologies (Zeus had few actually), Its just make believe, humanity's gigalomania.

Way to God lies in your behavior and love to your kind. Most of religious lacks it because they treat people from other religions as deemed to be punished in afterlife. So better stay the hell out from them!

Hate to break it to you but unless you have read the bible and understand the reasoning behind this occurrence then you are venturing into conjecture as well. Poorly I might add. Also how are you to know what is right behavior/love without Gods word to guide you? Treatment of women across different cultures is a prime example some cultures use male privilege to excuse injustice to women where others do not. They even have their own scriptures to back it up but weighed against objective truth we can see that to rape/abuse your spouse because you own her is completely wrong. Gods word stands up to truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Those names were made up by Zacharia Sitchen!

uh, no they were actually in the epic of Gilgamesh, and several other tablets...(true Sitchin does take creative license for some of the book he compiled from the originals, but a huge portion of it is directly translated and word for word of the original tablets...cannot deny that, no matter how hard one tries...)

and all the other ancient writings that genesis was plagiarized from...and a bad job of it too, because they left a lot of details out that would have revealed their attempt at lying to people if it had been allowed to remain common knowledge...instead it was buried for centuries, by those that had everything to lose by exposing their lies...by those pretending to be gods, and those who were their priestly administration, and the kings who benefited from slave labor...(which system still exists today even though we have had the labels changed on us time and time again) these tablets were then dug up, but now they are still largely hidden away in museums in storage...because scientific circles, the church, government and all other organizations are still trying to maintain the status quo, and the truth would destroy that...they all work for the same evil forces that enslaved humanity for as long as we have had our current form...

the answers are right there as to what happened, how we were created, why we were raised from the level of apes to something resembling those that tampered with our DNA...the answers are in our DNA too, but people still choose to ignore it...you cannot refute the hard evidence present in every living human being on the planet...there are volumes there chronicling the origins of every one of us...where we came from, who our ancestors were, and what lands they traveled through to get where we all are today...

evolution cannot explain the missing link, because there are no missing links...we were taken from one creature and turned into another...the evidence is in our DNA again... the fused chromosomes, which is only possible in a lab...we did not know this til recently when we began tampering with DNA on our own, but now that we know it is a fact, that cannot be refuted...

now since we know that DNA manipulation in a lab is possible...how is it impossible for a more advanced people to not have this technology and use it on our ancestors to create us? the markers are all there...so who did it? the creator does not do that...but i believe the creator allows certain members of creation to participate in creation...as long as they do not interfere too much...but if they cross the line and create for the purpose of abuse, then that is against the laws of nature and the spirit...

that is why the evil ones, the enemy, are called demons...they refuse to obey the mandate of the living creator not to interfere with natural growth, and they selfishly have used us and lied to us...and continue to do so by proxy of their worldly hierarchy...

i believe that CERN is the "demons" ( which is a very simplistic label) attempt at crossing the dimensional chasm they are trapped behind in order to physically control our planet once again...since they were already banished once before...

i believe "angels" have interfered when they were moved by the spirit to do so and sometimes they hesitated because they do not want to break the mandate not to interfere too much...but if interference is for benefit, it is allowed...only we must learn...we cannot have everything handed to us...

it is time to grow up and take our place as servants of the living creator and stand up against the forces of evil, no matter how bleak a picture they try to paint or how much fear they try to plant...what has been foreseen does not have to happen, but will if we refuse to stand up and let the light shine through us...

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Jesus only tried to show folks the issue of Enki and depart from Enlil/Yahweh/Allah.

So, in truth, Jesus isn't the way to a real theme for god.

Jesus was into the water and river culture god of ancient Sumeria, which then set up the river culture for Egypt.

Neither Enlil, nor Enki, should be considered god any more than Nimrod. All it was about is those trying to be kings trying to play god.

If you want to find anything close to god, go shake hands with mother nature. And you'll find nature doesn't pay much attention to humans, but you are supposed to learn from your surroundings.

i believe Enki meant well, but so many others grossly abused the positions they appointed themselves to...
edit on 20-7-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by studythem1 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I would imagine that confessing with your mouth was something that God expected us to do in the form of witnessing. Remember, children of God aren't supposed to hide their light. They are supposed to share it with others.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
From all of the answers provided, it can be concluded that no, Jesus did not state this, but we can conclude this from what all is written in the bible. That could have been said, than trying to discredit me for asking.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

From all of the answers provided, it can be concluded that no, Jesus did not state this, but we can conclude this from what all is written in the bible. That could have been said, than trying to discredit me for asking.

I'm going to ask you to repeat that one more time, JHill, just to make sure we understand you right.

Did you say that we can conclude, from all that is written in the Bible, that Jesus is the only way to God?

As far as discrediting you for asking, the only reason that happened was because you were discrediting the Holy Spirit and ALL that was written in the Bible that didn't come directly from Jesus.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

My question has remained the same.

Could Jesus have meant, imitate me, be like me, and you can enter heaven? Do you really think people who lived their lives like Brother, but don't accept him as Savior will be sent to eternal damnation? You have other scriptures that talk about accepting Christ, but did Brother specifically say to do this or perish? Is it possible with having a direct relationship with God, or choosing your own way to God, but being good?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I would imagine that confessing with your mouth was something that God expected us to do in the form of witnessing. Remember, children of God aren't supposed to hide their light. They are supposed to share it with others.

i dont believe it is witnessing that is the correct format, or that any format is necessary...confessing that you believe in the creator, that you honor the creator of the universe, and that you are thankful for the life that came from the creator of all, is confession enough...true worship is being what we were designed to be, which is bearers of life...if we live, share, raise children, are kind to our fellow man, and learn to grow up, that is worship...

saying we have to make converts is a marketing scheme...nobody, not even the creator benefits from this...only greedy human leaders...

what is a part of sharing the light is exactly what Jesus told peter to do after the miracle of the net full of fish..."feed my sheep" was the mandate...that meant physically as well as spiritually...

instead of hording the gift peter was given for himself, for business, he was told to feed the sheep...why were they sheep? because as soon as they heard Jesus was back, they dropped everything, forgot to pack food and hurried off to see him...sheep are the fools of nature, so even though they were foolish Jesus had compassion enough to think of them when the blessing of the fish was bestowed on the fishermen...this is worship...

paul, stopping to help the believers mend tents, or fix things, or collecting money to buy food for the widows...that is worship...worship is about action, not about standing in one place making hand signals and dancing...

"witnessing" is more effective by holding your tongue and exhibiting positive action than it is by saying anything...we are not to win converts, but be truth, be compassionate, to be examples, friends...and hopefully our actions will help another soul to grow...

it is selfish to keep score...the creator doesn't do that, but the enemy does, so where do these selfish ideas and false doctrines come from? the enemy...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm going to ask you to repeat that one more time, JHill, just to make sure we understand you right.

Did you say that we can conclude, from all that is written in the Bible, that Jesus is the only way to God?

As far as discrediting you for asking, the only reason that happened was because you were discrediting the Holy Spirit and ALL that was written in the Bible that didn't come directly from Jesus.

Now you are twisting my words. From the answers given here, the ones who have provided their reasoning, can be concluded that Jesus did not state you must confess me as Savior to obtain access to heaven. We (as in the people who have stated this), can draw this conclusion from what the bible says and the others, not what Jesus said specifically.

I never discredited the Holy Spirit, you assumed this, just because I asked you to provide Jesus words not others.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I never discredited the Holy Spirit, you assumed this, just because I asked you to provide Jesus words not others.

Sure you did, when you discredited Paul.

Did Peter back up Paul according to the Bible?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

I didn't discredit Paul, I said those was his words, and I was only asking for Jesus's words. If my question is asking for scripture of Jesus, why would you use other scriptures that is not his words?

Again, you equated: Asking for only Jesus's words = Discrediting everyone else in the bible. You coined my intent on me, but you can not speak for me.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

JHill76, do you believe what Paul taught in the Bible?

Did Peter back up Paul's statements in the Bible?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

i believe that an attempt was made to force cross reference in the gospels,and the bulk of the new testament... because that is the focus of the religion of Christianity...note that religion means bondage... which is what the religion was instituted for in the first place was to hold us all hostage and bind us as slaves to a lie...

discrediting the selfishness of man is not the same as discrediting the holy spirit...claiming that one has been divinely inspired, when it is obvious they are blatantly blaspheming the spirit, and telling lies in the name of the creator and the spirit (which are one in the same) is the work of the enemy...to turn a blind eye to that is foolish...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

JHill76, do you believe what Paul taught in the Bible?

Did Peter back up Paul's statements in the Bible?

I don't see how this has anything to do with my question.

But, be more specific. Are you asking: Do I believe everything that Paul has written, or do I believe he was led by the Spirit in what he wrote?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

discrediting the selfishness of man is not the same as discrediting the holy spirit...

I don't see how this conclusion was drawn by Deetermined. Now, if I said something about the Holy Spirit then you can say this, but I didn't.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Until you find another who can change water into wine, heal the sick, let the blind see, walk on water, feed over 5000 plus with few loaves of bread and couple of fish, raised one who's dead for four days but most importantly only asked in return to be good and love God and Neighbor, it's safe to say: Jesus is "The Man-God"! I wouldn't want to go thru anyone else to get to God !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join