It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'll expand a little bit further by saying that until such time that we are united with God, we have access to the Holy Spirit (that is the Spirit of God inside us for now) in order to keep us connected to God until the time that we are physically joined together with him in his kingdom. At least, according to the Bible.

You believe you are not with God, you believe you have to be united with God, you think yourself separate from God. It is only the thinking that makes you believe something that isn't true. Investigate thinking and see if it can be trusted.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Im on my way out to a funeral this morning so this will be short.... For now. :-)

I attended a church of christ school growing up, went to many churchs, father was a methodist minister, yet I was told to find my own way.

My father taught me a lot about the books that were not added to the Bible as he thought in order to understand some you must first understand where the story line came from and how some of the stories have been added to and taken away. It just has... I didnt make it happen.

I would have loved to seen all the books within Alexandria, but unfortunately they were burned.

From the get Constantine tried to control the masses, in my opinion.

For me, the Bible is a great tool with lots of good information to live by, especially the words of Jesus.

We get the jist of what the Bible is portraying but for me its not something Im going to follow literally. Im just not into the cult thing.

Jesus did not create a religion. He was against it...

For the seeker to not educate them self on the book then understanding it is vague because there are words and stories missing.

I for ome want the entire truth. I want to know everything I can about Jesus and his true history. I dont want someone telling me what they think, I want to form my own opinion.

Many today follow a religion without educating them self about it in its entirety.

We are all loved by God, so please do not be fooled into thinking your way is the only way.

God loves us all and he is good all the time. He knows our trials and tribulations in this world. He knows we love him regardless of the cult we belong to or dont belong to.

He wants us to love one another for our differences.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by jhill76

Could Jesus have meant

I'ma tell you what Jesus meant when he said that...it means I am God manifested so salvation cannot go through without going through with me first. Jesus is God if you believe in the bible, they just don't tell you that because people actually think he is the son of god...he was god in human form....if you believe in such things that is.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

Jesus and God are separate. This has been debated many times on this board.

It is a mystery and will remain as such until we pass to the other side, or are given divine revelation and understanding. Without that, the human mind is incapable of truly comprehending the nature of Almighty God.

And even for those who have been given this divine revelation and understanding, they are incapable of articulating God's nature to anyone else because His nature is inexpressable in any human words or terms.

There are a handful of instances recorded in the Bible which support this based on the person who was given the grace to experience God's true nature, as simply stating that they were witness to things that were "unutterable" or something to that effect. And even when they tried to communicate their experience, the only imagery that can be used that our mind is capable of comprehending still seems like a conglomeration of something unimaginable.

Until then, I acknowledge the following:

Jesus said that "I and the Father are One"

Jesus said that "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father"

In Isaiah 43 God said He Himself was our Savior and besides Him there is no other.

In Isaiah 44 God said He made all things in the heavens and the earth alone and by Himself; in Col 1 & John 1 we are told that by Jesus all things in heaven and earth were created.

In Isaiah 41 God said He was the first and the last; in Revelation 1 Jesus says that He is the first and the last.

In Psalm 103 God says He forgives all iniquities; In Mark 2 Jesus forgave someone's sin.

In Isaiah 9 we are told that the Messiah will be called The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father; In John 4 Jesus proclaims that He is the Messiah.

In Isaiah 42 God states that He will give His Glory to no other; In John 17 Jesus is glorified by God.

In Psalm 94 we are told that judgment belongs to God; In John 5 Jesus says that all judgment belongs to Him.

In Acts 20 we are told that the Church of God was bought with His own blood.

In Hebrews 1 we are told that God spoke to us through His son, Who is the express image of His person.

In Col 2 we are told that in Jesus was the bodily fullness of the Godhead.

In Isaiah 7 we are told that the Messiah would be called Immanuel, which means God Is With Us.

So, when you say Jesus and God are separate, I will assume that you mean in persona and not divinity, lest you make a further spectacle of your heresy, such as your previous post about the individuals who were entrusted to pen God's revelation of Himself to mankind.

A composition I believe He is fully capable of managing the integrity of throughout the ages.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You can never know the 'true story' of Jesus because it is a story. But the 'I am' is not a story and it is what Jesus was pointing to.
I am is the way, the truth and the life.
'I am' is the only true thing you can know for sure so investigate that.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Deetermined

I am is the way, the truth and the life. I am is presence. Any other God is past or future and worshipping future or past is not the way, the truth or the life. To look at future (i will be) or past (i was) is what causes human suffering. Stay with the 'I am' and you will be set free of the prison of mind made imaginings. The false self (some call ego) vanishes when staying in the 'I am' (present awareness).

No, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life". The Bible doesn't say "I am IS the way, the truth and the life". If you want to post links for some kind of source stating that "I am IS the way" fine, but don't take the Bible out of context because it's not in the Bible.

You can believe whatever you want, but when you get a little bit older and draw a little more wisdom, I think you'll realize that "I am" is the prison of the mind. As long as you're thinking that self comes first or that you are "I am", you never dropped your ego, you just boosted it.

To say that human suffering is caused by looking at the past or the future only tells me that you don't have much human life experience behind you. Only thinking about the present will get you nowhere. You have to look at the past, recognize the mistakes that were made before you can make a better future. Unfortunately, this is exactly why God has allowed history to repeat itself because we keep making the wrong choices over and over again. He keeps putting us in the same positions to get us to correct the past, but we're not learning from our mistakes in order to move forward.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The past and future only matter to the ego, past and future are needed for the false self to continue. Humans are obsessed with their survival and use religion to try to ensure their survival past death - this is ego.
One must die to the false self of wanting to survive and realize that God is doing it all and there is no me.
There is only God.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

So... You're wrong. In everything you wrote, no exceptions.
What you're basically doing is belittling God the Creator, that somehow he is so occupied with our race. The mere suggestion that we are created to HIS (why not HERS? Why we always refer to God as a men? Answer was above) likeness is the BIGGEST BLASPHEMY of them all.
One perhaps you will understand true concept of God. Or at least shadow of it, because in full its so far beyond our comprehension.
edit on 21-7-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

If you don't believe in the Bible, then on what grounds do you make these judgments?

If the Bible is not true, then the entire notion of blasphemy is not even existent to you.
Thus accusing someone of such, is utterly counterintuitive.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

'I was' and 'I will be' are the prison of the mind. 'I am' is the key that unlocks that prison. This is why 'I am' is so important. 'I am' with nothing added, just 'I am'. Not 'I am something' but just pure 'I am'.
It is presence awareness prior to conceptulization.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The past and future only matter to the ego, past and future are needed for the false self to continue.

Nope. Just the opposite. The ego always resides in the present without taking anything else into consideration. You haven't even gotten past your ego enough to realize this.

Humans are obsessed with their survival and use religion to try to ensure their survival past death - this is ego.

Nope. There's too much spiritual and physical evidence to suggest otherwise. By the way, survival was an instinct given to us by God in the first place.

One must die to the false self of wanting to survive and realize that God is doing it all and there is no me.
There is only God.

One must die to their own self notions and look for God's notions.

Survival was a God given instinct.

If God is doing it all without your "free will" (self) input, then you're saying that God is the one responsible for putting this world in the crapper. Nope again. If this were true, you're saying that God is destroying himself/itself and that just took away the entire idea of what God is in the first place.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

"If God is doing it all without your "free will" (self) input, then you're saying that God is the one responsible for putting this world in the crapper. Nope again. If this were true, you're saying that God is destroying himself/itself and that just took away the entire idea of what God is in the first place."

By this i assume that you are not happy with existence.
Santuary, peace and contentment will not be found 'out there' in worldly things.
Return to source.

Only the returning to source will end the suffering and Jesus spoke of this. Jesus overcame the world by realizing that 'the world' is no more that a thought, an idea made of imaginings. Only this present moment is real. This moment and you cannot be separated ever, no matter how much you think.
This moment and you are one. And thinking happens.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: Added second paragraph. Star not for second paragraph, just the first.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You can believe whatever you want, but when you get a little bit older and draw a little more wisdom, I think you'll realize that "I am" is the prison of the mind. As long as you're thinking that self comes first or that you are "I am", you never dropped your ego, you just boosted it.

To say that human suffering is caused by looking at the past or the future only tells me that you don't have much human life experience behind you. Only thinking about the present will get you nowhere. You have to look at the past, recognize the mistakes that were made before you can make a better future.

This is an arrogant position!

You know nothing about Buddhist-based "enlightenment" do you?

"human suffering is caused by looking at the past or the future" is the truth.

It's all perception, and all we really, really have is NOW, this instant, in which I AM. All suffering passes, as does joy. It is in recognizing our eternal Higher Self as it exists in the very moment, perfectly where it is meant to be, and connected to everything else that is from the Source, that frees one from suffering needlessly. Grief will come, and pass through. Staying grounded in the Spirit Within, the "I AM" is what enlightenment is all about -- and realizing we are all connected.

"Perhaps when you get a little older with more life experience?" Please. I don't know about Itsnowagain, but I am 53, with LOADS of life experience, and what he's saying rings true to me. And don't forget, Jesus was a mystic as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

By this i assume that you are not happy with existence.
Santuary, peace and contentment will not be found 'out there' in worldly things.
Return to source.

I'm happy with my own existence, but no, I'm not happy with what I'm witnessing around me.

Everyone's free will plays a part in the world around us.

And no, everyone's free will isn't going to concede to yours. We are all made separate for a reason.

You're exercising your own free will by believing the things you do, but that doesn't make it truth.

No, if we were all one, we would all be thinking alike and pressing toward a better tomorrow, but you're never going to see that happen. As long as we're on this earth, there will always be opposite and there will never be one.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Pressing toward a better tomorrow is the problem. No one ever sees now. Missing what is present is what makes you feel separate. Looking at something that does not exist is why life hurts.
Only now is but no one sees it. Shame.
That is why the world looks so sad.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No, if we were all one, we would all be thinking alike and pressing toward a better tomorrow, but you're never going to see that happen.

That is precisely what MUST happen to end the ugliness of this world, and it's the people who refute it and say "never gonna happen" that are holding us back from creating the Kingdom on Earth as it is in Heaven.

If we DO JUST THAT, think about pressing toward a better tomorrow, ALL OF US, as a UNIT, it will happen. There are still too many resistant to the ideas that quantum physics as presented. We, as a unit, must consciously THINK IT into reality.

That's what Jesus was talking about, and no amount of scripture citing will change it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Make now beautiful and forget tomorrow.
Look after the nows and all will be well.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

"Perhaps when you get a little older with more life experience?" Please. I don't know about Itsnowagain, but I am 53, with LOADS of life experience, and what he's saying rings true to me. And don't forget, Jesus was a mystic as well.

What can I say?

Not everyone was meant to follow Jesus and accept God's wisdom over their own wisdom.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That's what Jesus was talking about, and no amount of scripture citing will change it.

Well, if you know what Jesus was talking about, then you would already know how he says it will end and why.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The world will look ugly until you realize it as infinetly diverse. There is everything here to see. Isn't it amazing. Yet the human mind measures and criticizes all that is seen.
The seeing is pure.
'The truth is hidden in plain sight'.

Seeing can only happen now - in 'I am' mode.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Make now beautiful and forget tomorrow.
Look after the nows and all will be well.

I understand what you are saying. I get it, about staying grounded, and I agree. Nevertheless, I have 2 adult children just starting out in this hideous world, and I do intend to do my part to improve the world, and to help it be what it COULD be, for them. They are part of me.

Thinking positively, all the time, in this instant, willing it so....and everyone doing it, in this instant, and in every instant that arrives....you and I both know that those moments of pure connection, those "enlightenment" glimpses are fleeting and transitory. In between those, we are here to act, to teach, to connect, and to see the things that are wrong and work actively toward changing it.

That, in my view, is faith and works. We are all one, and as such we are very, very conflicted. We are part of an organism that is much bigger than any of us can even fathom...and it is diseased. It is negativity and "never gonna" and "I'm just going to pray about it and for it" that keeps the disease nourished. Likewise, making your personal today here and now beautiful is fine, but to contribute to the health of the One, we must also spread that word. It isn't enough just to sit in my backyard and meditate and realize "I am."

We're here to implement the "I am", awaken it in everyone, to cure the disease by dwelling among it and eradicating the inaction of some and the never going to happen of others. That's escapist and fatalist, and I'm not going to wait around for some cloud to open up and take me "home." We are home, and we need to get our physical home in order, and to nurture the spiritual home that is the Source that connects us all.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The world will look ugly until you realize it as infinetly diverse. There is everything here to see. Isn't it amazing. Yet the human mind measures and criticizes all that is seen.
The seeing is pure.
'The truth is hidden in plain sight'.

Seeing can only happen now - in 'I am' mode.

As long as the world is infinitely diverse, it will never become one.

Yes, your human mind is only capable of measuring what is seen. It's your spirit that allows you to see what is unseen.

The truth is hidden in the spirit, not the mind or it's senses.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join