It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw Prometheus, Indoctrination?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Spoiler Alert 2:

My son and I saw the film last night...and we found it very captivating ...and entertaining.
Actually, I found a strong religious message about maintaining one's faith in the face of disappointment.

The fact that the progenetors didn't actually manage to achieve their original plan of eradicating mankind 2000 years ago...shows Divine intervention on a much grander scale.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

"a mistake or experiment gone wrong" a very profound statement weather you belive it or not.

I try to look at life and many things with common sense and reason, it is hard sometimes with the emotion factor getting in the way but I try none the less.

We as a species are a mistake in our own right no matter what you belive, all you have to do is look at our history as a species and throw in the god syndrome (belive in me or I will release Revelations on you) then the fact we can not find a way to stop killing each other, the idea of being a mistake or a bad experimant is easy to comprehend, ...........if you have the wear with all to be honest and realistic to your self.

The fact that we can make movies where all is bad but comes good in the end is just us(as a species) knowing what we are and one of the ways we have to deal with it is write books and make movies about how we really should be......................but can't.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That part of the Bible the Old Testament, I believe it was Jacob who led the Hebrews into the promise land (as Moses was left behind for displaying lack of faith). The group you are reffering to for total anialation were the Moabites. The reason was their "unclean acts of whorship" that were an offense to the Hebrew G-D. Jacob was told to consider every inhabitant and living thing "unclean" impling either or spiritual and or physical infection and so needed to be completely distroyed. The Moabite men were killed (most of them, some men kept as slaves). Many of the women were taken as servants and cocubines. The Hebrew G-d didnt take that well, and I believe caused an eathquake to swallow up all the remaing Moabites and the Hebrews that took Moabites as servants. That mistake was never repeated, and today we understand how a race practicing unclean acts cant carry diseases. Simple case would be HIV, as beastiality was a common practice in ancient times, there would be diseases like Syhillis (from Sheep), Gonnahrea from Dogs, HIV from Chimps. Not to mention dietary issues of worms and Trichanosis. So there are plenty of reason for the "All Knowing" Hebrew G-d to have concerns for his "chosen race".

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I believe it wasn't indoctrination..but an examination of how good and evil in flux are involved in the creation ..

The opening scene appears to show a "god" drinking the mutagen, then dying and then disintegrating, and as he does so, he seeded the planet with mutating DNA ...which I guess they were afraid of, because like the alien that kills the god later , they realised they were creating their own demise....the place was as stated in the movie an "INSTALATION"

So mabe a mad military faction like the ones that created GMO, or nuclear power here on earth, started something that if not stopped was going to end life as the gods knew it, so the gods chose to kill off the results "over there before we have to fight them over here."
( like the uS creation of Al CIA duh for instance )

it is a warning about trying to aspire to be gods...the hubris is deadly

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

That mistake was never repeated, and today we understand how a race practicing unclean acts cant carry diseases. Simple case would be HIV, as beastiality was a common practice in ancient times, there would be diseases like Syhillis (from Sheep), Gonnahrea from Dogs, HIV from Chimps. Not to mention dietary issues of worms and Trichanosis

the mistake was just repeated
Odamna has made beastiality in the baraks leagle
spidergoats anyone?
edit on 10-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Spoiler Alert 2:

My son and I saw the film last night...and we found it very captivating ...and entertaining.
Actually, I found a strong religious message about maintaining one's faith in the face of disappointment.

The fact that the progenetors didn't actually manage to achieve their original plan of eradicating mankind 2000 years ago...shows Divine intervention on a much grander scale.

who foiled the plan in the movie?
not a god.... the god died
a human with some luck...remember how the one woman dies at the end and the other woman doesn't?
luck

this is why the aliens were scared of the humans and had to kill them

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
OP
I hope you don't mind the multiple posts..I find more to the franchise then most I guess
The alien movies are metaphores
Aliens are just the "literary nemesis "
the women win because that is a metaphore for true creativity
to quote whats his name in Jurassic park where man imitated god in a way - "life will find a way"

the probabilities and agenda wreck the pridfull attempts to do "god like thinks"
only a true god who can controll probabilities can or should be a god that creates the universe...
the imitators should accept that they are NOT gods and stay home on the couch...PLEASE

That Hubris is the greatest sin is a common theme of greek and roman tragedy...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I know this has been posted on ATS before and some of you may have seen it, but then again some of you may not have. I thought it tied in very nicely with the OP's theory.

L.A. Marzulli - Aliens and the Great Deception interview on Coast to Coast AM:

edit on 10-6-2012 by JediOfTruth because: trying to figure out how to embed vids

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Spoiler Alert 2:

who foiled the plan in the movie?
not a god.... the god died
a human with some luck...remember how the one woman dies at the end and the other woman doesn't?
luck

this is why the aliens were scared of the humans and had to kill them

Spoiler...cont.:
I was referring to the beginning of the film, where the archeologists show how the 'progenetors' were worshiped as gods...and then (cut) to the planet where the crew dates the crashed ship to 2000 years ago.

If you remember, the 'progenetors' were in the process (2000 years ago) of destroying humans on earth, when they were stopped it their tracks by some industrial accident at their facility. It was obvious that these were jealous (old testament-type) false gods, who saw humans were choosing new religions and a greater God (remember her crucifix), became jealous...and set about to destroy all humans on earth.

I choose to see the movie as showing Divine intervention saved mankind on earth 2000 years ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

ahh

I still think the false gods were just plain asceered of us
look what we did to creation in such a short time
we kill everything that moves in the name of dillusional false gods
( thats what was going on at the 2000 year old mark...same as today )

Also note the oldest date given for man's worship of "them"...the oldest cave was like twenty or thirty thousand years old...
these other pretend cods are only a couple thousand years old.....they appeared only after the other gods had left....cargo cult imitators...like we see all the time in the pacific after ww2

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't think TPTB are trying to tell us anything through movies or TV, it goes against their plan of keeping us in the dark. I think it's just a film director going off or a theory and making an entertaining movie out of it, nothing more nothing less.
edit on 10-6-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

(SPOILER Cont.)
- Quote -
"Also note the oldest date given for man's worship of "them"...the oldest cave was like twenty or thirty thousand years old...
these other pretend cods are only a couple thousand years old.....they appeared only after the other gods had left....cargo cult imitators...like we see all the time in the pacific after ww2 "
- End Quote -

I see your point, but I believe the opening scene was on early earth, where the progenetors/engineers seeded human DNA onto the planet.

The early archeological artifacts showed they ruled over man on earth for tens of thousands of years...before... and up to the point...man chose a greater God over them.

They were afraid of the crew...and, upon coming out of hibernation...immediately tried to kill the crew of humans because they realized that earth humans had become 'advanced' like them. THEY were motivated by ego and jealousy.

The end was great, as a human (that used to worship them...but avoided their wrath and advanced)...was NOW going to deliver their own wrath (in the form of biological weapons they created)...BACK to them on their own homeworld.

To me, this part of the storyline means that WE (the next stage of humanity have, through Divine intervention) become the true God's messengers.
edit on 10-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I as thinking the opening scene was on the planet the instalation was on.
this created the mutated river lifeform that was the deadly mutateing alien that the gods decided they had to wipe out...it caught them by suprise originally as was whitnessed by the carnage in the instalation

Recall the drink part...the android got that from reading the story on the walls of the instalation
and then tried to do that to the male doctor....a repeat of the ( possibly mad) god in opening scene and his drink.

I think the gods realized they had created their own demise through competition and the natural urge for an intelligent life form to try to imitate god...
which we are doing now with GMO

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762

Originally posted by Phage
Indoctrination?
How about...entertainment picking up on popular trends.
edit on 6/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

How about concepts picking media content?

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Did media start pumping the airwaves with this stuff and we got excited over it, or did our interest in the subject matter drive the variety of subject media?

I ate the chicken and then I ate his egg.

I think if you take this question to the Nth degree it would be the egg. If you think of the singularity that banged into our universe as an egg. Of course someone can always then ask where did the singularity come from?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

(
SPOILER...cont.)

Hmmm...that's a good point, about it being on the planet with the installation, but I have to question WHY, if his (mad progenetor) attempt was to create a leak to destroy the installation on the planet,... did he not do so INSIDE the facility?

Also, water was not plentiful on the facility planet, as it was on earth.

As to the android attempting to recreate the effect on the scientist: the end results were not the same. The progenetor dissolved into DNA almost immediately, while the scientist went through an entirely different transformation. They both had identical DNA (human and progenetor), so their results would've been the same.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
the engieners made humans , humans made androids

androids made the engieners hence the first victim was david

thats how i understood it ,

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
From wikipedia:

"Prometheus (Greek: Προμηθεύς) is a Titan, culture hero, and trickster figure who in Greek mythology is credited with the creation of man from clay and the theft of fire for human use, an act that enabled progress and civilization. He is known for his intelligence, and as a champion of mankind."

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
the engieners made humans , humans made androids

androids made the engieners hence the first victim was david

thats how i understood it ,

How did the androids make the engineers? I didn't see that part in the film.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sorry. double post.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by NoRemorse762

Thanks for the spoiler alert.

Much apreciated, I'll be back here after I watch it.

He didnt spoil too much, and wtf is with all the previews about aliens? Did you catch that too?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join