It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw Prometheus, Indoctrination?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

It really pisses ya off!

I think...just maybe...it's supposed to do that.
All the better for them to suffer a horrible death.

edit on 6/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Moral of the story: Your God Creator isn't what you think it is.

Someone who wants to be worshiped is usually ruthless, aggressive, will treat you like you are inferior, and doesn't have your best interests at heart.

I thought it was a good Action Movie. It definitely didn't have the Horror and Intensity of the original Alien. I never got why the Big Guys (Xeno-humans?) wanted to destroy the Humans or why they were going to go to Earth, tho. That made no sense.

I don't see it as Indoctrination so much as Ridley Scott watched Ancient Aliens and made a movie out of it. Did anyone catch the Nasca lines that were in front of the structure? The Giant Polynesian Head? The DNA Manipulation? The Archon-looking XenoHuman?
edit on 9-6-2012 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It really pisses ya off!

I think...just maybe...it's supposed to do that.
All the better for them to suffer a horrible death.

Very true. But the audience still longs for that sweet moment of regret, even if it is right before they "suffer their horrible death."

BTW...still getting used to your new avatar pic

edit on 9-6-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Nah.
Then you'd feel sorry for 'em. They have to be pure evil.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Nah.
Then you'd feel sorry for 'em. They have to be pure evil.

Fair enough. Just like the end of Alien 4 when the hybrid alien's entrails are getting sucked out of the window. For a moment, just for a moment....lol

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Cater felt remorse in Aliens.... Right after he ditched Ripley and the gang when the Aliens got inside the wall. He felt that remorse for a split second just before the Alien Face Fuc**d him.

I forgot about the lines and the big head. They left to many questions. The other movies left questions but they were questions you really had to think about. Prom. left questions that hit you over the head. There has to be a sequel. Everyone except Shaw is dead, well David is half dead. Less actors contracts and schedules to deal with. If it makes a financial return there will be another sequel to milk until every franchise fan is utterly disgusted.

Speaking of David. Why do the androids always get jacked in every episode, Bishop, Ash, and David. Well except Aliens 3. He just needed a face lift. David was an awesome android too. He had a very spooky peaceful feel to him. "Would you like some tea mum?" I guess the humans always die as well, except of course for the leading lady.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

I really did enjoy the movie. I think you're right when you said it could have been longer in length, perhaps exploring more of the details of everything. And I never thought about the androids getting jacked in every film! lol. I really did like the character of Bishop!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Moon (great sci-fi flick from last ten years)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Moon (great sci-fi flick from last ten years)

Great flic! Loved it.
I thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well the good thing about an opinion is that we all have one, and in mine Prometheus was a terrible film (I go into further detail on my review of it www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

The only indoctrination I could see them pulling off was teaching people how to create ridiculous plot holes and pursue lack of character development by placating them with special effects.

edit on 9-6-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This guy has an interesting take on the subject line of the movie:

cavalorn.livejournal.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I just saw it myself, as usual, the aliens are always smarter than us, but not better looking...I thought it was a decent guy-flick...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CAT Master

That would have made for a more interesting film, but they decided to "dumb it down" up for the masses?

*** spoiler alert *** (scroll down)

For all we know from this movie is that the Space Jockeys / Engineers were just aggressive brutes with a lot of high tech (yet have to start their space craft with a flute?!?!) who want to exterminate the creation that the rogue Engineer created on Earth against their bidding ala Prometheus.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I just literally got back after seeing Prometheus and I must say it is incredibly S-L-O-W, nothing like what the trailer makes it out to be.

-SPOILERS-
Also, do you remember from the original Aliens movie when they go into the planet and find the skeleton sitting in the giant cannon thing>?

Well in Prometheus when he sits in it, but when the ship crashes he attacks Elizabeth in the smaller ship? But gets killed by the tentacles, so then how did he haul his dead body back to the alien ship and plant himself back in the seat???!!!

Plothole much?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Be aware however it is S-L-O-W, there is almost no gore and no scary bits. But it was a good movie that leaves you asking many questions.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by 8fl0z

But it was a good movie that leaves you asking many questions.

Yeah questions like where/who are the crew of 17 listed on the Prometheus?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Thanks for the spoiler alert.

Much apreciated, I'll be back here after I watch it.

Yeah, wtf...a spoiler alert would have been nice...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
Well in Prometheus when he sits in it, but when the ship crashes he attacks Elizabeth in the smaller ship? But gets killed by the tentacles, so then how did he haul his dead body back to the alien ship and plant himself back in the seat???!!!

Plothole much?

It's not the same ship. Prometheus isn't a direct prequel.
edit on 10-6-2012 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

I thought it was a good Action Movie. It definitely didn't have the Horror and Intensity of the original Alien. I never got why the Big Guys (Xeno-humans?) wanted to destroy the Humans or why they were going to go to Earth, tho. That made no sense.

Just got home from seeing it. Here is my take on it.

So the Engineers and humans share the same DNA, right? And the encampment that they found on the moon was a lab for developing a, as the pilot called it, "weapon of mass destruction" that got out of control.

What came first? The human, or the weapon? My guess would be the human.

So why? My guess is that the Engineer's have a foe. An enemy that needs to be fought, and the only way to fight it is with their genetically created weapon that can only be carried within a being with human DNA. Humans were created for the sole purpose of carrying their new weapon.

The sequel to Prometheus, which I believe there HAS to be, will probably feature a new type of alien. The Engineer's enemy.

And did anyone else notice that the controls that the Engineer sat in when he piloted the ship looked similar to the sarcophagus lid of King Pakul? I thought that was pretty interesting.

I really liked the movie.
edit on 10-6-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

reply to post by CryHavoc

_spoiler_

I took it to mean they where colonizing planets that way, spreading their dna.

I also took it to mean that your creation will destroy you.

You see it with the Humans and the Cyborg

"Doesn't every child want to see his father dead"

The aliens that started Colonies must of seen this and set about correcting it...

Say before the humans do something like bring their own plague ship back to the planet.
edit on 10-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join