It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw Prometheus, Indoctrination?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

If you are right, you are only partially right.

I suspect you know what I mean by that too.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CryHavoc
Moral of the story: Your God Creator isn't what you think it is.

Someone who wants to be worshiped is usually ruthless, aggressive, will treat you like you are inferior, and doesn't have your best interests at heart.

I thought it was a good Action Movie. It definitely didn't have the Horror and Intensity of the original Alien. I never got why the Big Guys (Xeno-humans?) wanted to destroy the Humans or why they were going to go to Earth, tho. That made no sense.

I don't see it as Indoctrination so much as Ridley Scott watched Ancient Aliens and made a movie out of it. Did anyone catch the Nasca lines that were in front of the structure? The Giant Polynesian Head? The DNA Manipulation? The Archon-looking XenoHuman?
edit on 9-6-2012 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

Maybe they just based the story on THE BIBLE, you know that story of Noah, where he almost entirely wipes out the HUMAN RACE, the CROWN OF HIS CREATION (LOL). The reality is that the Creator God of the Bible, does not appear to be a "good" or "compassionate" entity at all. I'm trying to remember the part where he orders his followers to entirely exterminate all the inhabitants of a city, just because he is jealous that they worship another god. His followers are ordered to murder every man, woman and child and even all there livestock. The god "Yahweh" in the bible, bears a very strong resemblance to Rev. Jim Jones who ordered his followers to commit mass suicide.

I still can't figure out how ANY Christian feels in any way to be self righteous when they are followers of such a mass murderer.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I watched the movie and enjoyed it. What I got from it was that regardless of aliens and creators or engineers. In the end it is still up to us to save ourselves from destruction.

What interests me, as far as the movie plot, was the way they tied in the pieces from the original alien movie. I think it will be interesting to see if they develop the story line further and include the Alien vs Predator theme.

Perhaps the engineers were developing the alien to combat the race of Predators. I would like to see Prometheus 2 develop along those lines. Again going in a backwards timeline. Prometheus 2 could be another prequel and show why the engineers decided to wipe out humanity or maybe the robot was wrong again in his translations and the engineers were trying to combat the race of Predators.

I will have to admit I watched it streaming online in a bootleg version. The quality was poor but it was free and I actually saw it before it's debut in the USA. That being said I thought it was well done. Not sure if I would feel the same if I had paid full price in the theaters.

I didn't like the old mans character. I also didn't like that they killed off the heroine's boyfriend so quick. I also didn't totally get why the old man had the robot infect the boyfriend with the alien. That part was a little too predictable and the old mans character reminded me of the Isle of Doctor Moreau

I didn't like the Avengers movie. The new Men in Black was good. The Huntsmen was pretty good too.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

What I got from Prometheus was the idea that we have an alien race as our creator, and this alien race is no longer interested in supporting us.

One line stuck out to me: "Everyone wants their father dead."

That must mean that it is time for the human race to stand up for itself and move out of its parents' basement.

According to the movie.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

This movie is nothing more than more propaganda setting everyone up for the false flag alien event... don't fall for it when it happens...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Indoctrination? What?

Tell me one thing of value that you were taught by the movie.

I say it is just a product. It may make you think, but it isn't going to tell you anything of value.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think I might have hit upon something. In one of my previous posts in this thread I said that the Xeno-Human Engineers were Archon-looking. The reason I said that is I seem to remember seeing a drawing or painting showing what was called an Archon. It was very tall, pale, bald with wings. The Engineer in the movie looked very similar but without the wings.

I couldn't remember where I saw it so I went searching a little while ago. I looked up Archon on Wikipedia.

In late antiquity, the term Archon was used in Gnosticism to refer to several servants of the Demiurge, the "creator god" that stood between the human race and a transcendent God that could only be reached through gnosis.

Isn't that very similar to how it was described in the movie? I think it was Shaw that said:

God created the Engineers, but the Engineers created us.

So are the Engineers the Archons of Gnosticism? It would fit with the whole Ancient Aliens theme that seemed to run through the movie.

Still can't find that damn picture.
edit on 10-6-2012 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I thought the movie was for people with no idea about aliens to be honest. Anybody that has digested most of the current theories, would be looking for something deeper. The masses are not ready for that deeper version, that's why we got this movie. Its a simple provoker! read a bit of Anton Parks if you really want to nibble on something. Then take dimensions in to account and you can really start to dig in to an eternity of cosmic life. It up to each individual to investigate.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Every time there is a new science fiction movie some makes a post saying 'are they trying to tell us something?'

If it had happened in the past were a government had actually tried to tell the population something secret through a film i could understand but as far as i know its never happened.
I had seen some thing once on russia using movies of actual events .. no change of names , place , ect. , to weed out moles and to sway peoples opinion on certain things and i found this , blogs.ischool.berkeley.edu... ring-wwii/ as i had seen similar stuff on the U.S doing the same thing . when i find more credible evidence on both i will post again . IF they used movies in these manners then we could assume they would use them to inform on alien events and natural disasters .

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

What I got from Prometheus was the idea that we have an alien race as our creator, and this alien race is no longer interested in supporting us.

One line stuck out to me: "Everyone wants their father dead."

That must mean that it is time for the human race to stand up for itself and move out of its parents' basement.

According to the movie.
i agree with you . well sort of . i think they are letting us know ( THE GOVERNMENT ) that their is more than one reason why aliens have interacted or intervened with / in our lives and are preparing us for more than one possibility using more than one movie .

maby some thing like this www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

you have to watch the first show of the Lone Gunmen by chris carter... appeared around June, 2001, download from pirate bay...
Spoiler alert. secret gov agency installs autopilot on 737 and tries to fly it into WTC.

explain that.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
Well in Prometheus when he sits in it, but when the ship crashes he attacks Elizabeth in the smaller ship? But gets killed by the tentacles, so then how did he haul his dead body back to the alien ship and plant himself back in the seat???!!!

Plothole much?

It's not the same ship. Prometheus isn't a direct prequel.

Acctually it is, and you the skeleton of the "man" sitting in the gun turret thingy in the original aliens movie, then in Prometheus you see the "man" get into it but dies somewhere else?
So how did his body get back into the gun turret?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar57
reply to post by PhoenixOD

you have to watch the first show of the Lone Gunmen by chris carter... appeared around June, 2001, download from pirate bay...
Spoiler alert. secret gov agency installs autopilot on 737 and tries to fly it into WTC.

explain that.

Lone Gunmen Producer Questions Government on 9/11

"Wonders why TV writers could accurately predict the attack while the government couldn't..."

"Of course, many serious people have questioned just how the writing team was able to dream up a plot of a government staging an event to launch wars in the Middle East which actually happened six months later only for the government to use it as an excuse to launch wars in the Middle East."

LINK

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

No. It isn't.

The original script was a direct Alien prequel. Then Ridley brought Lindelof in for the re-writes to turn it in to something else (the point it all went wrong).

They are explicit that the planet in Prometheus is not the same one the Nostromo lands on.

I found the movie muddled, confusing and unsatisfying.

It could have been saved if there was a little 'subtitled' dialogue between David and the engineer. Having the superintelligent engineer act like the hulk was a massive cop out.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I just literally got back after seeing Prometheus and I must say it is incredibly S-L-O-W, nothing like what the trailer makes it out to be.

-SPOILERS-
Also, do you remember from the original Aliens movie when they go into the planet and find the skeleton sitting in the giant cannon thing>?

Well in Prometheus when he sits in it, but when the ship crashes he attacks Elizabeth in the smaller ship? But gets killed by the tentacles, so then how did he haul his dead body back to the alien ship and plant himself back in the seat???!!!

Plothole much?

It's a different ship on a different planet. The planet in Alien/Aliens is LV-426. In this movie they are on LV-223. Probably close by, but these are two different ships and different space jockeys. Clearly the events are related, somehow, but we're not seeing all that happened.
edit on 6/10/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

TRAILERS

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Plothole much?

It's not the same ship. Prometheus isn't a direct prequel.

Acctually it is, and you the skeleton of the "man" sitting in the gun turret thingy in the original aliens movie, then in Prometheus you see the "man" get into it but dies somewhere else?
So how did his body get back into the gun turret?

A lot of people, including myself, had this question. I'm sure the writers have no way to explain it. My explanation is simple...for most victims of the face-suckers they have a lucid period after implantation, prior to expulsion by the xeno. We've seen it several times, in the first movie during lunch or dinner, and I think in Alien 3. So maybe after implantation, the engineer got back up, sat in the seat but then later died after the xeno burst out of his chest.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I saw the movie last night. I wanted to see it, mostly because it had Charlese Theron, and the same people who made alien had a hand in the movie.

I was beyond disappointed. And I think they were trying to recreate an alien trilogy.

I also doubt they would try and seed and future true events with a warning like this. Why would they? They don't care about us.

It was just a movie. And not a very good one. Wait for it to come out on red box.

edit on 10-6-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
The new twist is that not only did they make us but that they are coming back to use a biological weapon to kill us as if we were a mistake or an experiment gone wrong.

they already did that with the Deluge and afterwards felt bad about it. they could have euthanized our species thousands of years ago for so many reasons but I think that is where love and compassion come into the story which Hollywood doesn't always like to do. Summer thrillers make more money than love stories simple as that. Doesn't mean I don't think there is some reality with the underlying premise.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I was actually disappointed in the Movie... It was as if I was watching an 'Alien' remake all over again.... FX was good but as for the overall Film ..... na.

I think this should have been made first (If he had the Idea) then would have made more sense IMO.

Anyway, as for whether we are being prepared for some sort of Invasion or contact.... i couldnt say but its highly possible with the amount of Alien Films which have come out over recent years!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join