It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw Prometheus, Indoctrination?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
**** Spoiler Alert**** If you haven't seen Prometheus and want to I am going to be giving away some key plot points here. Not the whole story but the underlying plot. It was a good movie and I recommend seeing it.

I have seen threads that broach this subject, but I might be putting it a little differently. We all know about the conspiracy of TPTB, the governments of the world, and film/TV studios. Whether it's TV (Taken, Falling Skies, V, The Event) or movies(too many to list), they are apparently letting us know that aliens may or may not be coming(depending on what side of the isle you stand on).

Lately the trend has been that not only are aliens coming, but they put us here and or have been here in the past. In Prometheus the aliens had seeded earth with their DNA to make us, not a uncommon theory. The new twist is that not only did they make us but that they are coming back to use a biological weapon to kill us as if we were a mistake or an experiment gone wrong.

This has me thinking about the state of affairs of the world. Are they watching us destroy ourselves and the planet just waiting to intervene? It also reminds me of that Guardian or DailyMail article about Nick Pope. In the article, I just read it here on ATS, it's about ET's coming to show themselves at the Olympic closing ceremonies when all human eyes are focused on one place.

Another plot point of Prometheus, and one of my personal favorites, is that God didn't make humans. Aliens made humans but God may have possibly made Aliens, indirectly making humans. Were TPTB trying to get across the point of not loosing faith if aliens do show up tomorrow? Are TPTB trying to get us to think of God in a galactic sense so an arrival would be less of a shock?

No revelations here, just interested in what everyone thinks.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

Thanks for the spoiler alert.

Much apreciated, I'll be back here after I watch it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well, you just scared the hell out of me my friend! I have been thinking along the same lines you described for the past couple years!

DAMN YOU!!!!

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Every time there is a new science fiction movie some makes a post saying 'are they trying to tell us something?'

If it had happened in the past were a government had actually tried to tell the population something secret through a film i could understand but as far as i know its never happened.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think 'soft' disclosure has been taking place for a while, through media, music, films and education, etc. People use the excuse of "it's 2012, it's gonna sell", however i am of the opinion that if it's not apart of agenda, it is some how built into our subconscious, or psyche, our atmospheric vibe, our sourcefield, whatever you want to call it, and we, the people, are latching onto that idea.

Personally my dreams have been accurately assessing old friends feelings, friends who i haven't seen in years, and i may dream about them being in distress and the very next day they call me out of the blue.

Way i see it, i feel something could quite possibly happening, but i won't know if it's justified until the next year or so passes and i can asses my dreams/spiritual experiences with the world around me.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Every time there is a new science fiction movie some makes a post saying 'are they trying to tell us something?'

If it had happened in the past were a government had actually tried to tell the population something secret through a film i could understand but as far as i know its never happened.

Star Wars??? Look at the political tones that were put into Star Wars movies and compare them to today! I will keep thinking, but that is the first one to come to mind.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Indoctrination?
How about...entertainment picking up on popular trends.
edit on 6/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If TPTB are doing anything with alien movies it is that they are trying to convince us that they are aliens and not fallen angels. And just so everyone knows... they haven't left. They have been here all along. They hide underwater and in mountains and stuff. Some of the UFOs you see that just vanish are angels going back to heaven. The ones that zip off and go hide under water somewhere are fallen angels. At least that what I think.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I was so dissapointed with that film that I have to wonder whether there was another motive for making it.

I'm not sure about your idea that they want us to believe in god though, I always thought they were trying to destroy religion.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

we are all the fallen ones...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think you are on the money. I notice how all movies lately portray God as the one coming from the sky to deny mankind his destiny. It makes God out to be some false delusion. Man is then shown to be the weak one that defeats and frustrates the sky God. Since the Wizard of OZ, this has been taking place.

Read my threads on:

Mystery Babylon

The Secret of Fremasonry

The Truth of Nimrod and Osiris

Why do they hate God? They know their time is short. They will do anything to keep the truth from the public. God comes to save us from them.

How far to you travel on the sea if you go 33.33 degrees? 2012.9 nautical miles. That's just short of 2013 in December.

edit on 9-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I really wanna go see this movie...i dont think about movies like this in conspiracy terms when im watching them, they're just entertainment...i mean, what was Avatar preaching? What was Predator preparing us for? Do you really think the chumps that sit around their comfy suites writing these movies up are really the elite of society? They are like us, just with more money, they dont know anything, it's just their imaginations playing out on the big screen...

But now that we're on ATS, what if the government own hollywood, and all the writers and directors are MK Ultra subjects, that are programmed to have these images and ideas in their minds, that are actual events that have, or are currently taking place.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8fl0z

I really wanna go see this movie

My opinion, you'll be disapointed, I was.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Eh, I give the movie a 5/10.

Alien blew the movie to smithereens. I felt as though they we're trying WAY to hard throughout the entire movie, and got very little satisfaction out of it.

I heard some people trying to compare it to 2001: A Space Odyssey and I was utterly disgusted. The movie has no where near as much depth.

In my opinion, it was a director who bit off more than he could chew. This movie was nothing special, and while it may take roots with many of the conspiracies about our origination, I doubt it was trying to tell anyone anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Why are we all the fallen ones? Is it our fault the angles fell from grace? I'm not doubting you, just asking.

Peace
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8fl0z

i dont think about movies like this in conspiracy terms when im watching them, they're just entertainment

TPTB don't have to worry too much about you then.

i mean, what was Avatar preaching?

no hints of environmentalism nor militarism anywhere to be seen?
how sacred or useless life is depending who's eyes you see through?

What was Predator preparing us for?

if an alien species such as the Predator were to exist, and it made it's way to Planet Earth,
average citizens would have something to relate it to. Someone highly intelligent put the pieces of potential together and made it entertainment.

Do you really think the chumps that sit around their comfy suites writing these movies up are really the elite of society?

No but they are by-products of such. Influenced in certain ways, manipulated or used for jobs where the 'indoctrination' can find it's way in naturally.

They are like us, just with more money, they dont know anything, it's just their imaginations playing out on the big screen...

True in a way, but they are pushing the big ideas someone DOES know about.

edit on 9-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
PROMETHEUS IS REAL !!!!!

can we just skip ahead to the inevitable, lol

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Indoctrination?
How about...entertainment picking up on popular trends.
edit on 6/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

How about concepts picking media content?

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Did media start pumping the airwaves with this stuff and we got excited over it, or did our interest in the subject matter drive the variety of subject media?

I ate the chicken and then I ate his egg.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

There is somewhat of a feedback loop as this thread demonstrates.

But there is very little original content from Hollywood. It's recycled stuff in a sparkly package or hot popular trends.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
weak movie, 2 out of five.

plot was full of holes, characters were weak, couldn't give a damn any of those characters or their fate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join