It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw Prometheus, Indoctrination?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Actually the Android spoke in a language that the creator understood, having recognized the lingo, the creator attempted to kill David. Before David spoke, the being was completely passive.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
reply to post by IAMTAT

Actually the Android spoke in a language that the creator understood, having recognized the lingo, the creator attempted to kill David. Before David spoke, the being was completely passive.

Okay. good point. I'll have to see that part again.
Love the parrot.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Come to think of it...We don't know WHAT the android ACTUALLY said to the progenetor/engineer to piss him off. He (David) DID seem to have his own agenda.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
reply to post by IAMTAT

And we have no idea what exactly David said to the creator. He may have provoked it.
(I didn't see IAMTAT's post above. Lol. Basically the same thought).

edit on 10-6-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

I watched prometheus a couple of days.
It is just another great story from a genius director!
It had Alien 'prequal' written all other it!
Did u not recognise the shape of the alien ship ? , or the alien sat in the 'driving' seat ?
Scott did a clever thing with marrying his Alien films together ( apart from A v P )
I could not see anything that would of been an agenda of TPTB.
Though i do believe that we were created by an alien race..........but as a slave/controlable race to work for them whilst they inhabited this planet !
Think about this-- THEY could of came to this planet to terra farm it, then cross dna themselves with primates= slave race.
THEY die off due to ancient poleshift's, we were many , they were few, we r left.
The primate in us was enough to help us survive ( we r earth's natural selection).
!!! SIMPLE !!!

I just might even start a new thread on the above , i would love to hear about other people theories on this!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I think 'soft' disclosure has been taking place for a while, through media, music, films and education, etc. People use the excuse of "it's 2012, it's gonna sell", however i am of the opinion that if it's not apart of agenda, it is some how built into our subconscious, or psyche, our atmospheric vibe, our sourcefield, whatever you want to call it, and we, the people, are latching onto that idea.

Personally my dreams have been accurately assessing old friends feelings, friends who i haven't seen in years, and i may dream about them being in distress and the very next day they call me out of the blue.

Way i see it, i feel something could quite possibly happening, but i won't know if it's justified until the next year or so passes and i can asses my dreams/spiritual experiences with the world around me.

Cool. You are noticing synchronicity. I have no clue if aliens exist or not, but if they are then they are just like ous. Souls/spirits on a ride.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You and Me and many others allready know this to be true. Not sure why it requires any disscusion, but i guess some people still havnt figured it out yet.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

Read entire thread.

As for David, I think he said something to provoke the Engineers to kill them. He did want Wayland dead after all, or so he eluded to.

edit on 10-6-2012 by NoRemorse762 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
An agenda? Let's see Writer Damon Lindelof who also wrote...LOST hmmm an Agenda...I say yes.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

True. There were several themes on this during the movie with both David and Ms. Vickers.
Good point.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Start researching what L. A. Marzulli has to say about this.

The reason I say this is I no longer trust our government nor Hollywood for having our best interest at heart.

My husband and middle son saw Prometheus yesteday and thought it was a great movie.

Myself, I believe that Eyes Wide Shut describes Hollywood best...........movies coming out of there have a agenda, that's my own opinion.

First agenda yes is to make money. But second agenda is to indoctrinate the masses.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
**** Spoiler Alert**** If you haven't seen Prometheus and want to I am going to be giving away some key plot points here. Not the whole story but the underlying plot. It was a good movie and I recommend seeing it.

I have seen threads that broach this subject, but I might be putting it a little differently. We all know about the conspiracy of TPTB, the governments of the world, and film/TV studios. Whether it's TV (Taken, Falling Skies, V, The Event) or movies(too many to list), they are apparently letting us know that aliens may or may not be coming(depending on what side of the isle you stand on).

Lately the trend has been that not only are aliens coming, but they put us here and or have been here in the past. In Prometheus the aliens had seeded earth with their DNA to make us, not a uncommon theory. The new twist is that not only did they make us but that they are coming back to use a biological weapon to kill us as if we were a mistake or an experiment gone wrong.

This has me thinking about the state of affairs of the world. Are they watching us destroy ourselves and the planet just waiting to intervene? It also reminds me of that Guardian or DailyMail article about Nick Pope. In the article, I just read it here on ATS, it's about ET's coming to show themselves at the Olympic closing ceremonies when all human eyes are focused on one place.

Another plot point of Prometheus, and one of my personal favorites, is that God didn't make humans. Aliens made humans but God may have possibly made Aliens, indirectly making humans. Were TPTB trying to get across the point of not loosing faith if aliens do show up tomorrow? Are TPTB trying to get us to think of God in a galactic sense so an arrival would be less of a shock?

No revelations here, just interested in what everyone thinks.

I agree with your theory. not sure about the Olympics, but it will happen and I believe humans were seeded.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It is Very Interesting the Ridley Scott 'created' a film that has such, on the surface , oddly ...amateurish ...direction and editing choices.

An interesting push ideologically speaking from one such as scott comes from how the film leaves off , and the implications of how the various historic cultures ALL LEARNED THE where about of the "alien" military genetic secret base.

did anyone notice how ALL the 'giants ' look so similar that one may think them clones ? And that the old man that funded the mission was rich beyond belief ( possibly the richest man in the world ) and was using his knowledge and "influence" to try to gain ...at least extended life or immortality...and at best godhood.

perhaps scott has several layers going here, one of the most interesting being what goals do the super rich actually have? they can have anything worldly ...they can commit any crime from mind/body rape to genocide to super toxic environmental destruction on any scale, war, tech suppression, TOTAL information dispersal control ...all at the touch of a button . So what does someone like that want?

that's where the film starts .... they want to beat the biology...and then ...?...what happens if you have all the 'people/resource/earthly' power one can want and immortality what next?

perhaps a break-away society/

Imagine a "human" civilization risen to the high tech state at some point in the distant past, and unlike in the movie, the richest man DID achieve immortality...who m could he trust ? and what would he want ?
the answers are obviously : opnly himself , and the next step up the "cosmic " evolutionary ladder, whatever that may be .

so ...a clone army ... bio weapons ( in tech level triggered sleeper mode ) to ensure no challengers spring from the rabble ( much like Nero's reason for burning the slums of rome ) and a space spread-out infrastructure to ensure success of the project through multiple redundancy

much like the daughter wanting the passing of the tycoon , the earlier break-away immortal tycoon from the earlier advanced civilization would not want the up and coming tycoon to be a challenger( hence the violent response)

...just speculation , but ridley is a clever fellow perhaps the movie is more a commentary on the current state of the world and it's "masters" and their goals than it appears.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I had no idea that he links the film to his Alien movies. That kind of makes me want to see it more. No Alien movie can ever top the movie 'The Thing' from back in 1981 starring Kurt Russell. Best Alien movie ever made.

Of course Hollywood brainwashes the masses. There are political motivations as well as the intent to corrupt and influence the minds of the youth in order to sculpt them into good little sheoplized robots. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I was so dissapointed with that film that I have to wonder whether there was another motive for making it.

I'm not sure about your idea that they want us to believe in god though, I always thought they were trying to destroy religion.

I've always thought religion was and is quite capable of destroying itself........ with its hate and intolerance, depravity and such !

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
More importantly, all the genocide and destruction of historical advanced technology. Their human fabricated fantasy has done alot of damage. Foolish mortals, The Universe is God. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's actually quite worrying when so many people can't recognise story-telling - fiction.

I wonder if they still lay in bed worrying about the 3 bears?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It is Very Interesting the Ridley Scott 'created' a film that has such, on the surface , oddly ...amateurish ...direction and editing choices.

An interesting push ideologically speaking from one such as scott comes from how the film leaves off , and the implications of how the various historic cultures ALL LEARNED THE where about of the "alien" military genetic secret base.

did anyone notice how ALL the 'giants ' look so similar that one may think them clones ? And that the old man that funded the mission was rich beyond belief ( possibly the richest man in the world ) and was using his knowledge and "influence" to try to gain ...at least extended life or immortality...and at best godhood.

perhaps scott has several layers going here, one of the most interesting being what goals do the super rich actually have? they can have anything worldly ...they can commit any crime from mind/body rape to genocide to super toxic environmental destruction on any scale, war, tech suppression, TOTAL information dispersal control ...all at the touch of a button . So what does someone like that want?

that's where the film starts .... they want to beat the biology...and then ...?...what happens if you have all the 'people/resource/earthly' power one can want and immortality what next?

perhaps a break-away society/

Imagine a "human" civilization risen to the high tech state at some point in the distant past, and unlike in the movie, the richest man DID achieve immortality...who m could he trust ? and what would he want ?
the answers are obviously : opnly himself , and the next step up the "cosmic " evolutionary ladder, whatever that may be .

so ...a clone army ... bio weapons ( in tech level triggered sleeper mode ) to ensure no challengers spring from the rabble ( much like Nero's reason for burning the slums of rome ) and a space spread-out infrastructure to ensure success of the project through multiple redundancy

much like the daughter wanting the passing of the tycoon , the earlier break-away immortal tycoon from the earlier advanced civilization would not want the up and coming tycoon to be a challenger( hence the violent response)

...just speculation , but ridley is a clever fellow perhaps the movie is more a commentary on the current state of the world and it's "masters" and their goals than it appears.

Blade runner was an amazing piece of work ,by Scott that almost never made it ...they fired him but he came to work for free to finish it anyway ...interesting individual, TO SAY THE LEAST ...AND A COUPLE OF DECADES ARE BEHIND HIS " I HATE HOLLYWOOD" , experience , such sounds one hears to make noise ...what should one make of them

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Not going to read your post... But i cannot wait to see this movie! Love Aliens and Ridley Scott

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Movies do indirectly tell us things, we may often be viewing ideas through stories that have been intentionally put there or conjured up in the imagination of some story teller.

You made one interesting point, about the Olympics as I personally believe the world will be duped and we have been witnessing the run up to this for a while.

The various reports this year of apparently large crafts seen over Moscow etc (which I believe are holographic in nature) and the more recent articles such as this one:

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

Geo-Engineering the skies (Contrails > Chemtrails etc) which would create the perfect sky to project a large scale holographic image onto.

If you wanted to take over the world, what better way than to present yourself as some alien race...with the state of the world, people would flock to this false prophet, this antichrist.

The movie presents an interesting idea, but that's all it is, an idea, so long as people don't start to believe it is real.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join