It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This is the nature of the free will covenant.

Which is of course completely made up seeing how the words "free will" are not even in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

-Are you considering, with an open mind the responses and opinions of the people who have responded to your OP?
-Would you ever consider that your position is wrong or that you are misinformed?
-Will you take the time to checkout and read any of the suggested alternative views/links given to you by autowrench and others.
-If not, why not?
-If not what do you have to fear?
I have just over seven thousand posts on this forum and I have a few thousand on other forums so I can safely say there is nothing new in this thread which I have not considered before now. So, the point is that though it may seem I am not taking enough time with each post, well that is because these are all things I have deeply considered at one time or another over the last few years. I have read a lot of Autowrench and agree with a lot of what he says and I am not known to ever get into any arguments with him. I am a certified master heavy duty truck mechanic so I feel a certain bond with my fellow wrencher.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
DIDNT GOD SAY THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE!!!!!!!! casue thats what your doin, you have no idea where open minded people like me will go you only have speculation.... YOU WANT A FACT????

80% of American Christian and Catholics have never read, let alone looked at the bible..
95% have never been baptised....
80% of them have never done their own research into religion, not even their own.

The only reason this is, is because kids grow up and want to fit in... dont want to be the one to say i dont believe what everyone in my class believes. Your affraid of being the outcast. Faith in God is only fear of death... You believe there is something that will take the pain when you die... somewhere you will go and be 100% happy... I have nothing against people with religious believes as long as it is their believes, not because they want to follow the biggest crowd... be a leader not a follower.. we all have the power of "GOD"!!! If you want to make tommorrow a better place, make today a better place and the rest follows...

So you go on and rage WARS over your believe in something you have never studied and truely believed in.... The next war will guarenteed be over religion... whose right whose wrong... whose book is right whose book is wrong... TRY HAVING FAITH IN YOURSELF TO DO RIGHT IN LIFE, TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.... then see how happy you are compaired to faith in an entitiy.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Religion is worshiping God.
Anyone who says they are against religion is against God, and have some sort of hatred towards God and want to create an illusion for themselves that they can hide from God in a bubble to where inside this bubble they are invisible to God and can do whatever they want and they will be protected from any punishment.
In fact, such people believe that their sins have been transferred to another person to take that punishment for them, on an individual bases, meaning a personal salvation, just for them, in this delusional world which they have created for themselves.
edit on 3-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I'm not hiding from God, It is hiding from me...and you, and you, and you, and everybody else too.

Who is delusional? The person who believes in the Invisible Man, and believes that a book clearly written, assembled, and produced by MEN is the Divine Word of God? Or the person who believes in what he can see, hear and feel?

That was rhetorical, BTW...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

So if I am apart of a satanic religion I will go to hevan? Pure ignorance. I take it your a christian, your judging people right now and I bet you will not admit it. Because you cannot admit you can not confess witch means you cannot ask for forgiveness. Your going to hell boy.

There are certain people on this forum who believe they are prophets and take it upon themselves to teach a philosophy which claims to not be a religion and that religion means trying to be saved by being good and doing good works so they proclaim a salvation in their state of wickedness and hold it a virtue and an act of faith to be sinners.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I'm against religion, and I'm already in hell!
Having to listen to ignorant people like this...

Troll...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

BUT don't tell me I'm going to Hell just because I don't walk lock step with you my brother!
No because neither you or him are promoting evil.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If you need something to make you do the "right" thing such as "god", then you are the sinner... Its people who do the right thing because they WANT to do the right thing who are "HOLY"

We ALL have the need to be judged, to have someone say you were O.K. but you did do this wrong.. or you were damn near perfect...
Take that need and just be good, so when you do pass you feel at peace with yourself!!! you feel you did more good than bad...

LOOK IN THE MIRRIOR NOT AT THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta
If by 'god' we're talking about one's inner instinct and freedom as an individual, then there's some truth in this horrendous intellectual car crash of a thread.

'hiding in a bubble to escape from god'

That's what faith does. Allows you to hide from personal freedom and responsibility; shifting it into the hands of an imaginary friend so you don't have to deal with complex natural human emotions/urges/instincts. And of course the fact that we exist for pretty much no reason (a long time ago we might have done). Religious people are the ones being ruled by fear. Faith can be a powerful ally, but that doesn't make anything true or good. History has proven that man is capable of believing the wildest of things, right down to the core.

Sorry, but putting faith in Jesus is about the same as a 5 year old who's obsessed with Justin Bieber or Legos or Santa Claus. God is just an excuse to banzai your brain into perpetual emotional comfort. Come on, just imagine having never heard of Jesus or the bible and suddenly hearing about it all as a fully grown adult. You would think it was completely absurd. That's a fact.
I'm guessing you are talking to me while addressing anyone in general. You know I have read your posts before and you have a way of cutting through the nonsense which I respect and I try to do the same sot of thing but it is impossible for me to do it in the same way that you do because of my own personal experiences that have set in my mind a couple of undeniable truths.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

funny when i saw the title before i clicked it i had a feeling it was you again,JUDGING others and telling them they are going to hell
dont you have another thread about how 'people who pronounce the name of JESUS in old testament ways are going to hell?'
clearly one of the most ignorant members iv come across here on ATS.
however i think you have an agenda and that is to make religious or spiritual people look as lost and confused as you are...........i will pray for your soul still because as ignorant as you are i would hate for any one to spend eternity in a place prepared for satan and his angels

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's what people forget and why I hate the fact that some people ritualistically attend church week after week and take part in ceremonies involving fancy robes and such just to show how "dedicated to God" they are.

All you need is a belief, the occasional prayer in thanks for the good things you have and a love of whatever deities you believe in. Love thy neighbour and all that. Everything else like the ceremonies and the pomp and circumstance is just bastardising the religion and turning it into something far away from what it originally meant and stood for.

Yes, I'm against people who worship religion and not the Living Savior. People who consider themselves justified on their own merits and deeds and not Christ's. This thread is just a trolling thread meant to attack me! (See the link in my signature?) The OP is cherry-picking what I believe and misrepresenting dishonestly what I've prfeviously said. My issue is that Christianity is NOT another religion, it's about redemption. I've never said anyhing against God or His Son Jesus in these threads.

The biggest issue with people who worship their respective religions is that either they get depressed and give up because they are honest with themselves and admit they can't keep all the rules and rituals perfectly, or they become puffed-up self-righteous pricks who look down their noses at everyone who doesn't keep all the rules and rituals they do. Religion NEVER leads a person to humble joy for what our Redeemer Jesus has done FOR us on the cross. God's goodness in Christ is what leads us to repentance.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The problem is that if you believe in hell, you have a good chance to burn in it. In my reality hell does not exist, therefore I have no fear nor worry that I will end up there.
I know x-tians who cheat and lie but who believe they will go to heaven because they label themselves believers. I do no such things, nor do I do harm to anyone. I know right from wrong and I appreciate the simplest life forms. I am not scared about the after life because in my reality I have nothing to fear.

I do not hate but pity those that have been infected by religion. It is a vicious meme that gives no way out once you 'caught' it unless you take a deep breath and trust yourself. Some have managed to escape the burden that religion is and nobody "afaik" has gone back.

Freedom is a beautiful feeling. Religion is a cage but the path to true enlightenment is one of deep soul searching and facing your fears. Nobody will punish you ever if you walk by yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to address both of my responses to you. I mean that sincerely. Based on both replies you seem to be a good person and level headed thinker.
But, that original post...........well not so much. (but then again we all have our own style)

Anyways, I meant this to be a sincere Thank You!

Your post was thought provoking and got some attention for sure.

PS, Yea I know about those trucks...........I got a 1981 toyota pickup!
I'm 6'2" and weigh around 230 these days. She's snug

Peace to you and keep on truckin'
edit on 4-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin' !!

edit on 4-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: SPELLIN'!!!

edit on 4-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: just plain OCD

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ATS ---THIS MAN DOES IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT ANY OF CHRISTS TEACHINGS. HE MIGHT READ THE BIBLE BUT DOES NOT APPLY IT . HIS AGENDA IS TO MAKE ANYONE OF US WHO TAKE THE SCRIPTURES SERIOUSLY, LOOK AS CONFUSED AS POSSIBLE. I AM IN NO WAY JUDGING THIS MAN BUT IV ARGUED WITH HIS IGNORANCE ON OTHER THREADS, CLICK ON HIS PROFILE TO SEE HIS OTHER ""IF YOU..(______________) .......YOU ARE GOING TO HELL"THREADS.. HES HERE TO CONFUSE THE WEAK MINDED.

edit on 4-1-2012 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

didn't see the books you have read,but i did see your new bows! beautiful! i play a wee bit,more of a guitar guy!
I was practically born with a violin in my hand and that was like a family tradition that everyone had to be a musician and it was somehow decided I was going to play the violin.
I have pictures of my classical guitar in their too, which is like forty years old with nice Bavarian pine fron and Honduran mahogany back which I bought a nice Ibanez case for which is really sturdy but weighs a ton. Luckily I don't have to take it anywhere and it stays home.
My book list is a mess and all over the place but there is a bunch and I put myself in the situation where I am deciding if I want to buy another book, or eat.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

"I know x-tians who cheat and lie but who believe they will go to heaven because they label themselves believers. I do no such things, nor do I do harm to anyone."
"Religion is a cage but the path to true enlightenment is one of deep soul searching and facing your fears."

Couldnt say it any better than that... EVERYONE is affraid of death and what comes next, they want someone to be there when their heart beats for the last time and say its O.K.!! I think the point of life is to become one with yourself, to be able to be at peace with your values and ideals, to depend and believe in yourself... IF YOU BELIEVE IN "GOD" good for you, but believe in yourself also.. Faith is fear that your wrong...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

So because I am against all forms of religion due to them all being based on the same things but fighting against each other and amongst themselves with evil and hatred and because if I had to, I'd rather take all the good bits of every religion including Satanism, Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Islam etc to follow a more perfect and true mindset based on the original teachings before religions became corrupt, that means I'm going to Hell anyway?
You do not qualify for my target group for condemnation, sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

There's no heaven buddy. There's no hell either. We're all human, we're all here to play a role, we all end up in the same place doing the same thing. I believe in reincarnation because it makes the most sense. It definitely makes more sense than having the choice between sitting on a cloud in the sky, or burning for ever under ground. like wtf?

I don't believe in a systematic set of rules written by multiple people in a book written thousands of years ago and mistranslated thousands of times and letting that be a means to control my life.

Christianity especially, is a religion that's proven to be dying, and there's also a seeming correlation found between IQ and religious belief. Non believers tend to have a higher IQ. If this is true, that means believers have a lower IQ, thus are able to be controlled and manipulated more easily.

There have been more killings over religious beliefs throughout history than over anything else including money. If anything is "evil" it should be considered religion.
edit on 4-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I reject the SECULAR definition of religion. Not the Biblical one. Jesus saves, not rituals and religion.
I got this from the Bible dictionary definition, you may want to give that a try.
And you may want to read the New Testament about rituals as in the Lord's Supper.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Many many more people have been killed in the name of God than in the name of Satan.

I don't know about you but I think if hell exists it sounds a darn site friendlier than heaven....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join