It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by autowrench

Even if you did not mean it that way, it does seem like a troll thread,
jmdewey60. Unlike what you may think, there are many Gods and Goddesses to choose from, (All Avatars) and the worship and devotion to just one does not give you any special treatment, or make you "a chosen one," or a "Prophet of God." I sincerely hope the God you speak of is not Yahweh ?

I had to look that up and I found one definition for a "troll thread" which is something started with the purpose of being annoying instead of informative. I don't think that was my intention. I do want to be informative but I do realize two or three people will be annoyed but that is just too bad because they should stop being annoying them own selves.
Anyway I think Jesus became YHWH and died, signifying the end of that era.
This is directed to jmdewey60 the OP,
In your response to autowrench you state you want to be "informative" and that you looked up the term "troll thread"
Clearly stating your opinions and intentions are always a good thing, in my opinion.
Having the initiative to research an unfamiliar term or idea is also a positive trait. Would'nt you agree?

That being said, I would like to know the following:

-Are you considering, with an open mind the responses and opinions of the people who have responded to your OP?
-Would you ever consider that your position is wrong or that you are misinformed?
-Will you take the time to checkout and read any of the suggested alternative views/links given to you by autowrench and others.
-If not, why not?
-If not what do you have to fear?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So if I am apart of a satanic religion I will go to hevan? Pure ignorance. I take it your a christian, your judging people right now and I bet you will not admit it. Because you cannot admit you can not confess witch means you cannot ask for forgiveness. Your going to hell boy.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Please read my response on page 7.
It was posted addressed to autowrench but was really intended for you, the OP.
Please consider my questions with an open mind.
My post to you was intended not to be an attack on you or your beliefs. My questions are sincere.
Life and our veiw of life is everchanging and evolving. The truth comes in many forms.

I wish peace to you and everyone of any belief or faith.
BUT don't tell me I'm going to Hell just because I don't walk lock step with you my brother!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If by 'god' we're talking about one's inner instinct and freedom as an individual, then there's some truth in this horrendous intellectual car crash of a thread.

'hiding in a bubble to escape from god'

That's what faith does. Allows you to hide from personal freedom and responsibility; shifting it into the hands of an imaginary friend so you don't have to deal with complex natural human emotions/urges/instincts. And of course the fact that we exist for pretty much no reason (a long time ago we might have done). Religious people are the ones being ruled by fear. Faith can be a powerful ally, but that doesn't make anything true or good. History has proven that man is capable of believing the wildest of things, right down to the core.

Sorry, but putting faith in Jesus is about the same as a 5 year old who's obsessed with Justin Bieber or Legos or Santa Claus. God is just an excuse to banzai your brain into perpetual emotional comfort. Come on, just imagine having never heard of Jesus or the bible and suddenly hearing about it all as a fully grown adult. You would think it was completely absurd. That's a fact.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by sacgamer25

The bible does not ever say that someone that refuses to believe in Christ will go to hell.

Ah, but Jesus says he who opposses him is anti-christ. If you do not submit then you oppose and we can skip to Revelation and find out what happens to those who oppose him. In fact Revelation doesn't say Christ is the judge, the Saints are the judges. He also has alot to say about false prophets as well and you know this.

The Sanhedrin that tried Jesus after Nicodemus testified to Jesus miracles they said that Jesus had an unclean spirit in him and that he cast out devils with the help of Be'elzebub in effect calling the Holy Spirit the destroyer and thats blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

What is opposing Christ? I don’t believe that someone that doesn’t believe is opposing Christ. I think this would most likely mean teachers, especially ones that claim to follow Christ but teach a different than Jesus did. For someone to truly be an Anti-Christ I believe they have to both acknowledge Christ and be a false teacher.

Someone that doesn’t believe doesn’t really fit this category. I simply don’t believe that someone who doesn’t believe can truly be in opposition to his message. As a matter of fact if you take what Christ is teaching completely away from the concept of having to believe in the bible most non Christians are completely for the teaching of Christ.

I think every decent human being believes in the first 2 commandments, and even atheist believes in the second commandment. So to say that someone who doesn’t believe in Christ is automatically against him is not completely true.

Does any think war is good? Some think it necessary but none think it good.

Everyone decent person wants to live in a peaceful world, free from greed and immorality. So if they don’t believe in the bible do you really believe they are Anti-Christ?

Look at today’s Churches that claim to be Christian and bible followers.

Catholics – Say they are the authority and teach that its ok to do whatever you want as long as you repent on Sunday. This is Anti-Christ

Protestants- Say by Grace alone, completely ignoring that as Christians we are called to a Holy life free from willful sin. Anti-Christ

Baptist- Teach that everyone who’s not basically perfect is going to hell. Anti-Christ

Almost every one of the 30,000 denominations teaches separation of Christians by claiming their belief system is the only way. Anti-Christ

Do you see now see that the whole world has been fooled by the one pretending to be an angel of light? Almost all Christians are following the Anti-Christ, just as the bible predicts. Even non Christians believe things about Jesus and the bible because of these Churches. Anti-Christ

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

So much wrong in that post but a picture speaks a 1000 words.

That would be a pretty good picture of me in action, giving a sermon.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

didn't see the books you have read,but i did see your new bows! beautiful! i play a wee bit,more of a guitar guy!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Religion is worshiping God.
Anyone who says they are against religion is against God, and have some sort of hatred towards God and want to create an illusion for themselves that they can hide from God in a bubble to where inside this bubble they are invisible to God and can do whatever they want and they will be protected from any punishment.
In fact, such people believe that their sins have been transferred to another person to take that punishment for them, on an individual bases, meaning a personal salvation, just for them, in this delusional world which they have created for themselves.
edit on 3-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

So because I am against all forms of religion due to them all being based on the same things but fighting against each other and amongst themselves with evil and hatred and because if I had to, I'd rather take all the good bits of every religion including Satanism, Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Islam etc to follow a more perfect and true mindset based on the original teachings before religions became corrupt, that means I'm going to Hell anyway?

How nice.

All you people spouting such nonsense are more likely to go to Hell than people like me for following a distorted version of your religion's teachings and for hating others and telling them they're going to Hell to be tormented forever just because they don't follow whatever you believe in.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

We don't care so why would we be worried,,,hello!!!! Does that concept ever enter your ignorant mind???. Only people that care(or have blind faith) are scared silly of hell and gods wrath.

Hmm, maybe not.
Is that the answer you were looking for?
I think what I was aiming at was people who do care about hell and may be looking for a way to avoid it, but to watch out for people (presenting themselves as prophets of Christ) who seem completely oblivious to the fact that they may go to hell and consider that attitude as a virtue.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

In fact, such people believe that their sins have been transferred to another person to take that punishment for them, on an individual bases, meaning a personal salvation, just for them, in this delusional world which they have created for themselves.

Isn't that exactly what your religion does? Didn't that christ dude die for your sins?

Excellent point, a million stars for you if that was possible.

Segundo

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

You do not need religion to worship God.

You are completely ignoring the definition of religion.
What you are saying, in essence is: worshiping God is not required for worshiping God.

At the same time that you say you don't need all this ritual or whatever, you are in full support of having it, and want to see even more of it and to the very height of ritual as in animal sacrifices on bloody altars.

I reject the SECULAR definition of religion. Not the Biblical one. Jesus saves, not rituals and religion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's what people forget and why I hate the fact that some people ritualistically attend church week after week and take part in ceremonies involving fancy robes and such just to show how "dedicated to God" they are.

All you need is a belief, the occasional prayer in thanks for the good things you have and a love of whatever deities you believe in. Love thy neighbour and all that. Everything else like the ceremonies and the pomp and circumstance is just bastardising the religion and turning it into something far away from what it originally meant and stood for.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Baptist- Teach that everyone who’s not basically perfect is going to hell. Anti-Christ

Wrong. Thats Pentecostal. Baptists preach once saved always saved, for Christ gave himself for all our sins once and for all time...but we are still commanded to keep his commandments or we would degenerate into lawlessness. In otherwords salvation is not a license to sin, or you were never saved to begin with. If you do not die to the world and to your old self than you were never saved, all you did was pay lip service, which is why theres alot of so called "christians" who think they can still live in sin and have promiscuous and unmarried sex and still serve Christ.
edit on 4-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Isn't that exactly what your religion does? Didn't that christ dude die for your sins?

This is a rather arcane and esoteric subject and probably not for normal people to be concerned about.
Jesus did die, that is a fact. The other fact is that people die normally and that is something people in religion suppose is a result of sin. Jesus did what he did so that people would not die. People still apparently do die, so there must be another way to understand what Jesus meant when he said if someone believed in him they would not die. The term thrown around in the Gospels is "the last day"., which apparently was something they picked up from the eschatology popular at that time. Though it does say that, we don't know exactly how the process works in reality.
The important thing is that Jesus himself will raise you from the dead at some future time and it could be right away for all I know or it may be a long time from now, and not sure if it makes that much of a difference.
So, to get back to your question, the other thing which is related to being resurrected is this concept of a judgment, and this may be where the idea of sins would come into play. There are two ways of looking at how this may go down. There are probably more but for the sake of argument we will look at two. One is that the formerly dead person says, "Don't look at me! You know there was a good person named Jesus who lived a sinless life and I think instead of me, you should look at him and just give me credit for doing everything he did. and as for sins, well there is this magic power in the blood of the Lamb and I have been washed in that blood so that the sin does not stick to me." - that would be scenario #1
The second way judgment may go down is, the person has his life reviewed and Jesus speaks up and says, " You know I did go to earth and lived as a human and did so without sinning so I feel like I have a right to say something on behalf of this person. I made a promise and people wrote it down and this book was read by this person and he believed me so I sent to him the spirit of Christ so that he could some day enjoy this eternal life in a better place and he did follow this spirit and let it indwell him. He probably made some mistakes from day to day and did fail in places but he has developed his character and now I believe he is prepared to join the saints in this better place."

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Well if all of our wonderful leaders whom only have all of our best interests at heart have a chance of going to heaven, then i will gladly go to hell. I am against religion because of what it does to people, it devides and conquers and anything that does that is not good.

I think god if there is/was such a thing would know this already and as he/she/it would know each of our intentions. People like you are really sad and lack the intelligence to see outside of what you are told, that is your choice, enjoy it.

I think you are just trolling personally.
Thanks for your vote for Hell. I don't have an answer to this and I have the feeling you are not really looking for one.
I'm not advocating following particular leaders so much as advocating a personal form of religion, probably.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by MzMorbid

Oh no, actually he believes christ is god.

My God IS the only way, meaning Jesus of course.
I thought he was the son of god. Guess I'm wrong. That does bring up some questions. If Jesus is god, and jesus died....then there is no god.

We know christianity does NOT believe in reincarnation.

OOPS....whats that, OK, reincarnation is OK for this ONE instance.

That would be like saying cannibalism is wrong, but then having people symbolically eat someones flesh, and drink their blood.

OOPS, again, its ok for the christains to do this because, uh....well just because it is.
Jesus is the name of God. This does not mean Jesus is literally God but we don't know anything about God other than what we see in Jesus. So when I said, 'God, meaning Jesus', I meant the God we know through that name.
Your statement, '....then there is no god.' would be true in a certain sense, which is that the concept of God previous to Jesus is "Finished" in the last words of Jesus as he died after taking upon himself the designation, I Am, in other words, YHWH.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

BTW, handing out bus rides to hell cannot be considered right, by any stretch of the imagination.

Don't get on the bus, and if you are already on it, get off now.
Glad to be able to help you work off some bad Karma.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

In fact Revelation doesn't say Christ is the judge, the Saints are the judges.

This is in keeping with Roman tradition.
Revelation reenacts the Triumph of the victorious general who returns to Rome with the captured defeated enemy king who is paraded through the streets up to the Senate where a proclamation is made against the fallen enemy, who is them placed in the pit to be executed.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

What illusion are you referring to? I wake up every morning HAPPY.

You can read all about it in a recent book called, Orthodoxy, which is the new American/fundamentalist/Baptist/dispensationalist/zionist/war monger religion now claiming to be the new orthodoxy, it is this theory of imputed/imparted righteousness that some people believe in which is an instant holiness you are given to get you through judgment after you say a special formula of acceptance of it, before the congregation, and it gets rid of the need to be actually righteous yourself, as in living a good life.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

Religion is worshiping God.

not true , Jainism,Buddhism, Chaaruvaaka, kinda Sihkism

Sorry that I did not get more specific with the thread title.
I'm sure there are a lot of religions and what I was getting at specifically is what would be referred to as religion from a christian point of view, as in the use of the word religion in the Bible.

even the christian point of view is based in the original gnostic teaching of jesus, who taught that while worshipping god was important, it was NOT the point of his teaching

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join