It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
The OP is not saying anything new, or something that most folks do not understand. Putting aside my personal views on "hell," I see this opening statement as an expression of the OP's long-established mode of being judgmental. The God he follows, however, said to not judge, so that you would not be judged.

"Judge not lest you be judged, for the measure you judge others with shall be the measure you are judged by" Does not mean you have to condone another man's wicked ways. It means "do not point the finger at someone else's sins for you do the same things", or as we call it today "mind your own business and i will mind mine".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrotherJohn
Ah.. Religious threads, both sides always go on about stuff.. No one wins.

I'm sure it was debated since the beginning and so, you have the story of Cain and Abel in the Bible.
btw: the bad guy won in that round
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So you were raised SDA? Have you kept the spirit which is so common in that church? I know that spirit, for I was a member of that church/cult (depending on your point of view) for some years. The spirit of which I speak is the spirit of legalism and judgmentalism.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

That's being judgmental and making a inaccurate and misinformed judgement based on your own limited perspective belief and fears.

And I hope you are not being judgmental yourself.
I don't think any of those things you mentioned applies to me, but I may have a bit of a bias, since it is me we are talking about right now, right?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thank you for spelling the concept out more clearly!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

It sounds like you are missing "hell" by surviving and being here on earth. I would not want to be you after death. You already seem to know what's in store for you. I would think that would make you change.

You start out as a prophet who knows God's purpose with my life and then you go on to show that you know nothing about my life.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hell does not exist.
Your god is not the ONLY way.

These are both myths created by your preacher so he can dig into your wallet.

Your god did not create that big fancy church....man did, man also built your preachers house, and you paid for it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Religion has NOTHING to do with the concept of God...

it is arrogance.. and control...

I have been to several "churches" and God was not there.. ever.. not once.
This is a way of looking at it that hasn't been brought up yet and deserves some comment.
Right now I am in a sort of state of dread when it comes to the thought of going to my own church which I am a member of. I have done this before where I will say to someone, "You know, you sound exactly like an atheist I was having a conversation with yesterday on an internet discussion forum." Then their eyes will pop out and I have to stop talking.

edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hell/hades is a greek concept. In Judaism with which Jesus was more familiar with it is called Gehenna to the hebrew, it basically translates roughly and i mean very roughly as the same place but you do not "burn" in hell, it was created as a prison for the Fallen although the wicked shall be held there too until the last Judgement. The place you burn is the lake of fire. Hell is darkness shut off from God's light, also called "the outter darkness" with which muslims are familiar with.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Poppycock!

And besides, Hell is where it will be happening. Sex, drugs, rock and roll...oh yeah! We will be keeping the neighbours awake at night.

Spew forth sweet chariot...

Lol, go ahead and keep believing that happy thought Peter Pan.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Here is a question from those people : will you live forever ?

I think if you were to question the chronic posters in this sub-forum about their lives, you would find that most of them have had some sort of profound religious experience.
Well I have had some profound experiences that may not be so much religious in nature as for how I felt at the time but they are ones I have to understand from a religious perspective.
Among those experiences would be included being raised from the dead, so there is a reason why I would be such a persistent poster. Now of course I don't think that from that moment I was exempt from death but it only allowed me to continue this life that I currently had. I'm sure I will die some time in the not too distant future but I have a confidence that it will not be the final end and that there is a God who does have the power over life and death and He may have had to die Himself in order to have it but the fact remains that He does.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

do yourself a favour and read more books
If you go to my profile page in the comments section you will see listed most of the books I have bought in the last two years.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

lol people still believe in god??

I do.
Now this does not mean I am better than anyone else or that I have more faith because I don't need so much pure faith as in believing something I have no evidence of, because I do have evidence, at least enough for my own satisfaction.
What I had to go through in order for my "proof" to happen, I would not wish on anyone.
People who Know nothing about God should consider yourself lucky, where you were never in a situation where you had to have supernatural intervention. Now saying that, I also have to keep in mind that there are those who believe they did need it and did not get it and were somehow abandoned by God, and I feel for you and I also understand how that is and have my own share of tragedy where I have lost my best friends one after another and dear and cherished relatives but I have a hope and a confidence that they are not gone forever.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You do not need religion to worship God.

You are completely ignoring the definition of religion.
What you are saying, in essence is: worshiping God is not required for worshiping God.

At the same time that you say you don't need all this ritual or whatever, you are in full support of having it, and want to see even more of it and to the very height of ritual as in animal sacrifices on bloody altars.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by papazen

Only Mormons go to Heaven!

If you mean their own, separate planet, maybe so.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Religion is rituals and worshipping things other than God . . .

You're just making up your own definition, then.
It is an actual word in the New Testament ans it comes from a description of the fear of God, or worship of God.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I see this opening statement as an expression of the OP's long-established mode of being judgmental. The God he follows, however, said to not judge, so that you would not be judged.

I hope you are not being judgmental in saying that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Jesus said "The only way to the Father is through Me".

So i have to rape jesus to meet the father?

I'll definitely go to hell for saying that! Even though i don't believe in hell.

All these christians talking about jesus was the only son of God. Then what are we the rest of the population? Just some f*cking housepets? Religion is the biggest scam in human history. I believe in God but in a spiritual way. Hell only excists for those who believe in it. And heaven... God gave us heaven, we just turned it into (hell)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

or as we call it today "mind your own business and i will mind mine".

Then you should not be on forums saying God is going to punish them for some crime against your religion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And where did you pull that bs from??? Just because i dont believe in your delusional religion, does not mean i hate God. Not that i believe there is a God....

Religion is nothing more than something that was invented by humans ages ago to control your behaviour/morals. It is outdated and have no use in todays society with law enforcement.
But sadly people like you will never realize this fact.
edit on 4-1-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join