It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I also question which religion that is being referred to.

There are many.
Seems to be at least 43.
Which one is the "true " religion?
You decide.

www.religionfacts.com...

Notice Christians and Atheist are almost the same as far as members are concerned.

Christianity and Islam seem to be the only ones addressing or recognizing a "Hell".

That,in it's self tells me that those are not a true religion,but a pseudo- religion created to teach fear for the sole purpose of control of a specific group of people,don't you think?
Isn't that odd.
edit on 4-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes, I'm against people who worship religion and not the Living Savior.

I see you are now God in your own estimation.

Lol, WHAT??

Where the eff do you get this nonsense??

I've never said I'm God. Not once.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by dilly1
Who are you talking to ? All of us?

Are you being sarcastic?

None of us are going any where when we die. No one knows for sure,,so why even predict a destination??

Draw your horns in. I'm Agnostic. I was merely pointing out the entomology of the words that became "Hell". And yes, we are ALL going there unless Microsoft and/or Phyzer can come up with a youth serum in the near future. Damn, try to learn something, not just argue.

Learn something?

You're saying,, we are all are going to hell. I'm saying how do you know we have a set destination after we die? Are you sure your Agnostic? Last time I checked Agnostic truly means "having no gnosis".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

That's being judgmental and making a inaccurate and misinformed judgement based on your own limited perspective belief and fears.

And I hope you are not being judgmental yourself.
I don't think any of those things you mentioned applies to me, but I may have a bit of a bias, since it is me we are talking about right now, right?

Not being judgmental at all. Just telling you what is.
I can't change it nor do I care to judge it....much less you.

Troll thread.

edit on 4-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It sounds like you are missing "hell" by surviving and being here on earth. I would not want to be you after death. You already seem to know what's in store for you. I would think that would make you change.

You start out as a prophet who knows God's purpose with my life and then you go on to show that you know nothing about my life.

Regardless of what I sound like (and I think you are too easily swayed in the first place ~ Gods prophet? Puleeze! You are the one condemning people to hell) I am basing thoughts on information you provided.

You said you went to hell.
What makes you think next time you die it will be different?
Again, how is that telling you anything about your life?
I am telling you what you told me and assuming if it happened once it will happen again....provided you are not lying.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You do not need religion to worship God. You do not need religion to love Jesus Christ. Religion doesn't save anyone, Jesus saves.

Then who was he ? what did he do ? Did he stand aside and let his friends do anything to let them be forgiven in future ? Didn't he have any plan for lives in the future ? Or he was just a candy seller that was interested to let people to heaven anyway ?

IMO , he had plans , he brought instructions for life , he had told people what to do and what not to do.

But some people find it more interesting to agendalize their religion. I mean , bending their belief by their agendas in their life.
edit on 4/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

That wasn't your opening message though. Your attacking non-believers. People who will never give a hoot about hell.

Name the time you met some false prophet professing its ethical principles to go to hell???

You may have interpreted the OP as an attack on non-believers but that was not my intention and sorry if that was what you took from it and I meant those false prophets who you may not have yourself distinguished as such.
edit on 5-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

In the meanwhile shut the hell up already.

If you feel so strongly about that, then the title of the thread should have been enough to warn you not to read the thread.
This is a discussion forum where people can say what they think and everyone else is free to ignore posts by people they disagree with.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

favs include:
mozart = requium
flatt & scruggs - foggy mountain breakdown
iron maiden fantom of the opera
slayer angel of death
anything by julie fowles (she has the voice of an angel!)
jimi hendrix - little wing
johnny winter - papa john
all of this stuff should be avaliable on utube,check it out!

I'm listening to 'Ille Dhuinn, 's Toigh Leam Thu by julie fowles on YouTube and this is exactly the sort of music I am into. She seemed real familiar and I looked down the list and Hùg Air A' Bhonaid Mhòir is one I have seen before by her and is a really fun one for fans of mouth music type singing.
Here's a video by Siobhan Owen that I would recommend just because I like it and I sort of try to emulate an irish harp on my guitar.
Of course the real star of celtic harp is Cecile Corbel of Breton.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Just like saying,in so many religions,if you do not worship our God,we will kill you.
How hypocritical is that

Church and state is a bad combination for any religion and I am not endorsing that but a type of personal religion of being good yourself and doing good for others.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Can you please explain then, how it is you find yourself in the position to pass judgement on any religious belief (or disbelief)? You admit to not knowing a dogma of one of the largest religions in the world, yet I'm an anthiest and am quite familiar with Catholisism and YOUR "faith" as well.
I am simply unclear as to how one who is relatively ignorant on a subject can interject with such divisive surety.
I have heard the word, purgatory, before but usually in a sentence denouncing it as a false belief.
I am passing judgment on certain people in particular who have taken on the role of prophets on this forum teaching a philosophy of hating good works as anti-salvation and that true faith is believing God will accept you while actively engaging in sinful behavior.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Oh, and if all of us who deny the existence of the space buddy "God" are going to hell, can you tell me why it is Hell didn't exist in the Old Testament? Why, when King David killed the husband of a woman he wanted for himself, did he not fear the fires of hell? Where is hell BEFORE the Babylonian captivity? If you're going to tell me I'm going somewhere awful when I die it would be at least partially convincing if the book your using as backup was even mildly cohesive about the subject, yes?
Hell did exist in the OT but being written in a different language than the NT, it was called by a different name, Sheol. The fire part is a later addition and I am not saying anything about a fiery hell.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindSunGod

God is in each and every one of us. One must achieve "Christ Consciousness". Love and Light to you all.

Christ in you, the hope of glory.
God gives us the Christ spirit to live Christ.
This is religion, to be like God, holy and pure.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

A Bible dictionary is NOT the Bible JM. Can you tell us what the Bible says is "pure religion"? And how can any of us participate in the Lord's Supper? That happened in the upper room on the eve of His crucifixion. Are you confused? Did you mean a ritual as in communion? That doesn't save anyone, Christ said "this do IN REMEMBERANCE of me".

Religion is a word used in the NT, it is a translation from a Greek word and there are a couple forms of it and you can look it up in the lexicons available at various Bible web sites.
I think you would do well to break down and actually read the Bible instead of getting your theology from YouTube videos.
I Corinthians chapter 11 talks about it as a holy thing and something practiced regularly, a ritual if you like.
Acts 2:42 They were devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I also question which religion that is being referred to.

There are many.
Seems to be at least 43.
Which one is the "true " religion?
You decide.

www.religionfacts.com...

Notice Christians and Atheist are almost the same as far as members are concerned.

Christianity and Islam seem to be the only ones addressing or recognizing a "Hell".

That,in it's self tells me that those are not a true religion,but a pseudo- religion created to teach fear for the sole purpose of control of a specific group of people,don't you think?
Isn't that odd.
I'm guessing that you are asking me and what religion I am talking about.
What I was referring to are people who claim or present themselves on this forum as prophets and make claims about salvation and say silly things like salvation is only for sinners so anyone trying to be good are actually not going to be saved.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yes, I'm against people who worship religion and not the Living Savior.

I see you are now God in your own estimation.

Lol, WHAT??

Where the eff do you get this nonsense??

I've never said I'm God. Not once.
You are the anti-christ sitting in the temple, the man of sin claiming to be above everything which is holy.
You are taking the role reserved only to God to hate people who He judges to be wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Troll thread.
This sounds judgmental to me, calling me a troll.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Regardless of what I sound like (and I think you are too easily swayed in the first place ~ Gods prophet? Puleeze! You are the one condemning people to hell) I am basing thoughts on information you provided.

You said you went to hell.
What makes you think next time you die it will be different?
Again, how is that telling you anything about your life?
I am telling you what you told me and assuming if it happened once it will happen again....provided you are not lying.
You are making a lot of implications about me . . . and what is the purpose of all this . . . exactly?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

IMO , he had plans , he brought instructions for life , he had told people what to do and what not to do.

Right, and Jesus said, Heaven and Earth will pass away but my words will not.
He meant those things he said that were his retelling of the Law as he saw it the fundamental and the spiritual law of human behavior which we must abide.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Troll thread.
This sounds judgmental to me, calling me a troll.

I am willing to go to hell for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join