It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

even the christian point of view is based in the original gnostic teaching of jesus, who taught that while worshipping god was important, it was NOT the point of his teaching
I think Jesus was in a constant state of worship towards God. Jesus probably understood that not everyone could be like that exactly so he did not stress it so much as far as being a law but he told the Samaritan woman that the time was coming when all would worship God in spirit and in truth and I take that as meaning to have that spirit which comes from God that is true so we can worship God through being like Him, meaning holy.
I think we really need that kind of worship to make the world the sort of place we want to live in and not to blow it off while waiting around for the rapture or something.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lyrc07

DIDNT GOD SAY THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE!!!!!!!! casue thats what your doin, you have no idea where open minded people like me will go you only have speculation....

I wasn't saying anything about open minded people.
I was really trying to get at one version of a cult which may be nominally Christian.
I don't realize how many non-Christians might be looking at this sub-forum and reacting to the thread title because I mainly see Christian types posting here. I know from time to time there are more atheist type threads but those have seemed to have died down a bit lately but I suppose I should realize that a lot of different people will check to see if there are any new ones up to look at.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

That was rhetorical, BTW...

So, God hiding.
It probably depends on the individual.
I really don't understand the point of view you are proposing.
I see God as always present but that may be just me.
Everyone may be different.
As human beings I think there is a place for trying to be good and it is difficult and I have problems with my neighbors where i think they are psychopathic and how do you deal with something like that let's say they need some help one day and you think about how they wanted to kill you earlier.
I think this is where some sort of religion comes to play to help you get over that and do what has to be done.
You may have another way to deal with it that involves something you do not consider to be religion, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes, I'm against people who worship religion and not the Living Savior.

I see you are now God in your own estimation.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

There's no heaven buddy. There's no hell either. We're all human, we're all here to play a role, we all end up in the same place doing the same thing. I believe in reincarnation because it makes the most sense. It definitely makes more sense than having the choice between sitting on a cloud in the sky, or burning for ever under ground. like wtf?
Who or what controls all this reincarnation, then, just wondering and not trying to refute you, just figure out how you think it works.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hell is ego-maniacal posters who damn everyone who doesn't think or believe like they do. I'd be willing to bet that these very same ego-ists would slam/torment/troll Jesus if he was on this board. Just saying...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ooookay. Have you don't the requisite research into what "hell" is? The entomology of the word. From Greek and ancient Hebrew? That's Gehenna and Sheol. That means either the "grave" or the "pit". Where they actually burned dead bodies outside of the cities. That's the best they could do at the time to keep pestilence down. Catholicism came up with the fiery desolation for all time. Guess what. We are ALL going to "hell". Unless you can live forever.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I do not have anything against organized religion, the problem begins when people begin to enforce their beliefs upon one another, that is when it crosses the boundary. I mean, so many countless people throughout history have been mercilessly killed because of differing point of views. It is very sad.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by dilly1

We don't care so why would we be worried,,,hello!!!! Does that concept ever enter your ignorant mind???. Only people that care(or have blind faith) are scared silly of hell and gods wrath.

Hmm, maybe not.
Is that the answer you were looking for?
I think what I was aiming at was people who do care about hell and may be looking for a way to avoid it, but to watch out for people (presenting themselves as prophets of Christ) who seem completely oblivious to the fact that they may go to hell and consider that attitude as a virtue.

Well thank you for admitting your completely ignorant. I admire that. Says a whole lot about you,,,, well not really.

"People that do care about hell are trying to avoid it".....Well Duhh,,isnt that the point?

That wasn't your opening message though. Your attacking non-believers. People who will never give a hoot about hell.

Name the time you met some false prophet professing its ethical principles to go to hell???

The only one in a bubble is yourself.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

I do not have anything against organized religion, the problem begins when people begin to enforce their beliefs upon one another, that is when it crosses the boundary. I mean, so many countless people throughout history have been mercilessly killed because of differing point of views. It is very sad.

I do..

Organized religions do enforce their beliefs upon all of us at one point in time. Mainly when we are young and vulnerable.

Your right it is sad.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Like the old saying goes, " Its your hell, you go."

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Ooookay. Have you don't the requisite research into what "hell" is? The entomology of the word. From Greek and ancient Hebrew? That's Gehenna and Sheol. That means either the "grave" or the "pit". Where they actually burned dead bodies outside of the cities. That's the best they could do at the time to keep pestilence down. Catholicism came up with the fiery desolation for all time. Guess what. We are ALL going to "hell". Unless you can live forever.

Who are you talking to ? All of us?

Are you being sarcastic?

None of us are going any where when we die. No one knows for sure,,so why even predict a destination??

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Oh for crying out loud. You tend to your sins and I'll tend to mine. In the meanwhile shut the hell up already.
edit on 4-1-2012 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

good to see there is another artist/philosopher in the crowd!
been playing strings for about 30 years now,and studying world religions just as long!
from Mozart to blugrass and all the heavy metal & blues in between!
favs include:
mozart = requium
flatt & scruggs - foggy mountain breakdown
iron maiden fantom of the opera
slayer angel of death
anything by julie fowles (she has the voice of an angel!)
jimi hendrix - little wing
johnny winter - papa john
all of this stuff should be avaliable on utube,check it out!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have always had a problem with people saying we must worship God or go to hell.
I would think a true God would be just fine the what he created lived their lives in a productive respectful ways towards their fellow humans.
Worshiping a God is the likes of fearmongering that religions use to control us.

Just like saying,in so many religions,if you do not worship our God,we will kill you.
How hypocritical is that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by InsideYourMind

To me that sounds like pergatory.

I've never had a clear understanding of what a purgatory would be like seeing how I was pretty much isolated from any of those concepts. What I imagined when I was in there that this was a place where you waited for judgment.

Can you please explain then, how it is you find yourself in the position to pass judgement on any religious belief (or disbelief)? You admit to not knowing a dogma of one of the largest religions in the world, yet I'm an anthiest and am quite familiar with Catholisism and YOUR "faith" as well.
I am simply unclear as to how one who is relatively ignorant on a subject can interject with such divisive surety.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
Who are you talking to ? All of us?

Are you being sarcastic?

None of us are going any where when we die. No one knows for sure,,so why even predict a destination??

Draw your horns in. I'm Agnostic. I was merely pointing out the entomology of the words that became "Hell". And yes, we are ALL going there unless Microsoft and/or Phyzer can come up with a youth serum in the near future. Damn, try to learn something, not just argue.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Oh, and if all of us who deny the existence of the space buddy "God" are going to hell, can you tell me why it is Hell didn't exist in the Old Testament? Why, when King David killed the husband of a woman he wanted for himself, did he not fear the fires of hell? Where is hell BEFORE the Babylonian captivity? If you're going to tell me I'm going somewhere awful when I die it would be at least partially convincing if the book your using as backup was even mildly cohesive about the subject, yes?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
God is in each and every one of us. One must achieve "Christ Consciousness". Love and Light to you all.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

I reject the SECULAR definition of religion. Not the Biblical one. Jesus saves, not rituals and religion.
I got this from the Bible dictionary definition, you may want to give that a try.
And you may want to read the New Testament about rituals as in the Lord's Supper.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

A Bible dictionary is NOT the Bible JM. Can you tell us what the Bible says is "pure religion"? And how can any of us participate in the Lord's Supper? That happened in the upper room on the eve of His crucifixion. Are you confused? Did you mean a ritual as in communion? That doesn't save anyone, Christ said "this do IN REMEMBERANCE of me".

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join