It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Say They Are Against Religion Are Going to Hell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

So you were raised SDA? Have you kept the spirit which is so common in that church? I know that spirit, for I was a member of that church/cult (depending on your point of view) for some years. The spirit of which I speak is the spirit of legalism and judgmentalism.

A sense or right and wrong, if that is what you mean.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Your god is not the ONLY way.

I did try really hard for a long time to see it your way but I think it is wrong.
My God IS the only way, meaning Jesus of course.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

I believe in God but in a spiritual way. Hell only excists for those who believe in it. And heaven... God gave us heaven, we just turned it into (hell)

God has to be understood spiritually and that includes having a spirit from God to indwell us and I believe that comes from Jesus.
You may not think so but even if you don't, it comes from him anyway, that's my opinion.
I really did not start this thread to bash your beliefs and I think you are normal enough and I don't feel like attacking you and I wish you well.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

And where did you pull that bs from??? Just because i dont believe in your delusional religion, does not mean i hate God. Not that i believe there is a God....

Religion is nothing more than something that was invented by humans ages ago to control your behaviour/morals. It is outdated and have no use in todays society with law enforcement.
But sadly people like you will never realize this fact
I was not trying to go after non-believers. I was talking to people who might come on this forum to see what Christians think about religion and run into people who have avatars which seem to indicate they are Christian, spouting off opinions about everything under the sun but underneath is is evil intent to lure regular Christians away from their religion into a darkness of evil, in my opinion. The evil is what their real message is, that God countenances evil and accepts evil in His presence

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Touché. We are free to believe, or not, as we wish. I'm glad you saw the funny side of it though.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by vogon42

Your god is not the ONLY way.

I did try really hard for a long time to see it your way but I think it is wrong.
edit on 4-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Then I guess we have to agree to disagree. You walk your path, and I will walk mine.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Religion is worshiping God.
Anyone who says they are against religion is against God, and have some sort of hatred towards God and want to create an illusion for themselves that they can hide from God in a bubble to where inside this bubble they are invisible to God and can do whatever they want and they will be protected from any punishment.
In fact, such people believe that their sins have been transferred to another person to take that punishment for them, on an individual bases, meaning a personal salvation, just for them, in this delusional world which they have created for themselves.
edit on 3-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Even if you did not mean it that way, it does seem like a troll thread,
jmdewey60. Unlike what you may think, there are many Gods and Goddesses to choose from, (All Avatars) and the worship and devotion to just one does not give you any special treatment, or make you "a chosen one," or a "Prophet of God." I sincerely hope the God you speak of is not Yahweh ?
Supporting Link
Have you researched your God, and his so called Book?
Here, allow me to help you out:

Many Gods on Earth

The Gnosis Archive

Son Worship or Sun Worship? - Constantine legalises Christianity

10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

Bible Contradictions List

The Origins of Christianity

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Even if you did not mean it that way, it does seem like a troll thread,
jmdewey60. Unlike what you may think, there are many Gods and Goddesses to choose from, (All Avatars) and the worship and devotion to just one does not give you any special treatment, or make you "a chosen one," or a "Prophet of God." I sincerely hope the God you speak of is not Yahweh ?

I had to look that up and I found one definition for a "troll thread" which is something started with the purpose of being annoying instead of informative. I don't think that was my intention. I do want to be informative but I do realize two or three people will be annoyed but that is just too bad because they should stop being annoying them own selves.
Anyway I think Jesus became YHWH and died, signifying the end of that era.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Let me put this in man's terms for you. If you are criminal what is the only way to Freedom or jail, the judge. Do you have to believe in the judge to be judged? No but you will be judged if you believe or not.

All of creation is under Christ. No one will go to the father except by Jesus. Weather one believes in him or not he is the judge. To put yourself on the judge’s seat and decide that someone is going to heaven and hell is making yourself equal to Christ. You by acting as judge have become a false Christ. You do not know if an unbeliever will go to heaven or hell. The bible does not ever say that someone that refuses to believe in Christ will go to hell.

On the contrary Jesus himself says that if someone speaks against the son of man they will be forgiven. However if someone speaks against the Holy Spirit they will not be forgiven. Jesus also tells the apostles if anyone refuses their message to dust off their feet and walk away. He does imply that the Day of Judgment will not go well for those people but he does not say they will go to hell or cast into the lake of fire.

The only people that the bible clearly states will go to hell are people in the habitual habit of willful sin. They are the ones that are in jeopardy of the lake of fire, the second death. As for defining what exactly habitual sin or willful sin is I don’t claim to know what God’s definition is so I leave all judgment to him.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Anyone who says they are against religion is against God, and have some sort of hatred towards God and want to create an illusion for themselves that they can hide from God in a bubble to where inside this bubble they are invisible to God and can do whatever they want and they will be protected from any punishment.
In fact, such people believe that their sins have been transferred to another person to take that punishment for them, on an individual bases, meaning a personal salvation, just for them, in this delusional world which they have created for themselves.

So much wrong in that post but a picture speaks a 1000 words.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Sounds like you created a thread to reassure your blind faith in god. Feeling lonely??Which god are you talking about ? Christian god, muslim god,krishna god, Buddha god or pagan god???

And why would any sane logical person would(want to) worship anything and give a hoot of(the supposed) consequences of not worshiping any god. You do understand people who don't believe in any god don't care about any hell or being scared of being dammed. We don't care so why would we be worried,,,hello!!!! Does that concept ever enter your ignorant mind???. Only people that care(or have blind faith) are scared silly of hell and gods wrath.

We don't care about salvation and we don't care for forgiveness. Get over it

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Isn't that exactly what your religion does? Didn't that christ dude die for your sins?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well if all of our wonderful leaders whom only have all of our best interests at heart have a chance of going to heaven, then i will gladly go to hell. I am against religion because of what it does to people, it devides and conquers and anything that does that is not good.

I think god if there is/was such a thing would know this already and as he/she/it would know each of our intentions. People like you are really sad and lack the intelligence to see outside of what you are told, that is your choice, enjoy it.

I think you are just trolling personally.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

Isn't that exactly what your religion does? Didn't that christ dude die for your sins?

Oh no, actually he believes christ is god.

I thought he was the son of god. Guess I'm wrong. That does bring up some questions. If Jesus is god, and jesus died....then there is no god.

We know christianity does NOT believe in reincarnation.

OOPS....whats that, OK, reincarnation is OK for this ONE instance.

That would be like saying cannibalism is wrong, but then having people symbolically eat someones flesh, and drink their blood.

OOPS, again, its ok for the christains to do this because, uh....well just because it is.
edit on 4-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Just to bring you up to speed...

Hell did not exist - except in the pagan faith of Mithra - until the Catholics brought it back. They brought it back during the Council of Nicaea and the resulting Ecumenical Councils that followed, all of which where commissioned and sanctioned by the Pagan Emperor Constantine. It has been common practice through the entire history of the world for a new religion to adopt elements of the former religions in order to make conversion less of a shock and more palatable. You do not have to believe me, I am just telling you how it is since no one in the public school system will ever reveal this to you.

I, in my last life, was a NAZI. I know this as surely as I know my way to work. In this life I am working off a karmic debt. And this post is a very small part of it. I don't want to come back as a dung beetle next time. So cheer up, but get it right.

BTW, handing out bus rides to hell cannot be considered right, by any stretch of the imagination.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

You're point? The people who are against religion DON'T BELIEVE IN HELL. In fact some that DO have a religion don't believe in such things.

What point exactly are you trying to make here?

I believe what he's trying to say is... Christianity is a religion, but if you ask "non demoms" you will hear... "I dont believe in religion.. religion is evil.. it's something man made up". So telling anyone who is non denominational that they believe in religion, is like telling the milk man that he delivers mail.

Some "Religions" do not like calling what they believe in a "Religion", even though it is defined as such.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

The bible does not ever say that someone that refuses to believe in Christ will go to hell.

Ah, but Jesus says he who opposses him is anti-christ. If you do not submit then you oppose and we can skip to Revelation and find out what happens to those who oppose him. In fact Revelation doesn't say Christ is the judge, the Saints are the judges. He also has alot to say about false prophets as well and you know this.

The Sanhedrin that tried Jesus after Nicodemus testified to Jesus miracles they said that Jesus had an unclean spirit in him and that he cast out devils with the help of Be'elzebub in effect calling the Holy Spirit the destroyer and thats blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Sounds like someone shoved some facts in your face applied with COMMON SENSE and now you're pissed off at the world.

You dont actually know if there IS a god.

I dont know if there actually ISNT a god.

Either way, no one has seen him/her/it, so as per the moment, there is no god.

What illusion are you referring to? I wake up every morning HAPPY.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Touché. We are free to believe, or not, as we wish. I'm glad you saw the funny side of it though.

This is the nature of the free will covenant. Man is allowed to do whatever he wishes, but there are consequences that must be paid for every action or inaction. Sometimes it is referred to an karma, in the jewish and christian beliefs it is call "reaping what you sew".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thank you for the help. Now let me help you and all of my brothers who are easily swayed by fine sounding arguments.

Religions that supposedly predate Christianity Answer.

Earliest known Buddhist text post date Christ. www.buddhanet.net... We have no evidence that Buddhist teachings that are similar to Christ are not actually the stories of Christ that were heard, possibly even through eye witness, and then retold and adopted into the Buddhist religion.

As for any other religious text other than the ones carved in stone in Egypt there are no texts that are available for any religion that predates Christ.

To claim that Buddhism, Hinduism, Greek Mythology predate Christ is correct. However we simply have no archeological evidence that suggest that any of these religions, in their current form predates Christ.

It is just as easy for me to say that the other religions adopted Christ into their religions. This is what I personally believe. Christ was a healer and profit and this news and his stories would have been so widely spread that nearly everyone would have heard the stories. Since his teachings and his message were so powerful it is not hard to imagine other religions adopted his teachings.

It is highly likely that every major religion from that area and that period adopted the teaching of Christ. In this way everyone is following God’s teaching and all teaching leads to Christ. It is this understanding that brings me to understand that the bible is indeed the inspired word of God.

As for your claim of sun worship.

The Catholic Church basically adopted every major Pagan Holiday into the Catholic Religion, thus making the Catholic Religion Pagan. Just because the Catholic Church teaches Paganism alongside the bible does not mean the bible teaches Paganism.

Here is the answer for your bible contradictions. I have added another link with even more answers to even more supposed contradictions.
www.tektonics.org...
www.philvaz.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join