It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French ban on Islamic face veil comes into force

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Well, that would be horrid, as I live in one of the most harsh environments in the World. Yes, Canada is that bad at times.

Although I'm sure I'd look stunning in a Sarong.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What about the the school children who have no choice?

I do not support burqa bans for adults, but veil for children needs to be banned, IMHO. An adult person may choose whatever to wear, but children cannot give informed consent, and they can be easily forced by their parents, irregardless of their own opinion. There is plenty of time to wear it when grown up, if someone wants to.

This should not apply only to burqa, but any such crazy, limiting or humiliating clothing. Let the children be children.
edit on 14/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thankfully it's just those rotten Muslim men telling women what to do not you! Your statement here is actually 'People should always be afraid, and should be ruled through their fears, and fears of one another'

Sorry, but that is a funny line.

It is just those rotten extremists telling women what to do.

Are you telling me I do not have the right to oppose something that I find offensive, that I do not think I, or others, should have to be exposed to against our will? What makes you think you have the right to tell others what I should have to endure.

If a majority of people find something offensive, they have the right to make laws against those things.

Probably more people think they should have the right to have sex with children, than women think they should have the right to wear a burqa, but that doesn't mean we should get rid of the laws against pedophilia. People find pedophilia offensive, even if the child is willing, and they are justified in making the practice illegal. There are justifiable reasons to ban people from doing certain things.

People should always face reality, which is something you fail to do.

A woman shouldn't be allowed to get on a plane with her face covered, any more than she should be allowed to get on the plane naked, because both are offensive, and have considerable potential for harm.

I don't get to decide what the laws are, I can only put out my opinion. It is the majority who decides what is or is not publicly acceptable, as it should be. Laws that restrict people's behavior are a necessary component of the civilized world.

What is with your whole constant preoccupation with fear. Is fear the only thing that motivates you? I am against the burqa because I find it offensive for numerous reasons. Just because one is offended by something, doesn't mean they are afraid of it. I am offended by obnoxious displays, but I an not afraid of them.

What are you thinking here, stoning her, beheading her, oh great protector of women and freedom!

Why that depends upon how good she looks naked, don't get ridiculous now. Oops. too late.

Because that same man isn't really naked underneath his clothes?

Umm, you are really not getting the whole naked concept.

While there are many women I would love to see naked, that I would pay to see naked, and of course occasionally do, the rest, I do not want to see uncovered.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Ha ha, nice story eh. At least it had a happy ending.
Listen pal, women get leered at, groped and propositioned all over the world.

I don`t buy that line that muslims are some how beastly. I`ve been to the states, you can`t move for strip joints and titty bars.

If you choose not to visit Arab countries thats your choice, but remember millions of westerners travel
to Arab countries every year. They love the muslim/Arab societies so much that millions more have moved there permanently.

You can`t get a better endorsement of a country.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
reply to post by 23432

Well, that would be horrid, as I live in one of the most harsh environments in the World. Yes, Canada is that bad at times.

Although I'm sure I'd look stunning in a Sarong.

Lumberjack jacket and a Sarong .

That would be a look worth looking but you are still avoiding to give an answer to a question .

Does anyone have a right to tell you that you can never wear trousers ?

Would you accept such an order from ANYONE ?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

For the record , as a man , I believe it is not my place to tell any adult what to wear and this includes your naked idiot as well as the ninja like sisters in burqa .

Phhhh,
, yeah, sure you are comfortable with nudity, Naked idiot verses ninja sister. Nope, no bias there.

More accurately is the point that anyone who can only go out in public when completely covered from head to toe is suffering from a serious psychosis, that should not be encouraged, but instead be treated for just what it is. Most likely this psychosis is cause by years of abuse.

There is probably a phobia named for this type of psychosis.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It really is all about the age of consent.

Believe it or not the Catholic Church still has the age of consent set at 13 for places in Africa and the Third World.

Personally I don't feel people make fully 'mature' decisions until they are 26 when their full frontal lobes are finally fully formed.

So from a purely scientific standpoint we do let young people make some hard decisions up to and including going to war for their country and getting married way before they are really best served by those decisions.

Yet it should be about personal choice, and honestly what you find offensive is just your personal choice to be offended.

It can't offend you unless you want to be.

So you really are arguing for people giving greater consideration to your sensibilities than you want to give theirs.

I don't really subsribe to the whole majority rule though, because the pivotal moments in societies is always when one person bucks the majority or the system, whether it was was Caesar, Jesus, William Marshall, or Thomas Jefferson, these were not people of the majority, but progressives and trail blazers who realized there was no way to break the status quo of a majority arrived at their opinions and conclusions through societal constructs that they wanted to change.

If the majoriity is frightened over a boogie man and want to live in fear, that's no reason for me too.

If the majority want the fish special that's no reason for me to not have the beef.

The truth is there is no majority in our societies that people keep referring to because there is only one congress person for every 600,000 Americans deciding all by himself how he is going to vote, and often just one President for 400,000 million people decreeing some laws.

There is absolutely no majority there just a small priveleged class of people selected to lord over society and to convince them that what ever they decide the majority wants.

Nothing could be further from the truth often the majority doesn't want it and has no recourse other than to ignore the will of the majority.

Simple, fair and just laws, evenly applied will take all your security concerns out the window.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saracen1
I don`t buy that line that muslims are some how beastly. I`ve been to the states, you can`t move for strip joints and titty bars.

Except that in the West, it is everyone's choice - patrons and performers - whether or not to be in a strip club.

And also interesting that the credit card receipts from the muslim terrorists they have caught show that they love to go to strip clubs once they get to the U.S. In their minds, it must really beat the alternatives in their home countries - burqas (or "girls" that say "baaaaaa"). Is that what you meant by "beastly"?

source

Thursday, March 04, 2010 Mohamed Atta and his Crew frequented the Cheeteh in Sarasota and several of the hijackers – including reputed ringleader Mohamed Atta – spent $200 to $300 each on lap dances at the Pink Pony strip club in Dayton Beach Fl. Fort Hood Mass Murderer Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan came into the Starz strip

edit on 4/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

National phone line for abused women & children can deal with those who are forced and police can bring criminal charges against them .

No, they can't, and you know it. What is evident is that you don't give a squat about the rights of women or girls. The ideas you present consistently show this.

You see the ban of the burqa as the beginning of laws that will take away the tools you think should be used to oppress women.

The only women who choose to wear the burqa are women who have developed a psychosis. It is very destructive behavior. It is no different than the men who grow up with abusive fathers who then go on to marry abusive men. The cycle continues.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by 23432

For the record , as a man , I believe it is not my place to tell any adult what to wear and this includes your naked idiot as well as the ninja like sisters in burqa .

Phhhh,
, yeah, sure you are comfortable with nudity, Naked idiot verses ninja sister. Nope, no bias there.

More accurately is the point that anyone who can only go out in public when completely covered from head to toe is suffering from a serious psychosis, that should not be encouraged, but instead be treated for just what it is. Most likely this psychosis is cause by years of abuse.

Lets test this theory out...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/985620a64869.jpg[/atsimg]

Here we have world reknowned pop star Cher covered from head to toe out in public.

Now did Sonny Bono cause this, or Greg Allman or the two of them?

Or could there be some other explanation?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Phhhh,

It is personal choice , isn't it ? Doesn't it always boil down to that ?
I worked at Club Med wen I was 17 . You know what club Med was famous for ?

I am as comfortable with naked man and woman as I am with burqa ; in both cases I look away from the individual who made their choice in garments .
Also at uni , I have studied Fine Arts and as part of the course we had to draw nude models too .

In a desert environment , burqa is actually rather good because suns rays stings you like hell .

You know burqa is pre-islamic and also not just an Arab practice .

People who do not want to be seen for one reason or the other , can't you just respect these people's choice ?

If they offend your eyes , can't you just look away so as to show human respect to another human ?

You sound really intolerant .

edit on 14-4-2011 by 23432 because: add

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

How about Cher was on her way to do a concert in Riyahd, or even some U.S. base located in a muslim country and so she had to travel that way so as to not offend her "hosts" and end up in jail?

Yes, that would also make sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The only women who choose to wear the burqa are women who have developed a psychosis. It is very destructive behavior.

You need to back this up with hard data , you know the ATS motto , Deny Ignorance ?

second line

edit on 14-4-2011 by 23432 because: a

edit on 14-4-2011 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

How about Cher was on her way to do a concert in Riyahd, or even some U.S. base located in a muslim country and so she had to travel that way so as to not offend her "hosts" and end up in jail?

Yes, that would also make sense.

Or it was an unusually cold day on Rodeo Drive on Beverly Hills where Cher was shopping, which happens to be the case.

As the sincere and much more serious poster above states, sometimes clothes like burkas have a practical application when it comes to dealing with hot and cold environments and are multi-functional in that regard.

I wear a lot of loose fittings silks and linens to deal with the Miami heat, I rarely sweat and have had quite a few people dressed in traditional business garb while working outside with them in the heat looking at me with daggers in their eyes because I wasn't perspiring a bit and they were sweating like turks.

Arguments for or against the Burka in France really ought to be focused on France and not the standards that other nations set that you decry.

In reality all you are doing is arguing for the same kind of intollerance towards others that suits you, while arguing against the very same behavior when it doesn't.

Makes you look no different than the people you decry.

Pretty simple.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It really is all about the age of consent.

What about the age of 5? or 9? People use the same arguments you are using to justify what they feel is their right to have sex with young children. They claim it is not psychologically damaging, and that they are just misunderstood by society, and that their rights are being abused, blah blah blah.

I am bucking the system, which you are unknowingly supporting, by fighting against the political correct nonsense that claims that I should not speak out against abusive customs like forcing women to completely cover themselves, forcing them to always wear head covering, because I must respect their barbaric religious beliefs. You are the one blindly going along with the plans of the PTB by pretending that wearing a burqa is not oppressive to women.

You want to pretend that there is no problem in Europe with Muslims, and the wearing of the burqa, but obviously there is. The French have a conservative Prime Minister because he spoke out for the need to take action against Muslim aggression.

Democracy in only a terrible form of government, until one considers the alternative.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

, yeah, Cher clearly has problems with showing her face in public scantily dressed?

Can't be because she is cold.

You got me laughing, that is for sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

everyones choice to strip eh?
Is that why tens of thousands of women/girls and children are traffiked into the west every year?
Kiddy fiddlers are everywhere in the west, they even have their own advocacy groups.

North American man/boy love association (NAMBLA)
Is this what your western morality is all about?
Truly sickening man!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by nightbringr

Ha ha, nice story eh. At least it had a happy ending.
Listen pal, women get leered at, groped and propositioned all over the world.

If you choose not to visit Arab countries thats your choice, but remember millions of westerners travel
to Arab countries every year. They love the muslim/Arab societies so much that millions more have moved there permanently.

You can`t get a better endorsement of a country.

Yes it did have a happy ending, i got the hell out of Eqypt.

It does happen in the Western world too, but never once has it happened like it did over there over the course of a few hours. It was enough to convince me of the disrespect many (not all), Arabs heap on women.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

everyones choice to strip eh?
Is that why tens of thousands of women/girls and children are traffiked into the west every year?
Kiddy fiddlers are everywhere in the west, they even have their own advocacy groups.

North American man/boy love association (NAMBLA)
Is this what your western morality is all about?
Truly sickening man!

Before you down this path check few things pls .

East is not different in this respect and you should also know it .

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The oxymoronically titled 'Religion of Peace' has declared a jihad on France in response to the veil ban

Jihadists declare ' War on France' for face veil ban'

NICOSIA:

Members of Arabic language jihadist forums have called for war on France over its ban on niqabs, a US-based web service said on Wednesday.

The draconian new law, the first to be enforced in Europe, went into effect on Monday. Wearing the niqab or burka, a head-to-toe body covering, is now banned in the street, public gardens, shops and government buildings.

In messages on a number of threads, “contributors posted calls to punish France for what was perceived as an anti-Islamic law,” including calls for al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb to “carry out operations to ‘deter’ France.”

One exchange on Monday called for “members to declare war against France,” while another expressed hope that “al Qaeda has dispatched operatives to France to attack the country.”

www.dailytimes.com.pk...414story_14-4-2011_pg7_6

More headlines featuring the Religion of Peace :

April 14, 2011
Islamic cleric says it is permissible to spill blood of Iraqi Christians, and a duty to wage jihad against them

Pakistan: Blasphemy vigilantes kill exonerated man

Democracy on the march: Christians begin to flee Egypt

April 14

Egypt Daily News reported on Tuesday that “lawyers who specialize in working with Coptic Egyptians…say that in the past few weeks they have received hundreds of calls from Copts wanting to leave Egypt.”

“They are insisting on leaving Egypt because the risks of staying here are too great,” Naguib Gabriel, a Coptic human rights lawyer, told Egypt Daily News. “Many Christians are afraid of the future because of the fanatics in the mosques.”

At least 20 Christians have been killed in sectarian violence with Muslims since Mubarak’s ouster. And groups like the Muslim Brotherhood have been taking an increasingly visible role in forming Egypt’s next government.

Bosnian Serb leader accuses international community of helping Muslim Bosniaks create an Islamic state

Associated Press, April 13

as Western leaders rush to profess their abhorrence at what one American did to one inanimate book, let's take a quick look at what many Muslims are doing to many living and breathing Christians around the Islamic world—to virtually no media coverage or Western condemnation:

•Afghanistan: A Muslim convert to Christianity was seized and, according to sharia's apostasy laws, awaits execution.

•Bangladesh: A Christian man was arrested for distributing Bibles near Muslims. Since Wednesday, thousands of Muslims have been rioting, injuring dozens—not because of Jones, but in protestation of women's rights.

•Egypt: A Muslim mob burned down another Coptic church and dozens of Christian homes; when Christians protested, the military opened fire on them while crying "Allahu Akbar," killing nine. Another mob cut a Christian man's ear off "according to sharia."

•Ethiopia: Muslims went on a rampage burning down nearly 70 churches, killing at least one Christian, and dislocating as many as 10,000. Christians living in Muslim majority regions are being warned to either convert to Islam, abandon their homes, or die.

•Malaysia: Authorities detained and desecrated thousands of Bibles.

•Pakistan: Two Christians were shot to death as they exited church; a Christian serving life in prison for "blasphemy" died in his cell under suspicions of murder.

•Saudi Arabia: An Eritrean Christian has been arrested for sharing his faith with Muslims and is facing the death penalty; other missionaries continue to languish in Saudi prisons.

•Somalia and Sudan: Christian girls—including a mother of four—were recently abducted, raped, and killed for embracing Christianity.

Los Angeles Deputy Police Chief sees growing threat of Mumbai-style jihad attack

"For the Los Angeles Police Department, the top priority is countering violent, ideological extremism from several Muslim communities in the region made up of diaspora from Yemen, Libya, Egypt, Somalia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and elsewhere." Good thing the U.S. is importing all these people, eh?

Today's death threat: "my Intention to Physically Slaughter you"

NY State Senator who held terror hearings gets package from "defender of Islam" calling him "Dead Man Walking"

Nigeria: 1,000 Muslims attack Christian village: "Almost every home in the village was destroyed, and some elderly people were reported to have been burnt to death in their homes"

Jihad leader slams good will gesture between India and Pakistan, vows continued jihad

Italy: Muslim father slits daughter's throat 28 times to "uphold family honor"

And so much more:

www.jihadwatch.org...

edit on 14-4-2011 by Dock9 because: correction

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join