It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TSer78

I would rather you say what you mean and mean what you say. I am all for someone having their own opinion and expressing it, as long as it is done in a civilized manner. Many on this thread and other such themed threads give heated, uncivilized hateful posts, and then expect to be respected. There are far too many sensitive posters on both sides who react in an unfair manner when confronted with an opposing point of view. I am one of those people who can have a calm rational discussion with someone who disagrees with me. It's when the name calling starts that I tend to stop listening to anything they have to say.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i have to be honest. i do not want my "rights' from "you". 50% of marriages end in divorce so i don't want't your traditional marriage crap. keep it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i wish that i was able to tell you that being gay is a choice. in a way, it is. i have chosen to act on my natural impulses and have chosen to live my life with a man rather than a woman. i have many women friends that appreciate what i can bring to our friendship. i love them and they love me. i choose to buy a house, buy a car, buy groceries, adopt 4 cats, and pay taxes with a man, rather than a woman. do you want to pay my taxes? my taxes pay for your kid to go to a local school. has your marriage ended in a divorce? chances are that it has. are you better than me? what angers you about me so much? if my parents can love me then why can't you?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinmc

I am just curious. Does the entire straight community have to accept and love gay people before you will be happy? Or would you just be satisified to get the rights you seek?

Edit--hey does this make me gay curious

[edit on 12-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i responded the way i did because you cant throw religion in with homosexuals, the two dont mix, the homosexuals are responsible for the disesease known as aids because of the commandment called no fornication. since a guy had sex with another guy it was fornication setting the worst disease known to man across the earth. no response i thought so. dont go battin for people that spread diseases like aids because of their fornication. they can all rot in hell even though im sure god wants them to just stop being homosexual, instead of burning in hell

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jay.mo
i responded the way i did because you cant throw religion in with homosexuals, the two dont mix, the homosexuals are responsible for the disesease known as aids because of the commandment called no fornication. since a guy had sex with another guy it was fornication setting the worst disease known to man across the earth. no response i thought so. dont go battin for people that spread diseases like aids because of their fornication. they can all rot in hell even though im sure god wants them to just stop being homosexual, instead of burning in hell

Wow, congrats on the quality post. I think I will add the "Deny Ignorance" on my avatar tonight.

I bet you have some bible quotes to enlighten us.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

You spout out such hateful speech and you call yourself a Christian??? I'm absolutely speechless. Please, for the sake of the rest of the human race, tell me you're not procreating! You make Judas look like a nice guy! And what are you doing on ATS? The motto is 'Deny Ignorance' not 'Apply Ignorance'! Sad... so very sad

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
like i said in the other post about gayness

i dont think its the gay movement people are against

i think its a certain stereotype that people are against

one that has been filled by many gays in the public eye

gays who are respectable, respectful, mature, compassionate, and normal are fine

people are frustrated with the "bruno stereotype"

and unfortunately for the past couple decades theres a overabundance of those who fit either the bruno stereotype

or those who are extremists in your face gays

and its too bad, because just because the majority of gays in the public eye are that way, does not mean the majority of gays are that way, and those extremist gays are the ones who ruin it for the rest

if gays really wanted equality, then the better gays should stand up and shut these bruno type and fashion idiotic fools on tv the hell up

if it wasnt for the flamboyant immature extremist gays, i truly doubt it would be this hard for them to achieve the equality they say they want

and thats my problem with the gay movement, not because they want to be able to be gay, but that they wish to force themselves upon the rest of us who are sick of seeing it, sick of dealing with it, and sick of being subjected to it on the whole

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Jaxon, in the opening where you talk about what to teach your kids... that was brilliant, better parenting than most heterosexual couples haha!

And for the religious who think Sodom was destroyed because of gays, sexual had nothing to do with it, it was because they wanted to RAPE AN ANGEL! Wrong no matter whether you are a man or woman!!

Originally posted by Sundancer
Hell 30 percent of the population hates me because I'm blonde, skinny and I have big boobs.

Im guessing that 30% is 100% women

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jay.mo

wow you gotta get outta the darkages with that ANCIENT brain you seem to have. lmao.

And aids is not the worst disease known to man, there many worst and many more deadly diseases.

No one is going to burn in hell. If anyone is going to hell its going to be you prejudice DISGUSTING bigots. I guarantee god DOES NOT accept you guys, not matter how much you think he does.

I bet he accepts the average gay person more than a hateful, angry, spiteful, disgusting, vile, lonely, horrible person, bigot.

And do you even know where aids came from? lol do some research for christ sakes man, stop thumping your bible for just maybe 5 MINUTES and do some RESEARCH!

gay people didn't "invent" aids or anything lol.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeah_Right
Mod Edit: Offensive Quote removed - cheers, Alien

I'm straight and I'm not helping mankind at all with my sex either. lol. Well I guess I am because we have a kid, but other than that EVERY SINGLE TIME we have sex its just for fun and just to get off. It only took having sex with my wife once while she was ovulating to get her pregnant. So technically we have only had sex to "help mankind" one single time lol. All the other thousands of times have been just to get off. And shes pregnant again now, but that didn't take much either.

Anyone who acts like they only bang to make babies is a idiot. Everyone enjoys sex. And if you don't you are probably a miserable person.

You guys are just using this "helping mankind" thing as another exucse to hate gays. I know none of you really care about "mankind". I know I could care less about "mankind". having a couple kids is not reallying helping "mankind" at all lol.

and you might want to edit out the "curse" words in your post, just telling you, because the mods might warn you. I don't know if you can say that kind of stuff on here.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by alien]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Great thread, S&F for the TS.
I wish more people would people would stand up for what they truly believe in and what's truly theirs. And that's inalienable rights, including the pursuit of happiness.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Wow... he also said Go and SIN no more. and he instructed His Apostles through the Holy Spirit to speak out against Homosexualality as sin. He commended marriage but never unions. In fact without Marriage man/woman only. One cannot even have sex.

So could you quit trying to prove the Bible says something it doesn't... your over your head when you do.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
NEVERMINDO!!!! SOWWY!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Those quotes from the Bible are the same ones I use frequently on here. Funny still how these pseudo-christians can't even make an effort to delve at any meaningful depth into their own scriptures.

Like not judging others, people won't give that up any time soon, too much fun!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Cue Standard Mod Speech

Hi People,

Just a polite request to:

a)keep it on-topic

b)keep it focussed on the post - not the poster

c)keep a bit of a lid on some of the language and snidey sidejabs at eachother.

I know that this is quite a hot topic to discuss/debate...but we can all do so without getting narky or nasty about it.

As you may see there have already been a few Warns/Edits made on some posts/posters...and even a Ban.

So lets keep it clean people.

Cheers,
ALIEN
ATS SuperMod

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Poeple can choose some thing and some things they cant choose. I believe you cant choose to be gay you are. So explaining to your children about a gay couple is harder then you think. I choose a reglion but i dont choose me sexual preference. Now with that said that doesnt make me more of a human because i like girls. explaining to a child that the man and the man kiss because they are gay is fine with me. then i would tell them that god make them that way.

If i were christian it would be harder and a moron o i mean mormon then if would be inpossible because the reglion doesnt except it. How can we embrace something most of us are told is wrong. I dont care really it is what it is. i cant pass judgement on for something that is yours. But explaining it like its the great gift is stupid and ignorant. thats not a gift it not a course but its not a great thing to show off.

Not gay bashing, its just another way divine power has differed us. thats how i look at it. the are different from my and at the same time we are the same thats how explain it to my kids.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
People will act the way they want.

You don't want people to look down on you for being who you are, but you are oppose to people for being who they are.

Some people don't like gays, thats life.

Be glad you live in a country where you are allowed to be openly gay.

I could care less if you enjoy being with someone of the same sex. I do care about gays getting pissed off because someone doesn't approve of them and then interrupting a church service to make out on the pew.

All of you may not act like this, but they are the ones getting the coverage. You want public opinion to change then you might want to reign in those who cast a negative light on your movement.

You want gay people to change and not make such displays in the public eye, you might want to reign in those homophobic Nazi right-wing extremists we see every day.

You see how your post makes no sense? It's not a club, we don't all know each other. We can't send an email around and tell people to tone it down a bit.
Just as you can;t control any other person.

And OP, great post!

But alas, it'll never change. You can't convince people to be intelligent and moral just by talking to them. They don't understand common sense (clearly).
Their intelligence level is obviously far below average, otherwise they would understand the arrogance of their opinions.

Just like the sexist, racist and homophobic before them, they believe with all their heart that they have the right to restrict other people, control their lives and issue instructions and orders.
They are the kinds of people who become dictators when they are given power, they are the nasty manager no one wants to work for, they are the traffic cop pulling over black people for no reason, they are the Police officers using anti-terror laws to stop you from voicing your opinion, they are the politician creating laws and removing rights based on their own religious belief...

"I believe in freedom and liberty for all... as long as you abide by my rules"

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join