It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

If I remember right (it's been a few decades) Sodom and Gomorra were destroyed for that whole angel raping thing.

And to the base question of this thread, what gives you the right to impose your religion on me in a country where Freedom of Religion (and from it) is a basic right?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

your supposed to hold faith and believe he does everything for a reason, there are reasons not to eat this pork. such things like diseases. high fat content cholesteol levels, heart attacks, blood clots. so on so forth. everything he says and does is to help you out alls you have to do is believe in god.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

What can I say, I told him what I thought and belived but if he dont listen then I am tired of talking. And no I dont and wont feel guilty while I enjoy paradise and he doesnt, for one reason I laid the seeds for him he CHOSE not to listen, hate ya hated but im not wasting my time when people choose to do what they want.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Acceptance or not of homosexuality eventually boils down to one thing: not thinking for oneself which is often the result of religion and historical bigotry. With religion we have the argument between what is natural and what is supernatural, the contradictory verses of an old book and a good old excuse to be nasty and justify it. In a world without religion no one would give a hoot. Love is love and people are people and so on. Add religion and you don't have to think, it's done for you. In fact it's a great excuse not to think for yourself. Like it's that hard anyway. Historical bigotry follows much the same path in that the thinking is done for you so saves you the mental time. A bit like the time when black people had their own part of the bus. Your Dad told you that's the way it is so you accepted it. Stupid yeah, but you did. And when I say “a bit like the time” I'm being kind. Racial prejudice is still all too common so I wouldn't expect attitudes towards sexuality to change overnight either. Many things change when faced with the stark realisation that one's own prejudices are actually hurtful and unnecessary e.g. www.youtube.com... but in a climate when oppression breeds fear then it takes a very bold person to take such a stand. Of course I'm generalising here as people of a religious nature can be as accepting of anyone else and likewise people can develop a view different from their parent or peers. Unfortunately too many people choose to just follow. A diverse culture is never considered, discussed, thought about or understood. Because at the end of the day who gives a you know what. Someone is gay and you are not matters what? Nothing. Someone is black and you are white matters what? Nothing. Seriously, worry about paying the bills, worry about your loved ones health, worry about things that affect your life but don't worry about things that are part of the diverse world we inhabit. We have more in common than than we differ and we should be grateful for a chance to experience the majesty of this incredible world we inhabit.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by jay.mo

If I remember right (it's been a few decades) Sodom and Gomorra were destroyed for that whole angel raping thing.

And to the base question of this thread, what gives you the right to impose your religion on me in a country where Freedom of Religion (and from it) is a basic right?

as far as im aware your an athiest so you dont believe in anything. the freedom of religion is for those that believe. there for you dont get the freedom of religion.

and angel raping thing wtf. no such thing because angels dont rape people. that would be wrong and not gods law and there fore they would no longer be angels

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

who says you get paradise. you might need to try harder and believe in god a little bit more.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

Wrong on the Atheist part, and wrong on the Freedom of Religion part. EVERY citizen is protected by the Constitution! You have the freedom to believe or not to believe, both are protected by the First Amendment! And you also have the right to practice whatever religion or spiritual disciple you choose. So, again, what gives you the right to force your religion on me???

As to the story of Sodom and Gomorra, you just let me know the limit of your Bible knowledge. Try going and reading it. The residents were the rapists.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

Ill be in paradise before you for one reason, you forgot JESUS golden rule Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Spouting off hate doesnt make you a beliver. and once again ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME. not narrow minded people like you. Good Day.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by logican
Acceptance or not of homosexuality eventually boils down to one thing: not thinking for oneself which is often the result of religion and historical bigotry. With religion we have the argument between what is natural and what is supernatural, the contradictory verses of an old book and a good old excuse to be nasty and justify it. In a world without religion no one would give a hoot. Love is love and people are people and so on. Add religion and you don't have to think, it's done for you. In fact it's a great excuse not to think for yourself. Like it's that hard anyway. Historical bigotry follows much the same path in that the thinking is done for you so saves you the mental time. A bit like the time when black people had their own part of the bus. Your Dad told you that's the way it is so you accepted it. Stupid yeah, but you did. And when I say “a bit like the time” I'm being kind. Racial prejudice is still all too common so I wouldn't expect attitudes towards sexuality to change overnight either. Many things change when faced with the stark realisation that one's own prejudices are actually hurtful and unnecessary e.g. www.youtube.com... but in a climate when oppression breeds fear then it takes a very bold person to take such a stand. Of course I'm generalising here as people of a religious nature can be as accepting of anyone else and likewise people can develop a view different from their parent or peers. Unfortunately too many people choose to just follow. A diverse culture is never considered, discussed, thought about or understood. Because at the end of the day who gives a you know what. Someone is gay and you are not matters what? Nothing. Someone is black and you are white matters what? Nothing. Seriously, worry about paying the bills, worry about your loved ones health, worry about things that affect your life but don't worry about things that are part of the diverse world we inhabit. We have more in common than than we differ and we should be grateful for a chance to experience the majesty of this incredible world we inhabit.

"In a world without religion no one would give a hoot" so your saying that you hould be able to do whatever you want without paying the consequences. not gonna fly you should know that everything he does is for a reason. we true christians who actually understand why god does what he does while he guides us keeps us out of trouble and free from diseases and plagues. but only those who truly know god get to survive from those evils of the world. we true christians are here to help people believe in god and live for eternity!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

Sure and the thousands of inocnet children who are born into a different countires who are born with AIDS and into poverty and famine are part of your gods plan? if that is the case then keep your god I dont want or need him. My god is perfect and not a hater.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

sorry you said angel raping thing and,"Freedom of religion is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or community, in public or private, to manifest religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship, and observance" wikipedia with some interpretation that you should be able to believe in nothing. so um what faith are you since you dont believe in god.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I have something kind of funny to add to all of this. The argument of biblical correctness stops at the question. There is no argument given:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13

The problem is that this statement isn't discussing homosexual(s). Allow me to explain in a non-biased fashion:

1. Read the following with me: If [a] [man] [ALSO] lie with [man][KIND] = ?
Answer: If any man/woman should also lie with many men/women (or mankind/womankind)...
Additional option #1: It is given that the couple are already lovers or;
Additional option #2: It is given that the man/woman is not with anyone necessarily. (We have options due to language's weakness of inability to conceptualize everything)

2. as [he] lieth with a [man], both of them have committed an (abomination)... = ?

Answer: as, as in also, lieth, or lay or sleep-with, a woman (also, a lover given this isn't a sexist statement), both (the man & the woman) have committed a (defined) abomination.

Notation: It is an abomination to abuse one's-self among mankind, or adultery... This is true just as it is an abomination for the united couple to stay together and allow one and/or the other to become hurt in unloving events.

Conclusion: Furthermore, you can't shed blood once you're dead already (aka go to hell and ?? Really? Interesting concept you have there...). In addition, if you were to be illogical and take this statement wrong then you suggest that the opposite concept is not a sin, therefore creating an unbalanced God and a sexist one... I go with the first answer, the translation wasn't read correctly by the priest. It's not a concept, it's a matter of logic. :-)

-Leopard69

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Leopard69]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Leopard69]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by jay.mo

Sure and the thousands of inocnet children who are born into a different countires who are born with AIDS and into poverty and famine are part of your gods plan? if that is the case then keep your god I dont want or need him. My god is perfect and not a hater.

yep its one of the four horsemen, and its to prove you need god, as for the aids another horseman. also to prove you need god.and because of the fornication. and obviously you dont know god because you seem to think that you can do whatever you want. and not get punished for it and also means you believe in more than one god and means your not a christian, your non hater heathen would be responsible for allowing diseases and plagues while not telling you what you need to do and not do in the world and wouldnt fix it and there for would be a devil have fun being fooled by your devil.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Fair enough, xsoldiervet. I just wanted to shed a bit of potential light on the subject. I have no problem with you -- you say what you think without rancor -- always a plus.

cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

since you seem to disrepect my god and speak blasphemies about my god ill will tell you the truth about your devil heathen. break it down if your gonna punch me in the face ill punch you in your face. for that what would be done to me ill do it to you. ill shed blood of those that shed blood. and it wasnt jesus's golden rule it was gods. you know like exodus when god gave moses the ten commandments and goldenrule not jesus. your lack of knowledge is stunningly dumb.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

OK, let's look at the document itself. It's called the U. S. Constitution, maybe you've heard of it:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Notice the word in bold type. It's an important one!

Edit to add: I believe, I just don't believe in your God!

[edit on 13-7-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This thread has fallen into ruin. OP you must activate the self destruct sequence.

T-Minus 10....9...8... Time to bail the heck out. Not enough parachutes and escape pods for everyone. I am out PPPPPFFFSSSSHHHHHHHTTTTTttttttt......

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

Clearly you either haven't read the whole thread, or didn't understand it, or disregarded it. I am not a biblical scholar, however I have a fair amount of Scripture under my belt. I also posess two Bibles, and -- glory be! -- I can READ and comprehend.

One thing is glaringly obvious to me: Either the entirety of the Holy Bible is accepted as written, or one accepts either the Old Testament, or believes that the New Testament is Jesus' "reframing" of it.

I urge you to tread cautiously when enciting Leviticus. Have you read all of it? Exodus as well? Remember, Exodus is where Moses receives the WORD of God on the mount. If you accept ALL of both of these books, then I challenge you to tell me that you live all of these tenants. Make my day. Say it is so.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

WOW, you should convert to Judaism immediately! Apparently they have all the answers! LOOK NO FURTHER! That rebellious son of his was teachin' peace and love, and we all know God's a big fan of vengence! Upstart brat!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You have lived in your own world, that is, the homosexual community, and heard their rhetoric so often that you have permitted key phrases repeated often enough to replace critical thinking.
I love the way you talked about not judging homosexuals but then proceeded to bash those not as conservative as yourself.
I love the way you stick to the 'safe' issues and fail to mention those which might actually bring some of the problems homosexuality produces, into the limelight?
Do you condemn transvestite homosexuals?
Should they be allowed to use women's public restrooms?
Should I ignore that possibility when I send my six-year-old daughter off by herself into the Ladies Room at a restaurant?
Should gays be allowed into the military. As it was, no member of our armed forces was forced to shower or sleep in the same room with someone who might view them as a sex object. Why shouldn't a man be as upset at sharing a shower with a homosexual as a woman would be were she forced to shower with men?
Your sexual preference is your business and we have no reason to judge you or interfere?
Very good. But understand that you in turn have no right to judge or criticize those who are into 'golden showers' or sex with farm animals.
Do you think these are sick sexual perversions? Who are you to judge? Who are you to say these desires are not the end results of genetics? Surely you must agree it is only bigots and close-minded individuals who will object when their pre-teen children come home from school to talk about how they learned today that these are perfectly natural and even 'beautiful' experiences? Or is it only a matter of where each individual chooses to draw the line between healthy and sick preferences? Who are you to decide where I or anyone else should choose to draw their own line?
So let's discuss rights.
That's what it breaks down to in the end. Everyone's rights.
You have the right to be gay
Others have the right to enjoy urine spray
And I have the right to be disgusted by it all.
You wish me to respect your rights and I will.
Please, in exchange, allow me mine. I have the right to consider these other 'viewpoints' as sick, disgusting, perversions. I have the right to pass that belief on to my children. I have the right to object when an educational system my child is forced to be a part of decides it will impose 'your' view of homosexuality on my children rather than mine. I wish to know why 'your' view gets priority?
Homosexuals demand a noticeable presence in parades? It is a sexual preference. Should we also allow a contingent of those who represent people preferring doggie style sex? How about those who like it standing up in hammocks? Or should we say sexual preferences is not a justifiable cause for deserving of a place in a public parade?
Get over yourselves. Few people have ever objected to people of the same sex sharing their lives and/or their beds. You wish to be viewed like every one else? Then behave like everyone else and keep your sex life in your bedroom and quit trying to shove it in my face and trying to make me concede how beautiful it can be.
I wish to exercise my right to be disgusted. Does that make me a homophobe? OK? So? What's the word for those disgusted by sex between humans and animals? Whatever, I guess I'm one of those too. I will not be scared off or intimidated into ever pretending I do not consider this a sick perversion just to avoid a 'politically incorrect' label. Get a life people. Stop confusing people's annoyance at you shoving your sexuality in their faces with their demanding you change. Just shut up and go about your business and everybody will probably be a lot happier.
Even this post. Do you think anyone comes to a site called "Above Top Secret" to read about the problems of homosexuals? But you just had to stick it in here, didn't you. Afraid a whole class of people might not be paying attention to you? Might even be indifferent? OK princess, you're sooooo special. Happy now?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join