It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Hey Jaxon

I don't have a problem with gays, I don't think most people care one way or the other if the plumbers man's gay. Just as long as the toilets working, that's all we care about. There's probably only 20 percent of the population that hates gays, that's never going to change. Hell 30 percent of the population hates me because I'm blonde, skinny and I have big boobs. Who cares?! So it's not that most of us hate gays, it's that most of us hate constantly hearing about the idiots that hate gays. IMO they (gay haters) should be gassed so we can all just get on with our lives, but then they should have rights too.

This has to stop somewhere...

Edit for clarity

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Sundancer]

The problem is that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

People do not have the right to take their hate out on anyone. People need to learn to be tolerant.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Xibalba_

You used my quote from the first page, Xibalba. I suspect that you were attempting to do a reply, and haven't figured out the quote part yet.

Lemme lend you a hand here.

1. Copy a quote, then type a left-hand bracket [, followed by the word quote, then the right hand bracket ].

2. paste the quote

3. after the quote type the left-hand bracket [ followed by a / followed by the word quote followed by a right-hand bracket ]

Then, if you want to reply to someone, just copy their quote, hit the "reply" button, do the above 3 steps and then type what you want to say in reply.

cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

My dogs a male not a female.
And for your humor in the past few months Ihave changed my mind on gay marrige if they want to get married who cares. But I still firmly belive that gays CHOOSE to be and there is no evidence to prove other wise.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My response to the OP is even the devil can quote scriptures to fit his needs. Perez Hilton being just one of the mainstream examples, he emits much hatred and intolerance towards anyone who does not accept his opinion or way of life. People act like the hate only comes form one side, and more often than not the people who feel like victims of sexual intolerance are the ones committing acts of religious intolerance. I wish they would just abolish marriage altogether, than we can hear the whining stop from both sides.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

According to that logic, I should judge all straight people by Rush Limbaugh. One person does not represent an entire group of people, only themselves.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Hiya soldier,

I'm not gay, however I'd like to take a stab at a little logic involving the choice vs. nature idea regarding gays & lesbians.

You were saying to Weedwhacker that you still believe it is a person's choice whether they are gay or straight.

I encourage you to remember back to your first stirrings of interest in girls. I can remember some of mine -- that was over 40 years ago lol!

Okay. So. You were attracted to females at some point....... probably like many straight males, your eye was caught with adult females, and all their fascinating curves and smoothness and the impressive ability to seem as if they might be wiggling even when sitting still. I digress.

Do you remember the point at which you CHOSE to be a heterosexual? Did you, as a young man weigh the pros and cons of each side? Did you contemplate the merits of each side, perhaps noting them on a tidy little spiral notepad? Hmmmm. Only two checks for column A, however seven checks in column B........ I guess I'll be a heterosexual.

OR............. did you just KNOW........

without ever having to think about it?

I think it is probably pretty much that way for everyone, except homosexuals often haven't received approval from their parents ... y'know, those "attaboys" and "chip off the ol' block", followed by a slug to the shoulder.

Just food for thought friend. BTW, good on you for recognizing that marriage belongs to the betrothed, not the State.

cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

But I still firmly belive that gays CHOOSE to be and there is no evidence to prove other wise.

That got me thinking (sometimes a bad sign....!)

I began to imagine a scenario where I was the only man left alive in some situation where there were nothing but women, and me.

Now, not talking about End Of The World crap...and survival of the species situations, more like being stranded somewhere, say a space station or off-world colony (warned you, I was just thinking!)

I suppose I could CHOOSE to have sex with [shudder] a woman...if I was desperate enough. BUT, I don't think I have that strong a sex drive, to tell the truth....

Now, if one of 'em had big arms, nice pecs, a hairy chest and small hips....and a deep voice, guess I could close my eyes and pretend.......

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
okay jaxon roberts try explaining what is the cause of aids. without playing with some man made theory bullcrap, nothing to prove it. oh and here you go biblical quotes aginst homosexuality

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

so dont say im evil for standing up for my beliefs more then you do, just because im a christian doing my duty for god. huh and i hope you respond to this. your earlier quotes were not very pertinent to the situation. as i told you, you cant just take pieces of the bible you have to take the whole thing

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Now, if one of 'em had big arms, nice pecs, a hairy chest and small hips....and a deep voice, guess I could close my eyes and pretend.......

Oo! Oo!

Big arms - you betcha
Nice pecs - welll, if I say so myself.......
Hairy Chest - maybe one or two
Small Hips - Dang! I should have stuck to that diet
Deep Voice - Hey there - how you doin ?

Fear Not - I'm happy to be friends

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

Here: The OP may be busy, perhaps I can help sweep away superstiton and ignorance:

This is just one example of many, many articles a little search would find to dispel the nonsense spouted by the haters.

en.wikipedia.org...

The origin of HIV is now generally attributed to SIV from African primates. HIV-2 is most closely related to SIVsm, the SIV strain that primarily infects Sooty Mangabeys, while HIV-1 is closely related to the chimpanzee strain of SIV, designated SIVcpz. The most likely route of transmission of HIV-1 to humans involves contact with the blood of chimps that are often hunted for bushmeat in Africa.

SIV monkey strains are transmitted sexually and usually do not cause immunodeficiency in their natural hosts, Sooty mangabeys and African Green Monkeys, even when the infected hosts carry large viral loads....

....SIV was first discovered in 1985, in captive Rhesus macaques suffering from SAIDS. This observation was made shortly after HIV-1 had been isolated as the cause of AIDS and led to the discovery of the HIV-2 strains in West Africa that same year. HIV-2 was more similar to the then-known SIV strains than to HIV-1, suggesting for the first time the simian origin of HIV. Further studies indicated that HIV-2 is derived from the SIVsm strain found in sooty mangabeys whereas HIV-1, the predominant virus found in humans, is derived from SIV strains infecting chimpanzees (SIVcpz).

.....While it is possible that SIV infected the first human being via sexual intercourse, authorities believe that the most likely mode of original transmission was via wounds.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
"Homosexual males are more likely to tranfer the HIV virus due to the damage to rectal tissue durring sex."-My father, and he might be right.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And reply I shall!

Originally posted by jay.mo
okay jaxon roberts try explaining what is the cause of aids. without playing with some man made theory bullcrap, nothing to prove it.

Aids is believed, much like the recent H1N1 virus, to have jumped species from monkeys to humans through the consumption of bush meat in Africa. So was your God trying to smite Africans or Homosexuals? And who is He trying to smite with H1N1? I would also point out that AIDS is much more prevelent in the Heterosexual community than it is in the Homosexual community. Maybe this is due to the fact that we advocate and practice safe sex methods much more than your community, where you actually demonize and forbid it. But don't worry, we still contribute millions and millions of dollars every year to help find a cure. I promise we'll share it with you!

...oh and here you go biblical quotes aginst homosexuality

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

...your earlier quotes were not very pertinent to the situation. as i told you, you cant just take pieces of the bible you have to take the whole thing

I've already pointed out the hypocrisy of using Leviticus, but here we go again. To use your own words; "you cant just take pieces of the bible you have to take the whole thing'. Amongst other things, Levitican Law also forbids eating pork or shellfish. And when was the last time you had some bacon or a pork chop or some shrimp??? I doubt the answer is never!

Also, it's not your book! The Tenakh belongs to the Jewish Faith, and you just plagiarized it. Let me know when you become a Rabbi, then I'll consider your interpretations of Leviticus or any other book from the Tenakh.

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

so dont say im evil for standing up for my beliefs more then you do, just because im a christian doing my duty for god. huh and i hope you respond to this.

Nothing attributed to Jesus himself. As I stated in the OP, the words of your Founder carry more weight than the words of his lackeys. I don't think your evil, as I do not believe in the concept, just misguided. So you just keep doing your duty for God! Now, Onward Christian Soldier!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
"Homosexual males are more likely to tranfer the HIV virus due to the damage to rectal tissue durring sex."-My father, and he might be right.

Forgive my ignorance, but may not heterosexuals transfer the virus in exactly the same way?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
note that all the things that was written in the bible was taught by jesus and his jewish traditions their fore the opinions of his lackys as you called them were just as good as his because they were taught of the same nature. and you cant jsut denounce a book because it tells you not to eat pork.

Next, I want you to understand why God said not to eat there flesh (Meat) because they have only one stomach, also they have no sweat glands to sweat out the poison in their blood stream. God made the unclean animals to clean up the earth.

In other words they were created to be garbage disposals or scavengers of the earth, there to eat dead flesh animals that die upon the earth

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Hiya soldier,

I'm not gay, however I'd like to take a stab at a little logic involving the choice vs. nature idea regarding gays & lesbians.

You were saying to Weedwhacker that you still believe it is a person's choice whether they are gay or straight.

I encourage you to remember back to your first stirrings of interest in girls. I can remember some of mine -- that was over 40 years ago lol!

Okay. So. You were attracted to females at some point....... probably like many straight males, your eye was caught with adult females, and all their fascinating curves and smoothness and the impressive ability to seem as if they might be wiggling even when sitting still. I digress.

Do you remember the point at which you CHOSE to be a heterosexual? Did you, as a young man weigh the pros and cons of each side? Did you contemplate the merits of each side, perhaps noting them on a tidy little spiral notepad? Hmmmm. Only two checks for column A, however seven checks in column B........ I guess I'll be a heterosexual.

I think it is probably pretty much that way for everyone, except homosexuals often haven't received approval from their parents ... y'know, those "attaboys" and "chip off the ol' block", followed by a slug to the shoulder.

Just food for thought friend. BTW, good on you for recognizing that marriage belongs to the betrothed, not the State.

cheers

Trust me when I say this I am very open minded, But to me the idea of another man in me either just wasnt compelling. But to each his own right? I have a gay friend he said that he had sex with a lot of women and durning an "orgy" he and another guy got it on, he decided he liked that better, so he choose to be gay.

And to all the relgious zealots on here, Jesus states that only GOD the FATHER will be the judge of man, not man. You know the old cliches he who lives in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" or do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The FATHER is the judge of man so who are you to decide what is right and wrong? The bible is open to any and all interuptions, let them CHOOSE to do what they want and if your right then they will wish they would have listen, if your wrong you wasted a lifetime of hate...

link   
reply to post by jay.mo

But Pork Chops taste GOOD Sausage tastes GOOD Bacon tastes EXTRA GOOD!

If God designed these creatures and God designed Humans surely he would design the human taste buds to find the taste completely repulsive?

link   

Originally posted by berenike

Forgive my ignorance, but may not heterosexuals transfer the virus in exactly the same way?

not if they were christian or jews because that is sodomy or fornication. and as far as im aware one of the reasons sodom and gomorrah were destroyed

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jay.mo

Originally posted by berenike

not if they were christian or jews because that is sodomy or fornication. and as far as im aware one of the reasons sodom and gomorrah were destroyed

Somebody help - for once I'm stuck for words.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by argentus

Hiya soldier,

cheers

Trust me when I say this I am very open minded, But to me the idea of another man in me either just wasnt compelling. But to each his own right? I have a gay friend he said that he had sex with a lot of women and durning an "orgy" he and another guy got it on, he decided he liked that better, so he choose to be gay.

And to all the relgious zealots on here, Jesus states that only GOD the FATHER will be the judge of man, not man. You know the old cliches he who lives in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" or do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The FATHER is the judge of man so who are you to decide what is right and wrong? The bible is open to any and all interuptions, let them CHOOSE to do what they want and if your right then they will wish they would have listen, if your wrong you wasted a lifetime of hate...

actually the bible says multiple times the bible isnt open to interpretation. its as is. no lies perfect in its works

and from what you said your friend choosed to be gay and its not genetics they are not born with it. so your friend made the wrong choice and may burn in hell. should you not love your neighbor as you love yourself and not allow him to burn in hell for his fornication. perhaps it will be your guilt when he burns and hell because you didnt do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jay.mo

So, you never answered the question, are pork chops, bacon, sausage, shrimp, crab, lobster, canadian bacon, pork roast, etc. off your menu?

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join