It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by truthquest

I hate to break it to you, but the state already sanctions marriages. Try getting married without a state marriage license. ALL marriages have to be applied for and granted by the state, regardless of where they are done, and the person officiating the ceremony must be approved by the state, hence the "by the powers granted to me by the state of ________, I now...". And when you can get married in a drive-thru chapel in Las Vegas, the whole religious 'sanctity' thing goes right out the window...

Nice try, but your argument is at best, flawed...

You don't seem to understand my argument. I was talking about the way things SHOULD BE, not the way things are right now. I know that the state wrongfully butts its nose into people's personal relationships by "sanctioning" marriage. But it does not have to. George Washington never asked government permission to be married from what I hear.

Again, marriage is a personal matter which is none of the state's business. One can hold a marriage ceremony without state approval if they really wanted to (I know I will for example) and its quite likely at some point in the near future I'll be proving that point because there is no way in hell I'm going to ask any government for their permission to get married, nor will I be paying any amount of money to be married.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Then you will receive none of the legal benefits of the marriage contract. Again, marriage is a legal contract, not a religious 'sacrament'. It is an institution available to all, regardless of religion, or lack thereof.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I was molested three times as a teenager by men. I can say this is the sickest things that ever happened to me. I hate total hatred for the state of homosexuality occuring as a mental illness in both men and woman. Sex is for reproduction. No reproduction can ever come of same side sex, this is an abomination before God period.

As of today I still cannot befriend a homo because they always want to hook up, which makes me want to puke. Sorry dude, but I have a grudge and know it is a serious mental illness. I haven't healed enough to be really nice, because every time I feel like I can deal with what has happened another one hits on me and starts it all over again.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
OP you misquote scripture. take it in context.

in the old testament of the bible God gave the Israelites law that repeats numerous times that homosexuals are to be burned alive.
the new testament gives them a chance to repent and be forgiven, else they will be judged in hell.

any homosexual attraction is demonic. period.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Angel One

I'm truly sorry to hear about your molestation as a teenager, but do not confuse homosexuality with pedophilia. They are two entirely seperate things. Pedophiles are found in both straight and gay culture.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled

in the old testament of the bible God gave the Israelites law that repeats numerous times that homosexuals are to be burned alive.
the new testament gives them a chance to repent and be forgiven, else they will be judged in hell.

Actually, that is not true. I read Hebrew and I read Greek and ... no, not true. The Hebrew Bible is extremely detailed and it speaks of a particular act between two men, not two women, and not "other" acts that today we would consider homosexual. The ancient world didn't believe there was such a thing as lesbianism until about the time of Sappho, however, God would have known and would have made it very explicit (if it was from God) that women shouldn't be doing this either. So, if this edict really was from God, why didn't it mention women, oral sex, and/or kissing?

Moreover, in the writings of Paul that address this the Greek doesn't say "homosexuality" it addresses men who are "soft" and "womanly" (ancient drag queens) and a particular violent sex act.

The ancients didn't have a term called "homosexual", so to say that homosexuals are condemned is very misleading and seems like something man came up with instead of our Creator.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled

Since I cut and pasted the quotes from the King James version of your precious 'scripture', I fail to see how I 'misquoted' it. NEXT!

I am really getting tired of sanctamonious bible thumpers trying to force me to conform to their religious beliefs. I live in a secular democracy that guarantees me the right of freedom of religion (and from religion), not a frakin' theocracy! If you want to live your life according to some ancient book (translated more times than I can count) full of primitive BS, fine! But do not think for one minute that you can ram that crap down my throat! You are no better than the Taliban, Hezzbollah, Al Qaeda, or any other religious fundamentalist extremist. You all think you have all the answers, which is arrogant and ignorant, to say the least! I suggest you man up and just admit that you are being hateful and judgemental, and stop hiding behind religion to justify your hatred!

Millions and millions of people have been murdered throughout the ages in the name of religion (and yes, ESPECIALLY your religion)!!! Millions and millions of people have been FORCED to convert to various religions throughout the ages (and yes, ESPECIALLY your religion), wiping out countless cultures. Many ancient antiquities have been destroyed and history lost due to religion (and yes, ESPECIALLY your religion). Do you even know anything about other spiritual belief systems other than your own? If you did, you would realize that Yahweh, Allah, and your pagan 'Trinity' are not even the same being! Yahweh is a vindictive SOB, Allah is a control freak, and the countless denominations of Christianity cannot even agree what the true message of the 'Trinity' even is!

I have nothing to repent, nor do I seek forgiveness. The Divine may judge me, but YOU MAY NOT! As for demonic, the only truly demonic thing here is the bastardization of Christianity by those who came after it's founder! I guess you are free of 'sin' as you seem to love chucking stones! NEXT!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I am really getting tired of sanctamonious bible thumpers trying to force me to conform to their religious beliefs.

No one is forcing you to do anything.........but know this....God is judging your abominations....................it is a christians "duty" to point out such abominations.......it is God's wrath that will enforce his LAW.........

God gives you a choice to be "whatever"...........but he also gives you his LAW to live by, and if you break it, to die by..........

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Then you will receive none of the legal benefits of the marriage contract. Again, marriage is a legal contract, not a religious 'sacrament'. It is an institution available to all, regardless of religion, or lack thereof.

There are something like 1,000 legal differences between legally married and unmarried couples. The proper number is zero. There should not be any more legal benefit to being married than there should be to being someone's best friend.

The only serious legal issue in a marriage is parenting. As a mother or father, you should get mother's rights and father's rights. No contract necessary.

Any legal contracts related to the marriage should start with a blank piece of paper that both mother and father are the authors of rather than the government forcing their terms upon them. And such contracts should cost nothing unless their is a dispute over the enforcement of the contract.

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join