It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A notice to those who oppose or have a problem with the Gay Rights Movement

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
When it comes to aids, I'm pretty sure its pretty evenly spread out amongst gay and straight people. I haven't seen a study on it since like the 90s but I would think its pretty even. And i'm to lazy to look up a study right now, I will later lol. I believe someone earlier said that the highest percentages of aids victims at the moment are straight women.

Here in oakland years ago there was a big aids problem and it was spreading amongst mostly black straight males. But not just black people, basically just all young straight sexually active males, but it was for the most part blacks. And the same thing has happened all across this country. Aids is not some disease that only gays get.

I personally think aids was a created virus that was made to kill off gay people and black and latin people and basically any people who could be considered a "minority" and I don't mean minority in the traditional sense. (even some white people are a "minority"). Kind of like how crack just magically "appeared" in black communities in the 80s, it was so obviously the government flooded ghettos and slums and projects with it and turned a blind eye to drug dealers and allowed coc aine to be brought into this country (and there is PROOF of this that the CIA was involved with all that, the whole rick ross story its really interesting I'd suggest reading about it) the government does want black people to stay in the ghettos and I've lived around black people my whole life in the projects (not anymore, though, luckily we are out of there, I wouldnt wish those kind of living conditions on my WORST enemies) and have witnessed these "conspiracies" myself all this stupid rap music and stuff really affects them and "dumbs" them down (just look at all the stupid degrading ignorant rap they play on tv and market to black kids, literally every single mainstream black rapper is a stereotype and not all rap is like this, just the stuff they play on tv, a lot rap is actual good positive music, and I like hip hop a lot but not that ignorant c-rap that they play on television. And rap music is just the tip of "brainwashing stay a stupid ignorant n-word" iceberg, BET and crap like that is another big part of it. And none of this has to do with "white man" holding black people back, its not the "white man" its the government. And the government is holding all of us back not matter what color you are, some people more than others).

And by the way the only reason I brought this up is because I can kind of see similarities with the gay rights thing and what I just talked about. I don't feel like explaining right now though, but some of you smart people can figure out what I'm talking about. I'm basically talking about stereotypes and how the media and television enforce negative stereotypes of certain people. Stereotypes are a VERY powerful thing and influence thought, just look at all the gay stereotypes people have in this thread. And most of these stereotypes aren't true what so ever.

But what do I know? I'm just some California liberal who loves everyone, lol.
that discussion is for a whole nother thread anyways..

Peace

[edit on 12-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It would be pretty cool to see the ATS mods enforce a "No Stereotyping Day" where every post that included stereotyping or prejudices was removed and replaced with a warning. It might get everyone to think just a little bit harder before they hit that "Reply" button at the bottom of the page.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm a lurker on ATS for the most part and spend the majority of my time consuming the fascinating posts and replies. Every now and then I'm compelled to reply and this happens 2 be one of those topics.

First off, I am not nor have I ever felt "threatened" by the Gay lifestyle. I've worked with many Gay people and socialized with some but wouldn't say that I ever had a Gay "friend". I would say that makes me more honest than most because in this politically correct world saying I've never had a Gay friend may label me as being homophobic. The REASON why I've never had a gay friend is because we exist in very different worlds and our lifestyles conflict enough as to preclude a life long bonding that, for me, is a requirement for friendship.

As far as Gay Marriage goes... I'm all 4 equal rights of any pair bonding, in a legal sense, but lets call a duck a duck. Allow the union but instead of going down to the courthouse and getting a "marriage" certificate pick up the other form and lets just call it a GARRIAGE certificate...lol The simple word marriage does not apply to f2f or m2m bonding's and it's objectionable to MANY people. I'm also SURE that there are many religious institutions that would be more than willing to perform a Garriage but no religious community should be compelled to perform it. Now, whats wrong with that?

I have felt for a long time now that the heterosexual community, as a whole, is more than willing to accept this legal right to people of the OP's preference. Sadly, the more progressive and vocal homosexuals involved in the Gay rights "movement" tend to drown out the voice of reason and compromise that makes this country great. I personally don't want Gay "MARRIAGE" shoved down my throat, amongst other things, and I feel it's an equitable arrangement for everyone in our society. As with any "movement" in our culture it seems that the loudest and most radical are given the pulpit and the PRESS & that's sad for both sides.

That all said... If the courts weren't clogged up enough with divorce cases, the lawyers will have a hay day with this new found legal right, however it's written.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I wonder if this thread is an accurate microcosm for the entire board?
If so, it would seem that it is extremely polarized, and that the majority are very conservative Christians.

I do question the level of education that some of these conservative Christians in this thread are exhibiting. It seems to be dangerously low, to be honest. All I see in their arguments are Bible quotations and personal prejudice. I'd be worried to think that the majority of conservative Christians were of this calibre. I'd prefer to think a little more highly of people, but this thread is pretty depressing in that respect.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by moocowman

That was a reference to FREEWILL something that only He would ever consider giving. People blast God because they are ignorant and only repeat what someone else repeats without ever finding God and seeing for themselves. God doesnt hate homosexuals or sinners in general since in His eyes being homosexual is no different than being a liar or stealing. No such thing as a small sin or great sin. Mans court of law does that. God loves sinners as much as He loves people who claim to be non-sinners. We all sin and God forgives. What He doesnt like is our actions having a negative outcome on another human. The same way you dont want your son to harm your daughter whether physically or mentally. God is not the God of any religion on Earth. Jesus prevented a harlot from being stoned by saying If you dont sin then throw the first stone. Thats the God I serve! Not a hateful spiteful contradicting God. Man portrays Him as such. For what its worth I would risk my life to save anyone no matter what sin they choose.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by max.is.awake
One more thing! I now know who was responsible for taking God and moments of silence out of school. My child cannot have one minute to pray to whomever he chooses and next he will be taught it is ok to be in love with another boy. Yea. This movement is only more proof there IS a God and that He is about to bust heaven wide open. Sodom and Gomorrah all over again. Believe it or dont believe it. Thats a RIGHT you were given by GOD. Not Congress.

Uhm, you can't take a minute with your child before school in the mornings to pray? If your child really really want's to pray, their are plenty of moments in the day when your child can silently pray to him/her self. Stop leaving it up to someone else to give your child a "moment to pray".

Harm NONE
Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne
I wonder if this thread is an accurate microcosm for the entire board?
If so, it would seem that it is extremely polarized, and that the majority are very conservative Christians.

I do question the level of education that some of these conservative Christians in this thread are exhibiting. It seems to be dangerously low, to be honest. All I see in their arguments are Bible quotations and personal prejudice. I'd be worried to think that the majority of conservative Christians were of this calibre. I'd prefer to think a little more highly of people, but this thread is pretty depressing in that respect.

I was thinking the same thing, but opposite....

For if you think in terms of broad generalization as you just did.... then all "gay supporters" are too easily riled and ready to pick a fight.

You will not win by force, you have to take a different approach... but that has not been realized and will not be put into action.

In all honesty, I would say the majority have steered clear of this thread since they have existed here before on these forums, and always started with the best intentions, but end with name calling from both sides.

It still and will always boil down to the fact everyone has their own opinions. You have to look beyond them... isn't that what you want the general public to do for you?

Turn on the system, not on the people..... for they will be the allies you need in the end. It WAS a good thread, but it has spiraled into what they all become in the end.

I bid happiness to all... and if that is not enough for you, then you can never truly be fulfilled.

-edit- just to add since it was my last post here ( this thread has been exhausted and fallen into the same trap as all the others) I still do not and will probably never understand the lifestyle. Plus, I represent those of my side that DO NOT believe in god. So, that cannot be thrown at me as my reasoning.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

I agree with the last poster: pray with your kid before school. Pray for as long as you like. You aren't really trying to depend on public education to teach your kid religion are you? Hell, they even have private schools that are explicitly Christian. Help yourself.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by amazed

Maybe that minute will be used for other purposes than to pray. And maybe if parents made sure there children didnt take a gun to school there wouldnt need to a moment of silence but its nice to have 60 seconds to show respect for the children who are dead since some parents dont even know their child has a freaking gun with them when they enter school. And it isnt the schools responsibility to check for guns. If you think it is then the schools should allow a moment of SILENCE before the sound of a gat.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

For if you think in terms of broad generalization as you just did.... then all "gay supporters" are too easily riled and ready to pick a fight.

I think the 'gay supporters' as you put it have been exceptionally restrained seeing as gays on 2 threads have amongst other things been called 'disgusting, disgraceful, depraved, dirty, disease spreaders who should be murdered, an abomination, going to die in a lake of fire, hated by God, sick, revolting, shouldn't be seen in public, make people hurl, abuse children, have a destructive lifestyle, have no use to society'..and my particular favourite 'get haemorrhoids'.
And that is just for existing...pleasant world we live in.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by max.is.awake

And having a moment of silence does not mean forcing God on children for you haters of God like I said it means a moment of silence to do whatever they feel for that moment. This thread is pointless because no one sees that the homosexual movement is more than giving homosexuals the right to marry. And to those other posters AIDS is a sexually transmitted disease not a homosexually transmitted disease. And some have even been afflicted through dirty needles and not just druggies. I dont agree with homosexuality but I am not gonna blame homosexuals for a disease that promiscous sex spreads no matter what sexual orientation the persons involved have. Deny Ignorance. AIDS can afflict anyone who is careless. It is not a sin disease. If that was the case we would ALL have AIDS. Thats like blaming white men for slavery when its been a way of life for thousands of years. White men did not invent slavery and homosexuals did not create AIDS.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway

I think the 'gay supporters' as you put it have been exceptionally restrained seeing as gays on 2 threads have amongst other things been called 'disgusting, disgraceful, depraved, dirty, disease spreaders who should be murdered, an abomination, going to die in a lake of fire, hated by God, sick, revolting, shouldn't be seen in public, make people hurl, abuse children, have a destructive lifestyle, have no use to society'..and my particular favourite 'get haemorrhoids'.
And that is just for existing...pleasant world we live in.

God man, those things some of these people have said are truly disgusting. It really boggles my mind and amazes me how some people can spew this kind of HATE and ANGER towards another human being. And most the time the other human beings they hate so much have done nothing at all to them.

Its really quite sad, and sadly I don't see the world changing anytime soon. We will always have bigots.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Include my whole post next time... since the context you leave mine with, makes me look like those that you are referencing.

That whole post of mine was one of peace... but you chose to use the only part that spoke for your angle.

That is the TRUE problem with the world... we only use what is going to assist our goals.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by jeasahtheseer

The world changes everyday minute by minute. Granted it is not for sake of peace. Homosexuality has been around probably as long as murder or lying. I do not agree with either of the 3 but the only ones who can judge are God and the judicial system and no matter what those say there will always be a side of the fence that complains. I am done with this thread since its only a matter of opinions but I want to state I have no ill will towards homosexuals, I just do not think heterosexuals should lose priviledges because of homosexuals and vice versa. God loves us no matter what. And unless homosexuality is linked to some sort of conspiracy or alien lifeform or the Illuminati I hope no more threads like this appear on ATS. (PSSSST I used to be a homosexual...whatcha think of that?)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
It would be pretty cool to see the ATS mods enforce a "No Stereotyping Day" where every post that included stereotyping or prejudices was removed and replaced with a warning. It might get everyone to think just a little bit harder before they hit that "Reply" button at the bottom of the page.

Oh, you mean like totalitarian censorship? It's starting to sound more like an "ATS Gay Love in" with a Hitler twist... I heard he was gay too.

So you can't debate the facts so you want to shut everyone up who opposes bare backing bug chasers? Pretty cool indeed...

What is your definition of stereotyping or prejudice? Is pointing out undeniable facts your definition? If so, you sound more like the SS than a Gay supporter. Then again maybe they are one in the same?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

you cant take just pieces of the bible and string them together, its sodomy when a man takes it up the but. and eve was the counterpart of adam made from adams flesh if his counterpart was supposed to be a guy it would have been steve. and no other man in the bible was homosexual, homosexuality is immoral and god will never except that. and seemiong how the goal is to get into heaven if your homosexual you wont get in. i doubt the devil would allow you to be homo too. so if your homo you get sent to the bottom of hell to be torn apart by demons for ever. yay

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

Oh, you mean like totalitarian censorship? It's starting to sound more like an "ATS Gay Love in" with a Hitler twist... I heard he was gay too.

Gee, who would've thought YOU would be the one to protest a ban on stereotyping and prejudice?

I asked you earlier if straight people who transmitted AIDS are murderers too, or if it's only the gay ones. But I have a feeling what you would say, lol. You are full of hate.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

So you can't debate the facts so you want to shut everyone up who opposes bare backing bug chasers? Pretty cool indeed...

What is your definition of stereotyping or prejudice? Is pointing out undeniable facts your definition? If so, you sound more like the SS than a Gay supporter. Then again maybe they are one in the same?

You make yourself sound disturbingly comical.
I'm not sure how we are supposed to take you seriously when you come across like this? Can you take part in the debate without coming across like this?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jay.mo
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

you cant take just pieces of the bible and string them together, its sodomy when a man takes it up the but. and eve was the counterpart of adam made from adams flesh if his counterpart was supposed to be a guy it would have been steve. and no other man in the bible was homosexual, homosexuality is immoral and god will never except that. and seemiong how the goal is to get into heaven if your homosexual you wont get in. i doubt the devil would allow you to be homo too. so if your homo you get sent to the bottom of hell to be torn apart by demons for ever. yay

I fail to see why you assume that your God is everyone's God.
He certainly isn't mine. So how is this argument that you are making even applicable in a multifaith society?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Include my whole post next time... since the context you leave mine with, makes me look like those that you are referencing. That whole post of mine was one of peace... but you chose to use the only part that spoke for your angle. That is the TRUE problem with the world... we only use what is going to assist our goals.

Not my intention at all. I was pointing out the restraint i see in the face of the appalling insults...not for one second implying you had made any at all. And as I was responding to that one point, quoting your entire post would have lost the point. But apologies for any misunderstanding...

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join