It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The problem with these 'pro-life' zealots is that they don't realize that they ARE terrorists. Terrorists kill people simply because they disagree with them, and that's what these 'pro-lifers' advocate.

Anyway, following up on my previous post, what exactly is the limit to how many abortions one can have? I plan on having at least three more, that would make it six in total for me.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

You live in a Utopia that does not currently exist. I draw the line at someone killing when it is UNNECESSARY!

If you or your family are personally attacked, you will change your toon rather quickly. It is merely the Silence of the Babies that allows you free reign over the discussion. Well, I and some others, are here to represent them!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This "doctor" Tiller was one of only a HANDFUL of doctors in this entire country willing to perform regularly "late term abortions". Why? The way liberals would present it would have one believe that this is just a routine procedure. It is NOT routine. Ask Obama. When he was a Senator he was the only idiot to argue for it, after a nurse wanted to treat a survivor of this ghastly "procedure".

Someone previously said "karma". I agree.

Tiller's Women's Health Care Services clinic is one of just three in the nation where abortions are performed after the 21st week of pregnancy. The clinic was heavily fortified and Tiller often traveled with a bodyguard, but Stolz said there was no indication of security at the church Sunday.

Source for above quote, Yahoo News

Obama Blocked Born Alive Infant Protection Act

I don't understand you Lefties. You piss and moan about "enhanced interrogation techniques" while supporting drilling a hole into a viable human being's skull and blending their brains. What was he doing in a church? Begging forgiveness for all the acts of murder HE did?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by CreeWolf]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Originally posted by Lilitu
Now what do we see here right in this thread but comments to the effect of... "I think killing this doctor was wrong BUT...(Pro (cough) Life talking points and bible thumping BS)" . They are expressing tacit approval of this cowardly act of terrorism just like their brethren in Mecca. Hmmmmm...

Unfortunately, pro-lifers feel a need to preface their statements with "I think killing this doctor was wrong BUT..." because if they didn't, they would be accused of supporting murder.

And that after their viewpoints have been denigrated as "bible thumping BS".:shk:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I refuse to look at the posts in this thread out of sheer fear that there may be someone here trying to justify this murder.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
The problem with these 'pro-life' zealots is that they don't realize that they ARE terrorists. Terrorists kill people simply because they disagree with them, and that's what these 'pro-lifers' advocate.

Anyway, following up on my previous post, what exactly is the limit to how many abortions one can have? I plan on having at least three more, that would make it six in total for me.

Overall, as a nation, the US disagreed with the Nazis that it was a good idea to gas Jews by the thousands. Are we a nation of terrorists then?

Simply put, the doctor's murder was a crime, not an act of terrorism.

Rather than have 3 more abortions, how about you close your legs for awhile? Wouldn't that be easier? Catholics and other religions you may deem "judgemental" have relaxed their stance on modern birth control methods (pushed by people like you). Why not use these other methods? Its truly sad one would use abortion as a birth-control method when there are so many other options out there. Its even sadder that a person would sound so proud of it.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by CreeWolf]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Murdering to prevent murder seems to be what some anti abortionists are willing to advocate, both in real life and here on the internet. Cheering the death of a man, while advocating life for others... Double standard, anyone?

That double standard is present on both sides of the aisle. As I stated earlier, the deaths of Tony Snow and others have been applauded right here on ATS.

To imply that it is present on one side only is disingenuous.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

But just remember when you become pregnant it's not JUST your body anymore, part of that man is also "inside" you, part of his body now lives and evolves inside of you, and together with your body it has created "another" life inside of you.

By this unity of his body (sperm) and your body, another body is created, the body of a living baby.

So yes not only do you control your body, but you control the whole unity of this creation.

I'm a grandmother. So obviously I've been pregnant.

Your ideology - - your idea of creation.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The real problem with the "pro-life" movement is that it is not, by any stretch of the imagination, pro-life, but merely fetus worship.

It seems that all life is holy UNTIL it passes through the birth canal, then it's worth diminishes greatly.

They do not want the medical community to judge the value of the life of an unborn child, yet they often judge the value of a human life. If they were truly "pro-life", they would be speaking out against the killing of this physician, and anyone else, including murderers and rapists. Stopping capital punishment should meet with the same fervor as abortion, yet it does not.

The Christian Right should be leading the cause against war, against capital punishment, against medical malpractice, drunk driving, toxic chemicals in our environment, starvation of the world's children -- anything which is shown to kill. But they don't.

Look at stem cell research. They oppose using fetal tissue because they believe a child was killed, yet they do not oppose the transplanting of organs from murder victims. Why? Why is the potential for life more valuable than an adult, living breathing human being?

The hypocrisy of the pro-lifers is evident when they do not speak against all killing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

Overall, as a nation, the US disagreed with the Nazis that it was a good idea to gas Jews by the thousands. Are we a nation of terrorists then?

Were you trying to make a point here?...because it doesn't seem to be the slightest bit relevant.

Simply put, the doctor's murder was a crime, not an act of terrorism.

As in many cases of terrorism, this murder was fueled by extremist political/religious views, which this individual and his supporters have. Therefore....it is terrorism.

Rather than have 3 more abortions, how about you close your legs for awhile?
Nah...I'm not concerned about getting more abortions. I've already had three. Regrettably, only one of them was late-term...but oh well.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I remember hearing Dr. Ron Paul talking about when he was an intern and he witnessed a late term abortion. It was horrifying he said. It shook him badly and as a career OB-GYN doctor he has never found the need to perform an abortion.

He described the procedure he witnessed where the Dr. removed the fetus and threw it in a trash can. The baby struggled to live and gasped for air and finally after no one helped him the baby finally died.

This Dr. had a procedure that did away with this horror by killing them in the womb days ahead of time. That way when the mother finally pushed them out into a toilet they were lifeless and the mother did not have to witness the death throws of the infant.

This horror is just beyond all imagining. How people can do this and call themselves human beings is beyond me. I do not as I have stated condone this serial killers vigilante murder but i can certainly understand the man that killed him and his reasoning. He likely had a sincere feeling that he was stopping a madman who had no respect for life in his long career of mass murder.

I am done with this thread. This subject makes me heart hurt. It makes me cry for the legions of the unborn as well as the mothers who murdered them.

May the judgment come quickly for those who murder the innocent.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
reply to post by Annee

You own your body? Why don't you make it live forever? Delusions of granduer. You were born and now you fight the Unborn, what a hypocrite! If your ideology is Death, then stop advocating it for the defenseless and choose it for yourself.

Again - your belief and ideology.

As I believe energy is my natural state and physical is temporary as planned. I do not die. Nor does any energy that lives in a host body.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by Annee
You can keep your self-righteous ideologies in your own yard.

If you can afford the permit.

Had to think about that for a minute.

Got it!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You're in denial. When you get sick, go tell your dr that you are energy and medicine doesn't pertain. Again, delusions of granduer. You didn't create yourself, therefore you have no authority to even describe your own existence. But you readily advocate the killing of the yet to be born?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
reply to post by Annee

You're in denial. When you get sick, go tell your dr that you are energy and medicine doesn't pertain. Again, delusions of granduer. You didn't create yourself, therefore you have no authority to even describe your own existence. But you readily advocate the killing of the yet to be born?

I am NOT in denial. And I have no delusions.

Not my problem you think everything should be as you perceive it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
While abortion is always problematic... no one I know is "in favor" of it... rather they support a woman's right to make her own decision... and I know no woman who has had one who did not agonize over it first.

Abortion is among a variety of things... a moral decision, a physical decision, a biological decision and a spiritual decision and on all of those levels it is a profoundly personal and private decision... and as such, it is NOBODIES BUSINESS BUT HER'S, HER PARTNER (if he is part of her life) AND HER DOCTOR'S. Certainly not a bunch of self righteous busy bodies who do not know the woman or her situation.

...and most definitely not someone who decides to take "the law" into their own hands or someone who either eggs them on or applaud their action.

Just because you may have strong moral convictions does not mean you have the right to force them onto others.

As for the "murder of the unborn" mantra... an embryo or a fetus is not a child... it is a child in the making... it is a potential life... when it can live viably outside the mother's body then it is a life... still only the doctor and the woman can determine whether it is safe or appropriate for her to have it... not activists.

The bottom line is this... if all abortion were made illegal it would not end abortions... it would just put an end to safe medical procedures and a return to back alley hack shops, coat hangers and tragic deaths.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by grover]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
While abortion is always problematic... no one I know is "in favor" of it... rather they support a woman's right to make her own decision... and I know no woman who has had one who did not agonize over it first.

Abortion is among a variety of things... a moral decision, a physical decision, a biological decision and a spiritual decision and on all of those levels it is a profoundly personal and private decision... and as such, it is NOBODIES BUSINESS BUT HER'S, HER PARTNER (if he is part of her life) AND HER DOCTOR'S. Certainly not a bunch of self righteous busy bodies who do not know the woman or her situation.

...and most definitely not someone who decides to take "the law" into their own hands or someone who either eggs them on or applaud their action.

Just because you may have strong moral convictions does not mean you have the right to force them onto others.

As for the "murder of the unborn" mantra... an embryo or a fetus is not a child... it is a child in the making... it is a potential life... when it can live viably outside the mother's body then it is a life... still only the doctor and the woman can determine whether it is safe or appropriate for her to have it... not activists.

The bottom line is this... if all abortion were made legal it would not end abortions... it would just put an end to safe medical procedures and a return to back alley hack shops, coat hangers and tragic deaths.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by grover]

Actually, I agree. I think you meant illegal though, but if we closed all clinics that performed these acts it wouldn't stop. About the only way (I see) of putting a stop to abortions is with education.
You can't legislate morality. And in the long run, this is a moral issue. If you really want to stop this type of madness, then bring morality back to the educational process. Teach religion. I don't care which, but religion is a great moral lesson (I know there are those that will rip this to shreds but hear me out) and it might get through to those of you that look at the "potential" life, and hopefully see more than a mass of tissue. When I saw the first sonogram of my son, it wasn't a mass of tissue, it was a child, a potential baseball player, a potential artist, a potential friend. Not just a potential person.
Maybe by bringing morality back to the educational process we can teach people that potential fetuses are also potential humans with lives as well.

That being said, I think I'm done with this thread.
I'm gonna go hug my kid.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I always like to make this point when discussing abortion.

Who gets in more trouble? Someone that kills a human embryo or someone who runs across a sea turtle egg and destroys it?

Why would a sea turtle egg get such extreme protection? It is not a sea turtle yet. ANSWER: Because it will potentially be a sea turtle.

Shouldn't a "potential" child be given the same rights as a "potential" sea turtle?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by groverAs for the "murder of the unborn" mantra... an embryo or a fetus is not a child... it is a child in the making... it is a potential life... when it can live viably outside the mother's body then it is a life... still only the doctor and the woman can determine whether it is safe or appropriate for her to have it... not activists.

I am 100% pro-choice, and I understand why many defend the right to have even a very late term abortion, because if they give in on one thing they will be drawing the battle lines closer and having to fight for all abortion rights.

But honestly, the issue with true late term abortions is that the offspring IS viable. Now if the fetus has a deformity of some sort, or if the mothers life is in danger then yes, definitely. And I do NOT believe that having an abortion in the 8th or 9th month for purely elective reasons is common place in the U.S., but if it were, that is just plain nasty.

As far as advocating this guys murder, well being pro-choice i do see it as terrorism. But I can certainly understand where some people that TRULY think abortion is murder (different from those that really just want to control females) would revel in this guys death. I can see where that sort of thing can get WAY out of hand, but I can also see where some wouldn't have a problem with it.

If someone were to pop a cap into Michael Vick's head it would be murder too, but I would be fine with it and call the perpetrator a hero.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well this pro lifer is not afraid to say that I am happy he is dead!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join