It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
This person was Not a doctor! Doctors Save lives Not Take them! He was a brutal killer, plain and simple. Ever see a late term abortion pictures?
I am sorry a person killed him; not for the so called doctor's sake except I hate to see even baby killers end up in hell but for the confused person that killed him.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

maybe if you had something happen, you were to give birth in just a couple of months, but they you got so sick you went to the doctor. Now you are told that if you give birth there is a good chance that you and your newborn will die. You decide to take the chance and you have your child but die. The child lives and then grows up in this world. Now suppose this child learns how you sacraficed your self for him and it makes him depressed. lets say he/she turns to heroin, starts a cult and convinces millions others to start using heroin....sounds like having that baby wasn't worth it! Of course you can't change your mind now, you're dead...so maybe think about thins a little differently and you can help change the world?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

1) Did you pro-lifers wonder why you always get called "terrorists", while pro-choicers don't?

Because as I've read in this post, many of you find it absolutely okay for Dr. Tiller to have died for all the murders he committed of the babies. In fact, you find it perfectly fine that someone is shot to "pay for all that he's done". What's next? Bombing? Destruction of Pro-choice state Nevada? What makes you any different from the Muslims who destroy for the minority or for the people who could be represented as an abstract concept at best?

Oh please. If Bush or Cheney were assassinated,you know full well that there would be 'anti-war' folks dancing in the street.

I hate 'holier than thou' tudes...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
For those of you who think what this doctor did was 'frivolous', and just birth control for whores who can't keep their legs shut, I'd like to post a few things.

In 1994 my wife and I found out that she was pregnant. The pregnancy was difficult and unusually uncomfortable but her doctor repeatedly told her things were fine. Sometime early in the 8th month my wife, an RN who at the time was working in an infertility clinic asked the Dr. she was working for what he thought of her discomfort. He examined her and said that he couldn’t be certain but thought that she might be having twins. We were thrilled and couldn’t wait to get a new sonogram that hopefully would confirm his thoughts. Two days later our joy was turned to unspeakable sadness when the new sonogram showed conjoined twins. Conjoined twins alone is not what was so difficult but the way they were joined meant that at best only one child would survive the surgery to separate them and the survivor would more than likely live a brief and painful life filled with surgery and organ transplants. We were advised that our options were to deliver into the world a child who’s life would be filled with horrible pain and suffering or fly out to Wichita Kansas and to terminate the pregnancy under the direction of Dr. George Tiller.

We made an informed decision to go to Kansas. One can only imagine the pain borne by a woman who happily carries a child for 8 months only to find out near the end of term that the children were not to be and that she had to make the decision to terminate the pregnancy and go against everything she had been taught to believe was right. This was what my wife had to do. Dr. Tiller is a true American hero. The nightmare of our decision and the aftermath was only made bearable by the warmth and compassion of Dr. Tiller and his remarkable staff. Dr. Tiller understood that this decision was the most difficult thing that a woman could ever decide and he took the time to educate us and guide us along with the other two couples who at the time were being forced to make the same decision after discovering that they too were carrying children impacted by horrible fetal anomalies. I could describe in great detail the procedures and the pain and suffering that everyone is subjected to in these situations. However, that is not the point of the post. We can all imagine that this is not something that we would wish on anyone. The point is that the pain and suffering were only mitigated by the compassion and competence of Dr. George Tiller and his staff. We are all diminished today for a host of reasons but most of all because a man of great compassion and courage has been lost to the world.

www.balloon-juice.com...-1250658

My wife is an RN and runs one of the premier Neonatal ICU’s in the country.

Her friend and coworker was 26 weeks pregnant when she found out the baby she was carrying had severe spinal issues and would be paralyzed for life IIRC from the neck down among other issues. When they decided to have the late term abortion, none of the usual hospitals would do the procedure as they were affiliated with a religion. She ended up finding a hospital that would perform the procedure, but it was no easy process at not many will do it.

As suggested upthread, my wife and I spent a week in Dr. Tiller's care after we learned our 21 week fetus had a severe defect incompatible with life. The laws in our state prevented us from ending the pregnancy there, and Dr. Tiller was one of maybe three choices in the whole nation at that gestational age.

www.metafilter.com...

The point being, most of these procedures are for very good reasons. You're drinking the kool-aid as some of you are so fond of saying, to believe that a woman carries a baby that long and then suddenly decides "I'll get rid of it, it's inconvenient'.

Specially when there are only three doctors in the US that do this. It's more expensive, involves travel and health complications. It isn't done frivolously.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah, there always has to be a lunatic fringe, regardless of political allegiance or moral integrity.

The Unabomber, for instance, was your basic dyed-in-the-wool Al-Gore-quoting eco-groupie, a goddamned leftist intellectual lunatic who just happened to love bombing people to death. The Beltway Snipers? Couple of funky black Muslim ghouls, out to waste as many whities as possible. Hey, it takes all types. No, all liberal assistant university professors are not secretly building bombs, and all black Muslims don't go around trying to off whitey. Neither do those opposed to abortion harbor homicidal tendencies any more than, say, the "doctor" who was objectively sticking a set of surgical scissors into a living baby's head and scrambling its brains before full birth so that it could be delivered "dead"... Sheesh.

There are nutjobs on both sides of every issue. In this case, a pro-life murderer killed a pro-abortion murderer. So they cancel each other out, yes? Unfortunately, the pro-abortion side has such a commanding lead at nearly 50 million gutted babies, the pro-life side can never hope to even the score.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

'Even the score' you say. How terrible to tally it up, as if it were something trivial like a game of chess. How frightening that your other implication is that it is a war.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

If a man doesn't want an embryo of his to die, it's his responsibility to not stick his eggs into a woman who may need to not become an incubator.

EPIC FAIL.

I take it you disagree with my statement you quoted.

Therefore you must think that a man who doesn't want his embryonic offspring aborted should busy himself impregnating woman who will abort them.

Am I understanding you correctly?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I just want to point out that many of you are claiming the "fetus" cannot live on its own, therefore it can be murdered without consequence. By that same logic, could you murder a fully formed infant that has been born? Is it not still dependent on the parents for survival? If it breast feeds, is it not a parasite?

This guy was murdering fully formed babies that simply hasn't been born yet. how can you possibly think thats ok?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Late term abortions should only be done to save the mother's life. If done for any other reason it's barbaric.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lo_Pan
I just want to point out that many of you are claiming the "fetus" cannot live on its own, therefore it can be murdered without consequence. By that same logic, could you murder a fully formed infant that has been born? Is it not still dependent on the parents for survival? If it breast feeds, is it not a parasite?

This guy was murdering fully formed babies that simply hasn't been born yet. how can you possibly think thats ok?

Do you believe that a women should have to die if a late-term abortion is the only way to save her life?

Do you personally know for a fact that this doctor performed any late-term abortions that were not necessary to save womens' lives?

Would you tell an ill and broken hearted woman, who had to undergo a late-term abortion to save her life, that she had just committed murder?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's interesting how everybody is skirting, unintentionally or otherwise, my post 3/5ths into the replies on Page 10 of this thread.

Again, note the end part of what I've written, the "excessive morality" of pro-lifers.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Do you personally know for a fact that this doctor performed any late-term abortions that were not necessary to save womens' lives?

I just started a thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... that gives examples of just that.

Like the one he performed on a 14 year old girl.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
It's interesting how everybody is skirting, unintentionally or otherwise, my post 3/5ths into the replies on Page 10 of this thread.

Again, note the end part of what I've written, the "excessive morality" of pro-lifers.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by KarlG]

I specifically answered you at the top of this page.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Absolutely wasting my time, but what the hell....

Originally posted by RRconservative
Can't say I am saddened or dissappointed by the news.

Karma is real.

Indeed. I hope you will avoid experiencing the unpleasantness of perhaps a small measure of it on your own.

The Rule of Law used to mean something.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Reading through this thread, I don't understand what you Pro-Choice people are bitching about.

The person who killed this "doctor" merely performed a VERY late-term abortion!

He's going to jail for his CRIME.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

If a man doesn't want an embryo of his to die, it's his responsibility to not stick his eggs into a woman who may need to not become an incubator.

EPIC FAIL.

I love the part of this thread with the moral police, enforcing their religion apon everyone else, don't you?

[edit on 1/6/2009 by C0bzz]

Doesn't say much for home schooling or christian schools either. Since when do men have eggs?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lo_Pan

The big difference is an infant is a SEPARATE physical being that could be raised by others.

A fetus is a parastic being that will grow to huge proportions and cause many physical changes in the host, as well as typically cause a great deal of pain on delivery, and the physical changes will likely remain for a lifetime.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Loam is correct. Rule of Law must be the beacon we follow.

But RR is absolutely entitled to his opinion.

Originally posted by LilituDoesn't say much for home schooling or christian schools either. Since when do men have eggs?

I was waiting for someone to point that out!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Reading through this thread, I don't understand what you Pro-Choice people are bitching about.

The person who killed this "doctor" merely performed a VERY late-term abortion!

He's going to jail for his CRIME.

What a pathetic and moronic point of view-- even if written is jest.

I wonder if any of you would change your tune if in the attempt one of the other congregants had been shot.

At least most anti-abortion groups have had the sense to condemn the shooting.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I always like to make this point when discussing abortion.

Who gets in more trouble? Someone that kills a human embryo or someone who runs across a sea turtle egg and destroys it?

Why would a sea turtle egg get such extreme protection? It is not a sea turtle yet. ANSWER: Because it will potentially be a sea turtle.

Shouldn't a "potential" child be given the same rights as a "potential" sea turtle?

Simply a brilliant point. A great example of many hypocrisies from "the Left".

Take this star. Its just pixels but dayuuuum! I AGREE!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by debz325

And I suppose you call yourself a good Christian to boot.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join