It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

So youobviously agree with the NAZI's...

Nazi eugenics were Nazi Germany's racially-based social policies that placed the improvement of the race through eugenics at the center of their concerns and targeted those humans they identified as "life unworthy of life" (German Lebensunwertes Leben), including but not limited to the criminal, degenerate, dissident, feeble-minded, homosexual, idle, insane, religious, and weak, for elimination from the chain of heredity. More than 400,000 people were sterilized against their will, while 70,000 were killed in the Action T4.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Wrong, dear. I'm not killing people after they're out of the womb and have taken their first breath of outside air.

It's as simple as that.

P.S. And also, by the time you figure out you're gay, you're a living, breathing teenager. I don't want to hurt you AT ALL. And if you're insane... well, this WORLD must have made u insane... you're an adult already. If you're a religious nut... well, you gotta have been TOLD things by this world to have been made a religious nut. You've taken more than your fair share of outside air.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by KarlG]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have rarely read a thread on ATS that's made me as angry as this one has. I'm going to be careful what I say, because my gut instinct would mostly likely get me banned, and I've enjoyed my time here far to much to put that at risk.

But I will say this: this is terrorism. It's as much about creating fear and oh, wait for it...terror, as it is about committing murder. Don't try and make it seem like some high moral act. I'm sure every muslim terrorist would be martyr will tell you the same sorts of things. Murdering someone because you don't believe as they do, is a cowardly, filthy act of vigilantism. This man didn't break the law. You don't like what he did, you get the law changed - you don't take it into your own hands.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
I have rarely read a thread on ATS that's made me as angry as this one has. I'm going to be careful what I say, because my gut instinct would mostly likely get me banned, and I've enjoyed my time here far to much to put that at risk.

But I will say this: this is terrorism. It's as much about creating fear and oh, wait for it...terror, as it is about committing murder. Don't try and make it seem like some high moral act. I'm sure every muslim terrorist would be martyr will tell you the same sorts of things. Murdering someone because you don't believe as they do, is a cowardly, filthy act of vigilantism. This man didn't break the law. You don't like what he did, you get the law changed - you don't take it into your own hands.

ABSOLUTELY. With that one paragraph you summarize the behavior of all these pro-life GROUPS.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
It's a logical argument, because if you don't adopt these babies, and I don't adopt these babies, and ALL these ATS-ers on this forum MAY NOT be adopting these babies... who does?!

Maybe a few. One, or two, or three. Or a hundred. How many babies are born each day? Hundreds?

Wow, that point of view is very selfish and disturbing.
You are saying that it's a logical argument to kill the babies because perhaps someone will not adopt them. Wow, just wow.

Why don't you go ask all the current adults who were orphans and see if they would rather have been killed at or before birth.

As I pointed out in a previous post, there are other options besides adoption. First of all, the woman could 'man-up' and take responsibility for her child and raise it either on her own or with the help of her friends and family. Government assistance is more than plentiful in these cases.

Just because a woman was irresponsible and did not keep her legs closed or because the child will be a orphan is no reason to kill babies.

Hell, using your flawed logic, why don't we just kill all the old people in nursing homes and in old people communities who have no family to help them. I'm sure they are a burden also.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by WhatTheory

Do you feel that all your rights are included in the constitution? Obviously they're not. That's why the constitution has an amendment for unenumerated rights.

I know you'd probably love me to leave.

But it's my body and my life, and in my opinion both of those things transcend the rules set by the country that I live in.

You know, kind of like how some guys think it's okay to break laws about murder just to kill people who they think are killing awesome masses of tissue.

By the way, you don't need an abortion doctor to miscarry your baby.
*shrug*

They are unborn. They are defenseless. They're not babies. They can't survive on their own. They have no life experiences. And up to the end of the second trimester, they really are more like animal-like tumors than humans. They have tails, they're undeveloped, they're about as human as sperm.

Using your arguement, then we could kill them at and up to three or four years old.
People on a ventillator in an ICU can't breathe on their own.
Can we kill them?
Elderly folks can't feed themselves without help in some facilities, can we kill them also?
And up to the second trimester, they are certainly NOT like tumor.

May I refer you to a quote," Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny."
While the development of a human fetus does resemble vertebrates at different stages of evolution, that is no reason to kill it. There is no justification for any of this except for a misguided attempt to redefine life as something that arbitrarily begins right after the infant leaves the birth canal.
Why do they define it as murder if someone kills a fetus in a pregnant womans womb, but if she does it herself, it's ok?
Please help me understand your view on authorized murder.
I really don't and never have understood the arguement.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
I have rarely read a thread on ATS that's made me as angry as this one has.

Why?
Nobody is saying that abortion doctors should be killed. You are missing the entire point. I'm sure most if not all here think that the person who killed the doctor should be punished. The most people are saying here is that they don't feel sorry that the doctor was killed.

They feel as bad about the doctor being killed as you feel about the babies the doctor killed.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The reactions of many on this thread show that many people in this country are still easy to control using false flags. All that is missing is a pro life terrorist hiding in a cave. It would be more perfect if he were hiding in a cave in Iran. Interesting...

[edit on 31-5-2009 by eradown]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Just because a woman was irresponsible and did not keep her legs closed or because the child will be a orphan is no reason to kill babies.

LOL...you don't even TRY to hide your disdain for women! One would think you would make it less obvious because honestly it is just so ugly and would turn a lot of people off to your cause. But you don't care.

Is that how they talk at pro-life rallys? Women that can't keep their legs closed? Blatant misogynism? It is pretty ugly.

How DARE those women have sex! Men can have sex all they like but women CANNOT!!!!

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

As I pointed out in a previous post, there are other options besides adoption. First of all, the woman could 'man-up' and take responsibility for her child and raise it either on her own or with the help of her friends and family. Government assistance is more than plentiful in these cases.

What about situations where the baby is doomed to die upon delivery, due to a medical condition? Should the mother be forced to "man-up" and deliver a corpse? Do you understand how horrifying that would be?

What about situations where the mother will die if she delivers the baby? Should she be forced to "man-up" and die, likely along with the child? How does the government assist her then?

What if the woman was planning to have a child, yet due to one of the above circumstances she must choose abortion or death. What does the pro-life movement say about that? Should she have "kept her legs closed"?

I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To argue abortion based soley on rare circumstances where the fetus has died is ridiculous. You might as well argue for Hitler because he made good cheap cars.
Give me an honest reason why a healthy fetus has to be killed, and I'll listen.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
LOL...you don't even TRY to hide your disdain for women!

Huh?
You are so deluded.

Just the opposite sweetie. I love woman in all their glory.

Is that how they talk at pro-life rallys? Women that can't keep their legs closed? Blatant misogynism? It is pretty ugly.

Yeah, that's it.

Please, try reading and comprehending all the posts instead of cherry picking what helps your lame argument.

How DARE those women have sex!

Umm....yeah, if they are going to be irresponsible and selfish and abort their babies if they get pregnant. We all love sex and want as much as we can get but if you are just going to kill the baby in the event you get pregnant then yes, how dare those women.

Men can have sex all they like but women CANNOT!!!!

Well, get over it. That is one of many differences between men and woman. The woman is blessed with the huge responsibility of bearing children so it is on her since she holds the power.

If you can't do the time then don't do the crime.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

It's true, I am angry at some of the responses here. And I did get the point. Not punishing the killer of the doctor is advocating terrorism, and vigilantism.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
What about situations where the baby is doomed to die upon delivery, due to a medical condition? Should the mother be forced to "man-up" and deliver a corpse?

If she would be delivering a corpse then the baby is already dead hence it does not matter.

What about situations where the mother will die if she delivers the baby? Should she be forced to "man-up" and die, likely along with the child? How does the government assist her then?

Oh good grief, does anyone read posts before posting. This has already been answered. Of course the mother comes first. If the mother life is in danger of course she should save herself. This way she can try again and have more babies. Although, I'm sure some mothers would sacrifice themselves in order to deliver their child.

All these "what if" scenarios are ridiculous.
If "if" was a "skiff", we would go for a boatride.
I guess you missed the post with the link stating that over 90% of abortions are for convienence and the remaining few are for health/rape reasons.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Alright then. Enjoy your simple perfect world.

Guess you don't have a logical response since all you can do is put together a one liner.

How is that comment even relevant? I don't know what world you live in but it sure isn't reality.

Using your flawed logic, are you saying that these young single moms should not take responsibility for their actions and not ask for their family to help them. Are you saying they are not offered government assistance?

So please enlighten us with your vast wisdom and tell us of this 'perfect world' of yours.

I gave you some options for your specific scenario yet you offer none. Oh wait, your option is to kill the babies. Got it.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by WhatTheory]

Nah, I just think you're a small minded fanatic with no concept of any sort of reality except your own and who my words would be wasted on. So what's the point of even engaging you dialogue as has been evidenced in the last four pages of this thread. But the whores just need cross their legs! Seriously, how old are you?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
How awful...and yes, karma is real. I plan on having an abortion or two in honor of this fallen man...And if I enjoy the procedure, then I'll make it a dozen. Nobody to stop me....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There a mass numbers on both sides, but the partial birth debate instills rage on many.
Here is some info on the good, late Dr.

www.abortionessay.com...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am a "pro-life" conservative. I was saddened by the horrible death of Dr. Tiller. You see, many of us are pro-life and that means we include life as living human beings who do things we disagree with. There are some evil human beings who do horrible things...on both sides of the issue. The people on the extremes should not be cast in the same group as one general political or religious side. In a logical sense, you know the questions about some loons being roms and some roms are twacks...does that mean all loons are twacks...etc. Just b/c this person (if the shooter was even an extremist on the side of pro-life - which makes such little sense) claims to be anti-abortion, doesn't mean that all anti-abortion people would go out and kill someone who doesn't agree. If you are pro-abortion (choice) and someone kills a judge who judges with a pro-life stance b/c they feel the judge is being unfair...would that mean all pro-choice people are going to tote guns and kill the person who disagrees with them? That's ridiculous. We don't all applaud this senseless act of violence. Not all of us! Please be careful how you represent the pro-lifers. Also...I hope other readers will be careful of how you judge other pro-lifers. ***The first thing that came to my mind when I read the article was that maybe a pro-choicer could've done this to cast bad light on pro-lifers....then I thought about it and realized...whoever did this...had so many problems besides what side of the aisle they stood on.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Nah, I just think you're a small minded fanatic with no concept of any sort of reality except your own and who my words would be wasted on. So what's the point of even engaging you dialogue as has been evidenced in the last four pages of this thread.

Said the man who was beaten down.

Great, again you have nothing of relevance to say. I gave you possible solutions and other options other than killing babies and somehow you think I am the fanatic. Priceless.

You cannot come up with a better solution than me other than to kill unborn babies. WoW, you are so smart.

But the whores just need cross their legs! Seriously, how old are you?

Typical liberal response here folks.

Not once did I use the word "whore" or imply they were one. That is your twisted thinking. I will dumb it down so even you can understand. These yound girls who become pregnant are not whores as you suggested, they only made some bad decisions. Instead of killing their babies, I gave some other options, and yet you feel that is extreme. Strange and bizarre.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When I was young I had an abortion. I wanted to keep the baby and thought I could, yet my parents strongly suggested or pretty much gave me no choice to have the abortion. I believe that if someone would have given me options at the abortion clinic, I would have opted for having the baby for a family who wanted a baby, etc. Later, I listened to a sermon where the preacher said "The safest place for a baby is the mother's womb". That changed me. I realized that this child that I aborted was planned by God. I decided to take the life of that child b/c I wasn't married and it wouldn't be good for my job. I know that I have been forgiven for that...but I sure have changed my views. It is bad enough when someone aborts a gift of God b/c they didn't use protection (like me) but when they have allowed the child to grow...even if the child would be born with Down's Syndrome (which God can use for His glory) I can't fathom the goodness in that. The mother's womb should be the safest place for that baby to grow and have a chance at life. Too dang bad that your job might be affected. I know when I see my baby in heaven that I aborted...I will have fresh regret...I am so sorry I did that. I wish someone would have spoken to me before I did that to the child that God planned to live on this earth. People who don't believe in God won't even understand this post and I won't expect them to. I think that my choice is somewhere up there in the statistics of your average everyday abortion choice. Shame on me!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Alright I'll say one thing about this

I went to a religious high school where the majority of girls there got knocked up because their parents were too gutless and religious to talk about sex and because the school offered no sort of any realistic sex education. A few had abortions, most kept their kids. The ones who did are now on welfare and their lives have been destroyed. In our society there is so little done to help young people or young girls know about sex, or to help in the transition of growing up. A significant minority of the girls I knew (I'd say around 35%) had abortions and were able to go about their lives. Without having abortion they either would've been forced into a god awful life where they tried to fend for themselves or their kids on welfare the best they could, they would've tried to have the abortion done illegally, or they would've simply abandoned the kid. Small minded people like you have no concept of reality and keep screaming about "killing babies" and have no concept of the mothers or the reality of these people's situations. They're not getting rid of the pregnancies because it's some kind of fun and games selfish, they're getting of the pregnancies because there's no way they'd be able to have a good future or their kids would be able to have a good future. Also from a realistic point of a view, what infrastructure is there going to be in place once abortion is outlawed? More taxes for #ed up lives? Yeah great thinking pro-lifers. Until you adopt a kid or you support single mother causes, I think you're a ridiculous hypocrite. Judging by the way you're acting in this thread, I think you have no idea what the hell you're talking about and I seriously suspect you're under 25.

Go ahead big man, rip it apart.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join