It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Thank God for Progressives in this country.

No Man will ever tell me or have control of my body!

You can keep your self-righteous ideologies in your own yard.

Many a man and woman gave their lives for our Freedom.

Freedom to take innocent life? Is that really what you think they were fighting for?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I think you have no idea what the hell you're talking about and I seriously suspect you're under 25.

Go ahead big man, rip it apart.

What's age got to do with this debate? What's wrong with being under 25?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

Freedom to take innocent life? Is that really what you think they were fighting for?

That is your belief and ideology - - it isn't mine.

However - - Freedom of Choice - - Freedom of Ideology - - Freedom by law that I own my body.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
was this a white doctor that was shot?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I see your point, well said I guess.

But just remember when you become pregnant it's not JUST your body anymore, part of that man is also "inside" you, part of his body now lives and evolves inside of you, and together with your body it has created "another" life inside of you.

By this unity of his body (sperm) and your body, another body is created, the body of a living baby.

So yes not only do you control your body, but you control the whole unity of this creation.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You own your body? Why don't you make it live forever? Delusions of granduer. You were born and now you fight the Unborn, what a hypocrite! If your ideology is Death, then stop advocating it for the defenseless and choose it for yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

If you can afford the permit.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Some thoughts...

How DARE those women have sex! Men can have sex all they like but women CANNOT!!!!

I really don't want to get into this discussion, but abortion is a decision made almost exclusively by the woman. Men have no right to overrule that decision.

Fair...? Maybe that's the way God decided the 'fairness' issue on this matter.

My problem with these late term abortions is the fact that eight months had to go by before the baby was aborted. I say 'baby' because at 8 months they are viable.

Many diseases can be detected well before 8 months, so that argument is weakened.

To those that are pounding on religion in general and Christians in particular, how do you address the irony that Tiller was an active member of his *Christian* church?

To those casting the term 'terrorist' around... to me, a defining characteristic of a terrorist is one who deliberately attacks innocents.

Now I ask you, was Tiller any less a terrorist than Roeder?

Finally, I can remember actual joy being expressed by some over the deaths of people such as Tony Snow. Some of those same people are now 'disgusted' over the lack of sadness for this man. Hypocritical?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
To those that are pounding on religion in general and Christians in particular, how do you address the irony that Tiller was an active member of his *Christian* church?

Zealots are a whole different breed of cat. How ironic than most are fundamentalist religious types. Yes Christians are singled out in this case as the majority of the Pro Life Zealots claim to have deep religious convitions. Mind you Christians do not have a monopoly on this type of extremism. No matter what the religion or issue extremism is just that.

To those casting the term 'terrorist' around... to me, a defining characteristic of a terrorist is one who deliberately attacks innocents.

Yep, and the shoe fits for the zealots in this case. Assasinations, bombings, intimidation, threats. Sounds like a page from the Al Quada book of good times.

What crime did Tiller commit? Once again it sounds like your trying to justify his actions.

[edit on 6/1/09 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Funny how that what goes around comes around. It wasn't all that long ago I heard (and read) christians deriding muslims for not denouncing Islamic terrorism strongly enough. The general opinion was that the muslims and/or Islamic organizations who were risking their lives to speak out against terrorism were nonetheless tacitly excusing it by citing reasons why the Islamic world is so justifiably angry and what the West needs to do to appease them. And right they were! The muslims were indeed excusing their terrorists.

Now what do we see here right in this thread but comments to the effect of... "I think killing this doctor was wrong BUT...(Pro (cough) Life talking points and bible thumping BS)" . They are expressing tacit approval of this cowardly act of terrorism just like their brethren in Mecca. Hmmmmm...

To quote your favorite failed president...

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
Now what do we see here right in this thread but comments to the effect of... "I think killing this doctor was wrong BUT...(Pro (cough) Life talking points and bible thumping BS)" . They are expressing tacit approval of this cowardly act of terrorism just like their brethren in Mecca. Hmmmmm...

To quote your favorite failed president...

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

Come one man dont rain reality down on thier double standard.

What Bush really ment was "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists., BUT if you are a ultra right wing religious zealot belonging to a group that votes for me and wish to fire bomb, assasinate, and otherwise cause general terror to those you fundamentaly oppose, you get a pass

Thank god Ashcroft is no longer running the Justice department

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

If there's one thing I don't mind being called an extremist on, it's Life. Maybe I'm a little biased, being among the Living and all.

See, that's the thing, the babies have no voice. Their fate is decided by those who were already Born, the ultimate Hypocrites. Just think, if what you are advocating for them had happened to you, you wouldn't be here to advocate anything. What then?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Unless something has changed in the past few hours, it's not known who shot the doctor.

Odds seem good it was some form of "prolife" zealot, but no one knows that for sure.

Murdering to prevent murder seems to be what some anti abortionists are willing to advocate, both in real life and here on the internet. Cheering the death of a man, while advocating life for others... Double standard, anyone?

In case anyone cares...

Abortion should be strictly limited to those instances where the mothers health, mental as well as physical, are at stake.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Do you still lament the death of Hitler then? Where exactly do you draw the line?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
reply to post by seagull

Do you still lament the death of Hitler then? Where exactly do you draw the line?

Hitler was a war criminal.

Tiller was a doctor. A controversial one, but what he did was legal.

There is really no comparing the two. Murder may be justified in your skewed perspective, but it is hardly Christian.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Unless something has changed in the past few hours, it's not known who shot the doctor.

The gunman fled, but a 51-year-old suspect was detained some 170 miles away in suburban Kansas City three hours after the shooting, Wichita Deputy Police Chief Tom Stolz said.

Although Stolz refused to release the man's name, Johnson County sheriff's spokesman Tom Erickson identified the detained man as Scott Roeder. A 51-year-old man named Scott Roeder was booked into the Sedgwick County Jail in Wichita on Sunday night on one count of first-degree murder and two counts of aggravated assault. He was being held without bond.

Court records and Internet postings show that someone using the name Scott Roeder has a criminal past and has expressed anti-abortion opinions on sympathetic Web sites.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

You advocate the death of people to preserve the life of others people? Where do you draw the line? All I have ever said is that I find it somewhat hypocritical to condemn death, yet advocate it seemingly in the same breathe.

Feel free to equate that with "mourning Hitler" all you want, if that's what floats your boat.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You know this linked article headline could have just as accurately read something like this:

Unapologetic Remorseless Serial Killer of the Unborn Gunned Down in the Church that welcomed his kind.

The law in Kansas permitted this mass murder and in the end lead this vigilante to seek his own form of justice.

The governor of the State of Kansas obviously does not care that Dr Death was killing the unborn from every other state that abhors the killing of the unborn.

For $5000 each he would stack them deep and kill them cheap. It was bringing revenue into this state so I guess that was OK so turn a blind eye. Late term abortion is just plain murder.

If he did not kill them with saline solution days before they were pushed out into the toilet and flushed down the drain they would likely be alive and start crying and struggling for life.

How would you people who support this kind of senseless murder feel after seeing video of that? There are a lot of people who can not have a child. Unless a mother would be killed by giving birth why is it OK to kill the child?

People have no respect for life. That is the reason among many this nation is going to hell. If the majority of this nation is of this opinion than it deserves to go to hell I think.

This subject is just so disgusting. All of you abortionist are dead inside already. You are just zombies feeding on the flesh of the unborn. This is child sacrifice for the sake of expedience and denial of responsibility for the life you have created.

I would not even kill a fly. I routinely just capture them and take them outside. After all it is not their fault they are lost.

Defending those little people who can not defend themselves though it is a tough call.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by jsobecky

Zealots are a whole different breed of cat. How ironic than most are fundamentalist religious types.

I don't see any irony in that. You use the term 'zealot' very loosely. And then you try to associate zealots with pro-lifers. You don't give us your opinionon the religious tenor of pro-choicers...

Very loosey-goose, FredT.

Yes Christians are singled out in this case as the majority of the Pro Life Zealots claim to have deep religious convitions. Mind you Christians do not have a monopoly on this type of extremism. No matter what the religion or issue extremism is just that.

I don't know where to start with that statement.

Yep, and the shoe fits for the zealots in this case. Assasinations, bombings, intimidation, threats. Sounds like a page from the Al Quada book of good times.

You miss the point entirely. Tiller was the target. Terrorists are much less selective about who they attack.

What crime did Tiller commit? Once again it sounds like your trying to justify his actions.

What crime did the babies commit? Once again it sounds like your trying to justify his actions.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by WhatTheory

The doctor didn't kill babies, he was doing his job by aborting fetuses. He didn't go up to someone's infant and stab it in the face. He did a medical procedure that is also very common in cases when fetuses are diagnosed with horrible medical conditions late in the pregnancy. The doctor was a full grown, self-sustaining human being with life experiences. The "baby" was a mass of tissue and organs.

Hmm was he not also just a mass of tissue and organs by your logic?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join