It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
We all love sex and want as much as we can get but if you are just going to kill the baby in the event you get pregnant then yes, how dare those women.

If a man doesn't want an embryo of his to die, it's his responsibility to not stick his eggs into a woman who may need to not become an incubator.

Funnily enough I don't hear any "how dare he," from the anti-choicers.

Well, get over it. That is one of many differences between men and woman. The woman is blessed with the huge responsibility of bearing children so it is on her since she holds the power.

Yes, typical, it's the woman's responsibility . . .

The man's job is only to get her preggers and then hate and punish her for letting him.

If you can't do the time then don't do the crime.

And this is the angst underlying the hatred of so many anti-abortionists.

Like WhatTheory, in their hearts they equate sex with crime, and want to see any woman who has sex punished by having a baby.

It's sad that the misogynistic lies in the book of Genesis, condemning womankind forever to giving birth in pain and agony as punishment for sharing the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, are still infecting thinking is this modern age. Combine a childhood education in that type of thinking with the bitter hatred of a creep who can't handle the rejection he experiences, and you have a mean little bundle of raging despicability.

It's sad that supposedly educated people in a forum like this can lend "moral" support to such pathetic thugs who turn to murder and terrorism to further their aims.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

As I pointed out in a previous post, there are other options besides adoption. First of all, the woman could 'man-up' and take responsibility for her child and raise it either on her own or with the help of her friends and family. Government assistance is more than plentiful in these cases.

Just because a woman was irresponsible and did not keep her legs closed or because the child will be a orphan is no reason to kill babies.

Hell, using your flawed logic, why don't we just kill all the old people in nursing homes and in old people communities who have no family to help them. I'm sure they are a burden also.

The argument doesn't hold... because while they are burdens they are less likely to run into social problems... old age doesn't exactly make crime a very easy thing.

And before I get flamed for that statement, I have to say, I agree with you. There ARE possibilities, and many other options she could consider, other plans she could CHOOSE... i.e. pro-CHOICE.

I'm not saying abortion is MANDATORY here.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
I refuse to look at the posts in this thread out of sheer fear that there may be someone here trying to justify this murder.

My friend, there already have been. Like you, I don't backtrack all the pages, thankfully.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I do not condone needless abortions (ie not medical emergency to baby or mother) nor murder. People get murdered every day. The MSM will hype this one like no other and Christian bashers will get on their soapbox. A small victory for Satan. But he will still lose the war.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by WhatTheory

The doctor didn't kill babies, he was doing his job by aborting fetuses. He didn't go up to someone's infant and stab it in the face. He did a medical procedure that is also very common in cases when fetuses are diagnosed with horrible medical conditions late in the pregnancy. The doctor was a full grown, self-sustaining human being with life experiences. The "baby" was a mass of tissue and organs.

Hmm was he not also just a mass of tissue and organs by your logic?

How is it that babies have life experiences? How is it that babies have opinions, a wife and children? how is it that babies know what is happening to them?

Perhaps that is what you are arguing for - the fact that babies do not have a voice, and not that foetuses got aborted. Make yourself clear, and read the original poster's reply clearer.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You are saying that it is ok to kill the innocent defenseless babies because the mother might have it tough. WoW!! Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. How about all the mothers who did tough it out and they and their children are living productive and happy lives. Pathetic!

Talk about a small mind.

You quote me the percentage of people living productive and happy lives with mothers who got pregnant "accidentally". Tell me how many times their mother rubs it in their face that they were accidents.

Are you one of them?

If not, don't speak, because you live in a strangely happy world where the flowers are forever red and the grass is forever green; the sun never sets and everyone is rich, contented, unselfish and the economy is flourishing.

Not happening. Reality calls for a different approach.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Many years ago, I carried a pro-choice sign and marched in support of Dr. Tiller in Wichita. Since then, I have watched enough videos of babies in the womb and studied the scriptures and I know that abortion is very wrong. I was a born-again Christian then, and still am. Where our 'rights' as women conflict with God's word, we must defer to Him.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

I'm adopted. Considering the alternative, kinda glad I was.
Now I know there are those of you who would have found it easier to support killing me, and I'm glad you weren't around then. For those of you who appreciate life and are against abortion, thanks, your support probably saved my life back then. For those of you who wanted to kill me, or others like me, tell that to my two sons.

You go against everything we have been arguing for as pro-choicers. Bravo to you, sir, I have IMMENSE RESPECT for you and I find you an inspiration.

But...Pro-CHOICE doesn't equal pro-ABORTION. I'm not saying ABORT immediately, I'm saying make a choice, unplanned mothers, if you WANT TO abort or not.

Of course, mandatory abortion is NOT COOL, because that makes us pro-abortionists as much as MANY PEOPLE are pro-lifers. We are pro-choice. You can keep or you can abort. Your mother, then, chose to keep, and that has proved a wise decision, clearly.

Some might not turn out as lucky or as good as you.

At the very base of it all, that's what makes us different from pro-lifers. Not that we support abortion (because I don't think it should be 100%) it's because we encourage THOUGHT. A CHOICE between two. A DECISION.

Not "absolutely keep", which is about as narrow-minded and fundamentalist as it can get. It's the 21st century, people, these women can make their decisions for themselves. Can make a CHOICE.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
This "doctor" Tiller was one of only a HANDFUL of doctors in this entire country willing to perform regularly "late term abortions". Why? The way liberals would present it would have one believe that this is just a routine procedure. It is NOT routine. Ask Obama. When he was a Senator he was the only idiot to argue for it, after a nurse wanted to treat a survivor of this ghastly "procedure".

Someone previously said "karma". I agree.

Tiller's Women's Health Care Services clinic is one of just three in the nation where abortions are performed after the 21st week of pregnancy. The clinic was heavily fortified and Tiller often traveled with a bodyguard, but Stolz said there was no indication of security at the church Sunday.

Source for above quote, Yahoo News

Obama Blocked Born Alive Infant Protection Act

I don't understand you Lefties. You piss and moan about "enhanced interrogation techniques" while supporting drilling a hole into a viable human being's skull and blending their brains. What was he doing in a church? Begging forgiveness for all the acts of murder HE did?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by CreeWolf]

I love you creewolf

I pray there is a god.

[edit on 083030p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"Kill the sinner, not the sin" Did I get that quote right????

Jesus is smiling down from heaven, we know how many he killed to spread the word of God!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I've never claimed otherwise, Jso. The blistering rhetorical flourishes are excessive from both sides.

I would rather the practise of abortion not exist at all...however, this is the real world, and the practise is sometimes neccessary. My feelings on the matter don't really matter, a man was murdered, his occupation is still a legal one in the United States. In the eyes of the law, he was doing nothing wrong. What God thinks of it will be brought to our attention at a later date...

I just got home from work, do the police have a suspect as yet? Or is it still complete conjecture?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
. . .
But honestly, the issue with true late term abortions is that the offspring IS viable. Now if the fetus has a deformity of some sort, or if the mothers life is in danger then yes, definitely. And I do NOT believe that having an abortion in the 8th or 9th month for purely elective reasons is common place in the U.S., but if it were, that is just plain nasty.

As far as advocating this guys murder, well being pro-choice i do see it as terrorism. But I can certainly understand where some people that TRULY think abortion is murder (different from those that really just want to control females) would revel in this guys death. I can see where that sort of thing can get WAY out of hand, but I can also see where some wouldn't have a problem with it.

If someone were to pop a cap into Michael Vick's head it would be murder too, but I would be fine with it and call the perpetrator a hero.

Sonya, don't forget that all the bad stuff we have heard about this doctor is from anti-abortion hate sites.

We have no reason to believe that he did any 3rd trimester abortions that were medically unnecessary.

There are a variety of medical reasons for very late-term abortions, and preventing this option causes some women horrendous deaths.
Likely as not these women will be devastated at losing their babies in this way, and having trouble with the law at the very least rubs salt into a painful wound.

Did you realise there were only 3 doctors in America doing late term abortions? And that was only a part of their practices?
With 2 billion people in America, it only needs a minute percentage of pregnancies to turn out like this for these doctors to be vital to protect women's health.

In killing doctors like this innocent women may be being killed too.

3rd trimester abortions: the mothers' stories

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
OK,

GENERAL THING THAT ADHERES TO THIS POST:

1) Did you pro-lifers wonder why you always get called "terrorists", while pro-choicers don't?

Because as I've read in this post, many of you find it absolutely okay for Dr. Tiller to have died for all the murders he committed of the babies. In fact, you find it perfectly fine that someone is shot to "pay for all that he's done". What's next? Bombing? Destruction of Pro-choice state Nevada? What makes you any different from the Muslims who destroy for the minority or for the people who could be represented as an abstract concept at best?

It's shocking that a 51-year-old man shot Dr. Tiller. What has he to do with abortion? Like SO MANY of you pointed out, a woman apparently "cannot keep her legs shut", and the fault of her unwanted pregnancy DOES NOT FALL ON A MAN WHATSOEVER.

So why did this 51-yr-old bother?

2) Because you are ABSOLUTE in your beliefs. What makes pro-life different from pro-choice? Because pro-choice allows for CHOICE. For a decision to be made between TWO options, abortion or keeping. Whereas you pro-lifers INSIST on keeping it, REGARDLESS of circumstance or problems. It seems even if the mother would die, "life" is the only option. You argue that that forms a minority, but you don't consider the repercussions in the long-term.

And when people disagree with you, you bring a gun to people. You don't hear reason... you are so adamant in your beliefs. But pro-choicers allow for ONE or THE OTHER. It's not like we're saying YOU HAVE TO ABORT, we're saying ABORTION IS FINE AS WELL, DON'T WRITE IT OFF.

You're saying YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT, AND IF ANYONE DOES ANYTHING OTHERWISE, I WILL RAISE HELL AND SHOOT AND BOMB. VERY EXTREMIST, much? God complex? Rationalize it however you want - it's still outrageous.

3) So before you go around asking "Why are my views being seen as terrorist views", you must understand where you're coming from and what you sound like. You may not be such an extremist, you may have condemned the murder, and you may not resort to shooting someone, but WHY ARE YOUR VIEWS PERCEIVED THAT WAY?

Because there are black sheep amongst you, who keep propagating that view. The 51-yr-old shooter. The people who are such bigots "the women can't keep their legs shut" instead of considering "it's as much the fault of the man, so it's not right the woman is the only one to suffer if baby is born", the people who insist that "You are all Hitlers because you wish to execute people with Down's Syndrome" instead of considering we do not insist on this far-out idea of "execution (with a gas chamber, apparently)", but merely suggest the possibility of considering it should circumstances be unfavorable.

We're, apparently, either Hitlers or we're YOU. That's so extremist it's horrifying.

As far as I see it, pro-choicers are doing the right things, because they are encouraging free will. They are encouraging better lives for everybody in general. They are encouraging realistic options... saving the lives, figuratively and literally, of the mother, and to allow for best future chances for all in general.

But pro-lifers... are concerned with NO realism whatsoever. "The baby has a heartbeat". "It has fingernails." "You are killing people without a voice". You are overly concerned with the morals (note the 'OVERLY') and forget to consider the REALISTIC REPERCUSSIONS of what might happen if an unplanned baby came into this world. You equate it to old people who have led full lives before them, who may still be sharp as tacks (John McCain, ahem).

But we are considering BOTH the moral implications AND the realistic implications. We encourage women to MAKE THE DISTINCTION AND CHOICE between the MORALITY and REALISM of life. No one aspect is allowed to dominate the other. That is not what pro-life is doing.

And you may say I'm rare, and not everyone thinks like that, etc... but look around this post for starters.

No double-standards please. Pro-life = Pro-life ALL!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
Many years ago, I carried a pro-choice sign and marched in support of Dr. Tiller in Wichita. Since then, I have watched enough videos of babies in the womb and studied the scriptures and I know that abortion is very wrong. I was a born-again Christian then, and still am. Where our 'rights' as women conflict with God's word, we must defer to Him.

You made your CHOICE

It is not my CHOICE

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by novacs4me

You made your CHOICE

It is not my CHOICE

Yes. We are Pro-CHOICE.

Feel free to choose, you won't hear no condemnation from us.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
what would rather have, a baby or a doctor who kills babies.

I'd pick the doctor, because the baby has nothing to contribute, maybe it would in the future, but the baby could turn out to be a mass murder!

I'm anti-procreation and anti-religion! Most of the world population has been lied to and brainwashed for their whole lives, why would I trust them to make a choice for all Women?

Life may not be as precious and you think maybe? Maybe there is a "God" only because humans what there to be one?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If a man doesn't want an embryo of his to die, it's his responsibility to not stick his eggs into a woman who may need to not become an incubator.

EPIC FAIL.

I love the part of this thread with the moral police, enforcing their religion apon everyone else, don't you?

[edit on 1/6/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Yeah, it's great

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Originally posted by Kailassa
Sonya, don't forget that all the bad stuff we have heard about this doctor is from anti-abortion hate sites.

We have no reason to believe that he did any 3rd trimester abortions that were medically unnecessary.

Kansas law requires that the performing physician obtain the supporting opinion of 2 other dr's that the life of the woman was in danger.

Now, most doctors would perform the abortion if the life of the other were endangered.

So why did women travel to Kansas to get their abortion?

Because Kansas skirts the law by accepting 'mother's mental health' as a valid reason. Impossible to disprove, and an open door to kill a viable baby.

That's just sick.

Did you realise there were only 3 doctors in America doing late term abortions? And that was only a part of their practices?
With 2 billion people in America, it only needs a minute percentage of pregnancies to turn out like this for these doctors to be vital to protect women's health.

First off, I'd like to see your proof of that.

Second, the US has approx. 300 million people. You inflated it by a factor of 6.66.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jsobecky]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This person was Not a doctor! Doctors Save lives Not Take them! He was a brutal killer, plain and simple. Ever see a late term abortion pictures?
I am sorry a person killed him; not for the so called doctor's sake except I hate to see even baby killers end up in hell but for the confused person that killed him.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join