It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

www.foxnews.com

WICHITA, Kan. — DEVELOPING: Media reports say that abortion provider Dr. George Tiller has been shot and killed at his Wichita church.

Tiller has been among the few U.S. physicians performing late-term abortion. His clinic has repeatedly been the site of protests for about two decades.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Tiller the baby killer shot dead. The pro-death advocates are going to have a field day going after "right-wing fundamentalists". I'm sure the label of terrorist is going to be thrown out merciously.

Can't say I am saddened or dissappointed by the news.

If you live violently you are more apt to die violently. Karma is real.

www.foxnews.com

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There is no correlation in violence between performing an abortion and murdering someone with a gun. One is a simple medical procedure and the other is a heinous act of violence. Making statements like that only shows how desperate and sick the entire so-called "right to life" movement really is. Funny, you never ever see or hear of the pro-choice movement bombing clinics, doctors or hospitals, or stalking medical workers who do not perform abortions. Or putting their addresses out on the net so others can stalk them and commit premitated crimes against them. Or throwing "fetuses" at people in public places. I invested some time when I was younger to check out this movement to see what it was about and the common denominator with every single person I have met in the pro-life movement is mental illness, they all appear to be paranoid and suffer from delusions of grandeur regarding aural hallucinations from "god."

I'm not a believer in the whole FEMA camp nonsense but if they do exist, rounding them up to keep the public safe may be a good idea.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

He may not have been murdered because he was an abortion Doctor. He may have been murdered for other reasons.

The anti abortionists do not kill men like Tiller because people like him are easily replaced. Already a sub par doctor is frothing at the mouth at the thought of all the money he or she will make taking over Tiller's job.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by eradown]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Your applauding the death of someone who doesn't hold to your believes is sickening. After reading many of your posts on here, I would say that right-wing fundamentalists or maybe Zealot would be an apt descrption of you.

Thank God you're a minority.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

If it turns out he was murdered by an anti abortionist, no proof of that as yet... but the question will be, how does this make the murderer any better than the doctor he/she murdered? Not a whole hell of a lot, to my mind...

Karma's real. Indeed. So is hypocrisy.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Tiller the baby killer shot dead. The pro-death advocates are going to have a field day going after "right-wing fundamentalists". I'm sure the label of terrorist is going to be thrown out merciously.

How Ironic if the killer turn out to be "pro-life." Anyone who applauds this action is a hypocrite. The person who committed that crime is a murderer who will answer for the sin in good time.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isthisthingon

Your applauding the death of someone who doesn't hold to your believes is sickening.

Applauding? Next thing you know I'll be advocating. I'm not doing either.

The death of this man is no more disturbing than all the deaths he caused during his career.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It is both ironic and hypocritical that Tiller was in church at all. I know Lutherans are liberal ,but still...It is surprising, how many people involved in that line of work are openly Christian.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
There is no correlation in violence between performing an abortion and murdering someone with a gun. One is a simple medical procedure and the other is a heinous act of violence.

Huh? What? Are you serious? Simple medical procedure? You do realize that this doctor did late term abortions right?

So you are saying that it is a simple medical procedure to puncture the skull of the baby while still alive and then suck out the brains. Sorry, but that sounds like murder to me. Murder because a woman could not keep her legs closed knowing that she did not want a baby. Pathetic and sad.

Just to be clear, I am not applauding the murder of the doctor but what goes around comes around. While both the doctor and the person who killed the doctor performed murder, which one was worst? The doctor murdering an innocent baby or the person who stopped the doctor from murdering an innocent baby.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It still remains that nothing was resolved by this murder. It only serves to further the divide between opposite ends of the question. Many people have considered violence to rid the planet of some faulty ideal they perceive others may have. It doesn't mean that actually following through with it is the right course.

Zindo

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If you live violently you are more apt to die violently. Karma is real.

www.foxnews.com

That is one of the most disgusting things I've read on here. That is just pathetic.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Late term abortions are NOT performed on normal late term pregnancies, they are very rarely performed under a very narrow range of medical conditions where the infant's health is incompatible with survival. Often saving taxpayers and insurers hundreds of thousands or more in medical costs for babies that will not survive. Abortions generally aren't performed past late first trimester and some providers will not perform one unless there is a clear indication of fetal or maternal health issues to begin with.

I would also guarantee you that these pregnancies are more complicated than a woman who sleeps around. Heavy drug use by the mother causing severe birth defects or fetal brain damage perhaps but the mother's morals are NOT an issue here.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Not really, performing controversial procedures is a part of the Hippocratic Oath. Some doctors of all denominations don't believe in chemotherapy, blood transfusions, pain medications and other things we take for granted in the course of medical care and they still fulfill their duties as care providers by doing it. There are Jewish and Muslim medical examiners and those are cultures that do not believe in desecrating the dead by performing that procedure. It's pretty common for hospitals to flout religious dicta by having a doctor of the faith in question to oversee the procedure to give permission for it to be carried out, an easy out that avoids legal complications later on. I have a lot of respect for doctors who override personal objections to perform their jobs. Then again, a lot of people thought Mitt Romney would turn the country Mormon and set the clock back, so here we go again!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
I would also guarantee you that these pregnancies are more complicated than a woman who sleeps around. Heavy drug use by the mother causing severe birth defects or fetal brain damage perhaps but the mother's morals are NOT an issue here.

Sorry, but you using the term "guarantee" reaffirms for me that you don't know anything. If you want to make excuses becuase it helps you sleep better at night then go for it but unless the mothers health is in danger, abortion is murder.

Secondly, using your example, you prove my point about the morals of some mothers. So you are saying that just because a mother is a heavy drug user it is ok for her to murder a baby. That is some backwards logic if I have ever heard it.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nice to see the apologists for Christian terrorism are out in force
And yes, I did say terrorism. No different for the bombings that occurred at abortion clinics in the United States. All were the work of Christian fundamentalism.

Thou shall not kill? Any takers? Preciously, hypercritical individuals

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Nice to see the apologists for Christian terrorism are out in force
And yes, I did say terrorism. No different for the bombings that occurred at abortion clinics in the United States. All were the work of Christian fundamentalism.

Thou shall not kill? Any takers? Preciously, hypercritical individuals

Well, its obvious you are the typical knee-jerk response type of person who cannot comprehend what they are reading because I don't see anyone saying that they support the killing of the doctor. The most they are saying is that they don't feel bad about the killing of the doctor.

Look at it this way.....They feel as bad about the doctor being killed as you apparently feel about all the innocent babies the doctor killed.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Look at it this way.....They feel as bad about the doctor being killed as you apparently feel about all the innocent babies the doctor killed.

A shame I signed a petition for the abortion period to be lowered in the United Kingdom. Yeah, I know, I've made you looked stupid but hey

WhatTheory, I'm sure Jesus won't be too upset and will forgive you.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Your argument holds no water. If you assume that you have the right to punish "mothers" for misdeeds....including legal and prescription drugs that can do just as much damage to a fetus as crack .... by forcing them to give birth to children that cannot be saved or treated then you also must concede that abortions have potentially prevented the birth of violent criminals and future Madoffs. You can't play the piano on one side.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If it turns out that this doctor was killed by a "prolife" advocate, it raises the level of hypocrisy to new heights.

My question is this: What does this solve? Death to prevent death? All this'll do is harden opinions even more, resulting in more deaths.

But it may turn out that this murder isn't even related to his profession.

But no matter who, it is and will remain a murder. Unjustifiable by any measure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join