It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in aliens UFO's?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by darknovae

in our universe there is more stars than every little grain of sand on the beaches of earth..and when there is stars there can be planets revolving around them..and when we have planets there can be the possibilities of life on those planets..so the possiblities are so vast that its odd to think that intelligent life is formed on earth out of a zillion trillion stars and planets out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

Originally posted by mf_luder

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

No, there's no mirror. We don't need any mirror to bounce a laser off the moon. Nobody has ever seen any junk left behind.

Check out this dynomite link. This will convince you. Look it over real carefully.

nasascam.bravehost.com...

Here's a link to a NASA film where they talk about taking an exploratory satellite to check out radiation and such for a possible trip to the moon in 2020. They admit the radiation is prohibitive.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

You're right. Except the Apollo astronauts didn't leave "junk" behind - they left those mirrors.

There's actually 4 reflectors (mirrors). I was off by 3.

Go read this.

cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Simply saying they don't have reflectors on the moon isn't good enough. I know for a fact they're there. I trust my best friend. There are several other reports about laser range finding and test between the Earth and the Moon here:

search.nasa.gov...

This is bogus. You don't need a mirror to bounce a laser off the moon. Here's an excerpt from a book discussing this laser mirror thing in great detail. It appears that NASA has no coordinates of where any of the moon landings took place anyway or where the supposed mirrors were placed. Even if there were mirrors left (which there were not), nobody knows where they are because NASA has no coordinates. It's not something you can check out with a telescope. You must know where they are located and there is absolutely no way to know, according to NASA itself. Also, the laser beam spreads out, and -- well, just read it for yourself. The Mod will be cutting us off here because we're getting off track. But really, look at the sites I sent you. No possible way, Jose.
books.google.com...,+moon,+hoax&source=bl&ots=234idimJ_o&sig=N3G7as7Mluhh0RFZ peeINjReARQ&hl=en&ei=NIqsSfzMIoPUNPu6vO4E&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPA219,M1" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Dude! even GOOGLE has coordinates for the moon landings. I would assume NASA gave them to google.

www.google.com...

As far as mirrors on the moon, mythbusters had a pretty good episode about this where they had this woman at a telescope installation bounce a laser off a random location of the moon and measure the bounce back (for a "control") then repeating the same while aiming the laser at one of the mirrors. The result? There are mirrors on the moon. I suppose maybe the myth busters are in on the moon landing conspiracy... that's for you to believe or not.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Because its more likely then believing that everything was created out of thin air by some alpha presence.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I believe they exist just because I dont think all of these occurrences are just by random chance. In addition, I do understand that the United States has military technology that they might want to hide from all people on the world knowing but I think that a lot of the agents who have been in the military and told to be quiet about what they saw reveals too much.

There are too many people who have claimed to see one just to assume it's probably all military measures. In addition, if you consider that our galaxy is a grain of sand on a beach, there has to be other lifeforms somewhere probably with more advanced technology than us.

The sun is partly why we are alive, but imagine creatures who could survive off the sun. We humans define everything as we know it, but there is sure helluve a lot of space we haven't defined and with our current technology we can't define it. But there has to be some beings somewhere who are defining it and can travel faster than the speed of light.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
For me the sheer number of cases that I've read about convinced me that there was a real phenomenon, especially books like 'Above Top Secret' by Tim Good. Probably the most important case that convinced me that the phenomenon was real was the so-called 'Socorro Incident' where a UFO and beings were witnessed by Police Office Lonnie Zamora and left ground traces (search for it on this site - there are multiple threads).

But it wasn't until last year when Edgar Mitchell went on the record saying aliens are real that I changed my position from 'UFOs are real' to 'UFOs are probably alien spacecraft'. Two other books pushed me in this direction as well: 'UFO crash in Brazil' by Roger K Leir and most of all 'Leap of Faith', Gordon L Cooper's autobiography.

Cooper is what I would describe as the utimate credible witness.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tokis Phoenix
As the title says, why do you believe in alien UFO's? With all the space debris floating around, top secret advanced military aircraft technology and weird & rare weather phenomenons going around, why do you believe there are alien UFO's?

IMHO it would be nice to believe that advanced aliens existed and all that, but so far i have never seen any convincing evidence that UFO's have anything to do with aliens. Even if i had a personal experience seeing a UFO for myself, i would likely put it down to something like top secret military stuff or falling space debris etc.

Heya, it's a good question you are asking. But I don't believe in UFOs. And I don't believe in Aliens. I have seen UFOs and I have seen Aliens.

Do you have to believe me? No.
Does it matter if you think I am crazy? No.

Do you know why? Because I don't want you to believe me.
I would like that people think for themselves.

Greetings

[edit on 3-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I believe in UFO's because I watch the X-Files.

No, seriously, I believe in UFO's because I believe that there has been a cover up and because the universe is ma-hoo-sive. Bigger than humans can comprehend and I believe that it is ever expanding?
So if it happened to us ... then why could it not have happened on another planet? It is very arrogant of humans to think that they are the only ones in the universe.

What is wrong with still believing in a little mystery in this world/universe?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter

Heya, it's a good question you are asking. But I don't believe in UFOs. And I don't believe in Aliens.

I think he explains it the best.
In very real simplistic terms anybody can understand

[edit on 3-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
i believe because i've seen an ufo that was changing shapes a few years back.
Also i think aliens exist because of the many many well documented stories. Also people who took lie detector tests etc.
Why would they lie? How do they pass lie detector tests?

i never seen an alien but i think they exist.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
After much thought, personal experience, and research I've come to the conclusion that aliens as we know it here on earth are extra dimensional beings. I will further state that they are what many refer to as a spiritual experience.

Many who dabble in Astral travel, meditation, and/or witchcraft will report such visitations with beings that fit this description. That's not to say aliens don't exist in this immensely large universe I'm just not convinced that all alien encounters can be explained in the typical fashion associated with such encounters.

If anyone has seen the movie "Nephilim Rising" then you can realize that much of my beliefs regarding aliens revolve around the idea presented in the film.

That's just my take on it. =)

[edit on 3-3-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
@SLAYER69

I assume you have not read my original posting completely. And you obviously didn't see my U2U.

No offense man, but I would highly appreciate it, if people - at least - read postings completely, before they jumped to any conclusions. I am not addressing you in particular. I have marked the sentences in bold (see below) to point out what you either ignored or oversaw.

Heya, it's a good question you are asking. But I don't believe in UFOs. And I don't believe in Aliens. I have seen UFOs and I have seen Aliens.

Thank you for your attention and thank you for posting the link

Greetings

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I don't have absolute proof. I have seen UFOs and I don't know what category it falls in. As far as Aliens, I have met some people who where noticeably different but don't have proof there either. However, the word belief is defined:
-----------------------
be⋅lief
   /bɪˈlif/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bi-leef] Show IPA
–noun
1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.
2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.
3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.
4. a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith: the Christian belief.
-----------------------------
And I would say all four apply for me. I have firm faith in all 4 based on passing comments made by individuals of the highest spiritual competence (not Christian, Buddhist, Judaism, Islam or other). I believe the only reason for the animation of matter, these regions and heavens of matter is to provide a temporary habitation for spirits therefore pretty much nothing, even asteroids, would be in existence if they didn't facilitate a useful opportunity for spirit. Diverse, though that opportunity may be.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Why??

Because we're clever, but we're clueless.

There's an entire universe out there. An entire universe that we know so much, and yet so little, about.
It's just absolutely ridiculous, naive and ignorantly small minded to actually hold the belief that tiny little us is all there is to it. And we are quite tiny in the scheme of things...

Besides, no body said that alien life-forms had to be super-advanced - they don't necessarily have to be "intelligent", life anywhere is just that, life. It doesn't have to be that amazing and fantastical if you think about it. Of course the universe would have constituted a many number more of life-giving planets the same as ours.

It's not about blind faith in some celestial being coming to save my soul or having some twisted comfort in knowing someone's cleaning up all the human-made mess..

I feel there is more out there because we're here right now, doing, being, existing.

Oh, soz - in case you asked specifically about just UFOs, I'll say that IMO they could be a number of things - but no i don't think they're just some natural phenomena that's developed over the years - I personally haven't witnessed any (that I know of
) but I feel that maybe the government has carried out some kind of 'experiment' and opened up some sort of portal and that's why we had the big UFO flap or whatever - my crazy conspiracy theory.. So now we've got all these things flying around with no real regard for restricted air-space

So that doesn't mean they're specifically from "outer space" - I also think along the lines of inter-dimensional - but (and i'm finally getting down to it) there have been sooo many witness accounts - and not just from any old Joe Blow and Mary-Jane, but from experienced air-force pilots and personnel, who KNOW their aircraft apart. Countless, countless, countless reported eye-witness stories and video evidence - hell, i know of people who claim to have side-effects from alien contact on some level.

Not to mention all of the accounts I've read from these well-respected, knowledgeable types who have been threatened to keep their mouths shut in a "Zip it or the family gets it" fashion..

The truth is out there

[edit on 3/3/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

This is ... deep. You've seen them, but you don't believe. I wonder what it was you saw, then?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rakshan

This is ... deep. You've seen them, but you don't believe. I wonder what it was you saw, then?

I have seen UFOs. I have seen Aliens. Why should I still "believe" in them?
I know they are real.

Knowledge replaces belief.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Its a hard one here?

Ufos are Unidentified Flying Objects and thats a wide statement to cover.

I believe you mean " Why do you Believe in Alien Craft and the Occupants.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
There is proof ex military , astronauts, cia , fbi personal have said roswell happened and aliens are real so there is the proof with some nasa video footage so proff is there so why is everyone saying we sill need proof.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent00duece

in our universe there is more stars than every little grain of sand on the beaches of earth..and when there is stars there can be planets revolving around them..and when we have planets there can be the possibilities of life on those planets..so the possiblities are so vast that its odd to think that intelligent life is formed on earth out of a zillion trillion stars and planets out there.

I could not have said it better myself

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lombardy Inn

Originally posted by agent00duece

I could not have said it better myself

Me to!

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I only 'believe in' things I have personally experienced. Especially if it's happened repeatedly under different conditions.

However that puts me at the far edge compared to most.

As to whether someone is actually flying a nuts&bolt craft from some other galaxy to ours through space, this seems unnecessary; space is as subjective and sort of nonexistent as time, I perceive during moments of unusual awareness, although this does me no good at my day job and I lack any physics credentials to even attempt to explain it. Everything is here, now. Everything that seems different is part of human perception 'about' reality, not part of the fundamental nature OF reality.

I finally had to skim all the posts about God. I talk to God all the time though I admit I take "intuitive understanding" to be his postcards in return, and that could be wishful thinking. The idea that our unimaginably miniscule group of creatures on this unimaginably miniscule planet are the sole existing consciousness in the universe is really hilarious to me. Heck I've met nature 'Devas' and all kinds of entities that were sentient even "here" let alone elsewhere. I'm thinking at some point, someone related to God is going to say, "You know, that book was about you; why would I write a book about someone else? And why is it your business what I was doing in other solar systems, anyway?"

I haven't done research in the UFOlogy subject that many have, so I only have a little subset of experience to base any beliefs on. Friends who have, have if anything more open minds than I do about the nuts&bolts possibilities. I notice I tend to be more apathetic about that, and more geared to a 'dimensional' perspective, than they do. I suspect this is the difference between research and experience. In this case, neither being superior since both are a tiny piece of the picture.

PJ

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join