It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in aliens UFO's?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I believe that it's statistically unlikely that we're alone in the universe. I think it's unlikely that we're the pinnacle of technology and space exploration in the universe. If we can venture beyond our own immediate sphere, then I don't really see why others can't. In fact, I think it's weirdly arrogant to think that others can't.

However, I subscribe to the idea of both a 'nuts and bolts' paradigm based on the my statement above as well as an 'ultraterrestrial' hypothesis. I've never really understood by so many 'believers' only really side with one particular view.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The debate of aliens will never end so it all depends on opinion and to change opinion needs proof, which there isnt enough or it isnt without a doubt truth, but to think somones igonrance restricts the mind is the only problem.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I believe that it's statistically unlikely that we're alone in the universe. I think it's unlikely that we're the pinnacle of technology and space exploration in the universe. If we can venture beyond our own immediate sphere, then I don't really see why others can't. In fact, I think it's weirdly arrogant to think that others can't.

However, I subscribe to the idea of both a 'nuts and bolts' paradigm based on the my statement above as well as an 'ultraterrestrial' hypothesis. I've never really understood by so many 'believers' only really side with one particular view.

We never went to the moon. Bart Sibrel says the moon hoax caper was pulled off to fool the Russians in the cold war. William Cooper says, and I agree, that it was staged to convince the populace that interplanetary travel is possible.

In fact, it is not possible. And we never went to the moon.

Not to say the military does not have very high tech aircraft that they will attempt to foist off on a gullible public as the craft used by "aliens" to travel from another star system to visit us. I expect they will pull this caper of quite soon. All the movies, the Star Trek, ET, Star Wars, all this stuff has programmed people very well to believe in a visit from another system.

And when the British Zionists finish heating up the planet with wars and death and starvation and economic depression, that's when they will spring their fake "aliens" (ie lab produced chimeras and manifested demons) on us, to unite us into a world government and to be willing to sit down with a demon to dinner, that these creatures might manifest themselves to people who will think they are cute and loveable.

And in the end, the world will amass to fight against Jesus, will be told that he is a hostile alien. And Jesus will blow them all away like a feather.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
UFOs:

Believe in them. They are all unidentified until you identify them. That doesn't mean ET though. Not even close. More likely known craft, unknown craft, or weather phenomenon. I mean no one ever claims the Northern Lights are ET, yet those way outperform have the stuff posted on the net.

Aliens:

Alien life probably exists in the universe, maybe even in the solar system. There seems to be way too much out there (if life really does evolve randomly and the universe is really infinite) for their not be life elsewhere. I also doubt God would just do Earth, especially as much as the Bible talks about angels and creating the heavens. Who knows what else is out there.

Intelligent Life:

Possible-- but no evidence to back it up. To be clear, I wouldn't be suprised if there is none-- but I wouldn't be suprised if there was either.

ET visiting Earth:

Very unlikely. I doubt they have the technology or exist in the same relative time frame or reasonable distance to reach us. But its possible, I suppose.

ET abductions:

Extremely unlikely. Them doing so doesn't even make sense. They could just take a couple thousand people and breed them on another planet. Easy. And if free range human tastes better (or something) why do they return some people. I think its pretty illogical and think most aliens are either hallucinations or maybe even demons.

Gov't Conspiracy:

Most unlikely of all. If there really are ET visiting and doing funky stuff though, I wouldn't be suprised if the USA didn't strike a deal to protect the majority of us from abduction. (i.e. return people after you do your tests, or give us some nice technology, etc) Again, there is ABSOLUTELY no evidence for this...and let me put it this way.

Here's some insight on the 'conspiracy' at large:

God is giant porcupine. Each of his porcine needs is filled with the elixer of life. One day God stuck himself and injected his own elixer in him. He got sick, very sick, for he himself was immortal and the elixer of life was toxic to an immortal. So God, ceased to be immortal, leaving his spines behind along with his bones. The bones, over time absorbed the elixer and became animals who drinking the elixer begat more animals, and each spine held a different elixer for a different creature. But the one that killed the giant porcupine made man, for in it was the divine spart. The world was made of the porcupine's pelt and the sky of his dreams. And that is reality as we know it. -- READ HERE FOR THE IMPORTANT PART: This story could be true. But we know its not, because I made it up!! Same goes for the vast majority of conspiracy theories. If you pulled it out of your own but, its probably completely bogus. (Like when people tell me how the DaVinci Code blew their mind. "You mean the fiction book?" "Yeah, like I never thought of all that stuff...it really changed my perspective." "But it was a fiction book...FICTION...absolutely not true." "But it could be!")

That mentality is what keeps most religions and conspiracies goes. Blind faith. Bull in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Another thing - horrible creatures living underground our military is working with?

Can you give me a link to that line of rubbish - I'd be interested in seeing why I haven't had the pleasure of meeting some of these "demons" myself.

**I never said I didn't believe in God.

Right. But which one?

www.philschneider.org...
www.philschneider.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Originally posted by Tokis Phoenix

Originally posted by mf_luder3) Show me incontrovertible evidence that God exists and I'll stop believing in Extraterrestrial life.

Why would a proven existence of god rule out the possible existence of aliens?

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Tokis Phoenix]

It's a hit at the fundamentalists I've run into who think we all popped into existence 6,000 years ago. To them, there can't be alien life.

Ah so do you mean like Christian fundamentalists? I don't think they'd accept any evidence that disproves anything the bible says- Carbon dating, science of genetics, fossils and the theory of evolution and more proved that the world and life as we know it didn't come to be in 6days, and the science of mitichondrial DNA & genetics proved that we aren't descended from Adam & Eve and their offspring etc.
This sort of stuff doesn't disprove the existence of God/s, but it does prove that if God/s exists then the bible's word or story of events isn't reliable to go by.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
In my opinion, its very arrogant and very typical of humans to think that in the endless universe that we inhabit, that we are the only intellegent life. Not to dump on religion, but they are a big part of the argument against alien life. Its very hypocritical on their part, they expect ppl to believe(and im not saying they shouldn't believe, to each thier own) in an invisible man in the sky, who created everything, performs miricle, flooded the world, parted a sea, raised ppl from the dead, etc. All of which happened in the past and we dont see any of it today. BUT alien sightings have been on cave paintings and carried through right into modern times, they are much more of a constant then religous miricles and God being involved in everyday life, yet if you say you believe in aliens you are considered crazy or a dreamer. My take on it is this, I dont know, no one knows for sure, but law of averages tells you that all the sightings ,all the reports of aliens, cant' all be false, it's not my place to say for sure there is or for sure there is not (I most certainly believe there is, and have a much bigger part in our lives then ppl realize) but I wish that the belief in aliens or other intellegent life got more mainstream acceptance and more effort was put into trying to find it, I for one would much rather pay to a collection plate for that, then some hypocrital, self serving, preacher who fears the truth of the world far more then the God he "serves". Fin

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Sorry, but you can't use scientific findings to disprove something that is believed on by faith. I know it may seem logical, but the whole idea of faith is there is no proof. And there may even be evidence contrary to what you believe.

The fact is, if you believe in an all-powerful God, he can do anything. ANYTHING. Even make the world in a week and make it look like it took eternity. Sounds like an all-powerful God to me alright.

Like those people who believe that dinosaur bones were put here by the devil. Pretty ridiculous right? Not if you believe in a devil capable of such things! (I don't believe this is the case, but how could I prove otherwise without actually being alive when the dinosaurs were, we can only speculate, and even then, the faithful would still believe)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I've seen several UFOs and not just blobs of glowing light either. You can visibly see these crafts much clearer around mid May switching sides in any direction just focus on a point in the sky and let them cross it.

I'll tell you a secret too while I'm at it: Take a short late spring or summer walk on a calm day when the wind is clocked at 15mph or less and make sure you aren't around anything that can cause wind sheer such as cars etc. Act normal and keep a steady pace so not to cause a sudden change in your environment.

Then along will come a gush of wind from above and this is the UFO passing hurridly overhead. Keep a digital camera with you to catch the event.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
We never went to the moon. Bart Sibrel says the moon hoax caper was pulled off to fool the Russians in the cold war. William Cooper says, and I agree, that it was staged to convince the populace that interplanetary travel is possible.

In fact, it is not possible. And we never went to the moon.

Can you point to where I specifically said that 'we' went to the moon? What I actually said was that we went beyond our immediate sphere? You do believe in satellites and probes don't you? Or is this also some great conspiracy?

Can you get space suits for strawmen?

And when the British Zionists finish heating up the planet with wars and death and starvation and economic depression,

Oh noes! Teh Evul British!!!!1

And in the end, the world will amass to fight against Jesus, will be told that he is a hostile alien. And Jesus will blow them all away like a feather.

Is this one of those sad 'my god is better than your god' things? What the crap has Jesus got to do with this thread? I mean, other than a desperation to shoehorn your religion into it?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I believe in them because I grew up hearing my mom, my aunt and uncle talk about the flying saucer at least six car lanes wide that followed them for four hours in the middle of the night on Nov. 5 1959. It teased and taunted them on a lonely stretch of highway and when they came to a town finally that had a police station the cops saw it too, was in the newspaper. My mom and aunt (her twin sister) are both still alive (77 years old) and I just heard a retelling of it this weekend. I never get tired of hearing it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have never seen a UFO in person that i couldn't rationally explain nor have I seen any real footage of a UFO that was undeniably extraterrestrial. I have read about hundreds of UFO sightings and seen hundreds of videos. Based on the huge amount of sightings and stories It is only rational to conclude there must be something going on.

I would say that close to 99% of the UFO/Alien information is either related to selling a product or making money or just plain old uneducated people searching for an escape from their boring lives. But all you need is for 1% to be true to validate that aliens are visiting our planet.

It is undeniable that life exists all over the universe, its mathematically improbable that it wouldn't. Also, with particle accelerators a half a step away from discovering how particles acquire mass, we are not too far off from a better understanding of gravity. It is only logical that other races in the universe could have already solved the problem and are traveling great distances to explore.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyagedBUT alien sightings have been on cave paintings and carried through right into modern times, they are much more of a constant then religous miricles and God being involved in everyday life, yet if you say you believe in aliens you are considered crazy or a dreamer.

Really? Do you have any links to pictures & articles concerning these cave paintings of alien sightings? I have to admit i'm quite skeptical of this.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tokis Phoenix

Well I am sure some of them are fabricated, but some of these paintings/drawings/artifacts etc are in museums again, law of averages tells you some of them must be real. I, by no means take everything at face value but we have been looking to the stars since the beginning of time and writing it down. This is not new, its just not encouraged as "real info". I am a firm believer in alien life, I feel there is more "proof" for than against, just my opionion, to each their own. But, I hope i'm right, it would be comforting to me to know we are not alone in the universe.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The most compelling and overwhelming evidence that won me over, after years of not believing were two things. First were the Majestic 12 documents along with the Cutler Twining memo and the Truman Forestall letter. Then when I took my first look at the NASA footage, Bammm the light came on. Check out these two videos with David Sereda as he exposes a hypothesis that actually makes perfect common sense. Then validates his thoughts with a NASA Physicist, by the name of Dr Nuth. www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Why do you believe in alien UFOs ?

It's a logical thought, I mean, how else would one travel through space and move around the planet once they do get here ?

On ali baba's flying carpet ?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by drummerroy39

Damn, I want to see these vids, at work tho, youtube is blocked :-( will have to wait til tnight!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Is this one of those sad 'my god is better than your god' things? What the crap has Jesus got to do with this thread? I mean, other than a desperation to shoehorn your religion into it?

Although i disagree with Salt of the Earths beliefs, the existence of God and the existence of aliens are not entirely unrelated when you look at the logic of belief concerning both matters.
For example;

1. Most of the non-believers in God would argue that there isn't any solid unquestionable evidence for the existence of God, and equally the non-believers in aliens would argue that there isn't any solid unquestionable evidence for the existence of aliens.

2. Many of the believers in such things though argue that there is real evidence for both of these things.

3. The rest of the believers concerning these two different things believe in such stuff based on their personal feelings on the matter and the fact that such things ultimately can't be dis-proven (so it becomes a case of choosing whether to believe in such stuff or not based on personal feeling, rather than believing or not believing in such stuff because of strong evidence on the matter which forces one to logically believe or disbelieve).

4. Belief is commonly further strengthened to a very strong degree if the person has a personal experience which they interpret as being to do with the existence of the thing they believe in- they use this experience as proof of the existence of the thing they believe in. These people that have actual experiences (for example god believers see/experiencing god-like miracles or alien believers seeing/experiencing very alien-like stuff) often become the strongest believers.

Although God and aliens are two very different matters, i would say that the logic of belief in such things really isn't that different. In fact this logic of belief is the same logic commonly used when it comes people to believing in other stuff like yeti's, ghosts, demons etc.
Although all such beliefs are different, the root logic of stuff belief tends to be more or less the same. Whether somebody ends up believing in one thing but not another thing, all tends to just be down to the individuals conclusion of that thing in question being likely to exist or not, and sometimes also their personal feelings/bias on the matter (for example if believing in the thing in question makes them feel better about life or not, that can be a strong belief-influencing factor).

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage KhanIt is undeniable that life exists all over the universe, its mathematically improbable that it wouldn't. Also, with particle accelerators a half a step away from discovering how particles acquire mass, we are not too far off from a better understanding of gravity. It is only logical that other races in the universe could have already solved the problem and are traveling great distances to explore.

Well i wouldn't say such stuff is "undeniable"- until we actually find living life outside of our planet, the idea that life exists elsewhere in the universe is entirely theory. And you also have to take into consideration that if life does exist elsewhere in the universe, it may not be anywhere near advanced as our own or advanced enough to be able to travel great distances in space.

The idea of the existence of life elsewhere in the universe can't be dis-proven, but that doesn't mean it is undeniable.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tokis Phoenix

Although i disagree with Salt of the Earths beliefs, the existence of God and the existence of aliens are not entirely unrelated when you look at the logic of belief concerning both matters.

Thank you. And I do believe there are UFOs, tons of them. Some are actual aircraft and some are manifestations of demons flying through the air, who are able to take any shape and do a lot of amazing things.

There are also actual demons living underground, as well as poor creatures, chimeras, the product of Nazi breeding experiments by the black ops military in their underground DUMBs.

Check out this link www.philschneider.org...

www.philschneider.org... " target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

There are too many sightings, photos of the UFOs, videos, and testimonies of abductions, the details of which match about the retrieval of sperm and egg and embryos from their bodies, the grays, the hovering saucer, all of it. It's possible I suppose these could be implanted suggestions by the black ops military put there through hypnosis, but in any case these people were abducted. There are high tech aircraft that can hover that look like saucers, and they are built and housed underground in DUMBs.

This link I posted is amazing. Please check it out. Phil Schneider was an engineer hired to dig the DUMBs, and ran into these slimy creatures underground, also other creatures. He blew the whistle, and was murdered.

He called them "aliens." I call them demons because the come here as spirits, not as physical beings travelling in a spacecraft.

In addition to these creatures, which are demons, there are other creatures, chimeras, the product of Nazi black ops military breeding experiments, creatures that are so sad, that will be pawned off as aliens. I don't know if they have a soul or not, but they are the product of wicked evil men playing God and trying to give God the finger, perverting everything good God ever did to twist it into a frightening caricature.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join