It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 235
<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
: @ RF - You're going to have to copy and paste your explanation to a new notepad file, because it seems like you're going to be repeating yourself an awful lot on this thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

:@ BOTOH , our baby has a name??
Ohh 'Top Secret Geyser' , nice ring to it!

Glad you like it "Darlin". It was toss-up between that and "Mush-Bot".

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayleo
reply to post by Aphelion

You know, I struggle with this thought, because for me it is true. It is the reason why any conspiracy tantalizes me.

I think that it is the desire for science fiction to become non fiction...for the impossible to become reality. And also to finally get the worst over with so that I can be through on the other side. Instead of simply buy groceries for another week I can stock up on water for the big disaster. So, it also gives me a reason to go through the motions of daily life.

Twisted? Yes. But I suspect that everyone on ATS might have a little but of this too. We'll be ready, because we dared to imagine the possibility.

im with u bro im stocking up on water and food. im not about to sit there and deny everything like some ppl do. ill eat it eventually im not wasting my money if nothing happens woopty do but if it does ill be straight.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by littleflower

Yeah, I must admit I don't get it either.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Oh GOd I cant stop laughing.....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BOTOH

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
STOP!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ponyboy_86

Actually, you'd also do yourself a favor - (if you aren't already educated on it - kudos if you are) on how to survive in the wild. You know - live off of the wildlife and undergrowth. There would be no preparation for something of this magnitude other than that. A drop or two of bleach in large amounts of water is a good purifier....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aphelion
: @ RF - You're going to have to copy and paste your explanation to a new notepad file, because it seems like you're going to be repeating yourself an awful lot on this thread.

Not a bad idea!

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As for the Fox story, I emailed the show, you can do the same.
I just told them I was very disappointed that it did not air after so many teasers for it.

Here is the email address for the show.

If they get a few hundred of them, they will pay attention to it............

[email protected]

[email protected]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I've just seen something.
Look at this magnified image of a "Top Secret Geyser eruption"

Doesn't it look it you that, even if we can't exactly 100% make it out because of the narrow horizontal scale used, the waveform begins at high frequencies and ends at lower ones? Like if it decreases slowly and slightly in sound pitch over time.

How do known geysers sound? Do they lower their pitch as the eruption dissipates? If yes, then it's more likely that these signals on LKWY are of geyser nature.

[edit on 2009/1/6 by Shirakawa]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
As for the Fox story, I emailed the show, you can do the same.
I just told them I was very disappointed that it did not air after so many teasers for it.

Here is the email address for the show.

If they get a few hundred of them, they will pay attention to it............

[email protected]

[email protected]

Maybe they were told _not_ to air it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by littleflower
Why would it need to deflect at all? It is information - it can be sent to several places simulataneously. I am not understanding this.

If the sensors detect something byond a certian threshold level, sort of like an overflow warning light on a water tank that shuts off the water flow, the system they use puts that data into a priority mode, and feeds that data only to their systems for immediate analysis. This is to simply prevent the sensors from being overloaded sending data out to the public access systems, and prevents any possible loss of that data that needs to go to the geologists systems. Its just a measure put into the system to prevent any critical data loss from the sensors. A very valuable measure I should point out.

Like any server on the web, or bandwidth monitoring system, the systems used to collect the data can detect how much data is being pulled off the sensors. If it reaches a certian point during a critical time that they need a clear path to get this data, the system will turn off the data feed to the secondary system..ie the public access systems and readers, and send that data directly to the critical systems for analysis.

With all the recent activity and the monitoring going on by the public, its understandable that particularly now, they would have that bandwidth monitoring system making sure that the data goes where it needs to go first, then pass it on to the other systems.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
I've just seen something.
Look at this magnified image of a "Top Secret Geyser eruption"

Doesn't it look it you that, even if we can't 100% make it out because of the horizontal scale used, the waveform begins at high frequencies and ends at lower ones? Like if it decreases slowly and slightly in sound pitch over time.

How do known geysers sound? Do they lower their pitch as the eruption dissipates? If yes, then it's more likely that these signals on LKWY are of geyser nature.

[edit on 2009/1/6 by Shirakawa]

I cant see your graph. it is expanded too large.
Is there another way to see it?

Never mind . got it thanks

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Mushussu]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

That would have been a story that could have cause panic...

Regards,
Ptolomeo

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I just now posted about the new vent.
Hope someone else notices it besdes me and you.

www.livescience.com...
interesting... i think we're seeing a pattern here. someone also said im sorry i dont have a source but someone said recently its nothing to worry about unless u see alot of new gaysers and old ones that havent been erupting erupting. and i know i read a news item that said that thats exactly what was happenning more lately (like dec 08 jan 09)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ponyboy_86

well, I do not think that we will see new ones... At least not if you go there yourself to check or if they broadcast them on their webcams...

Do you think we would have direct access to any new important event?

We even are having doubts with the information given in relation with the earthquakes...

Regards,
Ptolomeo

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I just noticed why they are so focused on that geyser in the backround on the live cam.... it isnt snow covered like the rest of them. The whole mound which judging by the size in the pic is rather large is bare of snow. Its not going off like mad either....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by littleflower
Why would it need to deflect at all? It is information - it can be sent to several places simulataneously. I am not understanding this.

If the sensors detect something byond a certian threshold level, sort of like an overflow warning light on a water tank that shuts off the water flow, the system they use puts that data into a priority mode, and feeds that data only to their systems for immediate analysis. This is to simply prevent the sensors from being overloaded sending data out to the public access systems, and prevents any possible loss of that data that needs to go to the geologists systems. Its just a measure put into the system to prevent any critical data loss from the sensors. A very valuable measure I should point out.

Like any server on the web, or bandwidth monitoring system, the systems used to collect the data can detect how much data is being pulled off the sensors. If it reaches a certian point during a critical time that they need a clear path to get this data, the system will turn off the data feed to the secondary system..ie the public access systems and readers, and send that data directly to the critical systems for analysis.

With all the recent activity and the monitoring going on by the public, its understandable that particularly now, they would have that bandwidth monitoring system making sure that the data goes where it needs to go first, then pass it on to the other systems.

This still makes no sense at all to me. After all, the interwebs are not a series of tubes... There is no reason why you can't have this information on multiple servers, and public access should not effect private systems in any way. This decentralization is the beauty of the internet.

If you look at the Old Faithful helicorder this morning, there's clearly some clipping going on.

www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphelion

yea wild and maybe surviving nuclear winter? now that i think about it, that might be more likely to happen plus nuclear winter is much like volcano winter in some ways. i gotta get on to reading that instead of reading this thread. i cant keep up and most of it is arguments about irrelevant stuff.

<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join