It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College protesters want amnesty.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   
For Protesters a cross the country, disrupting the learning experience for others, terrorizing fellow students based on their religion and calling for the extermination of the Jewish people living in Israel is all fun and games; that is until they are forced to live with the consequences of your actions.

In another spectacular example of our post conviction society; the handfull of protesting students, who's actions had them signaled out for arrest and explosion, want a "do over.""

Student protestors and their faculty alies have added themselves to the top of the list of their demands amongst the backdrop of the Gaza war. If you weren't paying attention before to the countless women and children dying in Gaza; perhaps now that entitled college students at top universities in the US are being persecuted you will start to take notice.

How ever I am left wondering, What good is a protest if you have no personal stake in the activity?

College protesters want ‘amnesty.’ At stake: Tuition, legal charges, grades and graduation

Maryam Alwan figured the worst was over after New York City police in riot gear arrested her and other protesters on the Columbia University campus, loaded them onto buses and held them in custody for hours.

But the next evening, the college junior received an email from the university. Alwan and other students were being suspended after their arrests at the “ Gaza Solidarity Encampment,” a tactic colleges across the country have deployed to calm growing campus protests against the Israel-Hamas war.

The students’ plight has become a central part of protests, with students and a growing number of faculty demanding their amnesty. At issue is whether universities and law enforcement will clear the charges and withhold other consequences, or whether the suspensions and legal records will follow students into their adult lives.

“This feels very dystopian,” said Alwan, a comparative literature and society major.

May commencement ceremonies add pressure to clear demonstrations. University officials say arrests and suspensions are a last resort, and that they give ample warnings beforehand to clear protest areas.

AP

But is this really the kids fault? The truth is, as much as we berate them for it; they didn't ask for nor invent the "participation trophies" they were handed when they were younger. Society at larger put those notions into their heads.

According to this student; his life of protesting is what distinguish him during his college application process. Now the College is upset with him because he has turned his protesting toward them. That doesn't seem fair, does it?

Petocz said protesting in high school was what helped get him into Vanderbilt and secure a merit scholarship for activists and organizers. His college essay was about organizing walkouts in rural Florida to oppose Gov. Ron DeSantis’ anti-LGBTQ policies.

“Vanderbilt seemed to love that,” Petocz said. “Unfortunately, the buck stops when you start advocating for Palestinian liberation.”

Petocz clearly broke the cardinal rule of the militant left. Never bite the hand that feeds you. He's getting a real education at his university.

edit on 29-4-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The ones that have been arrested for trespassing and for threats should have a criminal record and should be expelled from school. They should suffer the consequences of their actions. If they don't ... they will just keep repeating their bad behavior and not learn how to act appropriately in society.

The Legal Consequences of Criminal Threats and Intimidation

LAW INFO

Assault: Assault is when someone causes another person to fear that they will be physically harmed. Physical contact is not necessary to prove assault; a threat is enough to prove assault.

Menacing: Menacing is a crime with which people are charged when they intentionally cause someone to fear for their physical safety.

Harassment: Harassment is conduct involving any communications (phone call, email, voicemail, text messages, etc.), in-person stalking, or any other persistent and repeated actions meant to intimidate someone over an extended period.

Terrorism: In some jurisdictions, threats that involve certain behaviors or certain targets will be considered terrorist threats. Terrorism typically involves a threat to commit a violent act.

Criminal mischief: This means damaging property while making threats or engaging in intimidation.

edit on 4/29/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

the problem is with the School "negotiating" with the terrorists. That's something you don't do.

And the demands fall right in line with this generation. # around and find out gives way to "I can do what I want, whatevah." These turds need to learn that actions have consequences. Some that they won't realize until they interview with Mr. Goldburg and he does the obligatory social media search.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Students: "You can't touch us!"
Colleges: "Oh yes we can."

Anyway, just cut cell service at the next protest or encampment. It'll disperse within five minutes.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
The bigger problem is the younger generation sees these students and take in what they can get away with. The generation now has gone way too soft on bringing up children. No matter what age if they do something wrong they need punishing and I don't mean physical abuse. But I do mean a smack on the back of the hands or legs, again I will say (for those that class this as abuse) this is what they want, a short sharp shock.
It really starts in babies, even they learn to push the boundaries and as they get older the boundaries get more and more selfish.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They found out who really controls US government. If that was a BLM "protest", Democrats and majority of US media would be all for it. Just like when BLM destroy parts of a city, burn down private businesses and loot businesses.

How many Black Lives Matter peaceful protestors were charged with this damage?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
They found out who really controls US government. If that was a BLM "protest", Democrats and majority of US media would be all for it. Just like when BLM destroy parts of a city, burn down private businesses and loot businesses.

How many Black Lives Matter peaceful protestors were charged with this damage?
www.youtube.com...

Don't leave out those Fascists who call themselves Antifa. They too got a pass in Dem controlled cities. Which is most of them, and based on how they cheated so easy in cities the people might talk to each other and find out that they have not been voting for these scum. The scum has been writing in their choices on fake ballots ready to put in the system at 2 AM.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If you ask me, they want shooting.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You get what you tolerate. Every time. Always. Forever. The longer you tolerate it, the more difficult to correct. And it escalates until you stop tolerating it. Every parent knows this, or learns it the hard way. Corollary - Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. I'll refrain from posting the definition of insanity. You know. The thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   

In another spectacular example of our post conviction society; the handfull of protesting students, who's actions had them signaled out for arrest and explosion, want a "do over.""

Some people wrongfully believe that the feedom of speech and freedom of religion allows them to do what ever they want. these demonstrations weren't about peaceful protests, and these peoples action should have consquences.

But I also believe that social media manipulation is helping drive these people to a frenzy.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It crazy how people like you are so morally outraged by these students expressing their 1st amendment rights. How do you not see you are acting exactly the same as Russia-gaters?

Advocating censorship and police violence against a bunch of kids. You don't honestly think you are being patriotic here do you?

I see videos of people advocating violence on both sides. However anyone paying attention can see the pro-Israel side is constantly displaying their bigotry and hatred towards Muslims and Christians.

I could post thousands of these videos showing the true nature of Zionism. Not Judaism you all seem to constantly conflate the two.

I'm starting to think the nazis won...

Hitler would proud to see the checkpoints Israel has set up in Gaza. Just like Warsaw...

🇵🇸 >🇮🇱

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hah, of course they are being persecuted for this behavior. It hurts biden's chances for re-election. But as others have pointed out, if it was a BLM or trans rights protest, they would be praised.

It's ALWAYS about the democrat party, and never about any of the issues that they pretend to support.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Extremists on either side can # off imho.

What happens in the long run is a worse off experience for the majority of innocent and uninvolved people who don't have the time or energy to be so enraged by other people's bs and certainly don't deserve the loss of freedoms that'll be coming their way.

It'll happen though, because the wind up merchants are making big profits these days.

Nobody has time for hate filled marches. Nobody has time for innocent Palestinians too and if you haven't noticed the popular opinion round here is there's no innocent Palestinians.

I loathe to judge yet the amount of hate coming from Palestine has been palpable for a long time, can't blame people for their reaction to that. I genuinely hope people can gain some moral fortitude but I also understand people are rightfully pissed off.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
It crazy how people like you are so morally outraged by these students expressing their 1st amendment rights.

Guess you missed this little fact ... or you just don't care because the protestors are expressing the ant-Jew rhetoric that you seem to love so much.

Threatening Jews is not protected under 'free speech' or the first amendment.

The Legal Consequences of Criminal Threats and Intimidation

LAW INFO

Assault: Assault is when someone causes another person to fear that they will be physically harmed. Physical contact is not necessary to prove assault; a threat is enough to prove assault.

Menacing: Menacing is a crime with which people are charged when they intentionally cause someone to fear for their physical safety.

Harassment: Harassment is conduct involving any communications (phone call, email, voicemail, text messages, etc.), in-person stalking, or any other persistent and repeated actions meant to intimidate someone over an extended period.

Terrorism: In some jurisdictions, threats that involve certain behaviors or certain targets will be considered terrorist threats. Terrorism typically involves a threat to commit a violent act.

Criminal mischief: This means damaging property while making threats or engaging in intimidation.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
It crazy how people like you are so morally outraged by these students expressing their 1st amendment rights. How do you not see you are acting exactly the same as Russia-gaters?

Advocating censorship and police violence against a bunch of kids. You don't honestly think you are being patriotic here do you?

I see videos of people advocating violence on both sides. However anyone paying attention can see the pro-Israel side is constantly displaying their bigotry and hatred towards Muslims and Christians.

I could post thousands of these videos showing the true nature of Zionism. Not Judaism you all seem to constantly conflate the two.

I'm starting to think the nazis won...

Hitler would proud to see the checkpoints Israel has set up in Gaza. Just like Warsaw...

🇵🇸 >🇮🇱

LOLOLOLOL We don't condone protests against certain people here.

I love instances like these... they sure tend to bring out the hypocritical double speak of a lot of people. People will bring up (and run a fine tooth comb through) laws and legal speak, try to tug on heart strings, ignore past events and do whatever they can to justify the hatred they claim to stand against.

Morals for thee, but not for me. #Murica.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It should be okay to want to kill all Jews.

But if you misgender someone or disagree with an election, then jailtime.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The bottom line is some students have been harassed and harmed by protestors and the ability to attend learning classes has been disrupted. That falls far out of the line of freedom of speach.

While poor parenting has raised a generation of entitled, spoiled brats that think throwing tantrums will get them what they want in the adult world, sooner or later they need to come to terms that the guv. is not their mommy and daddy, and there are different rules (laws) they need to learn and abide by.
Giving them a free pass because their parents were utter failures is not an option.

The fact that these little anarchist snots are going to a college with an $80,000+ a year tuition say a whole lot about entitlement in our society. The majority working class who keep this country going can't even dream of an education at an Ivy League college, let alone have thier voices heard.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

"It crazy how people like you are so morally outraged by these students expressing their 1st amendment rights. How do you not see you are acting exactly the same as Russia-gaters?"

The First Amendment doesn't give folk the right to engage in criminal acts. Do you really think it might?

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What's their go to response when someone gets attacked for their freedom of speech? ".....not freedom from consequences"? Yeah, this is the same. They made the choice to protest, which I wholeheartedly support the right to protest even though I genuinely believe they're too damn stupid to realize that they're supporting people who would murder them or use them as s*x slaves. Universities should not tolerate this kind of behavior and the protestors should absolutely face charges as well as academic repercussions.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

"Petocz said protesting in high school was what helped get him into Vanderbilt and secure a merit scholarship for activists and organizers. His college ."

A what scholarship?!!!! How is that even "a thing"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join