It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ponyboy_86

The map says a 3.2 has happened. Is this ys?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ponyboy_86

Please dont tempt the ladies of Fate!

well , coffee time till then

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
Ok, so after a three hour sleep I updated the "top secret geyser" (awesome name, kudos to who suggested it!) activity chart. It is indeed becoming more active:

Click to enlarge

[edit on 2009/1/6 by Shirakawa]

Nice Chart Shirakawa thanks!

I too love the name but, shouldn't it be the "Below Top Secret Geyser" because it is below the Lake, we all know if we find a new Geyser above the lake that it will need to be named the "Above Top Secret Geyser" right?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It started at 10:59, just 36 minutes after the last one!
It's getting very

This is starting to remind me of a quote from "Independence Day":

Remember I told you that the signal hidden within our satellite signal is slowly recycling down to extinction.

How's that for fear mongering?

[edit on 6-1-2009 by BOTOH]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm suddenly seeing tremors in the live video feed. Are there EQs occurring there right now?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
@ Magicarose

It seems to be close to YS, but not appearing on the YS maps...Townsend MT..It seems if you move the USGS list further our, it then shows up.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by WhedonFan]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by littleflower

It's not making any sense to me either - it seems to me there could be multiple servers that it goes to simultaneously. The private server would not be accessed by the public and so would not be compromised.

The key word here is "preventative measure", meaning to guarantee that this data is put where it needs to be when it is most important to have that data where it needs to be...in the hands of the extremely qualified geologists and volcanologists who can quickly analyze the data and see if there is any threat.

No one can tell me that they dont understand how a website or a server can be overloaded with tons of hits and data bandwidth clogging and bog down to a next to nothing crawl..that is the last thing the geologists and volcanologists need when trying to get readings from their sensors detecting this siesmic data.

These siesmic sensors that spit out data, are not mega fast 100Ghz speed, 500Gb per second units. And when hundreds of thousands of people start pulling real time data from them through "front door servers", those servers must pull that data even more heavily from the sensors as well, that will cause potential cloggs of the data flow that the scientists need. So the system has a system to prevent that from happening.

We are talking about real time data flow, not stored and segmented stream bits like an audio server or video server. If anyone has watched youtube videos...and I cant imagine who has not...sometimes those videos will pause and buffer and start again. That is the exact thing the scientists do not need to happen to their data flow from the sensors, so the system has a way to prevent that from happening.

Cheers!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maeveoc

Ok, so after a three hour sleep I updated the "top secret geyser" (awesome name, kudos to who suggested it!) activity chart. It is indeed becoming more active:

Click to enlarge

Nice Chart Shirakawa thanks!

I too love the name but, shouldn't it be the "Below Top Secret Geyser" because it is below the Lake, we all know if we find a new Geyser above the lake that it will need to be named the "Above Top Secret Geyser" right?

Nawww, Top secret implies ...Undercover

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maeveoc

Botoh I believe is the responcible father of the name.
He said it was either that or Mush-Bot.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pantangele

Are you guys talking about OF?

[edit on 6-1-2009 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ok, name changed, that makes sense

If people don't like it I can restore the other one though !

This 'eruption' occurred at 10:58:20, 34m 40s after the last one, and lasted 5m 40s. If the trend continues, the next one should occur at about 11:40 MST.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

You're telling us they have, in essence, " one" server?

*Edit: Because I hate being the resident cynic, I'll add this disclaimer.

[edit on 1/6/09 by SevenandFive]

[edit on 1/6/09 by SevenandFive]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

I was wondering the same.

Also - just as a quick glance over the the quakes today shows San Fran zoo -
1.9 and 1.4 -
just a mention as this is not a commonly hit place.
And part of the big picture.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Got to love it when a theory based on study comes together. Either thats a geyser or there is one serious dome building event going on down there. Mabe not such an amateur after all
Just kidding will leave the rest up to them am going to get some sleep all three sick kids have finally sacked out .... have a good day

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am a layman. I am simply using common sense here to imagine what could be going on under the lake.

Okay, so I'm a geyser... Or hydrothermic vent since I'm under water.

At my core I'm water that is way above boiling because I'm pressurized. I heat up water above me until it reaches boiling. Eventually I heat the water to the point where there is a gigantic steam explosion and everything in my vent gets sprayed upwards in a eruption.

We get that.

Now let's look at the significance of the times getting shorter between bursts, and the eruptions getting longer.

Makes sense that the water is heating up faster because it's getting hotter. More water is heated and therefore more is ejected, making for a longer duration.

Makes good horse sense.

Now what would happen if the interval got to 0 and the eruption was constant?

One of two things... More vents would crack open to relieve the increasing pressure from below...

Or the pressure would continue to grow beneath the geyser and the force of the water being ejected would grow until it couldn't hold the pressure anymore.

Boom... A hydrothermic explosion?

Or does the magma chamber open and water starts to pour down?

Whatever the result, growing heat and pressure from the massive heat source can't be good... As long as things are getting hotter, there has to be increasing efforts to relieve pressure until things equalize.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Ok, name changed, that makes sense

If people don't like it I can restore the other one though !

Last 'eruption' occurred at 10:58:20, 34m 40s after the last one, and lasted 5m 40s. If the trend continues, the next one should occur at about 11:40 MST.

Keep -Below "Top Secret Geyser"
for the chart activitey for what is below the Geyser Top Secret.
Yes?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm watching the live feed and seeing a fair bit of tremor in the camera. Are there EQs happening at YS right now?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You're telling us they have one server?

ENOUGH! RFBurns has stated his explanation for the delays REPEATEDLY and several have stated deep skepticism. Let's move on.

RF seems to be the closest thing we have to a "man on the inside". Let's not flame him to the point that we lose a possible source. Skepticism is healthy, antagonism is self-defeating.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So can anyone give a brief explanation of what's going on here so I don't have to read through 100 odd pages. Is an eruption likeyly? And what is this Secret Geyser? Thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I, for one, WELCOME the arrival of our new Death Geyser overlord. I stand ready to assist the geyser in the identification and rounding up of subversive anti-geyser elements in our society.

new topics

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join