It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 231
<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
When it comes to reporting on such a major potentially devastating event such as a Yellowstone eruption... no, I do not think we would be informed if the government knew.

If they reported on it and it happened... there would be mass panic, lives lost, eruption, many more lives lost. Nothing gained.

If they reported on it and it didn't happen... there would be panic, lives lost, anger at the government for wrong prediction.

That is a simplified quick description of course.

As for the seismologists... a personal decision would have to be made by each of the same scenarios described above. What decision would you make if you were one? Which is the lesser evil?

Fact is... no one knows the facts that would definitatively predict an eruption until it were actually erupting.

An event such as the worst case scenario... or even one that would devastate several states... is so hard to imagine for us that denial outweighs realization and acceptance. It is the same disbelief that those killed in hurricanes could describe to you were they still alive.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
reply to post by Aphelion

Trust me, this huge thread has garnered much attention...

[edit on 6-1-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

What are Murdoch and O'reilly reading this thread

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

For those of you without FOX on cable or satelitte you should be able to watch fox news online here.

Hope it works for ya's.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Doesn't look like Fox is going to get to whatever they were going to say, if they do, it'll be very brief. They're more worried about this Burris/Blago crap, who cares about that.

link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
It just simply means its not on the public servers.

Umm, no it does not. Do you understand the concept of triangulating events between the webicorders and gee? What you are saying makes no sense. The webicorders and Gee may be delayed a few seconds, yes, but after they release the stream, or alternatively, they publish the update to the various webicorders graphs, it is easy to confirm- or in this case, deny- events. You are trying to make a case in the same breath that they are altering the data stream coming into gee and pulling out events, and feeding us relative flat lines instead? Lol, and I thought I was confused.

link   

Originally posted by orgyofthedead

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Trust me, this huge thread has garnered much attention...

[edit on 6-1-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

What are Murdoch and O'reilly reading this thread

Everybody Smile, your being watched!!!!!!!!!! lol

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I gather that deep, deep down inside....in that twisted little, dark part of our hearts and souls...

that we all kind of want this to happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Doesn't look like Fox is going to get to whatever they were going to say, if they do, it'll be very brief. They're more worried about this Burris/Blago crap, who cares about that.

It is not just Fox. Every station has been on this Burris crap for an hour and a half. Hopefully, they will still air the story.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

All the people who cared about the Paris/Britney coverage.

And they seem to outnumber the rest of us. Heck, my ex co-workers thought it was amazing that I was a chick and I read Popular Science magazine.

Like...how so totally un-fashionable, right? heh.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

By the crawlers searching for stories, but I wouldn't throw on any tin foil hats yet.

Its well known MSM agencies have a hand on the pulse of whats a "hot topic" on the net.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

For those that can't get it on cable or satellite, Fox News can be watched online here.

Hope that helps some.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel434

Unless you have to drive in it like i do, they are not taking to good care of their roads.

I was watching the fox teaser earlier and they were showing footage of open lava pits, not sure if it was from YS or some where else..
They sure are taking their time getting to the story , i gota get to bed, been a long night at work.

BTW Kudo's to everyone for the great work, i have learned a LOT reading this thread, go to YS about once a year, and being this close i stay on top of this thread, you guys get news and info before anyone.

But therory, i read the other day that the sun switched the magnetic polar fields, South is not north, could this be why we are having so much activity?
hold 2 magnets opposite and you will see what i mean, how long before earth flips, and what effect of the reverse poles going to have?

link   
I gave up and turned the channel. If anything really important is aired, I'll get my news from this thread and ATS. Atleast most of the people on ATS care about the right things.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

link   
reply to post by sageturkey

can i find the ys quake story on foxs web site? and can anybody link me?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aphelion
I gather that deep, deep down inside....in that twisted little, dark part of our hearts and souls...

that we all kind of want this to happen.

Young men cheered the arrival of World War I throughout the streets of Europe. Of course, they weren't cheering so loudly as they were running into machine gun fire, living with rats, and watching their buddies choke out their lungs in gas attacks. I expect it'd be the same with Yellowstone.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel

Only thing on there is an old story from Dec 30th, which has already been discussed on here. And you really have to dig to find it on FoxNews.com

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

It is not just Fox. Every station has been on this Burris crap for an hour and a half. Hopefully, they will still air the story.

Hopefully. However, 1) If the interview was pre-recorded the producers of "America's Newsroom" will probably hold it until tomorrow since their show just ended. 2) If the interview was scheduled, the scientist may decide not to come back after being stood up. 3) If the puppet masters that control the world told them to STFU, we'll never hear another peep.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Very, very likely.

You can check out this article that talks a little about how the sun's activity will affect our lives here on earth: www.spaceref.com...

"The sun is currently near the minimum of its 11-year activity cycle. It is expected that solar storms will increase in frequency and intensity toward the next solar maximum, expected to occur around 2012."

Yes, the magnetic poles do reverse polarity: typically after 3 years after a sunspot minimum.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel

Only thing on there is an old story from Dec 30th, which has already been discussed on here. And you really have to dig to find it on FoxNews.com

what a bummer for me then , i live in the mountians of Norway with no cable ,not that id be able to see it here anyway. nothing but crap on tv which is why i stoped watching tv ages ago.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by RFBurns
It just simply means its not on the public servers.

Umm, no it does not. Do you understand the concept of triangulating events between the webicorders and gee? What you are saying makes no sense. The webicorders and Gee may be delayed a few seconds, yes, but after they release the stream, or alternatively, they publish the update to the various webicorders graphs, it is easy to confirm- or in this case, deny- events. You are trying to make a case in the same breath that they are altering the data stream coming into gee and pulling out events, and feeding us relative flat lines instead? Lol, and I thought I was confused.

Ok let me clarify it for you.

The data you are so hung over that is not present on the public server system is simply just that..not on the public servers. That does not mean that their database is on that same system that the public uses. How confusing can that be to understand my friend? It really isnt.

There are two systems. Their database, and the public database. Their database gets the data first, priority. The public database gets it second, secondary. The two are completely isolated and seperate systems.

This means that if something is not on the public system, it is simply not there on the public system. That does not mean that it is also missing on their system and database.

Im not sure you are fully understanding that concept. They have to have the data, we dont. That public access system is for public benefit, public use, public curiosity, and public consumption. It is not intended to be used as a scientific database for the geologists and volcanologists who require their own database and systems to collect, store and process the data.

This one missing 3.2 Montana data is not anything to cry wolf over. I am simply trying to tell you how their system works and what happens when they consider data to be priority, and what happens when that data is prioritized.

Triangulating other sources is one way you can try to ascertain what might be in that particular area. Again, that is for your benefit, not the scientific analysis that is priority over public benefit for the "ooh ahh" factor.

Be glad they got the data and are analyzing it and trying to determine if there is a need to warn people. Heaven forbid that someone start crying that they didnt do anything about it. Well they are doing something about it, and doing it quite well IMO. Let me stress this point once again.....its a good thing that the system puts that data into priority mode and sends it where it needs to go so that the proper people who actually know far better than any of us out here how to decyper it and anlyize it and put 2 and 2 together from it.

If you like, contact the USGS office in Montana and file a complaint. I am sure they will stop what they are doing to address your concern over 1 piece of data that you dont have, but that they themselves do have.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join