It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm looking at the ys olf faithful and it seems like there's two gysers there now and the camera id panning out.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So did Faux publish their story?

Nope. Maybe it will come up later. My guess is that it will air during tomorrow's edition of "America's Newsroom".

EDIT: All that teasing for nothing. Reminds me of some girls I knew in HS.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by BOTOH]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphelion

Edit: Fumblefingers

Oh yeah, I see that in myself too

I oughtta just buck up and take a drive up there. I could entertain everyone on the webcam. You know, wipe the lens, do jumping jacks....
Watch sageturkey go up in flames. Live on FOX!

Na, I wasn't dissin anyone for why they might be tuning in. Besides, if the hard core ambulance chasers knew their P's and Q's, they'd know that this still the story to watch.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by sageturkey]

[edit on 6-1-2009 by sageturkey]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel

Originally posted by coolvibe
Thanks webcam man...
just turned but those people are still there.
And the snow is clearly melting.

What should this mean?

as Lee goldberg from chanelle 7 news in new york sez IT COULD BE THE JAN THAW.

Nope, deffinately not a "January thaw", as the current air temperature across the entire Yellowsone area is an average 13 degrees right now....with a Winter storm advisory.

Its obviously because of the warm ground temps near the geothermal activity, heating the snowcover from underneath.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
2 mwn standing there looking thru binoculars.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

That would be most entertaining, Sage. Do the classic "grin and thumbs up" to us all watching here on ATS. ;D

Heck, you could even chase around the workers and get 'statements'.

Looking at FEMA's site, this is kind of entertaining. (www.fema.gov...) They write, "Seismic activity in Yellowstone National Park has ceased as of Friday, January 2. Over 300 earthquakes were reported by USGS since December 27, 2008."

Well, we know - and have factual USGS data - to prove that is has *not* ceased.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
2 mwn standing there looking thru binoculars.

They are a strange breed of animal.................

Called Tourists........

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

Originally posted by alysha.angel

Originally posted by coolvibe
Thanks webcam man...
just turned but those people are still there.
And the snow is clearly melting.

What should this mean?

as Lee goldberg from chanelle 7 news in new york sez IT COULD BE THE JAN THAW.

Nope, deffinately not a "January thaw", as the current air temperature across the entire Yellowsone area is an average 13 degrees right now....with a Winter storm advisory.

Its obviously because of the warm ground temps near the geothermal activity, heating the snowcover from underneath.

I should have checked the local temps there first before commenting, but its good to liten things up a bit every now and then

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
When I went to the still webcam for Old Faithful (where they have the prediction of the next eruption) it said that the next eruption would be at 6 tonight. What's with that? Aren't they usually every 90 minutes or so? If this is accurate, I'm wondering how it could fit with the theory that there is a new hydrothermal vent below the Lake.

Guess someone just forgot to update it as it just blew. Is there a second vent to the right of OF? I don't remember that before.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by greyling]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Wonder why RSOE EDIS isn't showing the 19 EQ's from around Puerto Rico today?

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Here is a little insight:

If there is an event that "vanishes" or "is being withheld from the public" you might want to do a couple of things before jumping to the conspiracy conclusion:

1) Look at the USGS pages for Global Earthquakes. If there is an event somewhere in the world within ~30 minutes before then the earthquake is a "false alarm". Meaning that the teleseismic waves triggered the automatic system and made it through the systems teleseism filter.

2) Find webicorders for the Montana region. The seis.utah.edu webicorders for MCID should show something fairly large. In fact for a 3.2 there should be some coherent signal on most of the UUSS webicorders.

3) Use logic, not paranoia. The scientific community would not allow valuable data like a 3.2 ANYWHERE to just go missing.

4) There is also a site www.iris.edu that has many interesting links and you can access any station data for as long as that data was made available to IRIS.

->| Keep in mind that Yellowstone has a habit of doing this. It will puke out a bunch of events and get everyone in a "what if" huff and then just as quickly as it started it stops. Look forward to a paper being written by the Yellowstone Volcanic Observatory in the next couple of years showing any minute uplift or change in the hydrothermal system|

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Alright I will say it someone get on the horn and tell those 2 idiots from HS to give it up already and go wipe the camera for petes sake

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by coolvibe

The snow should be melting a bit, here in missoula we are at 24F now, and forcast is for up to 33F today. I'm sure YS is much warmer today as well.

Good story rigel434

Interesting read Aphelion

Still wating for Faux to put up the story... i think they are passing on it, stayed up 3 hrs past bed time for nothing.. i dont think they are going to show it now.. even set the webcam up to record it for everyone. Not a fox fan myself, but would of been interesting to see none the less.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ok, so after a three hour sleep I updated the "top secret geyser" (awesome name, kudos to who suggested it!) activity chart. It is indeed becoming more active:

Click to enlarge

[edit on 2009/1/6 by Shirakawa]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by greyling

That "Next Prediction" is frequently off. They simply forget to reset it. That was probably the last prediction time before the shut off the cam last night. The morning crew will update it right after they finish their coffee.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I've read in a few different locations (by posters, no citation fact or statements from professionals) that there apparently is "a chimney vent forming with magma in it".

Can anyone confirm those statements? Or are they just part of a snipe hunt of disinfo?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by coolvibe

The snow should be melting a bit, here in missoula we are at 24F now, and forcast is for up to 33F today. I'm sure YS is much warmer today as well.

As I recently posted (near the top of this page), weather.com reports all of Yellowstone as 13 degrees, with a winter storm adivsory. The air is too cold to melt the snow.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Umm am I the only one who sees that new vent on the side of oldfaithful? Mabe they tried to put a bore hole in the wrong place?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphelion

You know, I struggle with this thought, because for me it is true. It is the reason why any conspiracy tantalizes me.

I think that it is the desire for science fiction to become non fiction...for the impossible to become reality. And also to finally get the worst over with so that I can be through on the other side. Instead of simply buy groceries for another week I can stock up on water for the big disaster. So, it also gives me a reason to go through the motions of daily life.

Twisted? Yes. But I suspect that everyone on ATS might have a little but of this too. We'll be ready, because we dared to imagine the possibility.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think your going to find more up to date info off these public access websites and sensor readers than can be found on F.x news..or any other.

But if you want entertainment mingling over a serious matter, thats the channel to be tuned to IMO.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join