It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sageturkey
Fox is about to run a story on it right now. They finally said that scientisits think it's gonna blow.

I've been watching Fox for the last hour (taking one for the team) and didn't hear anything like that. Just alot of teases, some in a somewhat mocking tone -like they think it's crap but fun to cover.

EDIT: They seem much more fixated on the Senate-Designate Burris story (since it makes the Dems look bad and that's much more important than a silly volcano that could kill us all -LOL).

[edit on 6-1-2009 by BOTOH]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I guess I won't be able to see what they say on Fox. My cable provider (Time Warner) keeps cutting the signal in and out, like someone is playing with the connection. Jerks. Its the ONLY channel doing it too. How ironic.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The "Top Secret Geyser" just blew again.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aphelion
reply to post by sageturkey

But did they say WHEN......

edit: and I have to hope they didn't say that, they'll cause a freakin' explosion in the way of mass panic!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Aphelion]

Agreed. The way they work at Fox, they're going to hold the story until after a few more rounds of commercials and teasers. But, They did say that scientisits think that an eruption might be imininent.
In the last few years, Casper has seen a huge growth spurt. Unfortunately, we actually have traffic now which is going to cause a big mess on the roads. Our infrastructure has been groaning under the weight of all these additional bodies here already, this could put things over the edge. Still, hardly anyone knows from the people that I've talked to.
K Fox, spit it out...

link   
Just had a really small EQ here in north cali
sorry wanted to get that out fast incase it was the starter of a bigger one. Nothing big just a huge jerk that moved my desk is all.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by xoxo stacie]

link   
: @ BOTOH - Thanks man! I feel for you having to listen to that much vomited media at one go. And Faux is the most biased, putrid....well, I won't go into my contempt for them.

: @ MADDOG - I believe I read somewhere that Time Warner was cutting a lot of stations? Like Comedy Central? That true?

Man, I don't know what i'd do without Comedy Central. It's times like these we need to remember what a good sense of humor does for the body, mind and soul!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Why has the USGS removed the Montana eq at 13.15

3.2 Mag. 2009/01/06 13:15:29 46.341 -111.576 19.0 WESTERN MONTANA

???

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, it appears I was correct. They just deleted the 3.2 in Western Montana.

*poof* gone.

I might be getting a knack for this.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I work for FOX.

I have a FOX BOX shout system sitting next to me, that tells me pretty much whats coming down the pipe BEFORE it hits the air.

They DO NOT know that it is going to blow.

If something like this was going to be said.. I have not heard a word of it.... and this would be too hard to keep quiet even inside the company.

But new activity, yes.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantangele

We noticed that events were getting bigger and stronger and predicted that IF THE MAGMA WERE RISING OR HEATING UP UNDER THE LAKE that the period it would take for the vent to erupt would get shorter and the interval of the eruptions would trend larger. Look at 1/6. That's precisely what's happening, as predicted. The intervals are trending shorter. The eruptions are trending longer. MORE HEAT.

Your "new geyser" theory is interesting, but even assuming it exists, it's poor evidence of rising magma. Rising magma would itself show up on seismograms, in the form of harmonic tremor and regular earthquakes. It would also show up on the GPS tracking in the form of increased uplift/surface deformation. You wouldn't need to use this indirect "geyser" method of diagnosis.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by rigel434]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hi,

As I have some days off, I have been following events on the Yellowstone seismographs since Dec 27.
At first, I thought it interesting but nothing more. Then when activity picked up, I started looking for other sources and reading up on my poor understanding of seismic waves. I was glad to find that on Jan 4 activity became less. But as I now have some more info from other sources I am starting to wonder if indeed activity lessened. And the 3.2 Montana event of today gets me baffled to the utmost. First the latter is mentioned on the Earth Quake Hazards Website, then it shows on this Hungarian RSOE site but nothing at all can be found back on the real time Yellowstone monitoring stations.
And finally it disappears from the sites alltogether.
Could somebody please explain?
Maybe I should have posted on a more credible site as this one is (to say the least) full of very 'imaginative' people that would be better of on a more esoteric forum. A moderator could maybe step in and filter out some content?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Ahh, so you are saying you can't find anything on it either.

Thats correct. I have no special access to their systems to see data they see directly. I only have what the rest of the public has..the public accessable data.

Either a surface event or it will be deleted is my guess, cause there is no current corroborating evidence to this point, and I could be wrong. Just waiting for someone to find it, cause I am done looking.

It wont be deleted from their database I assure you. We just dont have it out here in the public domain, at least not yet. Who knows, it may become available later or it may not. Yes we have seen other graph indications with just as serious if not more readings than the 3.2 in Montana. But it doesnt mean that this missing 3.2 data from Montana is purposely being hidden when clearly there has been other data showing 5.2 readings in California and other areas. Doesnt make any sense to think that they are going to hold back or delete data readings of 3.2 in Montana when we have evidence of bigger readings elsewhere..if they were intending to hide data, why do we have stronger indications from other areas greater than 3.2 from just a day or so ago?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

No offense intended on my Fox Bashing, Twitch.
But seriously...how can you listen to that much media and so often and still be able to smile...??

Also those who do catch it, would be great to read what news you *do* hear and re-post! (But please try not to play 'telephone'?
)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aphelion

: @ MADDOG - I believe I read somewhere that Time Warner was cutting a lot of stations? Like Comedy Central? That true?

Man, I don't know what i'd do without Comedy Central. It's times like these we need to remember what a good sense of humor does for the body, mind and soul!

They were, but I guess they worked out a deal with Viacom. I just find it funny how the only channel cutting in and out, is Fox News, right when they're actually going to say something about Yellowstone.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well, it appears I was correct. They just deleted the 3.2 in Western Montana.

*poof* gone.

I might be getting a knack for this.

As I was saying, its off the public access sites, but I guarantee it isnt just "poof" off of their database.

Besides, the 3.2 reading is not as big as other readings taken over the last couple of days, which we clearly do have in our little collections. That right there tells me that this one 3.2 Montana reading is just simply not on the public servers, but does not indicate to me there is some kind of purposely crafted coverup of that data or purposely deleting it from their own databases. It just simply means its not on the public servers.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Fox is NO more biased than CNN, or ABC, or MSNBC....

Every news outled has a slant no matter how hard they try. And dig this.. Fox News science coverage is way better than most, they really get some good stories on there that no one else covers.

It is what it is. I like it.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by dustystrings]

link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Well the USGS have removed it but it is still on RSOE and gives the USGS as the source
hisz.rsoe.hu...

link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

It's a conspiracy man. Just like the Detroit Lions. We all know they're paid to suck on purpose.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
While we're on the subject of western Montana, Missoula sure looks pretty right now on its webcam:

www.missoulian.com...

On the downside, all this snow so far this year means that those of us who like to fish Montana will probably have to wait until early August once again for the rivers to come down enough to be fishable. They seem to either have drought or deluge out there nowadays.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphelion

None taken, I think FOXnews can be very biased...

Trust me, if anything comes across my alerts or notifications (that is of huge importance), this thread would be one of my first stops.

Trust me, this huge thread has garnered much attention... but sometimes much attention is just good for ratings.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

new topics

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join