It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saddam husssein will be executed within 30 days

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yep ... lawyers ordered to pick up his things. Newsmax has 'breaking news' that he will be executed tomorrow. Some Iraqi cabinet members are supposedly quoted as saying they want to wait at least a month. Don't know if they really said that or if it's disinfo put out to confuse the situation and gain time for Saddam.

News Max Breaking News

I doubt it is disinfo. I just read one story (sorry did not keep a link) that stated they want to hang him before the start of the upcoming Holy Day on Sunday.

God ya got to love the back and forward buttons on browsers. Here is the link. www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 12/29/2006 by shots]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just in via wire services like AP

www.breitbart.com...
"Saddam will be executed today or tomorrow," said Munir Haddad, a judge on the appeals court that upheld Saddam's death sentence. "All the measures have been done."

Haddad is authorized to attend the execution on behalf of the judiciary.

"I am ready to attend and there is no reason for delays," Haddad said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Anyone care to pick the actual time??

[edit on 12/29/2006 by shots]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
SHOTS! That's a great picture!

Hung within hours And yet another story that he will be hung within hours as long as permission is given for him to be hung on the holy haj day.

They want to 'give the Iraqi people a gift for the holy day'. Yep. That's what I read. And for the relatives of the hundreds of thousands of victims ... it very well could be a gift.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Anyone care to pick the actual time??

Is there a high holy time at the Haj? Like for Christmas it's midnight. Does the Haj have a high holy time? If so ... that is my prediction...since those who are making this happen are calling it a 'gift to the Iraqi people for the holy day'.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

They want to 'give the Iraqi people a gift for the holy day'. Yep. That's what I read. And for the relatives of the hundreds of thousands of victims ... it very well could be a gift.

how sad and ironic then that by this one action, so many more iraqi people will soon be exchanging the same 'gift' to other people in iraq and NONE of them will be able to exchange them as an unwanted present

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The man is guilty as all sin that is for sure but all of you rooting for his death is just bloody ghoulish and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Is there a high holy time at the Haj? Like for Christmas it's midnight. Does the Haj have a high holy time? If so ... that is my prediction...since those who are making this happen are calling it a 'gift to the Iraqi people for the holy day'.

That is kind of what I was wondering also. I see on TV right now they meaning CNN say he will be dead before 10 PM EST today and the headlines read Developing Story. They also say it will not be televised as expcted but I am wondering on that claim. My assumption would be they do not want to give an exct time so his supporters could not attempt a rescue.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Source: www.breitbart.com...

Excerpt

he official witnesses to Saddam Hussein's impending execution gathered Friday in Baghdad's fortified Green Zone in final preparation for his hanging, as state television broadcast footage of his regime's atrocities.

The Iraqi government readied all the necessary documents, including a "red card" _ an execution order introduced during Saddam's dictatorship. As the hour of his death approached, Saddam received two of his half brothers in his cell on Thursday and was said to have given them his personal belongings and a copy of his will.

paragraph snipped

An adviser to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Saddam would be executed before 6 a.m. Saturday, or 10 p.m. Friday EST. Also to be hanged at that time were Saddam's half-brother Barzan Ibrahim and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court, the adviser said.

[edit on 12/29/2006 by titian]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The man is guilty as all sin that is for sure but all of you rooting for his death is just bloody ghoulish and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

So true but given the audience did you really expect anything less. Some people just can't see past their own feet.
What's amusing is that those same people will bemoan the increased US troop death that is now inevitable.

brill

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
They need to stop this NOW!

Give it one more week and set up a Pay-Per-View!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
They need to stop this NOW!

Give it one more week and set up a Pay-Per-View!

:shk:

And he did what to YOU? Or your family?

I need a shower after reading this. I thought I was among people that thought. :shk:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Please Stop,
Why are we hailing the death of a human being?

Please refrain from such behaviour, this is not a public display but a being who will meet his creator.

Who are you to cast the first stone. ?

Have you opposed to the war?
Have you saved a single aborted child?
Have you raised your voice against the crimes revealed before Saddam was seized?
Have you challenged the government, harboring our impoverished neighbors? The millions in poverty in our own country.(USA)
I haven't, I confess.
DO you need a scape goat?

We are not liberating one single person with this act.

Saddam's crimes are obvious, are yours?

Don't get me wrong, I have seen the suffering his hideous regime has caused.
But are we to become animals?
WIS

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence

The answer to that is very simple. Because he killed/raped and who knows what too approximately 1.5 million people, that is why.

How you can sit there and say he does not deserve the death peanlty just amazes me. :shk:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by WalkInSilence

The answer to that is very simple. Because he killed/raped and who knows what too approximately 1.5 million people, that is why.

That you have been told by YOUR media.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Shots
Thirtyseven millionsome people in the US are POOR, poverty, isolation, starvation, they freeze to death, some of them.
Some of them die slowly, very slowly.

Is this crime any different from our supposed scape goat.

I learned a lesson from my Father, back wards, he hated the communists, he would have killed them bare handed, they took all he had, farm, land, dignity, his country; he had to flee.
All he had was bitterness and hate.

I will not submit to such primordial behaviour.
An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind. (Ghandi)
WIS

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
BBC News has just reported that papers are ready for his execution, and the plan is for him to be executed 6am Iraqi time (approx. 2:30am GMT).

And the US Judge has refused to stop the execution.

I expect there to be a bit of trouble in Iraq tomorrow...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I do not support the death penalty, even for monsters like Saddam.

Still, this has such a morbid circus going on around it that even I found myself falling into it's trap.

I imagined a guy who dies and finds himself in line before the pearly gates and he knows he didn't live a real clean life. He cheated on his taxes and his wife etc, etc....then he looks up and Saddam is in line right before him and he just yells, "YES!!!" cause he knows he'll look like a saint when they get thru with Saddam....

This is a very morbid situation, very morbid indeed....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I do not support the death penalty, even for monsters like Saddam.

Still, this has such a morbid circus going on around it that even I found myself falling into it's trap.

I imagined a guy who dies and finds himself in line before the pearly gates and he knows he didn't live a real clean life. He cheated on his taxes and his wife etc, etc....then he looks up and Saddam is in line right before him and he just yells, "YES!!!" cause he knows he'll look like a saint when they get thru with Saddam....

This is a very morbid situation, very morbid indeed....

I think you get the point EXACTLY wupy. I AM in favour of the death penalty for returning sex offenders and pedophiles. BUT this is a joke. Kangaroo trial, retribution for WHO?

Morbid? Maybe. Pathetic, for sure.

Viva Le Retribution.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sub, please give us a link?

East Central would be???? NOW
WIS

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Its in less than 20 mins,

The witnesses are arriving at this moment

new topics