It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saddam husssein will be executed within 30 days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
news report here saying that the iraqi appeals court has upheld the death sentence on saddam hussein and therefore he will be executed within 30 days.

guess if you though iraq was a mess now, you wont have to wait long till it starts to get REALLY bad there.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by justyc]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
As a veteran - I have waited 15 years for this day.

Hope I can catch it on youtube - got the popcorn and beer ready.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
you wont have to wait long till it starts to get REALLY bad there.

WHY?

Because their dictator is being put to death? Newsflash - Most Iraqis hated the man. He was evil to them. He mass murdered, raped and stole from them. They hate him.

With him dead there will be one less reason for the insurgent terrorists to fight. Oh, they will keep fighting, because death and terror are a part of their souls, but there will be one less reason to bolster them. With Saddam dead, there will be no chance of him escaping or the insurgents getting to him to set him free.

I'm sure HELL is planning a HUGE welcome party. Saddams two dead maniac sons will most likely head the lineup of evil stars waiting to shake his hand upon arrival.

EXCELLENT NEWS! Glad to hear he's on his way out. I'll wait to applaud until I have actual proof he's dead, just in case he worms his way out of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
They are saying he may be executed immediately (in time for the new strategy announcement?)

It's foolish to believe the current insurgencies in Iraq have got anything to do with support for Saddam. They don't have anything to do with him. It's equally foolish to believe his death will cause a drop in insurgency.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
It's equally foolish to believe his death will cause a drop in insurgency.

*sigh*

Were you addressing my post? I didn't say that there would be a drop in insurgency attacks. Not at all. I said it was one less thing that would bolster them, and it's TRUE, not foolish.

The insurgency would LOVE to see Saddam freed for many reasons. Mostly because it would be an embarrassment to the USA. Also, he still has a following of Bathists and it would be easy for him to tap his connections with Syria and to get his Bathist terrorists back together under him. Don't forget all those billions he stole from the Oil for Food program ... millions went to bribes and payoffs of UN officials but he probably still has some of it hidden away and useable. (to hire lawyers with!
Oh that would be interesting!!)

The insurgency would LOVE for Saddam to be freed if only to embarrass America. But that aside, Saddam deserves death. He deserves the death penalty a hundred thousand times over. He deserves Hell and, as I said, I'm sure Hell is in great anticipation of his coming arrival.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think they should walk him to the gallows via some main streets in downtown Bagdhad lined with people throwing stones. Hanging is to fast for the likes of him, he should dies very slow death IMHO.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't get it, what satisfaction can any one have when some one good or bad dies, is revenge that sweet.
I would give him life in prisson.

This is how I see things.
if some one has done anything bad , killed or raped , that person should be put away in a place simply to protect other people, to make sure that person can not hurt anyone else.
Anything above that is ilogical and has to do with satisfaction, to get satisfaction out of some one dieing regardles if that person is good or bad is idiotic.
Some would say, look what has he done, let's get rid of him, but how you get rid of someone is really important, do we get rid of that person by killing it, or do we get rid of that person by puting it in a place where it can't do no harm.
Killing some one or puting some one in jail for life has the same outcome, it's the same result.
So the question is, why kill kill kill. because it makes some people feel happy? is that it?
Killing is justified only in self deffence, any other way is simply murdurer.
I would say you guys are no better than saddam

Getting satisfaction out of some one dieing makes me want to puke.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The insurgency isn't about saddam hussein and never has been. It's wishful thinking to join them together. In fact there isn't even one insurgency but many. Former Baathists are low down that scale in comparison to Sunni and Shia civil war. The wider insurgency is against the occupation itself and in no way will a US Led court, that has already removed the judge and now passes execution, in no way will that soften their resolve or take away their will to fight. If anything it will harden that resolve.

The passing of sentence a few months back was used for short term gain just prior to elections in the USA and the carrying out of the sentence will be for the same reason.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's not going to be Saddam who gets executed, it's gonna be some poor sap lookalike. On top of that, whoever it is will have a bag on his head. As I said in another thread, he has too much intelligence value to execute.

I bet a lot of the Iraqis who were happy to see him go are probably now wishing he was back. The country was a hundred times more stable than it is now.

Peace

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's not going to be Saddam who gets executed, it's gonna be some poor sap lookalike. On top of that, whoever it is will have a bag on his head. As I said in another thread, he has too much intelligence value to execute.

I bet a lot of the Iraqis who were happy to see him go are probably now wishing he was back. The country was a hundred times more stable than it is now.

Peace

What intelligence does he have to offer? Can he tell us anything current day Iraq? No.

He is of Zero value - he is a murder and needs to be put to death.

I'd prefer a bullet -but I guess a rope works just as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

I am against the death penalty for most cases but in his case he HAS TO die. It is too dangerous to leave him alive in prison. It is too dangerous for those guarding him and too dangerous to leave him alive for the rest of us.

If left alive in prison, then that prison will become a major terrorist target. Even if it is a 'secret prison' eventually his whereabouts would get out and it would become a target and that would put all the innocent jailers (as well as the other prisoners) at grave risk.

If left alive in prison, terrorists will start taking hostages demanding the release of Saddam in exchange for the hostages. Betchya'. It's how they think. 'Give us Saddam or we will blow up Paris' (or Madrid, or Tel Aviv) .. etc etc.

If left alive in prison, it will send a message that you can mass murder, mass rape, and steal billions and not have to really pay for it.

If left alive in prison, there is still a chance that he could get out - either through a terrorist situation or through corrupt legal means. He can't be allowed the chance to get out. Period.

[edit on 12/26/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Im with DrLove on this one.
The pictures of the man captured as "Saddam" wasen't the real Saddam. The guy on trial obviously was a double.
The real Saddam is probably in some safehouse, livin large.

If the execution isn't public, it will be just a public relations spin and a sham.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I don't get it, what satisfaction can any one have when some one good or bad dies, is revenge that sweet.

This is how I see things.
if some one has done anything bad , killed or raped , that person should be put away in a place simply to protect other people, to make sure that person can not hurt anyone else.
Anything above that is ilogical and has to do with satisfaction, to get satisfaction out of some one dieing regardles if that person is good or bad is idiotic.
Some would say, look what has he done, let's get rid of him, but how you get rid of someone is really important, do we get rid of that person by killing it, or do we get rid of that person by puting it in a place where it can't do no harm.
Killing some one or puting some one in jail for life has the same outcome, it's the same result.
So the question is, why kill kill kill. because it makes some people feel happy? is that it?
Killing is justified only in self deffence, any other way is simply murdurer.
I would say you guys are no better than saddam

Getting satisfaction out of some one dieing makes me want to puke.

I have no guilt over killing someone that is evil. I think the death penalty should be used a lot more often, I not talking about lethal injection I am talking about the guillotine its cheaper and just as painless. I have seen to much evil in this world to believe that life in prison is worth anything, its just a drain on resources.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I agree wholly with JamesMcMahn!
Human vermin such as Saddam Hussein should be publicly executed then cremated leaving no trace of his remains.
Other despots deserve to be treated to a similar fate.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have a prophecy to share with you all. I foresaw it for a while in my subconscious, and the more things are developing the more it seems likely to happen. Here it is:

Saddam will be set free from jail, sometime before his execution. I can place a bet on that. The insurgents have become very dangerous and terribly effective. Hezbollah, as a solidarity gesture, might very well support an insurgent group into raiding Saddam's prison and get him out.

Meanwhile Iraq insurgency would get to a point where there would be an insurrection on the Iraqi government, and the whole situation would get so chaotic and violent that the US would have no choice, just as in Vietnam, than to withdraw its troops And then Saddam would get back into power in Iraq, being more popular than he ever was in this country, and forge an alliance with Iran against the US. This would be the final insult to the neocons and eveyone who has supported their invasion of Iraq.

As a result of this debacle, the US economy would obviously crumble upon itself, and the recession would probably be as bad as in the '30s, and China and the EU would benefit from the fall of the US and emerge as the new global superpowers. The US military would even probably have to sell some of its +60 bases worldwide, as well as armament to one of these superpowers in order to reduce its sky-high deficit. This would be the end of the American empire as we know it. George W. Bush, having succeded in his plan to bring down America to his knees, will be knighted by the Queen just like his daddy, and quietly retire in his 100 000 acre, recently-acquired ranch in northern Paraguay, while the American people is struggling into poverty and oil crisis.

What do ya think?

[edit on 26/12/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There is still a large percentage of Iraqis who believe that Sadam will return to power. Maybe his execution will finally put their minds at ease. Other than that, what time does the party start crisko and can I bring anything besides more beer?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
I have a prophecy to share with you all. I foresaw it for a while in my subconscious, and the more things are developing the more it seems likely to happen. Here it is:

Saddam will be set free from jail, sometime before his execution. I can place a bet on that.

I'll take you up on that bet...whatever you have to bet, I'll match it. I'll even give you 2-1 odds.

Don't back out, let's make the bet.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
thats one tyrent being excuted
its a pitty that blair and Bush who are responsible for the deaths of more people then saddam are still free. and not there being killed with him

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
thats one tyrent being excuted
its a pitty that blair and Bush who are responsible for the deaths of more people then saddam are still free. and not there being killed with him

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I Must Say No, we as humans have no right to take another humans life.
He (and "others")have committed unbelievable crimes, yes, but let his final judgement be "elsewhere".

I truly believe we only add to the hate and violence in the world.
WIS

<<   2  3  4 >>

join