It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saddam husssein will be executed within 30 days

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
(Thanks..remember those soldiers are dead and cant defend themselves now and Those WERE your TAX dollars....) - kix

Enjoy the hate

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by finallianstallion
and now some stupid ( not all ) but some yanks think that all the terrorism has ended and the 9-11 has bee retaliated....

and some stupid brits think he should have been given 20 years to prove his case.

kix

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Weirdly enough for you 29 years you dont even get it do you?

I am completelly against using violence to fight violence, it only generates, hate, wars, hatred and such.
Do you think the INVASION of Iraq solved iraqui people problems? , do you think the Death of Saddam achieved something? ( most because he was now in prison and with no future?)

Dont twist things pal, the one driven by hatred and hate is another, I just think a bad thing was done to cover up for far more terrible things done, like the thousands of dead soldiers, and iraqui people... but hey if you want to go out and celebrate Saddams execution and jump and dance on the street...by all means be my guest....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I said nothing about celebrating his death... Just pointing out YOU.. You stick out like a soar thumb in this thread. I understand what your stateing but your spitting it like vile.. Could you at least be professional and calm and down to earth about it without running people off who might take your side or at least debate with you?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
and some stupid brits think he should have been given 20 years to prove his case.

well, 20 years isn't a lot of time when you consider the number of crimes he's was tried for...

i actually think they should have tried him for everything possible before sentencing him, just as a symbolic thing
though i don't think he (OR ANYONE ELSE) should have gotten the death penalty

[edit on 12/29/06 by madnessinmysoul]

kix

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What would happen if there are attacks in Iraq or anywhere else in response to Saddam death?

I dont know but I can entertain some theories.

1) It would prove that Saddam still has support or people behind him.
2) It would make the Neocons look bad and with bad Intel.
3) Certanly anything weird that happnes now will be connected to the execution, even if its not.

On the other hand if nohing happens, most probably that would mean that he was powerless and killing him achieved nothing, just a revenge of sort for all the wrong doings he did.
The real questions are beyond this execution..WHAT NOW? is really mission acomplished?, is there a legitimate government on Iraq?, When will the US end the occupation?, Will the US expand the invasion?... those are the hard questions, the questiosn that cost lives and that cost money who could be used for nobler purposes...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I congratulate the Iraqi people.
A new government, a new court system which proved it's value by trying, and following through on it's verdict.

I am willing to bet there are more Iraqis that feel a sense of closure, than Iraqis that don't

Swinging from the end of a rope is a well known occupational hazard of dictators.

This would all be different, had Saddam not Stabbed the US in the back, his own people in the back. And gambled with the UN by making them play the WMD shell game. He would probably be drinking expensive brandy, and enjoying a nice cigar instead.
Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Swinging from the end of a rope is a well known occupational hazard of dictators.

Yes..Benito Mussolini's execution was way more brutal than Saddam's.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
SO they smoked this evol spawn of Satan !

Who will we BBQ next ?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
I have a prophecy to share with you all. I foresaw it for a while in my subconscious, and the more things are developing the more it seems likely to happen. Here it is:

Saddam will be set free from jail, sometime before his execution. I can place a bet on that.
What do ya think?

Former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein executed

December 30, 2006 09:11 IST
Last Updated: December 30, 2006 12:26 IST

Saddam Hussein, who ruled Iraq with an iron fist for over quarter of a century, was hanged to death on Saturday, three years after he was deposed from power by the US.

The 69-year-old former President, was taken to the gallows and executed at 6 am local time (08.30 IST), Iraqi state-run television reported.

www.rediff.com...

So wht happened to your prophecy, Echtelion??
He's dead as a dodo! Gone! Fini! Terminated!

THE END, but the begining of civil war in Iraq!!

[edit on 30-12-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Tomorrow President Bush will swagger up to the mic at the white house in crawford texas and try to convince the American people that now that Saddam [that wasn't saddam] is dead we are safer and on the road to finishing the mission in Iraq.

i would just LOVE IT if someone there would ask bush how as a christian (OT) he is commanded 'thou shall not kill' or as a christian (NT) 'do unto others as you would have others do unto you'. he should seriously ponder both of those before opening his mouth

on the pearl harbour note that somebody mentioned - do any americans here believe that those in power that KNEW pearl harbour was going to happen and let should have been hung as traitors to their country?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
just heard on news there is a airport bombing in spain

and some parts of the video were released

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
just heard on news there is a airport bombing in spain

i reported that already here but theres no news on who was responsible so it shouldn't be in this thread as it may be unrelated

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This is a joke. And like the opening poster already mentioned. Now it'll become really messy in Iraq for a long time. Still many people, especially the ones I seen on tv and in this thread giving commentary know little to nothing and like to show it off as well.

There is such a long history involved here and no one even thinks about the future. But allow me to give a small summary, which will be incomplete since there is more to it then meets the eye.

Sadam started of as a recruit for the Iraq army and moved his way up through the ranks. He was young and idealistic like all young people. Most people who don't agree with their country's policy do nothing about it, but he did. He took control, but soon after it got to his head. Every threat to "his" country would be waged war upon and people who opposed him would be neutralised. Many deaths are upon Sadam's head.

As with all country's in which this happens there will be people who will rebel. Take Osama Bin Laden, the most will known of all those little rebelliously factions, who started to oppose Sadam During the 70's. There were no problems, just local affairs which were logical follow ups. A group of people who rebelled against the reigning dictator. Unfortunately USA saw this as an opportunity to make money and sold weapons to Iraq and Sadam. The Netherlands, where I'm from, sold Nuclair junk.

What I find odd is that the USA did that after years of waging war against Iraq during the 70's.

If people were truly as idealistic as some idiots here make it out to be Sadam would've never even gotten the stuff needed to kill. There are more people and countries at fault here which are conveniently left out.

Well Bin Laden, the rebel that he is, fought for the people and himself against Sadam. Seeing the support Sadam got from the USA and such made Bin Laden see that there were other enemies to the freedom of Iraqi people. The USA got involved where they shouldn't have since it was a local affair. How convenient that Bush was asleep during the execution with the message that America didn't want to get on the foreground since it is an Iraq affair. Well 30+ years to late in order to say that #head.

So to give a warning Osama attacked an oil tanker during the early '80's. The USA didn't get the hint so Osama placed a van with explosives in the garage of the WTC. The saying is that not even a donkey hits the same stone twice. Well the USA is dumber then a donkey since Osama had to sent a 3rd hint which caused the collapse of the WTC in 2001. In all cases Osama wasn't planning to cause as much destruction as possible else he would've hit more populated areas over and over again.

During the 80's Sadam grew more and more old and senile. He no longer showed any of his old self. No countries were being attacked any more. Osama had Sadam against the ropes. Even the guards who overlooked Sadam while he spend his days in prison said that Sadam was quite a nice guy who reminded them of their grandpa. Sadam simply wasn't who he used to be. Since Osama was pounding on Sadam, Sadam couldn't do as much as he wanted to do anyway though. Sadam even got caught by accident. For the people who lived, and still live there, it was hell since it was a constant battle zone between 2 factions with some minor rebel groups running in the way.

After the WTC attack the american propaganda machine started working over time. A local rebel suddenly was called an international terrorist. Bush started the war against terrorism while there was no terrorism to begin with. After a decade or 2 of quietness the USA hit the bee hive with a stick again and got bitten. Then they jump into the role of victims while they are the cause of all of the international # going on. And doing so the USA dragged the rest of the western world into this mess as well. Something local something grew to international proportions which could've been avoided quite easily if people had even half a braincell to think. And to cover up their own incompetence they fed lies to soldiers to give them a fake patriotic feel of doing "good", else there wouldn't even been an army to go to Iraq.

I found it so damn funny that a soldier shot down an airplane thinking it was Iraqian while it was their own. Iraq didn't even have airplance back then moron. It does show the intelligence of the average GI Joe which makes it a lot easier to see how easily they got indoctrinated in order to fight for a false/flawed cause.

Thinking they are so damn zealous and righteous assuming they can just barge in and do as they please. This includes forcing themselves and their ideals upon others under the banner of "democracy" and "aiding people to give a better future". The way of the west isn't the way of the middle-east. Different part of the world, different life conditions, different beliefs. Forcing something on someone which they don't support will only cause more trouble for the people living there.

But no the American government rather gets a hand into the future Iraqian government so that they can indirectly get a hand in on the oil. If they were really smart they'd spend the money wasted on the war to simply buy Iraq. Build muslim temples where american-muslim teachings would be spread and a little american flag next to the door to indoctrinate the people more subtlety then they have been doing now.

But now the real # begins. Sadam kept things in check. With him gone now there will be no one to run the country. Every aspirant "leader" will fight among themselves, more dividing of people, wasting of resources, in short massive chaos that you can spot from a mile away. Killing/death sentence of Sadam will even make him a martyr to some of the people. That very act got rid of the man, but still left a vacuum that needs to be filled. A vacuum that someone else in the future will fill and be lived by that vacuum doing similar acts as Sadam did. Sadam, leader of Iran, South Korea, Hitler, Bush...all men at the top of their countries killing others. It's like how the leaders of tribes fought 4000 years ago and animals even before that. The world sure has grown more mature

But with Sadam being killed now I wonder when Bush will be killed for all the war crimes he has on his head.

For the people in Iraq I'd rather seen Sadam in the position he was until he died. Then a more gradual transition towards a new leader and governmental set-up could be made. Now things are rushed and forced and will not work causing more problems.

Death Sentence is something I'm against. It is pointless and used only by idiots who are lead to much by their emotions and don't think about the future and the effects. Idiocy to the max. Making people spend time in a small cell, isolated from others, will cause them to start thinking. That is when guilt and such will grow in the mind of the criminal causing a lot of agony and pain. Mental wounds that come from self confrontation and reflection, mental wounds that heal not as easily as physical wounds. Now he's dead and nothing will come to him. But if you belief in hell and such catholic indoctrination then those people can find "relief" in that.

It is also narrow minded and hypocritical to say it is not inhumane to kill. But suddenly it is ok to stoop down his level and kill him. What an example of humane behavior you are then. But if you can live and sleep calmly while having taken a live (in)directly...

[edit on 30-12-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Technically, Sadam was a prisoner of war, therefore should have been tried after this Iraqi War was over. He should have been tried by the UN in a court of justice, not a court of clowns.

I don't agree with his execution, or anyone elses for that matter, and thinking about it makes me sick.

Who's up for trying Bush and Blair and gettin' them hanged for war crimes? Anyone? Nah, I didn't think so...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So is the video of his execution about yet?

Don't look at me like that! As if there's anyone here who isn't going to watch it, and anyone who says so is a friggin' liar!

Seriously though it's not going to get my rocks off but it is Saddam and it is history, I have to see it out of morbid curiosity.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
So is the video of his execution about yet?

Don't look at me like that! As if there's anyone here who isn't going to watch it, and anyone who says so is a friggin' liar!

Seriously though it's not going to get my rocks off but it is Saddam and it is history, I have to see it out of morbid curiosity.

Well the video itself goes as far as the noose being put around his neck and they apparently didn't broadcast the actual hanging, so who knows on that one.

If it's on tape it remains to be seen.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Somehow I doubt the UN would have managed to even find him guilty of his gassing of the Kurds, they would have probably turned him out completely free, considering that Kofi Annan said the five Bulgarian nurseas and a Palestinian who knowingly infected some 400 Libyan children with AIDS shouldn't be put to death.

“I am deeply concerned by confirmation of a guilty verdict and a death sentence (against the six) and, therefore, appeal to the Libyan and the international community to continue working together in a spirit of reconciliation,”

Reconciliation for those who would infect children with a fatal disease? If they are willing to let those kinds of scum live what would they do to a man who used nerve gas on people, send him to a retirement home in the Cayman Islands somewhere?

Even if he was jailed for life who should have to bear the financial burden of housing, protecting, feeding, and maintaining him for the remainder of his days? Should the Iraqi people have to pay that money out from an economy that isint exactly top notch? Should the US, or should anybody for that matter have to pay the money to keep a monster as a pet?

And as for the suggestion that after he died naturally in power there would have been a natural transition to a more friendly system I find that hard to believe when his sons were obviously following in their fathers footsteps and would likely be only two candidates to take over his position. Would have been diffrent names but still the same old bloody game if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

The more proof against this illegial regime the better...
and im refering to the US government there.
We have no right to be executing the leader of another country that we have just invaded.
This will be a public party setup by bush and co, that will... one day come back to bite them so hard on the butt, they too will want the death penalty.

but that doesnt change the fact that the US has no right to of invaded, captured, tried and execute this man.

I have to agree with agit8dchop on this one, It the same as saying that China beleives that the US and it's President are a rogue nation going by their actions in the past and currently overseas, and feel that the US is a threat to other nations. Therefore China takes it upon itslef to purify the world of the Bush regime and lauches an invasion of the US, which is potracted and many thousands of civilians die in the end. BUT, 3 years after the invasion of the US, Bush is strung up infront of the white house lawn on international media, following a false one sided communit trial.

If the shoe was on the other foot?

Hussein was not an angel, we all know that, and he had to go on trial but the whole scenario was a farce! He was instigated by the USA, payed by the CIA, funded with weapons by many other nations - he was created to hold Iran in check, therefore any crimes he may have commited must be on the backs of his funders and his creators too, it would be only fair and the democratically right thing to do.

So WHY wasnt there a full investigation and a proper trial to get all these facts out? WHY was the trial rushed as was his execution?

Beacause it was all a show for the public both in Iraq and the Arab world aswell as back in the states.

The REAL Saddam wasnt even killed, but a double put in his place and to have this acted out on the holiest of Muslim days was really a slap in the face to all muslim arabs saying that we Yanks can come here and do what the hell we want because we invade your country and we make the rules.

Just remember, history has a way of repeating itself and what goes around comes around.

Even Rome fell in the end and it wasnt a strong power that brought it down either!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Watched the report of his execution on BBC news which broadcast 'selective' parts of the hanging, we got to see the real Saddam having a noose put around his neck, this part of the video is professional quality production - the funny thing is that the broadcast then jumps to after the execution and the video is grainy and jumpy, a bit like the majority of UFO videos we watch with hopeful eyes. Because of the poor quality I could not quite believe it really was Saddam.

You can see the difference in quality on the pictures on
this BBC news website

Apparently this is all the Iraqi people got to see too.

I still don't understand why they choose to execute him by hanging?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join