It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saddam husssein will be executed within 30 days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
thats one tyrent being excuted
its a pitty that blair and Bush who are responsible for the deaths of more people then saddam are still free. and not there being killed with him

I have to see how you figure that Bush and Blair are responsible for more deaths than Saddam? I'm dying to see how you can justify this statement.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Saddam will be set free from jail, sometime before his execution. I can place a bet on that. The insurgents have become very dangerous and terribly effective. Hezbollah, as a solidarity gesture, might very well support an insurgent group into raiding Saddam's prison and get him out.
[edit on 26/12/06 by Echtelion]

Did he get shot in the head in the process?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am deeply conflicted over this. On a basic philosophical level I object to the death penalty in that I really don't think that it solves anything. Yes Saddam Hussien was an evil man, or what he did was evil. There are very very few people who actually think of themselves as evil. Even Hitler thought he had a noble calling. So, let us say he committed crimes against humanity. Well then what political leader doesn't? It is the nature of politics to be amoral, no matter what they tell the rubes who vote or back them...morals rarely, no morals never have anything to do with it. The thing was/is it was up to the Iraqi's to remove and deal with Saddam and to punish him. We invaded his country, disposed him and when we caught him, had him tried by an obvious kangaroo court whose outcome was a given. We invaded his country for reasons built on extremely faulty intelligence and known lies. We have released the whirlwind there when any simple analysis of historical precedents (like the Balkans after Tito) would have told us what would happen. But our leaders ignored reason on the march to war and now thousands of American and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi deaths later we still can't face the fact that the bloody mess is of our own making. Thousands and hundreds of thousands are dead with many more to come all because of one man's arrogance and pugnaciousness. So would someone tell me again how Bush is any better?

[edit on 26-12-2006 by grover]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I have to see how you figure that Bush and Blair are responsible for more deaths than Saddam? I'm dying to see how you can justify this statement.

the first few weeks of the start of the war
then going through the period of the war
cuvilaisn killed by (so called) accidents and killed by forces in anger
also the the civil war which is thanks to the country being completly turned upside down.

thought someone like your self would have rememberd all those topics about how Iraqi casulties caused by coloution forces out number those by saddam

if you want i will find those topics and post them?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Cool!

They should put it on pay-per-view cable. I'd pay to see that bastard's neck break in a noose, or better yet just hang and get strangled to death.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
we as humans have no right to take another humans life.

As i said earlier, I am usually against the death penalty EXCEPT when it is necessary for the safety of innocent people. Saddam MUST die. It's necessary. If he were to be alive in jail then wingnut terrorists would take hostages and/or threaten to blow up buildings in order to get him released. When he's dead, no such things can happen.

its a pitty that blair and Bush who are responsible for the deaths of more people then saddam

Prove that statement. Give credible links and/or sources.

[edit on 12/26/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Prove that statement. Give credible links and/or sources.

as you wish

from the start

Poor planning, air strikes by coalition forces and a "climate of violence" have led to more than 100,000 extra deaths in Iraq, scientists claim.
A study published by the Lancet says the risk of death by violence for civilians in Iraq is now 58 times higher than before the US-led invasion.

Cnn
In a survey published on the Web site of the Lancet medical journal on Friday, experts from the United States and Iraq also said the risk of death for Iraqi civilians was 2.5 times greater after the invasion.

There has been no official figure for the number of Iraqis killed since the conflict began 18 months ago, but some non-government estimates have ranged from 10,000 to 30,000.

bb
An estimated 655,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion, according to a survey by a US university.

more sources

happy?

[edit on 26-12-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

happy?

No. CNN is radical left and biased. The BBC fully admited months ago that it is anti-american and anti-war biased. There is a thread here about that in the media forum. That 100,000 number is bogus and was debunked here months ago.

Iraq body count Civilian body count through November 1st, 2006 is 15,191 dead Iraqi civilians, of which 130 were killed collaterally in incidents involving Americans. The rest killed by insurgents.

I can come up with numbers just like you can.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Iraq body count Civilian body count through November 1st, 2006 is 15,191 dead Iraqi civilians, of which 130 were killed collaterally in incidents involving Americans. The rest killed by insurgents.

atleast you could have done is post a source that isnt islomphobic
religonofpeace.com
what a joker

anyhow i havent got time to argue with you got work in 8 hours so i need my sleep lol

ps if you find CNN or BBc biased there are thousends more sources located on my source link unless they are all biased now

good night FlyersFan

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

happy?

No. CNN is radical left and biased. The BBC fully admited months ago that it is anti-american and anti-war biased.

CNN is RADICAL left??? HahAhA!!! You need a reality check, buddy. It's not because a news network shows things once in a while that do not serve as justifying the war that they are radically leftists. THe 100 000 plus civilian deaths are a demonstrated fact, the problem is that zealots like you will accuse any information source to provide this info as being communist tree-hugging hippie traitors, so that's the problem. No intelligent debate is possible with people like you.

And no, BBC never admitted being anything like anti-American or anti-War... this is, again, YOUR distorsion of what they have said.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's not going to be Saddam who gets executed, it's gonna be some poor sap lookalike. On top of that, whoever it is will have a bag on his head. As I said in another thread, he has too much intelligence value to execute.

I bet a lot of the Iraqis who were happy to see him go are probably now wishing he was back. The country was a hundred times more stable than it is now.

so true, both instances, very true but the situation now in Iraq is terribly sad/dire.
Everyone just falls for the media show...the guy isnt even him, even his wife is saying it isnt him..farout!!

But I guess in the public eye and for the war agenda, it makes for a pretty good brownie points... woo hoo oh sweet ole USA..saved the Iraqis' from a despot and the war was worth it.

Mrs Hussein had quite a bit to say about it, but there isnt much around from her...typical!
And while we watch a fake being executed we can all sleep better at night, eh?

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Everyone just falls for the media show...the guy isnt even him, even his wife is saying it isnt him..farout!!

i don't know, to say it's not him I think it's a little too much.
Sure looks like him.
Why would the US protect him any way, there is nothing to gain from this, he can't offer anything to bush, he has nothing to give.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Because I know that you wouldn't want to deceive anyone, just thought I should point out that number is for the 10 months from Jan 1, 2006 not from the start of the occupation. Given that this has been the worst year, that number would validate the earlier reports of 1000 per month in the Baghdad city morgues and Bush's own admission of 50,000 Iraqi deaths.

So, there must be some evidence that Saddam was killing more than 1500 Iraqi's a month right? When you find it, you'll have to let the State Dept. know because according to them, Iraq was the safest place to travel in the middle east prior to 2003. I believe it was you yourself that posted a link proving that in an earlier thread.

Saddam is going to hang for executing 148 political dissidents that attempted to overthrow his government in 1982. The judges and prosecution attorneys were hand picked and "trained" by the US at a cost of over 180 million dollars, the head judge was replaced half way through the trial because they suspected him of being sympathetic to Saddam, and two of his defense lawyers were killed. Why would any of this be necessary if the guy was killing people at the rate we're supposed to believe?

Really... can you answer that question?

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I dont know WHY this man being put to death in a public manner will result in further carnage, but i do believe it will.

Interesting theory that it wont be saddam being hung, and he IS A valuable intel asset, especially against Iran, and even some iraqi insurgents.

But I cant see him assisting the americans with 'reliable' intel.

Hopefully it is on Youtube, or atleast made public.

The more proof against this illegial regime the better...
and im refering to the US government there.
We have no right to be executing the leader of another country that we have just invaded.
This will be a public party setup by bush and co, that will... one day come back to bite them so hard on the butt, they too will want the death penalty.

the leader of a country should never be put to death for incidents he does to his own countrymen, especially by a government setup by a foreign power.

He was bad, he was ruthless, that sick mofo deservers to be buried alive with scorpians in his coffin...

but that doesnt change the fact that the US has no right to of invaded, captured, tried and execute this man.

I even bet some members of the repub party WISH he was still in power, and this mess was never created.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

atleast you could have done is post a source that isnt islomphobic
religonofpeace.com
what a joker

I did that on purpose. I did that to show you that I also can come up with biased numbers. DUH! I said so. Seriously - your 100,000 number was debunked LONG ago.

Iraqi Body Count errors

Originally posted by Echtelion
CNN is RADICAL left??? HahAhA!!!

Yes. It is. Hahahahahahah

You need a reality check, buddy.

Right back at you. Oh ... and I'm a budd-ette. A girl.

THe 100 000 plus civilian deaths are a demonstrated fact,

Nope. Absolutely not. It's been DEBUNKED here already. Get with it.l

the problem is that zealots like you ...

the problem is with people like YOU ... got your head in the sand and you'll buy into ANYTHING that even remotely rings anti-America. It's sad. Really sad.

[edit on 12/27/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
mythatsabigprobe -

Saddam killing info from all sorts of different news sources. There is no doubt. He is responsible for the early deaths of up to 2 million people. This is all old news. He is a mass murderer and deserves death. As I said, I'm usually against the death penalty, but with him it must be done for safety reasons.

- www.pbs.org...
- www.npr.org...
- www.moreorless.au.com...
- www.state.gov...
- iraqikurdistan.blogspot.com...
- www.usaid.gov...
- www.cnn.com...
- www.9neesan.com... (disturbing pictures)
- news.bbc.co.uk...
- www.blackfive.net...

MANY died while Saddam stole billions of their $$ in the Oil for Food scandal.
- www.foxnews.com...

Torture and/or murder of Olympians anyone?
- sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

etc etc etc - google is your friend.

[edit on 12/27/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Edit: not worth it

[edit on 27-12-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

mythatsabigprobe -

Saddam killing info from all sorts of different news sources. There is no doubt. He is responsible for the early deaths of up to 2 million people. This is all old news. He is a mass murderer and deserves death. As I said, I'm usually against the death penalty, but with him it must be done for safety reasons.

What are those safety reasons? why not transfer him to an international prison on some island and everything is solved.
What is your worry really? that you won't enjoy your popcorn ?
I say give him life, it's time for people to become more humain, the life sentence would be best fit, no more worrys, no more saddam, no one dies.

MANY died while Saddam stole billions of their $$ in the Oil for Food scandal.

Yes the famos oil for food program that is a rip off by design.
Something like we will help you because you have oil, here is some food, we are your friends, give us your oil, we want to make money we are already filthy ritch but we just can't help our self, and then they simply suve up their throat the oil for food program and they say, we will decide if you need the program or not, we decide, because we are the deciders

God I hope oil runs out soon, no more oil no more BS, no more wars, no more control,no more polution, everyone is happy.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You know, I have to agree with Flyersfan on this one, and we don't agree that often (How can I agree with someone who is a fan of the Flyers ;-)

But, in this case, I do believe he should be executed. I am against the death penalty in general, but every so often, someone comes along that does not have the right to live based on their actions. Saddam was a cruel, inhumane, pathetic man, and has no right to breathe the same air as I do. He's right up there with Hitler, Pol Pot, Pedophiles, etc.

OFf with is head I say.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This will do nothing but give excuse for more insurgent violence in Iraq. It has to be done for obvious reasons, but there is no middle ground for the aftermath that will follow. He kept that region on order through fear, and now it is being ripped apart. It is a civil war that cannot be won, and will not. Saudi, Iran and Syria should jsut split it up, or better yet, how about some of the Jewish settlers from the West Bank coming on over to make it a better place.

Folks, it is a crazy world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join