It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saddam husssein will be executed within 30 days

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Video of Saddam up to the point of execution

www.liveleak.com...

Video of the body after the hanging (neck looks broken)

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I have to echo the words of the British Government

In a statement on behalf of the UK government:

"I welcome the fact that Saddam Hussein has been tried by an Iraqi court for at least some of the appalling crimes he committed against the Iraqi people. He has now been held to account.

"The British government does not support the use of the death penalty, in Iraq or anywhere else. We advocate an end to the death penalty worldwide, regardless of the individual or the crime.

"We have made our position very clear to the Iraqi authorities, but we respect their decision as that of a sovereign nation."

Problem with the death penalty is that you don't solve a problem, you become a part of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Video of Saddam up to the point of execution

www.liveleak.com...

Video of the body after the hanging (neck looks broken)

www.liveleak.com...

Why is the quality so much worse than the one up till the noose being put on?

Strange.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Looks like the video showing his body was taken secretly....camera not framing the body correctly, indicating the filmer was not looking through a viewfinder, then as he walks away, a finger is in front of the lense.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I ve attempted to read all the post but am I'll aswell my eyes are not working properly.

In the post above it shows the video but that could have been anyone of saddams doubles that he had to throw people off etc. Has anyone ever thought that he's still alive and It's just been done to cause more upset around the world for such an action?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
Watched the report of his execution on BBC news which broadcast 'selective' parts of the hanging, we got to see the real Saddam having a noose put around his neck, this part of the video is professional quality production - the funny thing is that the broadcast then jumps to after the execution and the video is grainy and jumpy, a bit like the majority of UFO videos we watch with hopeful eyes. Because of the poor quality I could not quite believe it really was Saddam.

there are two types of filming technique.

1) involves a single camera shot that tracks everything that goes on because it follows it in on continuous shot - often seen in nature documentaries

2) involves editing, jumping from one shot to the other - seen almost everywhere you see film or tv nowadays.

it is for the above reasons that i have always believed the lotteries of most countries i have seen to be 'fixed' because you never see the entire process from start to finish in a single shot (and for those who would argue "but it was done in front of a live audience"... how far away does an audience have to be before they can no longer read small numbers on a ping pong ball?)

i don't know whether or not he was executed for real or not and i really don't care. what i do care about is that so many still see murder (of ANY type) as a good thing.

there were many appalling crimes committed in south africa but they decided not to seek pointless revenge because they had seen enough of that already. they chose 'truth and reconciliation' which got those to admit to the crimes they had committed and kept a record of the for future generations to LEARN from.

so much hate in the world. what goes around comes around. if only we would learn this and take it to heart

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
Why are we hailing the death of a human being?

I'm not 'hailing' his death. I am against the death penalty except in certain cases when it is absolutely necessary. This is one of them.

From 9:30-10:00 last night I was praying my rosary for his soul. I wasn't 'hailing' or 'partying' or 'making popcorn' ... I was PRAYING for his soul. Not for mercy from God or that the execution didn't take place; but praying that God would send something, some grace, to Saddam, to help Saddam in his final moments that he might repent of all the evil he has done.

In other words .. to save his miserable soul.

I also asked the intercession of St. Dismas and St. Terese. Traditionally, the 'good thief', St. Dismas, was the man who was put to death at the same time as Christ. He is the one that repented at the last minute and whom Christ said 'today you will be with me in paradise'. Traditional calls him St. Dismas. I also asked the interecession of St. Terese (nicknamed 'the little flower'). When she was a nun she prayed for a man who was condemned to death. She didn't pray for his life to be spared, but she prayed that he repent before he died. Everyone said that it was foolish of her to do so because he was so evil and such a hardened man. However, she prayed for him and he did indeed repent of the evil he had done.

You all may not believe in praying the rosary, or in asking the saints to pray for people, but I do. I didn't pray for him not to be executed, because i do believe that in this case it was necessary. I prayed for him to repent in his final moments. I hope he did.

I was not partying or hailing or making popcorn to watch. I was praying.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kix
What would happen if there are attacks in Iraq or anywhere else in response to Saddam death?

At this point, with the exception of Tikrit where all his tribal members are, everyone is having a party. The TV news reports that those who put him to death were dancing around his corpse. Spontaneous dancing and celebratory gunfire has erupted across Iraq - so says CNN, MSNBC, and FOX.

Tikrit is calling him a martyr. The reason they say that is because they benefited most from Saddams corruption. The rest of Iraq, and the 500,000 Iraqis living in Dearborn Michigan USA, are having a party.

(it's not my style to party down at the death of someone, but it is theirs)

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Technically, Sadam was a prisoner of war, therefore should have been tried after this Iraqi War was over.

Technically the US declared an end to 'major military operations' almost 4 years ago. (although we all know that the war continues - a proxy war with Iran) The TV news states that he was NOT a prisoner of war and that he was a prisoner of the Iraqi government who had placed his safekeeping (security) into US government hands.

[edit on 12/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by finallianstallion
and now some stupid ( not all ) but some yanks think that all the terrorism has ended and the 9-11 has bee retaliated....

That is absurd. "all terrorism" ... "9/11 has been retaliated"
Prove that wild statement.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I don't mean like he is not dead or something like that, but is there anyway he killed himself? Then the US had to do the quikie 24/7 News blitz and what seemed like a really sudden execution?

I was just sitting here and that thought accured to me. (I have absoultly nothing to base it on, but that would be funny.)

That would explain the media blitz all of a sudden. It just seemed so out of place. I mean it just didn't make sense. It just felt like it was all a done deal, by the time we were seeing the news flashes. I am wondering if he killed himself or something like that?

I haven't seen the video yet, but then how would anyone know if that was the case?

I mean everyone keeps saying it will be a stunt double that get's hanged, but if he killed himself, you could have a stunt double walk up to the hanging noose, and then just show the body later, with appropriate hang noose marks.

I don't know, it's weird, it's just a thought. Ok that live link thing is not working. I wonder if youtube.com has the video yet?

They would never tell you if he was found hanging in his cell right?

Is suicide illegal in Islam like it is in Christianity? (or at least frowned upon?)

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
justyc

I completely agree with your comments, i have found the whole Iraq war from beginning to the now a step backward in the development of international respect and has shown countless times the evil that mankind is capable of.

Its my personal belief that a government should never have the right to carry out a killing of one of its own citizens.

The fact they choose to hang Saddam instead of using lethal injection makes the whole thing even more sickening. Don't get me wrong Saddam has been an instigator of suffering for many and he deserved to be punished its just that i wished the Iraq government could have given out a different message to the world, provided a bit of hope for humanity - as a previous poster mentioned, the hanging video can be compared to the terrorist execution videos.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Saddam's exection would be justice to some if not many, but it won't solve anything in Iraq, I doubt it will play a significant role in ending the violence there....if it does I'll be surprised. Nonetheless it was a mistake to allow him into such a position in the first place....

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The previous link to the video of his body after the hanging has been removed but its been reposted Here

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Anyone besides me find it strange that the quality of the vidio was so funky. I have seen other feeds of Iraqi TV and the picture was comparable to US video. Wouldn't you think with something so huge as the hanging of a dictator the film/video would be of greater quality; if for nothing else, documentation and archives. Strange.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
do the us media outlets want the "terror alert" or the "aviation alert" to go up or what....

it seems to me all they're doing is making the situation worse, yes he is dead but why carry on with it, I mean since he was killed man my life has been completely different (not)....

arent there any bigger news stories like where's osama?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
The fact they choose to hang Saddam instead of using lethal injection makes the whole thing even more sickening.

They don't use lethal injection in the middle east. Actually, considering that they like to gas people and chop off heads, having him hung to die instantly from a broken neck is rather 'nice' of them to do.

Don't forget, it was up to the Iraqis what to do with him. They wanted him dead. They chose hanging. It is their country and their choice.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This whole ordeal seems fishy to me. The media all of a sudden releases that Saddam is to be hung in a matter of hours yesterday afternoon. His body isn't going to be released to his daughter for a burial in Yemen like she wanted and officials decided to bury his body in a "secret location". I truly doubt if it was in fact Saddam Hussein we saw being hanged. The man was notorious for having body doubles and as someone posted earlier, maybe he was already dead before the decision came down to rush his execution?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That video looks like when they are fiting someone for the execution. I mean his face looked younger than the most recent pictures. Maybe they just cleaned him up for the execution, but I am wondering if that video was not

a) done at a previous time. Like maybe they were fooling around and going this is what we are going to do with you. Cause what kind of hanging room was that?

I mean what was that the one guy was wearing around his neck? What kind of necklace was that, the big guy in the background?

Also there was no close up that I could see on Saddams face.

Then you have a dead body with blood, for a hanging? I know someone in the thread explained all this, but it still seems weird. I mean they put this huge cloth around his neck to prevent the rope burns right?

I still think maybe he killed himself, or something unexpected happened and then they had to act fast, to show the world "justice has been done."

By the time I saw the third news flash yesterday, I knew it was a done deal, but I just had the weirdest feeling like it had been done already and they were trying to prime people up for it.

I think he took his life, or something unexpected happened, and then they had to get the news briefs out to make sure they were covered, and to make it look like they did it themselves.

I mean I know we are hearing from his lawyers etc, that he was composed to the end, but the world is full of propoganda, and this whole things was just too rushed last minute. I know they had said they were going to kill him, but the way the announcement came, is just too sudden and I am sure there is more to the story.

Will we ever hear it, probably not.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, we've always had him!

www.bushflash.com...

This flash about sums up my country's hypocrisy!

[edit on 30-12-2006 by QuasiShaman]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman
Ladies and Gentlemen, we've always had him!

www.bushflash.com...

This flash about sums up my country's hypocrisy!

[edit on 30-12-2006 by QuasiShaman]

That just about sums it up, great link.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join