It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saddam husssein will be executed within 30 days

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm watching it on TV man, BBC News 24. bbc.co.uk hasn't got a link yet. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
According to fox and CNN by the time this post makes it to the board he will have been hung. Now reported on one Iraq TV station is claiming he died 10 mins ago or roughly at 657 AM Baghdad time

[edit on 12/29/2006 by shots]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well there ya' go. FoxNews reported Saddam is dead. Waiting for confirmation

[edit on 29-12-2006 by soul_failure]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Being reported on Fox as well...Link

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Done,

Next!

Figures the UN finally followed through with a headliner.

My $0.02,
Cuhail

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
surpised nothing went down at his hanging, glad he was hung outside of usa or he would of been on death row for 20yrs

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
surpised nothing went down at his hanging, glad he was hung outside of usa or he would of been on death row for 20yrs

you're right
depriving him of an appeals process was such a nice idea

damn, what happened to the america that was criticized for being too idealistic?

and why wasn't this guy tried under international humanitarian law?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
More, :

His half brother has now also just been hanged, Also an Ex judge

[edit on 29-12-2006 by asala]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
and now some stupid ( not all ) but some yanks think that all the terrorism has ended and the 9-11 has bee retaliated....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Now that Saddam is dead,I just have to wonder who is the next 'Bad Guy' we set our sights on?

Kim Jong-Il seems to be the no brainer here,but who else can we all of a sudden turn our focus on?

It seems like for the last 70 years or so,the USA has allways had to have someone that we could say 'watch out for the boogeyman'.(Hitler,Stalin,Khrushchev,Castro,Ho Chi Minh,Idi Amin ect ect ect)

Interesting that CNN is saying that the some witnesses were 'dancing' around his corpse.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What if 9/11 was really closer to home than anyone thinks?

I mean the US government knew about Pearl Harbour and did nothing.

The had a plan called opperation North Woods, which could be the sister of the 9/11 thing and the only thing that stopped North Woods was Kennedy saying no.

If all this was closer to home than you all think, then all these doings are more wrong then you know and you can't take it back.

I think there might actually be some calm in Iraq with there holy days coming up that I am hearing about, but then after that who knows. If this sends them into civil war, that whole region could be affected, and then so would other areas, just something to think about.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
CNN is reporting it was filmed and photographed and all will be released to the general media to show as they please.

I have issues with that personally. I did not like us showing his dead sons either, it just inflames people.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
CNN pretty much said they will show the vanilia version when its shown.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke

Sadamm was tried, convicted, had an appeal, and put to death within 30 days of the failed appeal.

This makes alot more sense than having someone spend 25 years on death row, then still having people complain that a lethal injection took "too long" to kill that person.

This is a great day for Iraq!

kix

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Rest in peace Saddam... he who lives by the sword..dies by the sword...

On that venue.....

his epitaph shoud read:

Sadam Hussein
a simple guy who aided by the US government became a ruthless dictator
He died in by hands of another government aided by the US.
So its a "family affair"

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Three hanged?

THE NUMBER THREE... Why Three?

Was this really a symbol type execution?

1.Saddam Hussein
2.Barzan Ibrahim
3.Awad Hamed al-Bandar

kix

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sine the USA does the MAC trios and combos...why not 3?

Heck justice for an animal done by other animals.....where is the high ground?

In my view they dis Saddam a Favor because in vew of some he will be a scapegoat or martir (depending who you support) now the big question is....

Was he really worth 8 trillion dollars? more than 2200 Us soldiers dead? more than 15 000 wounded and so and so.....

I dont think so but HEY they are NOT MY TAXES.... LOL cheer on its your money and fellow country men....Do you think parents of dead soldiers WILL Dance and enjoy happiness today?

MMm think about it....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Tomorrow President Bush will swagger up to the mic at the white house in crawford texas and try to convince the American people that now that Saddam [that wasn't saddam] is dead we are safer and on the road to finishing the mission in Iraq. Theatre of the Absurd.

It would almost be humorus if It weren't for American young people fighting and dieing for neocon Ideology based on lies and visions of grandeur.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow, I come here to look for intelligent conversations and the last 2 posters are cancer to this network. I rarely post but I had to after reading that crap.

Their is intellectual debate and their is hate. Dont even try to argue the two can work together.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by madmangunradio]

kix

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Wow, I come here to look for intelligent conversations and the last 2 posters are cancer to this network. I rarely post but I had to after reading that crap.

Thanks..remember those soldiers are dead and cant defend themselves now and Those WERE your TAX dollars....

enjoy...the cancer

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join