It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saddam husssein will be executed within 30 days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wev'e had our differences in the past esdad, but not on this one.
Your solution seems the most equitable and reasonable Ive heard so far.

Peace
whaaa

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
What are those safety reasons?

You didn't read my posts, did you?

I ALREADY posted those safety reasons. With Saddam alive there is every real possibility that his followers would take hostages and/or threaten to blow up cities if he isn't released. There is every possibility that whereever he is held would become a terrorist target as well. But the big one is that as long as he's alive, his radical followers have an opportunity to take hostages and threaten to blow up places. With him dead, there is one less incentive for them to do so... one less thing they can use as a terrorist weapon.

What is your worry really? that you won't enjoy your popcorn ?

Now I know for sure that you didn't read what I posted. Otherwise you would see that, in almost all cases, I am against the death penatly. I have said this repeatedly on ATS and IRL (In real life).

Your statement is uncalled for.

God I hope oil runs out soon,

Actually ... so do I.

BTW (sort of on topic) ... one of the things I do is that I put anti-death penalty information pamphlets in with the bills when I pay them. It isn't much .. but you never know who is on the other end and will open them up and read the information. Just FYI for anyone out there who has a 'cause' that they champion ...

quote]Originally posted by sensfan
How can I agree with someone who is a fan of the Flyers ;-)

At this point you should pity us. Flyers are ranked 30th out of 30 NHL teams this year. Just 3 years ago we had a shot at Stanley. And now we are down to this ..... UGH!!

[edit on 12/27/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is so much surrounding this controversy, that it is hard to see the clear picture.

I believe the USA is quite well studied in the work of Aaron Donahue and others like end-time.com. They will try all ways to remain in power.

The fact that The Euro Dollar is the preferred investment made by the oil rich middle east countries instead of The USD will be what deals a fatal blow to the US supremacy. It won't be by fighting that the US, with its 300 Billion Dollar + debit, will crumble as the world power.(The lack of Foreign investment.)

China, with the information gleaned from the Dropa Stones......It has never been proven that it was a hoax.......will think they have the power to take over the World. China has recognised that the Dropa exist. Do you actually believe that if the code was cracked, the Chinese would share the contents with the world (Much like the things that the US have found)? The EU, The Pope and NATO will try to stop North Korea from their cruell treatment of women and children (I saw a story on how they treat the people there, told by a guard who defected because of what he was told to do and what he saw there and by other witnesses). That will make the Chinese nervous and will get the ball rolling for a big fight between China and The United States of Europe (With The Pope in tow).

Aaron Donahue warns us about killing Saddam.......do you want to start the destruction? I don't believe all that he says, but it is worth trying to understand the truth mixed in with the deception.

It is not till you understand what the end-time.com books say about this, that you begin to see some light. I have been having dreams about what these books are saying and only after reading this work was I able to understand what the dreams were warning me about.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Saddam Hussein's Baath party threatens to retaliate if their leader is executed

...Aziz will testify in court for the benefit of Saddam in his ongoing trial. Saddam is currently on trial for the military campaign, codenamed Operation Anfal, that took place during the 1980-88 Iraq-Iran war. An estimated 180,000 Kurds died during the campaign.

"He has very important issues to reveal during the trial," Aref said. "He will uncover the involvement of many important foreign and local personalities."

"The Iraqi government wants to accelerate the execution process to avoid the testimony of Tariq Aziz," Aref said.

I wonder what "information" he has and if he will even be allowed to present it.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I wonder if the news of the execution will be something like this:

"Saddam Hussein was executed by hanging this morning at 0600 Baghdad time. His body is being held at an undisclosed location".

Which will, of course, lead to another round of speculation and CT's.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Looks like "hang Saddam within a month" news meant the April Fool's jokes are starting early this year.

Saddam may not hang within month -Iraqi officials Reuters AlertNet

CBS News reported a U.S. military officer said Saddam would be turned over to the Iraqis within the next 36 hours.

But Deputy Justice Minister Bosho Ibrahim told Reuters on Thursday the execution would happen within 30 days only if Iraq's president issued a decree ordering an immediate execution. If he does not do so in that time the Justice Ministry can carry out the sentence when it chooses.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
NBC news is saying that the Iraqi government has requested that Saddam be turned over to them, the last step before execution and that it could happen as soon as the next 48 hours, if not tomorrow.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by grover]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have a bad feeling about all of this. An impending doom-type feeling about the hanging of Saddam. Now I know he's a bad dude, of course he is. That's what I always heard on the news anyway. I don't know what will happen once he is hanged but I think it will be bad there - probably riots and further unrest, who knows what else.

May God have mercy on us all.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me how executing a tinpot dictator will honestly help Iraq. I know Saddams death will help many small minded and self-absorbed people feel better but is the real problem solved? This is a war on terror right? Why hasn't the the US invaded Saudi Arabia, after all most of the 9/11 terrorists were of Saudi origin. 3000 troops have given their lives for nothing, absolutely nothing. Iraq is a disaster politically, economically & socially with no hope in sight, but its all ok now because a non-threat will be eliminated while legitimate threats get no mention whatsoever.

brill

[edit on 28-12-2006 by brill]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
NBC news is saying that the Iraqi government has requested that Saddam be turned over to them, the last step before execution and that it could happen as soon as the next 48 hours, if not tomorrow.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by grover]

the bbc is reporting that he already has been handed over. so they will end one year with the death of saddam and next year how high will that iraqi death toll skyrocket?

and when it does, it kind of makes some nice new scapegoats for new terror attacks outside of iraq though so everyone can forget about bin laden.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Uplander, Brill and Just all three of you have expressed my feelings as well. I mean where does it end? I am not defending Saddam, he is guilty of that there is no doubt but this whole process stinks to holy hell. He should have been turned over to the International Tribunial at the Hague.... but no Bush wants him dead and I cannot help but wonder what secrets he has that will go to the grave with him. Bush the so-called born again Christian will have a lot to answer for himself at some point.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I never thought we could learn anything from the Iraq government. Their death penalty scenario is awesome! Conviction, Appeal, then execution within 30 days. That is so much better than 27 years after a conviction, then crying that it took someone "too long" to die by lethal injection.

Can't wait for the South Park episode reuniting Satan and Sadamm!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
the following was posted on the anonymous forum....

================================================

Posted by anon_87472 on 29-12-06 @ 07:35 AM

### FOR BROAD DISTRIBUTION ###

Deep cover agents have revealed concerns about
the impending execution of Saddam.

Intelligence reports that mention their concerns
have been killed by senior white house sources.

Censured Intelligence reports indicate that as
he passes from U.S. custody to that of Mouffak
al Rubaie Saddam will be swapped with a drugged
look alike.

Watch for signs of Saddam being placid and "out
of it" during video of the execution. This will
confirm the swap has taken place.

Saddam will be taken into hiding by secret Sunni
elite forces to re-emerge in a few years.

FACTION THEORY BASED ON THIS INFORMATION:

This has been organized by ultra-covert factions
of the Bush administration to maneuver the
reemergence, or more specifically, the coming
back from assumed death a key Arab leader in an
effort to force Biblical prophecy to come true.

This theory is based on the FACT that analysis
and intelligence briefs stressing extreme caution
during the handoff to Iragi security forces have
been systematically killed or censured.

### FOR BROAD DISTRIBUTION ###

================================================

most probably bs but worth keeping an eye on. i very much doubt that any footage would be shown to the public anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

... there there goes the credibility of the anonoymous forum.

Seriously. That was so loaded I was barely able to read it without laughing myself silly.

(that's not a slam on you justyc, that's a laugh at that anon post)

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

... there there goes the credibility of the anonoymous forum.

Seriously. That was so loaded I was barely able to read it without laughing myself silly.

(that's not a slam on you justyc, that's a laugh at that anon post)

yeah i know but i thought it worth posting anyway 'cos you never know

that anon forum seemed pretty full of spam and worthless one-liners when i last checked it. i guess that was to be expected though

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

that anon forum seemed pretty full of spam and worthless one-liners when i last checked it.

I just went looking for that post on anon and couldn't find it. But honestly .. I can't figure out how that is working. Is it one long string of random posts? It looks a mess. either that or I am not computer smart enough to figure it out. OR BOTH?

I predict anon forum will disappear at the start of the New Year.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
MSNBC are reporting he will be executed tomorrow (which is my today) right now.

The headlines read "Saddam handed over to Iraqi's, hanged tomorrow."

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Uplander, Brill and Just all three of you have expressed my feelings as well. I mean where does it end? I am not defending Saddam, he is guilty of that there is no doubt but this whole process stinks to holy hell. He should have been turned over to the International Tribunial at the Hague.... but no Bush wants him dead and I cannot help but wonder what secrets he has that will go to the grave with him. Bush the so-called born again Christian will have a lot to answer for himself at some point.

emphasis added by me:

i disagree about all of the bush comments grover, but i completely agree that as a head of state, he should have been tried at the hague. no former leader is going to get a fair trial in his own country. just isnt going to happen. this execution is going to cause more murder and strife IMHO.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Censured Intelligence reports indicate that as
he passes from U.S. custody to that of Mouffak
al Rubaie Saddam will be swapped with a drugged
look alike.

Watch for signs of Saddam being placid and "out
of it" during video of the execution. This will
confirm the swap has taken place.

Saddam will be taken into hiding by secret Sunni
elite forces to re-emerge in a few years.

But But dat don't make no cents at all, many claim a double is already on trial in place of the real SAddman.

Now on a serious note Reuters is alleging hislawyers have been ordered to pick up his personal effects and just coming over the wires now from BBC is a claim Saddam in Iraqi custody .

If true my guess is they have strted the count down and he will be dead before the year ends.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yep ... lawyers ordered to pick up his things. Newsmax has 'breaking news' that he will be executed tomorrow. Some Iraqi cabinet members are supposedly quoted as saying they want to wait at least a month. Don't know if they really said that or if it's disinfo put out to confuse the situation and gain time for Saddam.

News Max Breaking News

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join