It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
BaastetNoir, is the news the internet? Don't you think the news channels/papers would be liable if they printed these "lies"?
Set, game and match
Sort of like Dan Rather's retirement and not much news over what he did that was so wrong in the first place? All swept under the carpet my dears. Journalists are only takken to court by the aggrieved parties, when they bother to sue the news. Truth is apparantly as hard to define as the definition of "is".

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
The phenomenon of Americans believing that only their own government could be trying to kill them is really a form of collective self-loathing co-mingled with subtle racism: Americans can't really accept that some group of "third worlders" could care enough to die blowing stuff up, or smart enough to try.
Our superiority has always been our downfall. The Manifest Destiny was more bullsh** than I care to follow.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Under this scenario, the alleged spying operation was not aimed against the United States, but at penetrating or monitoring radical fund-raising and support networks in Muslim communities like Paterson, N.J., which was one of the places where several of the hijackers lived in the months prior to Sept. 11.

For the FBI, deciphering the truth from the five Israelis proved to be difficult. One of them, Paul Kurzberg, refused to take a lie-detector test for 10 weeks — then failed it, according to his lawyer. Another of his lawyers told us Kurzberg had been reluctant to take the test because he had once worked for Israeli intelligence in another country.

Sources say the Israelis were targeting these fund-raising networks because they were thought to be channeling money to Hamas and Islamic Jihad, groups that are responsible for most of the suicide bombings in Israel. "[The] Israeli government has been very concerned about the activity of radical Islamic groups in the United States that could be a support apparatus to Hamas and Islamic Jihad," Cannistraro said.

The men denied that they had been working for Israeli intelligence out of the New Jersey moving company, and Ram Horvitz, their Israeli attorney, dismissed the allegations as "stupid and ridiculous."

How does this prove they werent israeli intel? Because they and their lawyers deny it?

They failed lie detector tests. Of course they will deny working for israeli intelligence, seeing how spying is quite illegal in the first place.

And do you really think they are going to say: we were here to help carry out the attacks?

so they failed the lie detector tests that makes them instantly mossad?

don't you think that if you can do a course in america that helps you pass lie detector tests israeli intelligence wouldnt train their spies to be capable of passing them too?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi All,

I have been MIA for a while, and have spent the last few months silently lurking when the time permitted. This recent turn of events has given me insight, cause for concern, as well as a mental battle to stave off an ensuing jaded mentality. More importantly, it has given me cause to find a reason to participate in the forums once again.

I have always enjoyed being a member here on ATS because of the wide range of personalities who choose to make their voices heard. Indeed, this is not the place to play in if you wish to hear voices and info solely reflective of your own personal world view.

The recent events and the implications it has on our ever changing world are such that one should take notice, listen, and watch to the best of their ability, so as not to be caught waking up to a world that you no longer recognize. (Although I am sure that this will happen to some regardless.)

Having read this post from page one, I have gone through the entire array of emotions from the extremes of anger to the joys of laughter. This has been quite a ride. So my contribution will not be one of opinion, or speculation, because I realize that it has already been well reflected here. More importantly, I do not believe that anyone who has posted here is right or wrong in what they say, because it is only a reflection of their reality based on their own personal life experiences. (Facts not withstanding.)

I instead wish to contribute an article that have just finished reading, that gives me the impression that no matter what precautions are taken, it will never be enough to ensure ones complete safety when flying. (or traviling by some other means) It can be found here: Jets may be vulnerable...

If a person, or several people wish to cause harm to others, they will invariably find a way despite all precautions.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Does anyone get the feeling that this could of been a decoy of sometime...you know distract us over in the UK and act somewhere else??

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163

BaastetNoir, is the news the internet? Don't you think the news channels/papers would be liable if they printed these "lies"?
Set, game and match
Sort of like Dan Rather's retirement and not much news over what he did that was so wrong in the first place? All swept under the carpet my dears. Journalists are only takken to court by the aggrieved parties, when they bother to sue the news. Truth is apparantly as hard to define as the definition of "is".

And for that I thank Bill Clinotn ...LOL

oh .. and for the fact that 9/11 was planned to the leats detail under his nose, and for the fact that he could have caught OBL but din't because Minca smelled alot better

Set, game and match

NEVER did any news channel showed Jews dancing and celebrating of ppl on 9/11 NEVER... and if you saw that on the news than i suggest you seek a doctor becuase noone else seems to have seen it.

As to newspapers ?? hmm... what New York Times... ?? a newspaper known fro beeing very very "straight" with their "facts".
seriosuly ... have peety on me .. I'm an old fart, don't make my ulcera scream!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So we still have big bad terrorists at large that are coming to get us. Stay frightened folks! Big Brother still needs to protect you!

Now that is a sad state of denial you live in... Now I really REALLY peety you !

not only anti-semetic, but also in denial of reality. If there were pills for that, I would buy you some.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I totally agree with this statement! If only we had spent the past 5 years and billions of dollars preparing our defenses instead of going after Iraq, of all places! ...

How exactly would that have protected the USA from 9/11, have you forgotten that's how the all mess started ? So I guess the protection should have started under Bill Clinto... but oh well.. thasta n old story.

Bottom line is Islamic terrorism Exists, has existed for thousands of years, and it won't go away just because some refuse to admit it's exitance. Today's news is just ON EMORE piece of evidence...now let's all burry our heads in the Sand and blame the USA and the Jews... and the wicthes .. yeah .. those too !

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Now that is a sad state of denial you live in... Now I really REALLY peety you !

not only anti-semetic, but also in denial of reality. If there were pills for that, I would buy you some.

Although I disagree with Skadi alot, he/she is most definitely NOT anti-semetic. are you even paying attention to the posts, Baastet? Because honestly, some people are sick and tired of hearing people cry wolf about racism. Just let it go.

So please, stay on topic, and stop this petty name calling, since no one REALLY cares about what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Nice post, sylvrshadow.

Originally posted by sylvrshadow
If a person, or several people wish to cause harm to others, they will invariably find a way despite all precautions.

Can't argue with that.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Pakistani intelligence helped British security agencies crack a terrorist plot to blow up U.S.-bound aircraft, and has arrested two or three suspects in recent days, officials said Thursday.

"Pakistan played a very important role in uncovering and breaking this international terrorist network," said Foreign Ministry spokesman Tasnim Aslam.

"Cooperation in this particular case was spread over a period of time. There were some arrests in Pakistan which were coordinated with arrests in the U.K.," she said.

She declined to give details about the arrests, including the number of suspects, their identities or when they were arrested.

Well it seems to me that the Brits couldn't cover all the British Muslims and hit these cells by chance, now it seems that Pakistan provided the intel to which ones that needed to be surveiled and arrested.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Why would you want to cure awareness? Oh, thats right. Awareness, questioning the authorities, and believing Israel might not be such a good friend of the US after all are unpatriotic and un- American.

I do not pity you. The views you hold are the stuff dictatorships are made of.

It is your reality that is created by the never-ending mind numbing propoganda that is spewed by the media. If you lifted your head up long enough from the feeding tray, you would see that your illustrious governmental herders are taking us all to the slaughterhouse.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Well it seems to me that the Brits couldn't cover all the British Muslims and hit these cells by chance, now it seems that Pakistan provided the intel to which ones that needed to be surveiled and arrested.
Not suprising. Not all Musslims have the tenacity or the inclination to be evil. Just like not all kids who wear black trenchcoats are going to kill their schoolmates. (Tell that to the Uniformists.:lol

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
just a thought, but does anyone else, other than me think this whole thing might just be yet another activity, that makes us believe that arabic/asian people are threats, and therefore makes us believe were doing the right thing by fighting in iraq?

i believe 9/11 was an inside job, set up by the american government, and used as a reason to go to war with iraq and take control of the oil fields. i believe 7/7 was also an inside job, made to re-enforce our minds that its asian people that are attacking this country. and i believe this is a similar threat. that will have the same effects on peoples heads.

any response would be appreciated, thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Welcome, mckenny2k4.

Read the thread and your questions will be answered.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Don't recall this being mentioned already:

Fox News is reporting that US and UK intelligence officials are searching for as many as ten London plane terror plot suspects still at large.

ABC News earlier reported the number to be five.

Developing...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckenny2k4
just a thought, but does anyone else, other than me think this whole thing might just be yet another activity, that makes us believe that arabic/asian people are threats, and therefore makes us believe were doing the right thing by fighting in iraq?

i believe 9/11 was an inside job, set up by the american government, and used as a reason to go to war with iraq and take control of the oil fields. i believe 7/7 was also an inside job, made to re-enforce our minds that its asian people that are attacking this country. and i believe this is a similar threat. that will have the same effects on peoples heads.

any response would be appreciated, thanks.

you are my new hero!
why?
because you are a 1 day old member and posted in the forums BEFORE starting a new thread!!!

honestly you are one of the first i have seen in a while.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

With the defeat of Leiberman and the new Israeli assault on Lebanon, Iraq dissolving into complete carnage, the BP mess in Alaska, Bush's approval ratings swirling around the toilet bowl, the Republican stranglehold on our government following it down, etc., etc.

And they have known about this plot for months. Perfect timing to make a move now, for them.

Timing, in terms of this.

The public's perception of the current administration, with the exception of the bungled occupation of Iraq, and the politically and racially motivated WOT, is very similar to what it was in the days leading up to 9/11. Bush was perceived as an ineffective joke, and the Republican 'mandate' to rule was in jeopardy.

The real difference now vs. then is Bush has gone from being perceived as a joke making America look bad to the rest of the world to being perceived as a threat to Americans, as well as the rest of the world.

I suppose you think Daschle and Brokaw were targeted by the Anthrax Letters as part of OBL's plot to bring down America.

Now, who has their head in the sand?

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So we still have big bad terrorists at large that are coming to get us. Stay frightened folks! Big Brother still needs to protect you!

how is this anti-semetic at all?
what exactly are you pittying?
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf is obviously being sarcastic so i have to assume you don't understand sarcasim
or perhaps you do understand it, and really believe we NEED big brother watching over us all the time

as for denial, living in fear denies living free and big brother is always telling scarry stories about evil terrorists who want to harm you.
ergo, big brother is the source of your fear and is preventing you form being free

live your life enslaved, but i will die free!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Arabs, Government agents, Israeli plot. Discussion and ideas are what we are here for. They help us understand each other, but without some real details, how are ya gonna know which end is up?

Ya'll done fussin with each other over your particular flavor of conspiracy now?

Tired of callin each other names yet?

Are you able to see past your brand of politics long enough to look at some information about this thang and see what we can make of it together?

Good.

How bout we get back to do some more reporting and investigating now? Shall we?

Here, I'll start it off.

We know most of the basics from the MSM and the handful of members that did some reporting on this thread. With actual links and everything.

So lets start just beyond the given knowledge.

Brendan Loy says that the authorities knew the specific flights that the terrorists were booked on. Team A, would you care to dig into that please?

ABC News says that they know the three ringleaders, and have their names listed. Team B if you please?

Fox News reports that there are 10 more suspects being hunted. Team C would you mind checking that? (oops, Loam got that one)

NBC News' Lisa Myers states that 2 persons were arrested in Pakistan in connection with this. Team D?

Another ABC story says that they were going to smuggle the liquid explosive onto the plain using a sports drink and trigger the device with a disposable camera. Team E will you get the scoop on that please?

Anybody else, feel to jump in anywhere and feed us more scoops!

GO!

This post is couched in humor, so dont get too mad at me. Of course I understand the discussions that took place in this thread, but perhaps we could also help keep each other abreast of the details and facts a little more? Excellent!

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join