Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Just seeing on CNN: : report that major terror plot to blow up commercial airlines in mid flight has been thwarted. Apparently the plot involved explosives on board planes. Very few details. More to come.

CNN THREAD

[edit on 10-8-2006 by TruthWithin]

[edit on 10-8-2006 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Good catch. I see it posted on several sites now. Same wording with very little detail.

The only thing is, if they thwarted the plot, why did MI5 just change the threat level to critical?

The current threat level is assessed as CRITICAL (as of 10th August 2006). This means that an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK.

Hat-tip to Hot Air

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think this could be propaganda to push their ``terrorist`` agenda.... Look what appeared in the news yesterday...

news.bbc.co.uk...

The UK might have to modify its freedoms in the short term in order to prevent their "misuse and abuse" by terrorists, John Reid has said.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Propaganda or not, they have drastically changed the security procedures for passenger carry-on.

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 8/10/06 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Passengers boarding planes in the UK are now temporarily banned from taking almost any carry-on luggage with them, just wallets, necessary medicines, baby food etc.

It looks like this is being taken very seriously....

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Another cut in our liberties, to protect our liberties. Fark them! Give me liberty or give me death. I'm sure they won't give back this liberty, I hope time prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It's SOP to change the security level during an event like this. Around the time Operation Bojinko was supposed to be carried out, even though Ramsi Yousef had been arrested, security was tightened considerably around the world. After a week or so it went back to the normal level. Even if you stop the operation there's always the possibility of having missed a team, or missed something, so you ALWAYS take it seriously and increase your security level just in case.

link   
Sky News says the plot was to hit around a dozen planes over UK and US cities.

Those arrested were mostly British born young Asian men.

link   
Is liberty now defined as bringing your discman on the plane? The world is crazy right now. I think this is serious....I am not saying we have to give up our liberties, but come on.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Is liberty now defined as bringing your discman on the plane? The world is crazy right now. I think this is serious....

Sure is, and has nothing to do with the 'terror plot' they say was 'supposed to' happen

I can also see the airlines losing much business if they expect people to fly with a piece of paper as their entertainment. wth ?

I'll wait for someone other than Sky and Faux to report so I don't feel like I am watching a movie.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Here ya go IJ.

166 news reports about it listed .here.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
With most long distance flights carrying 12 movie channels, showing each one three times there's plenty of entertainment on the plane. And electronics carry three of the four components used in an explosive device. It would be very easy to slip the fourth in there, and the screener wouldn't notice it on the x-ray. I used to help test screeners, and I know just how easy it is to slip things through with electronics.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well if it was propgangda why would they ban carry-on luggaes. Come on even we didnt ban carry-on luggage after 9/11.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
They sure seem pretty serious about it.

All passengers must be hand searched and their footwear and all the items they are carrying must be x-ray screened.

In addition to the above, all passengers boarding flights to the USA and all the items they are carrying, including those acquired after the central screening point, must be subjected to secondary search at the boarding gate. Any liquids discovered must be removed from the passenger.

Reference

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoSteve85 cameras and laws.
Well if it was propgangda why would they ban carry-on luggaes. Come on even we didnt ban carry-on luggage after 9/11.

Because they go step by step and Great Britain is the most far in police state things. Less and less liberties, more cameras, more laws. I hope they stop doing this and it will only be for a couple of days.

Wait till the next 9/11 in USA and you'll see laws against liberties you wouldn't even thinking about.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Is liberty now defined as bringing your discman on the plane? The world is crazy right now. I think this is serious....

Sure is, and has nothing to do with the 'terror plot' they say was 'supposed to' happen

I can also see the airlines losing much business if they expect people to fly with a piece of paper as their entertainment. wth ?

I'll wait for someone other than Sky and Faux to report so I don't feel like I am watching a movie.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by ImJaded]

Do you suppose the DAYS of delays to follow this critical threat level will harm the AL biz? Do you think, even if this were all bollocks (pardon the expression), that the UK would hurt commercial airlines like this for fun?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The real terrorists, the NWO are masters at using keywords to cause as much brinwashed control as possible.
Their is no terrorist threat, think about it, if their really was a risk to the public do you REALLY think they'd cause mass hysteria? , they'd more likely keep it as quiet as possible.
The only danger to the public is from the worms we have behind the scenes in power, if something does happen, its those same worms that'll be behind it,not that anything needs to happen now anyway, after all they've achieved their goal.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
The real terrorists, the NWO are masters at using keywords to cause as much brinwashed control as possible.
Their is no terrorist threat, think about it, if their really was a risk to the public do you REALLY think they'd cause mass hysteria? , they'd more likely keep it as quiet as possible.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

Exactly what I was going to say. Now we do not know what the purpose of the whole thing is yet. But we must wait and see who will be blamed to have planned this foiled 'terrorist attack'. I would bet on the all-powerful Al-Qaeda, but who knows? i also expect a real attack quite soon that will be blamed on Iran/Syria - IMO the NWO masters badly need one...

Just my speculations though...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
They sure seem pretty serious about it.

All passengers must be hand searched and their footwear and all the items they are carrying must be x-ray screened.

In addition to the above, all passengers boarding flights to the USA and all the items they are carrying, including those acquired after the central screening point, must be subjected to secondary search at the boarding gate. Any liquids discovered must be removed from the passenger.

Reference

Shortly before Ramsey Yousef was caught, he flew on a Philippine Airlines 747. After he disembarked in the Philippines, and the flight continued on to Japan, there was an explosion onboard, killing a Japanese buisnessman. It was later determined that the explosive had been hidden in a bottle of contact lense cleaner, with a new type of detonater that had been specifically developed for this operation. This flight had been a test run for Operation Bojinko, and deemed a failure, however, it only failed by a matter of inches. The seat that Yousef had been assigned was the last seat over the main wing spar. One seat over and he would have been directly over the center wing fuel tank, and the plane would have exploded killing everyone instantly, with no one figuring out what happened as the plane was over open ocean between the Philippines and Japan.

That's the reason they are confiscating liquids from passengers.

[edit on 8/10/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Some folks are pondering if this has anything to do with the tip they got from Pakistani intel about Matiur Rehman which was reported today.

U.S. law enforcement officials tell ABC News there has been great concern since last March about a "Pakistani" network that could attempt multiple international attacks.

That didn't make much sense to me since the arrested are reportedly mostly Asian. Then I read that the Brits call India and Pakistani's "Asian", and someone on LGF posted

The (expletive deleted) they've arrested are ' British-born of Pakistani descent '.

Perhaps there is something to the theory after all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join