It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow this is a long thread already...

I don't see any reason yet to believe this was any kind of "inside job" - if it had been, it probably would have actually happened.

I see this thread breaking up into the familiar political divides, and in this case I'm not sure there is any reason for it. Hopefully all sides are glad that we didn't have a bunch of airliners exploding in midair today.

There are two general points of view I see repeating most often 1) there are Islamic extremist movements determined to attack the West and 2) Western governments, particularly those in the US and UK, are exploiting the threat from these Islamic extremists as cover to push strategic objectives that have nothing to do with the threat of terrorism, and everything to do with securing resources and political power.

Instead of having to "choose" one of the two outlooks, we need to consider the scarier possibility: that both are true.

[edit on 8/10/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aragami
its only a matter of time if these "terrorist" attacks keep occuring near to important political events or when certain peoples approval ratings are going down before the general public become aware of the convienient timing of such events.

It has dawned upon me that no matter when the terrorists attack those who want to blame the government will always find an reason. The latest reason given is that this is a election season, so it cannot possibly be a real terrorist attack. But lets examine that excuse.

August 10th, 2006, 3 months away from November 7th, the day of the Congressional elections. To some that alone is proof of a conspiracy. But if the attacks were to happen in 2006 (any month) that would still be enough reason for the usual excuse of "its an election year". Ok, 2005, well you guessed it, its the year after George Bush won and he wants to further take our rights and pass new legislation now that he won seats in Congress. 2004, Oh boy I don't even need to give you that excuse. 2003, well you guessed it again, any attack in 2003 would be seen by the usual crowd as an attack that was meant to get us to support the war in Iraq. 2002, well, you can figure this out by now, its right after 9/11 as usual "they" want to take our freedoms away, and make us support the war in Afghanistan and the possible war with Iraq. 2001, well, we all know that pretty well so I don't need to go over it.

Please folks, c’mon lets not be ridicules here. Thank you.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
wait i thought the war in iraq was to nick their oil to sort the economy out (which last time i checked was in pretty much as dire state as it was pre iraq war)

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think this may have something to do with this...

Mentos & Diet Coke

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
I think this may have something to do with this...

Mentos & Diet Coke

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Westpoint23,

Terrorist are real, they are out there to cause trouble and insecurity among the nations they target.

Nobody in the right minds will be in denial that they do not exist because to do that will be irresponsible.

But. . . is something that most people in these boards agree and perhaps you to certain extend.

The way in whish our government is targeting terrorist groups and the policies in the Middle East are not helping to stop the increasing resentment toward the US even by the so called allies that we have among muslin nations.

We are not getting any safer.

In American people tend to see the American side first but fail to understand the other side.

Is two side in the war against terrorism and the two sides include the so call Islamic factious and the Islamic nations.

To target one while forgetting the other is only bringing more resentment against the US reasons of targeting and it brings more supporters for terror.

In the other hand our own politicians from both sides cash out on the propaganda for personal and political gain.

That renders the efforts against terrorism for many Americans including me questionable. The Actions of past governments also makes people to become skeptical about the present happenings.

Is nothing wrong with questioning everything and is nothing wrong with pointing out discrepancies about this new attempt against the US safety.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I wonder if the story on the remaining 8 missing Egyptians who were supposed to report to classes in Montana 2 weeks ago will disappear now. I wonder if some of us here at ATS are sooo paranoid that now EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. I don't think that these two stories( missing "students"/ UK plot ),are propaganda to further tighten their grip on free societies, because these stories make the "Powers That Be" look incompetent.( If the UK authorities were watching these guys,and knew about the threat level,why did they let the plan develope for so long? It sounds as if this were a close call.). It's important right now for the Policy Wonks to look smart and appear competent.These two stories make them look like they're still half-asleep at the wheel. I'm thinking that there may be a link between the timing of the missing "students", and the onset of the intended UK attacks. I do wonder( to be fair to the more paranoid among us ) if these incidents will be used to link Iran or Syria to these plots so that it would be convenient for the U.S. or UK to do a little work on the side for Israel
I don't deny that it's possible that these "incidents" could be fabricated to keep the public scared, I just don't feel like that's the case. It seems like the UK authorities had a close call and almost screwed up. Now Tony looks cooler than George. Watch George try to " one-up" him now!

[edit on 8/10/06 by cosmo dag]

[edit on 8/10/06 by cosmo dag]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Westpoint23,

Terrorist are real, they are out there to cause trouble and insecurity among the nations they target.

No ones saying terrorists dont exist as far as i can see, its where the threats coming from that's not real.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerpeacemaker
bush is a fascist there is no such thing as an islamic fashist thats the craziest thing i ever heard i think its time to impliment operation: v for vendetta

nah ... calling Bush a fascist is the craziest thing you ever heard, and you said it yourself. Before you use "big" words, find out what they mean

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Now that is a sad state of denial you live in... Now I really REALLY peety you !

not only anti-semetic, but also in denial of reality. If there were pills for that, I would buy you some.

Although I disagree with Skadi alot, he/she is most definitely NOT anti-semetic. are you even paying attention to the posts, Baastet? Because honestly, some people are sick and tired of hearing people cry wolf about racism. Just let it go.

So please, stay on topic, and stop this petty name calling, since no one REALLY cares about what you are saying.

I know what I rad, and you don't tell me to let go, in fact ou don't tell me nothing, and I am on topic. Also you have no idea what race i am so hush yourself when you talk about race. He was the one talking againts Jews so let HIM deal with it.

Funny how they all gather together in litle whinning packs to pat eachother in the back...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I do not pity you. The views you hold are the stuff dictatorships are made of.

Right, right ... You're just lucky I am not a dictator

And in fact i have nothing against questioning authorities as long as it is donne right, and your ramblings are not a good example of that.

You don't need to go around attempting to justify what you said before with lame and vage statementes such as "Israel is not that much of a friend ..." blah, balh, balh .. how many terroristic attacks have been donne by Jews ? How many jews flew plaines againts towers? How many Jews hide behind their own children so they can bomb away other ppls homes and than complain about ti when they get it back ?? that's right ... none. SO you can just go aorund complaining about the jews and let the real problem pass right in front of your eyes. Do not bother replying back to me, becuase i won't bother reading it.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Everyone knows that terrorists have been around quite a long time. What we did was go in and stirr a hornets nest, for the sake of fear and horror 24/7 under the guise of 9/11 retaliation.

It is like a monster our own government grew in a laboratory...Its gotten out of hand...its taken over the world...no one knows where the "terror" will be the next day....No one knows where it will strike....No one knows if its real, no one knows if its fake.....Just about the worse horror movie one can imagine...will the monster be contained, or will it disrupt the world and chew it up with its fangs, country by country....no one knows....

We are not the only ones to blame, of course. Other countries are very willing participants in this horror. The planned elimination of mankind.

Why, oh, why???

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

how many terroristic attacks have been donne by Jews ?

I think you need to do a little more research on the founding of the Israeli state.
Start with the King David Hotel Bombing.

But that's not anything exceptional, in the last century there have been Jewish terrorists, Sunni terrorists, Shiite Terrorists, Catholic terrorists, Protestant terrorists, atheist leftist terrorists, and fascist terrorists, among others. No group has a monopoly on terrorist tactics.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

by xmotex
Instead of having to "choose" one of the two outlooks, we need to consider the scarier possibility: that both are true.

This is nothing to be afraid of, this is something to be aware of.

When Western governments, and lets not leave out Russia, China, and Mossad, I mean Israel, start to capitalize on the threat of Islamic terrrorism (justified or not), even to the point of false flag and red cell operations, that is a cause for major concern.

This is a global issue, and global, capitalist interests are at the heart of it, keeping the pressure on, stoking the fire that will consume them all.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is a little off topic, but since there are UK posters here I need a question answered. How easy is it for police to obtain search warrants over there? It doesn't have anything to do with this terror plot, just something else I'm trying to figure out.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think they can get a search warrent within a couple of hours depending on the level of the seriousness for the search warrent, but dont quote me on it

Update: or maybe im too late with this:

The treasury says the assets of 19 of the 24 terror suspects arrested in connection with an alleged plot to blow up airliners flying from the UK to US have been frozen.

Breaking News on Sky Now:

news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the recent developments on this story. CNN now claims that an undercover agent had infiltrated the cell after initially the British government recieved reports of the plot from US intelligence which overheard phone calls.

Also reports are that "As many as 50 people were involved in the plot", additionally martydrom tapes have been uncovered. So skeptics aside, we should soon know definatively who was behind this.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by truthseekerpeacemaker
bush is a fascist there is no such thing as an islamic fashist thats the craziest thing i ever heard i think its time to impliment operation: v for vendetta

Great example of why kids should respect R ratings. What are you going to do? Put on a mask and firebomb a federal building? Enjoy being another mans play toy while you're doing life in a federal pen.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Funnily enough, I knew this place would be all abuzz on today's news.

I heard it on the news heading to work.

Impressons,
It probably was/is a legitimate threat.
Al Qaeda or Hezbollah or a creation by Mossad/FBI/CIA, no clue.
A clever diversion to the real plot. Hmm could be?
So I guess everyone on drugs will take drugs before they fly now?
Will this contribute to an increase in breast feeding?
Oh Probably

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What we might be missing is that there's more to this story than some Thursday Theatre produced by Our British Allies at MI6, dedicated to Mossad, who have a horse in this 2006 race. US Intelligence itself, which is known to have close ties to Wall Street, may be simply helping their friends in the airline industry to boost revenue: forcing passengers to pay for in-flight beverages rather than allowing them to bring their own. This event is also sure to boost sales in affected airport convenience shops for other common articles which are now contraband to carry-on.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Dubious_Skunk]

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join