It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Nice post, sylvrshadow.

Originally posted by sylvrshadow
If a person, or several people wish to cause harm to others, they will invariably find a way despite all precautions.

Can't argue with that.

Not necessarily, if proper procedures are closely followed and measures are carefully put into place, these things CAN be prevented (as seen today).

Although this task is made much more difficult when it comes to dealing with people of suicidal nature whose sole purpose is to harm to others. Yet it can be 'thwarted' so don't get your hopes down.

What the airline industry needs to focus on is keeping the safety risks as minimal as possible, they need to throw all of the political corectness aside and hit the target straight on--more background checks, screening, etc. whatever it takes. Every new terror attempt helps prevent a future one (it's sad that this is what it takes but it's true).

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

U.S. intelligence officials said the plotters hoped to stage a dry run by Friday, The Associated Press reported. The actual attack would have followed days later, the officials told AP.

A senior congressional source said it is believed the plotters planned to mix a British sports drink with a gel-like substance to make an explosive that they would possibly trigger with an MP3 player or cell phone.

The sports drink could be combined with a peroxide-based paste to form a potent "explosive cocktail," if properly done, said a U.S. counterterrorism official.

Link

Ok, this CNN report states that they were planning a "dry-run" for Friday, basically a rehearsal. I think this caused the police to move in, they might have been getting too close for comfort to their goal. The article also states that at least 2 have been arrested in Pakistan and 24 in Britain, however more are still wanted for questioning.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Ok, this CNN report states that they were planning a "dry-run" for Friday, basically a rehearsal.

Yeah,
its interesting to see what happens over the next few days

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Explosive Gel Was to Be Concealed in Sports Drink

The suspected terror plotters arrested in Britain had planned to conceal their liquid or gel explosives inside a modified sports beverage drink container and trigger the device with the flash from a disposable camera.

ABC News has learned exclusively that the plotters planned to leave the top of the bottle sealed and filled with the original beverage but add a false bottom, filled with a liquid or gel explosive. The terrorists planned to dye the explosive mixture red to match the sports drink sealed in the top half of the container.

This, they thought, would ensure that they would be able to pass through security -- even if they were asked to unseal and drink the beverage.

More...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Ok, this CNN report states that they were planning a "dry-run" for Friday, basically a rehearsal.

Yeah,
its interesting to see what happens over the next few days

nothing i hope,

how many other suspects are meant to be at large now?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aragami
nothing i hope,

I don't know, last time i heard it was in the 20s..but afew have been arrested since i think.

i too, hope nothing happens tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Explosive Gel Was to Be Concealed in Sports Drink

The suspected terror plotters arrested in Britain had planned to conceal their liquid or gel explosives inside a modified sports beverage drink container and trigger the device with the flash from a disposable camera.

ABC News has learned exclusively that the plotters planned to leave the top of the bottle sealed and filled with the original beverage but add a false bottom, filled with a liquid or gel explosive. The terrorists planned to dye the explosive mixture red to match the sports drink sealed in the top half of the container.

This, they thought, would ensure that they would be able to pass through security -- even if they were asked to unseal and drink the beverage.

More...

red?? what sports drinks are red?? i can only think of strawberryade, cherryade, tizer and some random lucozade type drink which i can't remember the name of,
also wouldnt the bottom part with the explosives in stay static while the rest of the drink would move if its drunk?? might be a big indicator that, having the bottom inch of a bottled drink stay completely static while the person drinks from it

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by aragami
nothing i hope,

I don't know, last time i heard it was in the 20s..but afew have been arrested since i think.

i too, hope nothing happens tomorrow.

According to this 10.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
depends on what happens, we might (and i say that lightly) see a recall of Parliament if anything major happens over the next few days.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

U.S. intelligence officials said the plotters hoped to stage a dry run by Friday, The Associated Press reported. The actual attack would have followed days later, the officials told AP.

A senior congressional source said it is believed the plotters planned to mix a British sports drink with a gel-like substance to make an explosive that they would possibly trigger with an MP3 player or cell phone.

The sports drink could be combined with a peroxide-based paste to form a potent "explosive cocktail," if properly done, said a U.S. counterterrorism official.

Link

Ok, this CNN report states that they were planning a "dry-run" for Friday, basically a rehearsal. I think this caused the police to move in, they might have been getting too close for comfort to their goal. The article also states that at least 2 have been arrested in Pakistan and 24 in Britain, however more are still wanted for questioning.

Dry run, eh?

According to intelligence, in 1996 a couple of suspected Al Qaeda guys were arrested on a Japanaese plane after taking off from Tokyo for doing a "dry run".

Also, if I remember correctly, there was an actor the week prior to 9/11 who complained about a possible dry run on one of the same exact flights that crashed in the world trade center.

Hmmmmmm.............

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
just on cnn more to come plane grounded and searched because of a package they found.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
just on cnn more to come plane grounded and searched because of a package they found.

which airport?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
sorry i didnt catch that but it was here in the states they said they'll be back to it with more information.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
funny how bush is straight away pointing the blame on islamic people how a ''us official'' has said the attacks are linked to al queda. proof please?

CNN Link

link   
fox news said bwi international airport. however they said it was nothing just a package. people were evacated though.

link   
who are these mystery terroists? what are there names? were are they from? what are there familys saying? i think this is just propaganda bull# they just want to keep us scared. every year around 911 all these fake story come out just keep the war machine running and oiled and fueled. im sick of this country i wish i could start a new one

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well is a new term to be use now when talking bout terrorist, the British now call them, Islamic factious I thing it sounds so nice with the British accent.

And for the drinks . . . there goes the British Gatorade. . . I imagine they will get a blow on their profits.

Does nasty Islamic factious

I love the British accent.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
bush is a fascist there is no such thing as an islamic fashist thats the craziest thing i ever heard i think its time to impliment operation: v for vendetta

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Dry run, eh?

According to intelligence, in 1996 a couple of suspected Al Qaeda guys were arrested on a Japanaese plane after taking off from Tokyo for doing a "dry run".

Also, if I remember correctly, there was an actor the week prior to 9/11 who complained about a possible dry run on one of the same exact flights that crashed in the world trade center.

Hmmmmmm.............

Actually, you're thinking of Ramsi Yousef, he set a timer on the bomb and it blew up 4 hours after he was off the plane killing a Japanese business man. He used contact cleaner bottles to smuggle the stuff on. So the airlines moved to ban all types of aresols, gels, etc... the same type of stuff that they were trying to use again. It took off from the Phills though and was over Japan when it occured. You should probably check the facts on stuff like that before you post it, it lends more credibility to your point.

Oddly enough, people had a fit about freedom being taken away and they never fully implemented the measures. It's an interesting conundrum...

So now the same thing pops up, and people are saying "See! They turned a blind eye to it then!!!" Well, no, they didn't but so many people claimed that it was unfair, and we'll never vote for you again, etc, etc, etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckenny2k4
just a thought, but does anyone else, other than me think this whole thing might just be yet another activity, that makes us believe that arabic/asian people are threats, and therefore makes us believe were doing the right thing by fighting in iraq?

i believe 9/11 was an inside job, set up by the american government, and used as a reason to go to war with iraq and take control of the oil fields. i believe 7/7 was also an inside job, made to re-enforce our minds that its asian people that are attacking this country. and i believe this is a similar threat. that will have the same effects on peoples heads.

any response would be appreciated, thanks.

So, are you also saying that there are no terrorists?

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join