It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Barring White People From Getting The Monkeypox Shot Isn’t Racism, What Is It?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think you might be misreading it...

Monkey Pox primarily afflicts homosexuals, so that is really what is driving the vaccine need more than anything. In addition, many minorities lag in getting proper vaccinations so that is why they are the priority.

So yeah, if you are straight white male, you may not be eligible... but you also are unlikely to need it anyway. If you are gay white male, looks like they are more than happy to provide it.

Straight minorities are also unlikely to need monkey pox vaccine either.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
No white people allowed? Its like they are trying to say the monkeypox shot is strictly for monkeys.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What is it with democrats and violating peoples civil rights?

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I think you might be misreading it...

Monkey Pox primarily afflicts homosexuals, so that is really what is driving the vaccine need more than anything. In addition, many minorities lag in getting proper vaccinations so that is why they are the priority.

So yeah, if you are straight white male, you may not be eligible... but you also are unlikely to need it anyway. If you are gay white male, looks like they are more than happy to provide it.

Straight minorities are also unlikely to need monkey pox vaccine either.

From the article, and also in the OP...

According to the CDPH dataset, cases in whites far exceed those found in people of other skin colors, with whites representing 34 percent of statewide cases, whereas cumulative cases in African Americans, Asians, and American Indians account for just 19 percent.

One can argue that those white folks are all gay, but the stats quoted do not say they are. That said...

The point of the article IS racism against white people.

The point of the OP is NOT racism against white people.
edit on 9/26/2022 by Klassified because: bold

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What is it with democrats and violating peoples civil rights?

The ends justify the means, DB. At least in their opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
in the uk its simply the (GBMSM)** group and those who come in contact with them

**(Gay, Bisexual, Men who have Sex with Men)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
in the uk its simply the (GBMSM)** group and those who come in contact with them

**(Gay, Bisexual, Men who have Sex with Men)

Supposedly, it is much the same here, but that is not what the OP is about.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I was trying to be clear as to who healthcare deems the at risk groups are, reshaping the at risk groups because of politics won't stop the outbreak, its like they want it to continue..

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
DB, was I so vague in the OP that it wasn't obvious that the racism I was highlighting was against the very "people of color" they were soliciting to get the shot? I thought I was being plain as day. Maybe not?

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

When I first read this, yeah, it's obviously racist, and they want to exclude White men. At least for the most part. I guess gay and trans White men are okay.

But then it occurred to me that the highest rates of monkeypox are in gay men, not just men in general. Since "men" per se is not their target, why are they listing "Black" and "Latin" specifically, as if ALL Black and Latin men are vulnerable to Monkeypox? Is that what they are suggesting? Maybe not, but it's what I'm inferring and it's also quite racist!!!

None of this makes sense except from a ridiculous intersectional racist viewpoint.

I'd run far far away from that job too, K!

On a re-read of this, kudos for the excellent post, and thank you for reading the whole OP.

I would like to ask you the same question I asked DB. Was it not obvious that the racism I was pointing in the OP was against the very "people of color" they were soliciting? Did I need to be clearer? Honest answer please. I try to write OP's that are as short as possible, but clear and to the point, but some seem to have missed it completely.
edit on 9/26/2022 by Klassified because: wording

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
DB, was I so vague in the OP that it wasn't obvious that the racism I was highlighting was against the very "people of color" they were soliciting to get the shot? I thought I was being plain as day. Maybe not?

Nope, clear as crystal to me.

But back in the day, racism was treating people differently, judging people differently, based on nothing more than color of skin.

Today, racism is okay if it means social equity justice.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I did think though, that the MonkeyPox vax has been around for a while.

there's just not a big supply, which raises even more questions.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I don’t care what vaccine gays get or when.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

like the covid vaccines its easy to see the supply chain issues..

the UK is now offering 2nd doses while still prioritising the first dose to the highest risk groups.. i believe the first batch was 50k doses and they are now getting a 2nd batch of 80k doses the EU secured 180k dose.. the UK signed in June the EU in July and the USA in Aug..

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Why didn't I see furries on that list? I hear they like but sex (you know, like doggy style).
edit on 26-9-2022 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well darn you! Color me embarrassed...

Now I have to admit that I misread "Monkeypox" as "Covid" so my first read was that yes, White people were being discriminated against for racist reasons, and trying to remember any studies that showed a correlation between races of color and Covid that might justify it.

But at some point I realized it was about Monkeypox, and re-read your OP, and thinking about it in that light.

So no, I didn't see that at first. But probably because I misread and went down the wrong rabbit trail.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So why hasn't anyone sued them?

Surely this is an open and shut case of Racism.

Perhaps to stir the pot, post some White heterosexuals' only events.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
I agree with everything you said, well said. I don't necessarily think this is racist against White folks. There's enough anti-White racism going around nowadays so I can definitely see why people immediately think that from reading the OP.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
No worries, I have done that too, so I have no room to critique anyone else.

I just wanted to make sure I got the point across.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I did think though, that the MonkeyPox vax has been around for a while.

there's just not a big supply, which raises even more questions.

Exactly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join