It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72% of refugees fleeing war and oppression are men

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Haven't read all the pages yet but a common theme everyone seems to be worried about is these 18-30 y/o males are radicalized or will be. So here's a thought. Why would already radicalized males be fleeing? The reason they're fleeing is because of war AND radicalism.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I call is misogyny and cowardace. Women and children alway bear the brunt of the wars that men start.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Haven't read all the pages yet but a common theme everyone seems to be worried about is these 18-30 y/o males are radicalized or will be. So here's a thought. Why would already radicalized males be fleeing? The reason they're fleeing is because of war AND radicalism.

Possible, but if fleeing that meant leaving wives and children behind, neither of which have much of a chance in war or in a radicalized environment. Can't say the expectations would be high that they will care much about their new environments anymore more than they did their wives and children. How does anyone act or treat something they don't care about?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Sounds like an army to me.

and it looks exactly like that too.

I'm not saying every person involved is a militant.. but so many fighting aged men - none of them malnourished - wanting to get to western Europe..

Reminds me of the Nazi's crossing borders on foot.

bad things are coming!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

who said they're fleeing?

they're moving into the next arena!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

is the kid on the bottom fighting age?
im scared of that one

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

is the kid on the bottom fighting age?
im scared of that one

Depends

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Who here remembers the global Ebola outbreak and what quarantine protocols the US and other governments put in place to combat possible contamination on home soil from foreign countries?

Since it's clear that no-one can tell if all or any of these refugees are ISIS terrorist infiltrators - take no chances and presume they are all terrorists and set-up a process to review each individual.

Or if logistically that's too mind-blowing and will cost too much money and take too much time then that country must accept the consequential effect resultant from the current train of thought of welcoming with open arms all the refugees without properly processing them for possible radicalization and bio-security measures.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

These people are fighting to the death, they believe they have a mandate from Allah to butcher everyone for their caliphate.

Holding a child up in front of the camera to look ''family like'' is exactly what they would do - because it makes them appear to be anything but a blood thirsty soldier.

Taking a orphan who's lost his family across the border to appear ''family like'' is the game here.

Real refugee's just want to cross the border, these young men of fighting age want to make it to western Europe.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

lol. I'm actually laughing. Not because what you said was funny but because the mind sure has a sneaky way of playing tricks on you. IF you spun it that way, sure would be a frightening thought eh? But lets not get caught up in such trickery and forget about the humanity we have in all of us.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

but if fleeing that meant leaving wives and children behind, neither of which have much of a chance in war or in a radicalized environment.

Let's not jump to conclusions. A journey like that isn't for everyone and perhaps a majority of those men have lost everything. We don't know the facts. What's the ratio of men to women there anyway? In know China is like 5 men to every 1 woman but that's another story. We just don't know enough to make wild assumptions.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: TinySickTears

These people are fighting to the death, they believe they have a mandate from Allah to butcher everyone for their caliphate.

Holding a child up in front of the camera to look ''family like'' is exactly what they would do - because it makes them appear to be anything but a blood thirsty soldier.

Taking a orphan who's lost his family across the border to appear ''family like'' is the game here.

Real refugee's just want to cross the border, these young men of fighting age want to make it to western Europe.

i was talking about the kid at the bottom with the sideways eyes.
anyway, these are my thoughts.
i dont for 1 second believe that all these guys are hard up refugees that are dead broke and eating dirt and yadda yadda
i also dont believe we are looking at a gan of isis trojan horse sleepers.

i think it is somewhere in the middle and the explanation is something like

their country sucks and they know it. they have a chance to get out so they are.
once they get i there i think there will be varying degrees of people trying to start fresh and adapt to the new country, customs, and culture.
and there will be varying degrees of people that want to live in the new country but will refuse to adapt.
just like here

im not buying that isis is sending 500k migrants over to start wrecking people

i think most people give isis too much credit

wrecking # in the desert in areas where they control everything is far different than tearing up another country

my thoughts

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Reminds me of the Nazi's crossing borders on foot.

Panic, scream and run in circles!
Utter rubbish but hysterical at least, that was kinda funny.

Btw guys, there are appr. 85% males in every army as well, now guess who would have been the first target in every conflict? Yeah... that's right. Women, children or the old ones, not these guys in fighting age. Geez...

*sigh*

Fear eats the soul, remember that at times.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Reallyfolks

but if fleeing that meant leaving wives and children behind, neither of which have much of a chance in war or in a radicalized environment.

Let's not jump to conclusions. A journey like that isn't for everyone and perhaps a majority of those men have lost everything. We don't know the facts. What's the ratio of men to women there anyway? In know China is like 5 men to every 1 woman but that's another story. We just don't know enough to make wild assumptions.

Who is jumping to conclusions? I clearly stated if that fleeing meant.......Seems like it wasn't me jumping to conclusions, but someone being quite eager to jump to the defense....just saying.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Public Opnion and Tinysicktears

You are so sure of yourselves that you mock people ? what proof do you have that these military age men were not fighting for ISIS? I wish I had the proof you have in your hands.

I've seen refugee's first hand - these men, young, fit, fighting age men all in nice clothes with wide eyes and energy do not look like refugee's.

I am not saying ''ALL'' of them are militants - i am pretty sure i said that a couple of times.
Are you saying that none of them are militants - in your mocking tone?

There's fighters in there, more than you want to believe.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Public Opnion and Tinysicktears

You are so sure of yourselves that you mock people ? what proof do you have that these military age men were not fighting for ISIS? I wish I had the proof you have in your hands.

I've seen refugee's first hand - these men, young, fit, fighting age men all in nice clothes with wide eyes and energy do not look like refugee's.

I am not saying ''ALL'' of them are militants - i am pretty sure i said that a couple of times.
Are you saying that none of them are militants - in your mocking tone?

There's fighters in there, more than you want to believe.

no proof. just my opinion.
i dont know how many are militants. dont care too much either.
im just not buying into all the isis fighter trojan horse hype.

think what you want. does not matter to me
im not changing my mind.
i dont have proof. you dont have proof. nobody has proof.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
for the most part i think a great deal of these ladies and gents have simply found a way to get out of their # hole of a country on someone elses dime. i think once they get there they will settle in and expect their new benefactors to change to suit their culture and beliefs. much like what happens in the states.

they are going to get aid and food and shelter and of course they 'deserve' it. they are owed it. you know

they found a way out and theyre taking it.

pretty soon downtown munich is going to have a 'little syria' part of town like the major cities in the states have. like we have chinatown. little italy. little havana. etc etc

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Fact is there are some who will not like these people under any circumstances no matter what. Muslim, terrorist,etc. Some would defend these people to the very last second second before their throats were slit if it got to that.

Throw out all the crazies on both sides and if you do not have an infrastructure setup to absorb and integrate a large influx of people, realizing language barriers can be even trickier, then you are solving one external problem to create 50 internal. If that logic escapes you or you don't care then quite honestly you shouldn't be taken seriously.

If you wanted to seriously address the problem rather than feel good no matter what other issues arise you would push to have the infrastructure in place ahead of time and let numbers in based on how many could be successfully absorbed and integrated and progress along those lines.

I see a lot of people who want to pack as many into their countries no matter what so they can claim some moral superiority and feel good. I see a lot who say no regardless, and very little in regards to common sense. Hang tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

It would be a bit disconcerting to see a 1,000 of these refugees move into your town. But, maybe they're just looking for a better life. Maybe their women have already been abducted or killed in the war. Maybe some are planning evil.

No one can be sure. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Unless the subjects of Europe rise up and stop it of course, but I don't see that happening.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Real men stand and fight while the sissy's run away. I know this sound lame but, I 'm just saying.
When put to the test, real men Cowboy up. We don't always win, but you can sure as hell, tell we been there. Some battles can't be won. But if you run away, you lose something, and that something, is what makes incredible man.
Some times you just have to channel you inner cowboy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join